Why I am a dispensationalist.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Eph 3: 2 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, ...

dispensation - oikonomia - a plan which involves a set of arrangements. stewardship.

throughout history, God has had different stewards or plans of his word given in different ways to different people.

The church (grace) - the steward of Gods words is the church

Israel (law) - The steward of Gods word and ways is Israel

these are two examples of two divisions of time where Gods plan was two different things. The issue is not salvation, the issue is who is the steward and how is God relating.

Amen, brother, couldn't agree more!

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen, brother, couldn't agree more!
from my studies and talking to people fo all sides, there seem to be two root causes why people hate dispensationalsim

1. Sinful Israel will be restored, (symbolic vs literal prophesy, the church replaces Israel)
2. The belief that dispensationals believe man was saved different ways in different ages (ie, the church is saved by grace, Israel was saved by law) which I know some preach, but is not mainstream.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Why I'm not - dispensationalism makes numerous unfounded assumptions, bends scripture, ignores clearly defined time statements to name a few of its many errors.

Therefore it's a system that needs to be tossed in the garbage.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
from my studies and talking to people fo all sides, there seem to be two root causes why people hate dispensationalsim

1. Sinful Israel will be restored, (symbolic vs literal prophesy, the church replaces Israel)
2. The belief that dispensationals believe man was saved different ways in different ages (ie, the church is saved by grace, Israel was saved by law) which I know some preach, but is not mainstream.
Yeah, that's very true, brother