whose opinion matters most to you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

whose opinion matters most to you?

• parents

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • friends

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • gods

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • peers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • churchmembers

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

easygoing

Just an honest poll here and hope everyone is truthful in the responses. If gods opinion of you is not the most important then i encourage you to make it that way. We are to be in the world and not of the world right?

D

Definition_Christ

Just an honest poll here and hope everyone is truthful in the responses. If gods opinion of you is not the most important then i encourage you to make it that way. We are to be in the world and not of the world right?
Amen to that Yes that is true we are in the world but not OF the world :).

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
i am the first voter in the poll - yeah!!!!

God and my parents are the most importnat opinions in my life - and my siblings

tey all give m guidance thoughout my daily works :D

F

FixYourWeave

Great post! If god told you to post this, then thank you for obeying, because this is exactly what im struggling with at the moment, making gods opinion the most important.

Apr 23, 2009
I voted gods under the assumption you meant God's

G

greatkraw

my own opinion

Oct 17, 2009
I voted for the gods, because Thor and Athena always give me reliable advice. :)

E

easygoing

lol i knew i should have paid more attention to my punctuation! Yes i meant god, as in our father in heaven.
I posted this because i was asked this in church this last sunday by the pastor and when i really looked at myself, i realized that god's opinion wasn't the only one which i held close to. I am in transition now and working to change that so that all i can focus on pleasing is god and not worrying about the other people. I don't want to lift up anyone to the same level as god and sure don't want to put anyone above god.

Nov 12, 2009
The Law requires us to love God first and love all others after that. God's opinion is the only one that matters.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I always have some anxiety about how others see me. But the only one that matters to tears for me is God Our Father's, Jesus's and His Holy Spirit.
God bless, pickles

Jan 31, 2009
which of the gods do you mean if we vote here for God it looks like we vote for the gods!!

I didn't vote But Yes God, the God of the Holy Bible is the one that matters the most to me

Jan 8, 2009
which of the gods do you mean if we vote here for God it looks like we vote for the gods!!

I didn't vote But Yes God, the God of the Holy Bible is the one that matters the most to me
Oh i know, I thought parents said pants , friends were fiends, gods was obviously other gods, peers were pears, and churchmembers was the lobster!

Dec 3, 2009
Everyone's opinion matters to me to an extent. For example, if someone thought I was a mean person, even if I hardly knew them, I would want to know so I could apologize and adjust my attitude.

S

sunshine_debbie

This is one of the reasons why I am so afraid, and one of the reasons why I have so much panic and fear. I think that I love my husband more then I love anyone, and I care about his opinion more than I do Gods. Isnt that the most horrible thing you have ever heard? I have prayed and prayed and prayed for God to help me love him more then anyone.

I am scared that God is punishing me for this. Any thoughts on what to do?

G

greatkraw

This is one of the reasons why I am so afraid, and one of the reasons why I have so much panic and fear. I think that I love my husband more then I love anyone, and I care about his opinion more than I do Gods. Isnt that the most horrible thing you have ever heard? I have prayed and prayed and prayed for God to help me love him more then anyone.

'Fear Not, Fret Not, Worry Not'

2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

May 21, 2009
Gods with a big G. Lil g revers to false gods.

Dec 19, 2009

No it isn't the most horrible thing I have ever heard. You have been honest, it shows actually that you do have a sincere heart for God. It is easy for us all to come and comment that God matters most in our lives, and he should, and I am sure to some He does. I have struggled withv this too. I have been convicted lately that I must care more about God than anything.
I honestly believe it is only God that can bring us to this point. We are called to love Him with all our body, soul, heart and mind. I know I have failed miserably. But God looks at the heart, and He still loves me, and you I am sure.
I do not believe God is punishing you for this. But He may allow circumstances into your life so that you come closer to him. Thank you for your honesty, I appreciate it, and I am sure God does too

God Bless

Jan 31, 2009
I wanted to vote for God, it was " gods " and not God so i didn't vote

W

worldlover

i didn't understand if its Gods or God's anyway i would choose God!

Status
Not open for further replies.