Whta is the Gospel!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
We all talk about Salvation, each with our own slants and prejudices. But what exactly is the "Good News"?

What is the Good News?

In Love

Phil

P.S, I mistyped the title should be 'What' :(

S

Shwagga

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.

G

giantone

The bad news is sin kills, the good news Jesus saves. And it is good news to the people who take God's offer and bad news to everyone else and the devil.

1still_waters

Romans 1
16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[a] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."[b]

May 21, 2009
Jesus the good news. You can go to heaven and not hell. The blood of Jesus was shed for all. Just take the free gift.

C

calvina

We all talk about Salvation, each with our own slants and prejudices. But what exactly is the "Good News"?

What is the Good News?

In Love

Phil

John 3:16" For GOD so loved the world that HE gave His one and only Son,that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life".

Dec 19, 2009
John 3:16" For GOD so loved the world that HE gave His one and only Son,that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life".
I was going to quote that verse, so now I will have to quote another

The word is near you, it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is the word of faith we are proclaiming.
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom10:8&9

Jan 8, 2009
Going by Isaiah 61, the "Gospel" that Jesus preached contained quite a bit:

Isa 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is on Me; because Jehovah has anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor;

1.He has sent Me to bind up the broken-hearted,
2. to proclaim liberty to the captives,
3.and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
Isa 61:2
to preach the acceptable year of Jehovah and
5.the day of vengeance of our God;
6.to comfort all who mourn;

J

Jordan9

An unwarranted gift of eternal life with God, bought by the blood of Christ.

And as beneficiaries of this Gospel, we are called to love others as Christ loves us.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
The Good News is that we are no longer separated from God by sin, but are now through Jesus Christ reconciled unto Him for all eternity, with nothing standing between us and Him. All sins and all lies have been removed in Jesus Christ, and now we are risen to new life to God in Him.

Feb 9, 2010
The Gospel is believing that Jesus is the Saviour of the world,that He died for our sins,and God raised Him from the dead,and all those who believe in faith will be raised to be with Him.

But you must believe that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh and not only a good man.
Jesus explained to the Jews that if they did not believe that He is God manifest in the flesh they would die in their sins.

Then you repent of all your sins,and turn away from all sins,and be baptized,and if this is done correctly you will receive the Holy Spirit to help you in your walk with God.

Some people do not what repenting of their sins means,and go back to their lifestyle,thinking they were saved.

Matt

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jesus is my savior and Lord!
God bless, pickles

C

charisenexcelcis

So many facets to the one gem of the Good News of Jesus Christ!

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009

What is the Good News?

In Love

Phil

The good news is that God's great plan of redemption has been fulfilled in Christ.

Consider the promise made to Abraham.

Genesis 12: 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

Genesis 22: 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

God told Abraham that his seed would bless all nations. What was Abraham's seed that God was referring to?

Galatians 3: 16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

Christ is the seed. But what is the blessing?

Galatians 3: 8 The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you."

Luke 24: 44 He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms." 45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The blessing is that all people, of all races and nationalities, will receive forgiveness of sins and be redeemed by faith in Christ Jesus. And this, because of God's graciousness and love for us.

THAT IS THE GOOD NEWS!

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
The Good news is reconcilation to God through repentance and remission of sins through the name Jesus Christ.

M

motojojo

Love one another as I have loved you. If your Gospel don't line up with that you not in love.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Luke 2:
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Matt 1:
21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Quest

Apr 30, 2010
The Gospel it the 'things concerning christ and the coming kingdom' which contain many things, in particular that salvation is through faith and that works of law are a curse, and the kingdom of god is on earth, the promises to the fathers to be fullfilled are a big part of the gospel as well. As well as to know the nature of christ the son of god.

That is the basics of what the gospel means..

Apr 30, 2010
acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news (gospel) about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Acts 1:3 To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.

D

Dmurray

Wow.. I can't believe how many posts are on here that say the good news is just that Jesus saves.

The Gospel is:
1. The Death
2. The Burial
3. The Resurrection

How we apply all three?:
1. The Death - Repentance, dying to our sinful nature and ourselves
2. The Burial - Full immersion baptism in Jesus name to be covered by the blood
3. The Resurrection - Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is the good news!