Why are we waiting ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HomerLes

Nov 25, 2017
I once heard this quote on the show Victoria and Albert when Albert was told by his adviser to wait. "Albert: Just wait?, Adviser: Yes, it is the hardest thing for a man to do."

We found in our journey that it is in the waiting that the self nature gets dealt such a blow for it is impatient and cannot wait. It really is the hardest thing a man can do. God makes us wait so we learn to trust in Him and His lead and not our own. Only when we realize that we are weak and broken vessels will we truly learn to wait on God.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
This is evident: Jesus taught obedience to scribes and Pharisees; told the man cured from leprosy to show himself to the priest and offer the sacrifice Moses commanded; taught His disciples to wash one another's feet; etc.

Here's what Paul said: Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

The reality is found in Christ, He is our Sabbath (our rest).

I didn't choose any day -- for me all days are holy! I don't keep the Sabbath because it is not a commandment for Christians. The Sabbath was a shadow -- the reality is Christ.

Speaking of disobedience, do you happen to wear a veil when you pray? Do brothers and sisters in your congregation salute one another with a holy kiss? Have you already sold your possessions and given the money to the poor?

Even if Sabbath keeping were required of Christians, I don't think it would affect salvation, especially if the person is doing their best to properly interpret Scriptures. Failure to keep the Sabbath is very different from committing adultery, for example. If a person is misled to commit adultery they will fall into the ditch together with all the false teachers.

Again, we (you and I) interpret Scriptures differently. We are both doing our best to serve the Lord and He knows that. Just like you, Beta, I'm seeking salvation and I wouldn't be so stupid as to cheat on God.

Thanks Marcelo for the confab so far but we obviously have a lot of differences...perhaps just misunderstanding.
Just want to clarify one point when saying we should obey Jesus... that is meant from the time of His Ministry and obviously does not include His teaching for/to the Jews that gentiles/christians never were part of.
For the moment I'll leave it there so as not to make matters worse. God bless !

beta

Aug 8, 2016
I once heard this quote on the show Victoria and Albert when Albert was told by his adviser to wait. "Albert: Just wait?, Adviser: Yes, it is the hardest thing for a man to do."

We found in our journey that it is in the waiting that the self nature gets dealt such a blow for it is impatient and cannot wait. It really is the hardest thing a man can do. God makes us wait so we learn to trust in Him and His lead and not our own. Only when we realize that we are weak and broken vessels will we truly learn to wait on God.
A lot of good points here friend. It is indeed hard for man to wait and that is so obvious when people read something God says or promises ...and strait away claim it for themselves....it may have something to do with our short life-span. God says we have 'need of patience'.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
The Lord said this:

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I think your theory is wrong..
Good point, Loveme1. Jesus really told his disciples to teach ALL things that he had commanded. How can we then explain the differences between His teachings before the cross and His teachings (through Paul) after the cross? What's your opinion?

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Good point, Loveme1. Jesus really told his disciples to teach ALL things that he had commanded. How can we then explain the differences between His teachings before the cross and His teachings (through Paul) after the cross? What's your opinion?
Hi Marcelo...seems loveme1 has missed your post....so in the meantime can you tell us what Paul is teaching different from Christ ? are you sure there is not some MISunderstanding ...because Paul says :
'Be you followers of me as I also am of Christ' 1 Cor 11v1. that sounds to me as if Paul was 'in line with Jesus Christ !

Feb 28, 2016
oh how well I can remember from a very young age in church being taught about
the (10) Commandments,
and what they meant to me at that time and as I grew older - did I always obey Them?
of course not, but Jesus implanted them into my heart, even before 'conversion',
else, I would have definitely been a very heart-less individual, without any conscience
or sense of responsibility, and probably in a jail somewhere...

I know where they came from and who put them inside of my heart...
and I will always remember their effect on my life, - looking back, I can see
how they have kept me alive and in awe of My Maker, Jesus Christ our Lord...