why chat does not work for main members.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
Its real simple.

We all come on here as teachers, thus there is no real listening.

Some do but most do not. You can tell by looking at how people respond. Those that listen will try to address the texts that others use. While those who do not listen will ignore the texts and just post up new ones that they think disprove the other.

When everyone is teaching no one is listening.

So why even bother posting?

Because there are many who do come on to learn and they often don't reply or say anything on the public forum. they just read. That is why it pays to continue to address what people put up even though you know they are not listening but think they are there to teach you.

Ps I only know this because of the pm's I get from people who do not talk on the main forums. This is one of the reasons I have in the past made effort to address the very texts that others use. While most others simply ignore them and post new texts.

So for those of you who do this, do yourself a favour and address the texts others use or you will keep putting those who read against you, because they think you can't answer and that is why you don't address the texts. this post is supposed to be a help for those who are doing this. take it or leave it.

Blessings.

Nov 22, 2015
I agree...I too have had PM's that have asked questions and from others that said it has helped them to see Christ Himself in some posts. So it is good to give out the scriptures that we believe reveal Christ and then I think we should just leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.

We all know in part and Paul says that those that think they know something - don't know it as they ought to. It is impossible sometimes to be convinced of things that we have thought all our lives too.

With God - all things are possible and we are really 100% dependent on the Holy Spirit for all revelation knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and His work accomplished for us on the cross and in the resurrection - of which we all share with Him in these.

Sometimes we just end up in a merry-go-round too and although the texts are answered - the other people may not like the answer and thus the merry-go-round continues and therefore we are stuck in a useless loop.

I have determined that once people start insulting others personally - it's time to leave it alone and just ignore the person doing the attacking. It is ok to agree to disagree on some subjects as well. We can trust the Holy Spirit to reveal Christ to all of us and we are all at different stages in understanding. We see through a glass darkly now.

Last edited:
M

Miri

Its real simple.

Some do but most do not. You can tell by looking at how people respond. Those that listen will try to address the texts that others use. While those who do not listen will ignore the texts and just post up new ones that they think disprove the other.

Because there are many who do come on to learn and they often don't reply or say anything on the public forum. they just read. That is why it pays to continue to address what people put up even though you know they are not listening but think they are there to teach you.

Ps I only know this because of the pm's I get from people who do not talk on the main forums. This is one of the reasons I have in the past made effort to address the very texts that others use. While most others simply ignore them and post new texts.

So for those of you who do this, do yourself a favour and address the texts others use or you will keep putting those who read against you, because they think you can't answer and that is why you don't address the texts. this post is supposed to be a help for those who are doing this. take it or leave it.

Blessings.

This sounds like one of Blues attempts to explain the rep system. Lol
Blue over to you.

A

Ariel82

Everyone comes in here for different reasons. If it gets people to pray and read scriptures more, then I believe it is good.

Truthfully I don't read all the posts in a few threads. Just enough to figure out the person's reasoning and thoughts clearly. I may agree or disagree but if we achieve clear communication without bittterness and name calling, I call it a successful conversation.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I do agree with you. I posted on WoF and the Bible. Not only has no-one addressed the OP (or any part of it!) in going on 24 pages, but almost no one has used the Bible, which was the point of my post.

However, although it seems as though I have a lot of firm ideas and I am teaching (can't help being what I am) I do carefully read posts, and respond to what people have said - especially Scriptures.

In fact, I have learned tremendously in this forum, but as I read and study what people have posted, and then dig into the bible and Greek to see if what they are saying is true to God's Word. I've even been known to change what I believe on occasion. But only if the Bible, in context, to say nothing of the Greek and Hebrew, confirms that someone is right, and what I believed was wrong. I have also had what I believe confirmed in amazing ways. Iron sharpens iron!

I do read every post in a thread. But, if I do not, rarely, I am sure to post it. I generally will read the first few pages, then the last few, if a thread has gotten too long, and I have not been on-line for a while. But, I do tell people I missed the middle. I have also seen a few other people say that.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
That might be the motivation for some but not for all. It certainty wasn't mine since but then again why would anyone need me to teach them considering what is written John 14:26, but the only ones that are given the Holy Spirit are the ones who ask their heavenly Father, which is why I regard your opinions.

How does one examine their faith, or prove things unless the they examine them by putting them before others to inquire of, question, test to see if holds up against other scriptures, so if people are suppose to belief whatever they are told then who is telling you what to think?

Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: Lev 19:31

So if you ask someone who believes the same thing you do, any chance that they are going to be wrong?

So if you are wrong that definitely means the Bible is wrong right? So where do people who lose their faith in God go because what they believe was wrong about the LORD, they go from to to fro, and when the wind leads them to fro they find those who tell them that them they were right and the others were wrong.

Last edited:
A

Ariel82

John 14v26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you

*** one of my favorites. I look forward to the day Hebrews 8v11 becomes true for everyone.

Dec 19, 2009
Its real simple.

Blessings.
Yes, I suppose most of us enjoy expressing our opinions more than we do listening to the opinions of those who disagree with us.

I find myself faced with three choices when I disagree with someone. I could insult that person. I could post something that takes so long to read that it gives the other person a headache, if they try to read it. Or I could try to logically and briefly refute the other person’s argument.

If I insult that person, that doesn’t prove my argument and probably creates an enemy. If I write a long response, where a short one would have sufficed, I just irritate people. If I write a logical and brief rebuttal, I’m still in the game, as I see it. I'd choose option three.