Why are asteroid near-misses and numbers increasing? More coming in 2018--

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I was shocked to read about the near-miss of the massive asteroid on Superbowl Sunday, and the smaller one right after that even closer. An asteroid about a half-mile across or so misses by only a couple million miles? And they only spotted it a few weeks before? That's pretty close for horse-shoes, if you ask me-- considering the earth is 93 million miles from the sun, and is traveling at 67,000 MPH/110,000 KPH around the sun; the asteroid was traveling 76,000 MPH in an UNKNOWN orbital trajectory?.

I think that's called a warning shot-- a shot across the bow;
A warning from God: "Prepare ye the way of the LORD!"

[video=youtube;ovB4JKGbfFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovB4JKGbfFc&list=PLo4bqEiG7-PAtZKxFiBL2ib2xSne56p_d&index=7[/video]

asteroid2.jpg

***photo's and song are copyrighted and used only for demonstration purposes

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Actually a small asteroid passed by us closer than the moon
that close

He keeps us on our toes - but except for a few nerds like us, did anyone else notice?

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire
was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died;
and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
Revelation 8:

Scary very scary
We are not going to get through this without a lot of real powerful faith.
Only the Lord himself can protect and saves during these times.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
I was shocked to read about the near-miss of the massive asteroid on Superbowl Sunday, and the smaller one right after that even closer. An asteroid about a half-mile across or so misses by only a couple million miles? And they only spotted it a few weeks before? That's pretty close for horse-shoes, if you ask me-- considering the earth is 93 million miles from the sun, and is traveling at 67,000 MPH/110,000 KPH around the sun; the asteroid was traveling 76,000 MPH in an UNKNOWN orbital trajectory?.

[video=youtube;ovB4JKGbfFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovB4JKGbfFc&list=PLo4bqEiG7-PAtZKxFiBL2ib2xSne56p_d&index=7[/video]

View attachment 178976

I would not say that asteroid near misses are increasing. It is more like our ability to see them has improved.
lets take a the example of a microscope. After we develop the microscope that could let us see microorganisms.
Scientists were able to see thousands of those tiny bugs . They also were discovering new ones all the time . Did the amount of microbes increase because all of a sudden we could now see thousands of them ? Nope .
Also if you want to checkout something cool go look at the JPL website for near miss asteroids. Thousands of them are out there and hundreds will pass by the earth closer than the moon in just the next 3 years.
Blessings
Bill

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Herald, why do you always post such doom and gloom so eagerly?

Asking for a friend!

PS Not saying you are right, or I believe you, or anything!

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Herald, why do you always post such doom and gloom so eagerly?

Asking for a friend!

PS Not saying you are right, or I believe you, or anything!
sorry-- I'm glad they both missed! if that helps...

the Lord knows where they are...

not_one_sparrow_falls.jpg horse shoe fish.jpg

and it's not just lucky horseshoes!

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Actually a small asteroid passed by us closer than the moon
that close

He keeps us on our toes - but except for a few nerds like us, did anyone else notice?

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire
was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died;
and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
Revelation 8:

Scary very scary
We are not going to get through this without a lot of real powerful faith.
Only the Lord himself can protect and saves during these times.
three of them so far this month-- the big one, then two smaller ones, the last one was Friday the 9th? CB2018-- up to 40 meters and passed within 39,000 miles (64,000km) or 1/5th the distance to the moon. At theguardian.com it says there is one coming in 2029 that will pass within 1/10th the distance to the moon! I was reading some more, and NASA said they have been tracking that big one on the 4th for over a decade. I read that on one occasion, the earth had just passed 5 minutes before-- too tired to look it up.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I think a couple of million miles is a long way. Its only a near miss when using astronomical terms. I guess there has been countless numbers of near misses in the past long before we could observe and measure them. I wont get into panic mode until a big one actually does hit us

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016

View attachment 178976

I have heard it expressed as driving down a freeway as fast as you can go,

And there are crossroads with people driving as fast as they can go,

With no slowing down and no stop signs.

It's only a matter of time until a big one hits.

---

The asteroid that will turn the planet into fire will strike after the 7th trumpet blows and we are caught up to be with Jesus.

It will be a direct hit on Jerusalem.

The events are described in Rev ch 11.

It is the stone that was cut from a mountain without human hands that destroys the statue in Daniel 2.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I think a couple of million miles is a long way. Its only a near miss when using astronomical terms. I guess there has been countless numbers of near misses in the past long before we could observe and measure them. I wont get into panic mode until a big one actually does hit us
The quick math on the 2029 rock is: 20,000 miles/30,000 kilometers?-- a decade away; yikes! that's too close for comfort--

That's less than the distance across the planet-- 24,900 miles/ 40,000 km; I wonder if that takes into consideration the atmosphere?

It's not gonna hit this time, but, at 320 meters across, it could take out an area the size of Texas they say--
https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2005/13may_2004mn4

On April 13, 2029, asteroid 2004 MN4 will fly past Earth only 18,600 miles (30,000 km) above the ground. For comparison, geosynchronous satellites orbit at 22,300 miles (36,000 km). "At closest approach, the asteroid will shine like a 3rd magnitude star, visible to the unaided eye from Africa, Europe and Asia--even through city lights," says Jon Giorgini of JPL. This is rare. "Close approaches by objects as large as 2004 MN4 are currently thought to occur at 1000-year intervals, on average." (copied from science.nasa.gov--also the pic below is copyrighted to them)

2029 asteroid.gif

According to this, it could take out a satellite or space station in 2029?

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I have heard it expressed as driving down a freeway as fast as you can go,

And there are crossroads with people driving as fast as they can go,

With no slowing down and no stop signs.

It's only a matter of time until a big one hits.

---

The asteroid that will turn the planet into fire will strike after the 7th trumpet blows and we are caught up to be with Jesus.

It will be a direct hit on Jerusalem.

The events are described in Rev ch 11.

It is the stone that was cut from a mountain without human hands that destroys the statue in Daniel 2.
That one that passed by on Superbowl Sunday would fit that description-- a half-mile across?
But, I'm gonna give this thread a rest unless another one whizzes by-- and end it on a hopeful note:

I keep getting accused of being a doomsday prophet-- But, I was called by the Lord to be a messenger, like all Christians, to "prepare the way of the Lord." That doesn't mean there is a catastrophe around every corner. I see the close fly-by of the mega-asteroid on February 4th, though, as definitely a sign, considering that the "Eagles" football team was playing and won, and the verse from Isaiah 40:31: "
"They will run, and not grow weary." (Isaiah 40:31)
Well, they won, didn't they?
philly eagle.jpg
(***this image is a copyrighted image of the Philidelphia Eagles NFL football team and used only for demonstration purposes, as all these images and songs).

I think it could definitely be seen as a warning shot across the bow; But also as a confirmation that the Lord loves this world very much, and especially for the sake of children, does not want to allow it to be damaged or destroyed, or to hold off as long as possible, events in the Bible, as Peter said in 2Peter3-- to allow people time to turn to God. We are stewards of this beautiful earth, this priceless pearl, emerald--jewel, floating oasis of life in space! When the Angel Gabriel appeared to Elizabeth and Mary, he said he brought "Good News," of the birth of Jesus. His return is the same for those who follow Him, not doom and destruction. But, it will be for those who do evil upon the earth.

It might literally depend on how we as people take care of the world, and as Christians, reach out with the message of peace of the Bible. So, we should keep praying for God's mercy on this world, and ourselves, and keep giving the Lord a reason to save it--

May the Lord our God, Adonai-Elohim, in Jesus name, have mercy on the world! Save humanity, loving God, from ourselves, and the ways of the fallen, un-redeemed world, often intent on self-destruction, and help us to be better stewards of Creation, and of the free-gift of Salvation that can only be found in knowing, receiving spiritually, and following Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God, living His way of peace and loving-kindness, as much as possible, while defending the faithful, peaceful people who will inherit the earth, against the brutal, fallen powers of evil and those who follow them.

Through the prayers of Your people, Lord--the Church--of all true Christians, warriors of Heaven and earth, the Angels and Saints, especially Mary the mother of Jesus, who have secured victory over evil for endless ages...
In the Name of the LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth--
Amen.

"But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31; NLT; biblehub.com).

earth-blue-planet-globe-planet-41953.jpg

Is this better?:

[video=youtube;spIiTT9qkMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spIiTT9qkMs[/video]

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
Because whoever's throwing the asteroids has bad aim.. :rolleyes:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Exciting movie, but not very practical--

[video=youtube;oQJcHLWq7tM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQJcHLWq7tM[/video]

I think you have to put a big rocket motor on the thing to change it's course--
which again, may or may not be possible.
I guess I said I would give this a rest, but-- I'll keep trying...internet addiction maybe?

Last edited: