Why did God make it hard for most people to believe the bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Consumed

God reveals to whom and when He chooses, if we think salvation has anything to do with us ourselves we are mistaken, we are just a vessel, one sows(His seeds), another waters(His water), God brings the increase(His harvest) - always not us. Gift of salvation comes with the revelation by the Holy Spirit, not just because we gave them the story.

R

rutrow

ill start off by saying im not christian but i am currently looking for answers to things like why am i here and for what purpose, what am i really, does life even have a meaning. i totally agree with this topic. i get so confused, upset, to the point where i get overwhelmed.

E

eternally-gratefull

I don't think God really made scripture hard to understand. Gods message is against the norm. God's message goes against human nature. So it is hard to believe.

What God did is give us a word in which only those who actually come with an open heart and open mind can understand it.

A

AnandaHya

ill start off by saying im not christian but i am currently looking for answers to things like why am i here and for what purpose, what am i really, does life even have a meaning. i totally agree with this topic. i get so confused, upset, to the point where i get overwhelmed.
Dear Lord we find a lost sheep looking for Your pasture.
We ask the you send your angels to surround his life and give him the time and faith to study Your word and allow it to answer all the questions he has about life and lead him into Your loving embrace. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

YouTube - God's love letter

Read God's love letter. May all be blessed who follow the will of Our Heavenly Father.

R

Rheod

God never made the bible confusing man did. it has been translated so many tyimes. also Christianity is a journey. God is fascinated by us to see how we interpret thing he wants us to ask him questiona nd to lean on him and the more you lean the more you go. think of it like a tomatoe plant God is the beam holding us up.

Feb 14, 2011
Why did God make it so hard for most people to believe the bible? Or in other words, why did He make it so hard to prove that any of it really happened?

Most people believe its not much more than a long storybook, and its hard to cite any scientific proof that the stories are true (even though I personally believe they are true).

not hard if we seek, this is the whole purpose,we have to seek.only the seekers will find.

''wakeup''.

Feb 9, 2010
People believe what they want to believe,and when they have their mind set to not believe the Bible they will not believe it.

Jesus said if they do not listen to the words of God and do not want to believe,they will not believe even if one rose from the dead and told them.

When they have that mindset to not believe,and not believe in a God,the natural man does not understand the things of God,they have a reprobate mind,and the flesh will rebel against the word of God,so they cannot ever come to the truth.

A doubtful mind has a chance to come to the truth,but a mind that is set on not believing,nothing wavering,they will never come to the truth.

The only way they will come to the truth,is if something happens that starts causing doubt in their mind,but will God show them after He turns them to a reprobate mind,and an adulteress and evil generation require a sign,and blessed is He that has not seen Jesus and His miracles but still believes.

If they are turned to a reprobate mind,which means God is not working in their life and all they see is the flesh,which in the flesh dwells no good thing,then they will have to come across that doubt by mere chance.

They can come to the truth,but it will be harder than a person who has doubt,but not firmly set on not believing.

That is why the world will eventually go to the beast system,for more people are being turned to a reprobate mind,and will God show them a sign so they will believe,when an adulteress and sinful generation seek a sign,and the Bible says that the last generation before Jesus takes over the earth will be the most sinful generation of all(Proverbs 30:11-14).

Dec 19, 2009
Why did God make it so hard for most people to believe the bible? Or in other words, why did He make it so hard to prove that any of it really happened?

Most people believe its not much more than a long storybook, and its hard to cite any scientific proof that the stories are true (even though I personally believe they are true).
I’ve never had any trouble believing the accounts in the Bible. I believe the Lord is omnipotent and it’s easy to believe those accounts.

U

ucbc777

The truth of everything is, God is right in our hearts. He created us. People who are selfish in choosing their will over God's will is what makes it difficult. God put it in each one of us from birth to know right from wrong. It is when we choose to ignore that "gut feeling" that tells us something is right or wrong, when we choose to turn away from God. People who do not believe in the Holy Bible choose their will instead of letting God's will shine through. I don't know how to explain this better in writing. For example, have you ever done something or maybe just about to do something and you get a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach? What is the result? For me personally, when I ignored that feeling and went ahead and done whatever it was, something bad happened. Hope I didn't confuse you by my story but I believe it all boils down to the Free Will God gave us that we choose over His Will. You can live in a tribe out in ten buck two and not know who Jesus is and still know right from wrong in your heart.

F

francina

Maybe it is not comfortable to face an unbelieving world that makes fun of what we believe. Is that the real issue? I sometimes have to check myself about that. There is evidence galore for the bible. There is eyewitness accounts & they documented it with dates, historical facts of other Kingdoms that were around at the time. There is more facts in the bible & geological evidence that if it were not about sin , righteousness , judgment & God, it would be taught (again, it used to be) in every classroom in America, Canada & Europe. People do not want to believe it.
What you should know, is there is absolutely no proof against it. Only theoretical science is contrary to the bible.