Whta is the Gospel!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
what has praying in tongues got to do with the gospel. Absolutely nothing.

But seeing you mentioned it, You can't sit on the fence on topics and say jesus had different beliefs on it depending on who he was talking to. If one believes in talking in tongues as gibberish, that is not of god, and anything not of god is against god.

Tongues just means languages..there is no need for that today nor has there been for many centuries. anyone who claims they talk in tongues can be very easily proven a liar. its very simple to do, yet they will never take the challenge because they know they simply cannot talk in tongues,

People who claim this just like to make out they have a gift that others don't..therefore puffing themselves up above others.. God is clear about talking things that are not understandable. Talking in tongues back in the apostles day were understandable..unlike the gibberish claimed as 'talking in tongues today'

If you think its ok for those to say they can do something miraculous as talking in tongues was, then you are saying god is a liar.so it is extremely important to know htat these who claim such things are not of god. and to back them up is not trusting in gods word.
Because you don't have the Holy Spirit, you judge everyone else who does. I pray in tongues all the time, just as now I am praying in tongues for you, because I have no idea what to pray for you.

Apr 30, 2010
Because you don't have the Holy Spirit, you judge everyone else who does. I pray in tongues all the time, just as now I am praying in tongues for you, because I have no idea what to pray for you.
That just proves what I've been saying. If you don't know what you are praying, then you could be praying for your own death or the death of a loved one for all you know.

That is the absurdity of the matter.

And when did anyone who spoke in tongues (real languages) not have interpretors?

As for judging. The bible doesn't talk about not judging others..on the contrary john spoke of it much. as did many others.

you even say yourself you have no idea what to pray for? why wouldn't anyone have any idea what to pray for? jesus taught how to pray..and he taught to pray to the father in heaven and what to pray and how pray, and they ALL UNDERSTOOD what he said.

If I pray for you to understand the scriptures I will pray just that.. that you understand the scriptures. I don't need to talk in gibberish.

Tongues was never gibberish..

Tongues was just other languages..like greek, german, italian, french.. languages that people of the time spoke, and understood, and with interpretors of those languages many learnt..

How can you speak in a tongue and not have an interpretor to tell you what you are saying if you claim to be able to speak in another language.

Surely if you have done what they did back then..in talking in tongues..you would have had to have an interpretor as required..so I'm sure that interpretor told you at some stage which language he spoke..so you would know which language you reckon you can talk in when nobody is actually around

What some people claim is the holy spirit showing them things they claim as gifts..is actually the spirit of deceipt. Anyone can claim they have the holy spirit. but when they say they can do the miracles of 2000 years ago and change the rules on it..they show it isnt the holy spirit they have.. thats for certain.

G

godsbluesman

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SAVED?
read the gospels of mattew mark luke john and acts
first 3 tell what happened and why-acts tells us what we must do
thats just a quick reference and for a starting place for ya..

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
That just proves what I've been saying. If you don't know what you are praying, then you could be praying for your own death or the death of a loved one for all you know.

That is the absurdity of the matter.

And when did anyone who spoke in tongues (real languages) not have interpretors?

As for judging. The bible doesn't talk about not judging others..on the contrary john spoke of it much. as did many others.

you even say yourself you have no idea what to pray for? why wouldn't anyone have any idea what to pray for? jesus taught how to pray..and he taught to pray to the father in heaven and what to pray and how pray, and they ALL UNDERSTOOD what he said.

If I pray for you to understand the scriptures I will pray just that.. that you understand the scriptures. I don't need to talk in gibberish.

Tongues was never gibberish..

Tongues was just other languages..like greek, german, italian, french.. languages that people of the time spoke, and understood, and with interpretors of those languages many learnt..

How can you speak in a tongue and not have an interpretor to tell you what you are saying if you claim to be able to speak in another language.

Surely if you have done what they did back then..in talking in tongues..you would have had to have an interpretor as required..so I'm sure that interpretor told you at some stage which language he spoke..so you would know which language you reckon you can talk in when nobody is actually around

What some people claim is the holy spirit showing them things they claim as gifts..is actually the spirit of deceipt. Anyone can claim they have the holy spirit. but when they say they can do the miracles of 2000 years ago and change the rules on it..they show it isnt the holy spirit they have.. thats for certain.
I have no idea what to pray for for you. I know that the Spirit does know what to pray, so I pray in the Spirit. And now I leave you, and hope that you find grace.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
And please, do not pray for me. I mean that very dearly.