Why does it feel like God isn't there when I need him the most?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2009
Seriously, I was really freaking out today over one another one my fears that could hopefully never happen. But it was like God wasn't helping me out with me fears. Why is that, I mean I pray to him when things are good(as rarely as that happens), when then things are okay, when things are bad, and when things really bad... I mean he did calm me eventually, but it still took a while...

D

Definition_Christ

I posted this on another thread before but I think it would be okay to post it again. It seems like the same problem the other person was having. So here it is..

Sometimes God just tests us and see where we turn. I guess this analogy works.. Kind of.. It's kind of like at school, when you are taking a test. The teacher is always there.. But He is quiet. We are used to them always being there talking and making us feel comfortable but sometimes we must take tests...

I heard a preacher talk about palm tree's... Here is the verse than lesson.

Psalm 92:12
The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

In a hurricane the palm tree can bend all the way to the point where it looks like it's about to break. But doesn't break. That is how God made them. During the storm it's rough, it's hard. After the storm.. It does not break, actually scientists have proven that after a palm tree has survived through a storm, they actually become STRONGER than what they were before.

God compares the righteous to palm tree's. Because God created palm tree's in that special way He created us. When the devil comes and attacks us.. We can go to the breaking point but God won't let him break us.
--
And remember

Philippians 4
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Whenever you start to battle with your fears, remember that you are not alone. Just talk to God about exactly what you are going through and how you are feeling. Talking is the best thing to do! God will never fail you. He is always faithful.. But remember sometimes we go through these tests. Anyway...

Be strong :) and trust God with all your heart and let your fears go.. I know how hard that is but that is what we have to do!.. God bless you and I pray that God comforts you.

C

Carpe_diem

He is testing your faith and using the circumstance to produce the fruit of patience and temperance...you want an answer when you want it but He's asking you to TRUST HIM. He heard you, now wait on Him and do not doubt...He will prove Himself alive.

Also, are you asking for His help according to His will and way, or yours? Sometimes life feels like it's happening "to" us but the truth is that it's happening "FOR" us!

This too shall pass,
carpe_diem

Jul 29, 2009
I think you are asking too many questions that only you can answer.

Sep 27, 2009
Don’t forget always to be in prayer with the Lord, even as you go about your daily activities.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I want to share this with you, I often in the past wondered where was God and why it took so much time for him to help. I came to realize that it took time for me to have the faith. I would believe in his answer but the go back to doubting. Over time I came to see that faith was the key. This faith is already yours, you just have to act apon it. When unsure, praise God. when you dont know what to do, step forward. God will place your feet and acts where they belong. You simply need to make the choice in faith and act on it. Last night I recieved a word that confermed what I had been seeing and coming to know even more than before. ( An act in faith is faith compleated) Consider this in prayer. My hope is that God will bless you with this as he has blessed myself and all his children. God bless, pickles

B

Buddee

The times He seems like He isn't there?

Those are the times you are too focused on yourself...too focused on your problem... to hear His voice or to see Him at work.

H

Harley_Angel

You know, I was watching Bruce Almighty and they said something that stuck with me. It was along the lines of when we ask God for something, He gives us a situation in which we can obtain what we prayed for. If you are asking for the ability to conquer your anxiety, God isn't going to hand it to you, he's going to give you the OPPURTUNITY to overcome your anxiety. When you ask for patience, He'll give you the oppurtunity to be patient. If you ask for love, He'll give you the oppurtunity to obtain love. When you have an anxiety attack, God is giving you the chance to practice overcoming your fear. It's not something He's just going to take away, God wants us to turn to him for help, but He's not always going to just do it plain and simple. Where is the growth in that? Just like you wouldn't brush your 15 year old's teeth because he asked for it, you would teach your kid to brush his own teeth. God is giving you the chance to grow, to trust in him. When you have an anxiety attack, think of it as a chance to practice overcoming it. God is there with you, He's keeping you safe, He's teaching YOU how to overcome your fear. If he just removed all the fear you've had, what would you learn from that? Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll have food for the rest of his life.

Deep breath, pray, conquer!

Dec 24, 2008
Don't go by "feelings"...............they come and go. People always want to feel something.
The Word of God is The Will of God !!!
God says He will never leave you or forsake you. He is always present.
You don't need the evidence of the five senses........you have God's promise in His Word
He lied or told the truth.
Renew your mind to the promises of God.........God's Word is truth no matter what we feel like.
Romans 8:37 says we are more than conquerors. ............now get out there and kick the adversary's you know what.

K

kyote1

I always like to remember that God will never give us more than we can handle! I figure I must be able to handle a bunch as sometimes it seems that it is too much, but give it a chance . I like Mark's post also! Keep the faith

D

Definition_Christ

2 Timothy 2:15 .......... rightly dividing the word of truth..........................

Galations 3
1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?—
6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.
8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”
9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),
14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,”who is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I really hope that helps you...

J

Jordan9

Hello Brother,

I have felt the same way recently. My grandmother passed last month, and I've been pretty bummed about it ever since. It was hard to worship for a while, still is sometimes. But, my friend's mom loaned me a C S Lewis book called "A Grief Observed." C S Lewis wrote it after his wife died. It's a journal he kept, and he wrote about his doubts in God, etc.

But, over time, he begins to heal and come back to God. It's a beautiful story, and quite short. Give it a read if you can find it.

God bless you brother.

M

MaggieMye

Seriously, I was really freaking out today over one another one my fears that could hopefully never happen. But it was like God wasn't helping me out with me fears. Why is that, I mean I pray to him when things are good(as rarely as that happens), when then things are okay, when things are bad, and when things really bad... I mean he did calm me eventually, but it still took a while...
WE are called to be overcomers. WE are called to resist the enemy. He has already done all that He is going to do. So the question really is, When are YOU going to rise up and use the authority that God has given you...assuming that you have sincerely asked Him into your heart to be your Lord and Savior.
Maggie

N

NoTearsShed

For me it only feels like that when i get him angry, By sinning or doing something he dont like or saying something & not keeping my promise.
Ask forgiveness for God & keep asking till you feel he has forgiven you =)
Sometimes he forgives right away othertimes it takes a while.

He has been there for me when i need him the most & i know he can be there for everyone when they need him the most just sometimes he is angry at us that he dont answer our prayers when we pray for help.

Kakashi

Jan 3, 2007
You know, I was watching Bruce Almighty and they said something that stuck with me. It was along the lines of when we ask God for something, He gives us a situation in which we can obtain what we prayed for. If you are asking for the ability to conquer your anxiety, God isn't going to hand it to you, he's going to give you the OPPURTUNITY to overcome your anxiety. When you ask for patience, He'll give you the oppurtunity to be patient. If you ask for love, He'll give you the oppurtunity to obtain love. When you have an anxiety attack, God is giving you the chance to practice overcoming your fear. It's not something He's just going to take away, God wants us to turn to him for help, but He's not always going to just do it plain and simple. Where is the growth in that? Just like you wouldn't brush your 15 year old's teeth because he asked for it, you would teach your kid to brush his own teeth. God is giving you the chance to grow, to trust in him. When you have an anxiety attack, think of it as a chance to practice overcoming it. God is there with you, He's keeping you safe, He's teaching YOU how to overcome your fear. If he just removed all the fear you've had, what would you learn from that? Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll have food for the rest of his life.

Deep breath, pray, conquer!
Best advice right here. Harley, thank you for reminding me of this essential thing, I had almost forgotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.