Why I keep the Sabbath FYI.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 27, 2011
Wisdom From Oswald Chambers
The Bible is a relation of facts, the truth of which must be tested. Life may go on all right for a while, when suddenly a bereavement comes, or some crisis; unrequited love or a new love, a disaster, a business collapse, or a shocking sin, and we turn up our Bibles again and God’s word comes straight home, and we say, “Why, I never saw that there before.”

Sep 4, 2012
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant. Genesis 17:13-14

[the law of Moses commands that] in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. Leviticus 12:3

Was anyone called [after] being circumcised? He must not undo his circumcision. Was anyone called in uncircumcision? He must not become circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. 1 Corinthians 7:18-19

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2011
Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the Lord are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein. Hosea 14:9

Jul 27, 2011
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto awise man, which built his house upon a rock: Matthew 7:24

Oct 21, 2015
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto awise man, which built his house upon a rock: Matthew 7:24
Then Jesus said to his host
When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbours: If you do they might invite you back and so you will be repaid.
But when you give a banquet, invite the poor and the crippled and the lame and the blind and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous
Luke 14:12-14