Why is evolution threatning to christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

charisenexcelcis

It is not Christianity that is threatened but man.
1. It provides an explanation for man's existance apart from God.
2. It makes man the apex of the known universe.
3. It makes man into a clever animal, undermining morality and social order.
4. It makes man responsible to no one but himself.

S

SEARCHIN

It is not Christianity that is threatened but man.
1. It provides an explanation for man's existance apart from God.
2. It makes man the apex of the known universe.
3. It makes man into a clever animal, undermining morality and social order.
4. It makes man responsible to no one but himself.

Your points are very well made! But as christians shouldn't our focus be more on the soul or spirit that God breathed into Adam? Because the eartly vessel of Adam will return to dust or to the earth while the soul or spirit (which is the man made in God's own likeness) will live eternally....I'm not trying to be argumentive I just enjoy the discussion and fellowship, Proverbs27:17!!

C

charisenexcelcis

Your points are very well made! But as christians shouldn't our focus be more on the soul or spirit that God breathed into Adam? Because the eartly vessel of Adam will return to dust or to the earth while the soul or spirit (which is the man made in God's own likeness) will live eternally....I'm not trying to be argumentive I just enjoy the discussion and fellowship, Proverbs27:17!!
I find that there are three tactics which the world often uses to isolate themselves from Christianity.
1. They center on the side issues (such as evolution, etc.) and then stereotype Christians as ignorant.
2. They take the least tolerable subgroup of Christianity (like the guy who goes around staging anti-homosexual rallies at the funerals of soldiers) and then stereotype all Christians as intolerant extremists.
3. They spotlight the fall of prominant leaders and stereotype Christians as hypocritical.

That's why, unfortunately, Christians begin to act in fear.

S

SEARCHIN

I find that there are three tactics which the world often uses to isolate themselves from Christianity.
1. They center on the side issues (such as evolution, etc.) and then stereotype Christians as ignorant.
2. They take the least tolerable subgroup of Christianity (like the guy who goes around staging anti-homosexual rallies at the funerals of soldiers) and then stereotype all Christians as intolerant extremists.
3. They spotlight the fall of prominant leaders and stereotype Christians as hypocritical.

That's why, unfortunately, Christians begin to act in fear.

I agree and I think answers to our questions are there we just have to be patient enough to allow God to show us.

F

forgvn3as1

I wanted to mention something else about the theory of Evolution. If it is thought that people evolved over time from monkeys. Why cant we witness a money evolving into a monkey now days?? Evolution happened a long time ago but then stopped once everything evolved into what we have now? That theory to me makes absolutley no sense. Creation is still being witnessed today, but nothing evolving into something else apart from its original creation.
Evolution is twisted and false :) No way does it threaten Christianity!!!

A

AgeofKnowledge

I wanted to mention something else about the theory of Evolution. If it is thought that people evolved over time from monkeys. Why cant we witness a money evolving into a monkey now days?? Evolution happened a long time ago but then stopped once everything evolved into what we have now? That theory to me makes absolutley no sense. Creation is still being witnessed today, but nothing evolving into something else apart from its original creation.
Evolution is twisted and false :) No way does it threaten Christianity!!!
I have noticed the legions of naive young male atheists on the internet certainly are not evolving.

Jan 19, 2010
Evolution is a Fortress, set up to teach people, that there is no God, there is no reason to life, and that all there is to life is to live and die, and 'be a good person" it's nothing new, as Ecclesiasties says

Science, is a tool nothing more

Evolution stems from a worldview of Philosophical Naturalism
No matter what an evolutionist sees he sees nature and time, because that is his basis for interpreting everything

Picture it as mental glasses with red lenses. Everything he sees is red, it doesn't mean it is red, just that he interprets everthing as being red

If you start out with God's Word as truth, you see everthing as it really is

Even modern Philosophers of Science doubt the ability for a human to be neutral. for more info look up Thomas Kuhn, Karl Popper, and qualitative(?) vs quantitative(empiricists) data collection(I can't remember the term lol)

Worldviews are created by a person presuppositions. Presuppositions are things that we take for granted to be true.

Laws of Logic
Absolute Morality
Uniformity in Nature
Reliability of Senses
Preconditions of intelligibility

If you do an internal critique of worldviews,the Biblical worldview is the only one that will not blow itself up.

FOr example: Absolute Morality in an evolutionary worldview does not fit. Imagine an evolutionist comes home and hugs his daughter. First if we are just chemical mistakes, then why would you hug another chemical mistake. OR. IF we are chemical mistakes why would i be upset if another chemichal mistake killed another. I wouldn't yell at an acid and base reacting.

Also, to say that your Christian and that you can be neutral is in fact saying that the Bible is wrong, because the Bible is clear, you either for God, or your against Him. Jesus said, you are either for Him or against Him, heaven or hell, life or death, sin or righteousness.

If an evolutionist asks you to be neutral, don't because he definitely isn't. He thinks he is neutral, but ask him 'after we are done will you beleive?' he will say no, and so he starts off not being neutral

Pretended Neutrality in Science is very hidden!

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
I think this is what evolution is doing to Christianity...

In an effort to discredit the Bible, atheist Milton Kefawver of Sandusky, OH, put a chimpanzee in front of a typewriter to prove that anyone could write scripture. Though the experiment failed horribly, Bobo the chimp was immediately signed by Zondervan. His future projects include Your Best Banana Now and The Purpose-Driven Tire Swing.

S

SEARCHIN

Evolution is a Fortress, set up to teach people, that there is no God, there is no reason to life, and that all there is to life is to live and die, and 'be a good person" it's nothing new, as Ecclesiasties says

Science, is a tool nothing more

Evolution stems from a worldview of Philosophical Naturalism
No matter what an evolutionist sees he sees nature and time, because that is his basis for interpreting everything

Picture it as mental glasses with red lenses. Everything he sees is red, it doesn't mean it is red, just that he interprets everthing as being red

If you start out with God's Word as truth, you see everthing as it really is

Even modern Philosophers of Science doubt the ability for a human to be neutral. for more info look up Thomas Kuhn, Karl Popper, and qualitative(?) vs quantitative(empiricists) data collection(I can't remember the term lol)

Worldviews are created by a person presuppositions. Presuppositions are things that we take for granted to be true.

Laws of Logic
Absolute Morality
Uniformity in Nature
Reliability of Senses
Preconditions of intelligibility

If you do an internal critique of worldviews,the Biblical worldview is the only one that will not blow itself up.

FOr example: Absolute Morality in an evolutionary worldview does not fit. Imagine an evolutionist comes home and hugs his daughter. First if we are just chemical mistakes, then why would you hug another chemical mistake. OR. IF we are chemical mistakes why would i be upset if another chemichal mistake killed another. I wouldn't yell at an acid and base reacting.

Also, to say that your Christian and that you can be neutral is in fact saying that the Bible is wrong, because the Bible is clear, you either for God, or your against Him. Jesus said, you are either for Him or against Him, heaven or hell, life or death, sin or righteousness.

If an evolutionist asks you to be neutral, don't because he definitely isn't. He thinks he is neutral, but ask him 'after we are done will you beleive?' he will say no, and so he starts off not being neutral

Pretended Neutrality in Science is very hidden!

Well put, and again like I said before I'm not rooting for evolution or the scientific point of view by any means! I posted this thread because I think discussing the "hot topics" of world and christian views amongst other believers is not only helpful to our growth but it also brings up other topics of discussion. I believe it's also better to have these conversations amongst believers to prepare us for the day that this topic may arise outside of a controlled enviroment. Atleast here if there is an error in our belief or thinking we can be put back on the right path, which is why I think christian fellowship is important! Proverbs 27:17! I am also fairly new to this site and may not know the proper edict reguarding this site, but it seems some topics are taken personal or folks take offence to them (not speaking of any directed to me personally) but in other topics and threads I've read. But in my opinion playing the devils advocate sometimes while discussing topics helps prepare us for arguments we may encounter in everyday life. Just a thought!

Feb 9, 2010
When the Bible says that God created man in His image means that God had the plan in His mind to come in the future in flesh and created Adam in that image for God calls things that have not happened as though they already happened.

The Bible says God created man in His image.The New Testament says Adam was made in the image of Christ.The image of God is the image of Christ.God had the plan in His mind to come in the future in flesh before He laid down the foundation of the world and created Adam in that image.

God made man in the image that He would appear in the future in flesh.Let us make man in our image is God the Father and the man Christ Jesus,the human body God manifest all His attributes.

We are body,soul,and spirit.We have spirits in us and all spirits go back to God who gave them no matter how we act on earth.

The flesh is our choice.The spirit is our connection to God.The soul makes the decision between the 2.

Evolution threatens Christianity for it teaches things came about by evolution and not a God created everything.

If God used evolution instead of creating everything outright would not hold up for God can do all things and does not need evolution to bring about things but can create things outright.

God took one of Adam's ribs and made woman,not by evolution but outright.

Why would God use evolution to bring about things when He can create them outright.Why would God use evolution and wait around to enjoy His creation when He can create things outright.

God already has all the knowledge that can be obtained and can understand how things are in their most advanced state and is not like man who learns as they go along to better things.

God can create things outright and does not to do it by evolution.

If people say I believe in God but believe He created things by evolution are denying His intelligence,for God understands all things.If God created a train He would create it with it not being able to be built upon for it would be in it's most advanced state,not like man who understands it more as time goes on.

Matt

Last edited:
D

Dusty55Art

to
LovesChild...If you read over my post again. you will see that there are two stories of evolution. One is the SCIENTIFIC THEORY OF EVOLUTION that science made up. That theory is full of holes and does not fit with the Bible. I do not accept their theory of the evolution of life or the their theory of the evolution of the universe. (How did the gamma ray bursts get 22 billion light years apart in three Billion years? ... They only have a 10 second life so they had to be in that that exact spot when they happened)
However.. There is a Biblical story of evolution from the laws of God recorded throughout the Bible. This is a true story that says that every species evolved from the sea water ACCORDING TO IT"S OWN KIND. That is what we see and that is easy believe. Our little children should be taught this story from the Bible so that they can see which story is real. They would also learn that fancy words does not make anyone smart.

May 25, 2010
Searchin,
We are not spiritual beings as you have stated. The Image of the LORD is that of a man, and HIS likeness is HIS GLORY, which is LIGHT (Ez 1:26-28). But, whereas Adam was created body, soul and Spirit, we who are born after his sin are born dead in the Spirit and in need of being quicken in IT. When we first hear and believe the Word, and accept Jesus as LORD, we are begotten by the Gospel and are given a measure of the Spirit which confirms our salvation. And even though we are to live as one who is born-again, which is one who does no sin, we are not truly born again until we are born of the Spirit at the ressurrection. Jesus became the first begotten of the dead at HIS RESURRECTION, that is, HE was the first to be born again, for HE is the first MAN to be given a GLORIFIED BODY.

The only people threatened by 'evolution' are those who know not the scriptures which so easily disspell the theory, or those who are foolish enough to argue about it. Paul clearly says to avoid oppositions of science falsely called so (1Tim 6:20), because the science of man is flawed and can never know the whole TRUTH (Eccl 3:11). Consider:
man's knowledge of the universe is analogous to person who sees an airplane high in the sky for a brief time, and is trying to determine where it came from, and where it is going to.

D

Dusty55Art

The first time I read the Bible from cover to cover (1972); I noticed that the people of Biblical times talked about the seed as though it was common knowledge. At that time, I had no idea what the seed was. I made it a point that I was going to read the entire translation and not miss one word. I was very careful to mark where I started and where I left off. When I got to all of those "begot’s" in Genesis, I hated to read those scriptures. I could not pronounce these Hebrew names and it did not make any sense to me why they even put it all in the Bible. But the promise to myself still stood strong. I read it all.
After I had finally got through it, it finally dawned on me that these generations of Adam were his seed. I added up all the ages of his grand kids and the answer was 930 years, the age of Adam. It was not as easy as I just made it sound because before the flood they did not give the age the man was when the child was conceived. I took an average age of 49 years and it all came out right. After the flood it gives the age when each child was conceived.
So … Adam lived 930 years through his grandchildren and not in one body. That was a lot easier to believe than one man living to be 930 years old. The understanding of the seed will open up a lot more understanding about Jesus Christ the more you study about it.