Why Do Charismatics Tend To Be CharisMANIACS?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 6, 2018
Charismatics just love false doctrines. When I was born again I was able to comprehend the Bible for the first time. I had a hunger to study it. But these people won't. They listen to their "apostles" "prophets" instead. Why do they do that if they are born again?

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
"Charismatics just love false doctrines."

That's a blanket statement. Unfair right from the start.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The OP is a logical fallacy called "poisoning the well". The discussion is stilted from the start.

Some threads should just be left to die.

Jan 6, 2018
It is a true statement I made. The difference between Classic Pentecostals and Charismatics is the former stick to the teachings of the original Apostles but the Charismatics go off into weird doctrines.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It is a true statement I made. The difference between Classic Pentecostals and Charismatics is the former stick to the teachings of the original Apostles but the Charismatics go off into weird doctrines.
Your statement is just as prejudiced as a racist epithet. There is no truth to it, and there is no excuse for it.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The OP is a logical fallacy called "poisoning the well". The discussion is stilted from the start.

Some threads should just be left to die.
Your statement is just as prejudiced as a racist epithet. There is no truth to it, and there is no excuse for it.
It does seem that Pentecostals do not closely associate with charismatics.

It is harsh to start a thread with the flavor of this one especially on such an emotional issue. Racist epithet could be a little strong on your part but it does draw a clear line.

As an outsider to the Pentecostal and charismatic movements I am unclear as to the doctrinal differences. I assume there are genuine believers in the Lord in both camps. Unity on the essentials but separation through sectarianism.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
*sneaks in

Well i am Pentecostal charismatic. Nice to meet you

Ps. I never sae Jesus casting stones like that. In fact i have seen all sorts of pentecostal and Charismatic churches
Just like in all denominations there are some closer to the bible, some more traditional.
Demonizing all of us who have a (more or less) tendency or belief towards this denomination is just as unbiblical as you deeming us all as *loving false doctrines*

God bless

D

Depleted

*sneaks in

Ps. I never sae Jesus casting stones like that. In fact i have seen all sorts of pentecostal and Charismatic churches
Just like in all denominations there are some closer to the bible, some more traditional.
Demonizing all of us who have a (more or less) tendency or belief towards this denomination is just as unbiblical as you deeming us all as *loving false doctrines*

God bless
Meh, don't worry about it. In the whole month he's been here he's tried to demonize the Reformers, and now the Charismatic. Apparently, he's in The Church of One, and the Lord is not The One.

Nov 17, 2017
Good Day to you!
Charismatics just love false doctrines. When I was born again I was able to comprehend the Bible for the first time. I had a hunger to study it. But these people won't. They listen to their "apostles" "prophets" instead. Why do they do that if they are born again?
There was a time I felt the same way... we must understand, it is by His grace, we are not in the same or have the same mindset...

Matt 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Pray for these, it is written " ...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Phil 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Phil 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

God Bless!!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Most likely charismaniacs are those who taste the power of God, then ruuuuun with it without tempering it with wisdom from His Word. Sort of like zeal without knowledge.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
*sneaks in

God bless
Jesus was not entirely kind to the Pharisees. He did call them vipers and open sepulchers filled with dead men's bones.

Mt 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.

don't think hypocrites was a term of endearment either.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jan 6, 2018
Where should I start with the "Jesus died spiritually "error or the "little gods " heresy? How about the "positive confession" false teaching? there are just too many to discuss.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Since there are many kinds of Charismatics -- even Catholic Charismatics -- you cannot lump them all together. Many Pentecostals are not too happy about Charismatics either, since the latter do not have consistent doctrines and come from a wide spectrum of denominations. Interestingly enough it was an Episcopal (Anglican) clergyman who started the Charismatic Movement. Catholics call it "Charismatic Renewal" but double down on exalting Mary at the same time. In any event, the focus is always on modern tongues and healing, and sound doctrine is secondary to "experience".

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Not exactly about the OP, but people naturally tend to stress too much what they think makes their faith unique.

---

Charismatics are still talking about tongues, prosperity and demons.

Calvinists are still talking about predestination and election.

KJVO are still talking about the KJV.

Adventists are still talking about Sabbath and Law.

---

Not being balanced is in our fallen nature.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018
*sneaks in

God bless
No, really? You mean that if some Charismatic (Charismatics didn't exist until after WWII) told Jesus that they are just as much an incarnation of God as Jesus, that Jesus would not bash in their skull with a rock? Wow, I didn't know that!

Jan 6, 2018
Since there are many kinds of Charismatics -- even Catholic Charismatics -- you cannot lump them all together. Many Pentecostals are not too happy about Charismatics either, since the latter do not have consistent doctrines and come from a wide spectrum of denominations. Interestingly enough it was an Episcopal (Anglican) clergyman who started the Charismatic Movement. Catholics call it "Charismatic Renewal" but double down on exalting Mary at the same time. In any event, the focus is always on modern tongues and healing, and sound doctrine is secondary to "experience".
I attended a Lutheran charismatic meeting once. They were casting demons out of each other.

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
Where should I start with the "Jesus died spiritually "error or the "little gods " heresy? How about the "positive confession" false teaching?there are just too many to discuss.
Well, you started the thread and made the accusations, so please enlighten. Yes, start with these 3, please.