Why Jews deny Jesus as son of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 12, 2018
I don't know about the reasons what Jews give to reject Jesus as a whole! Anyone heard what they say?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I don't know about the reasons what Jews give to reject Jesus as a whole! Anyone heard what they say?
By reading the Gospels you will know that the reasons the Jews (first the religious leaders and then the majority of people) rejected Jesus was because He did not meet their concept of the Messiah/King. Furthermore, He exposed all the false teachings and hypocrisy of the scribes, Pharisees, and lawyers, and that did not earn Him any popularity. But the underlying reason why anyone rejects Christ is because they love darkness more than light, and sin more than righteousness.

The Bible tells us why the Jews rejected Christ:

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. (John 1:11)

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. (John 3:19,20)

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Shows that they are just as spiritually blind as any Gentile.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
I don't know their reasons but i know it is written in their own scriptures that they'll reject Him:

Psalm 118:22The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone.

Isaiah 28:16

Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.

Acts 4:
10then let this be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11He is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’

Matt 21:
42Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’?43Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.

Note; Isaiah ans Psalms written thousands of years before Jesus.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
[video=youtube;rfiZsktzccc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfiZsktzccc[/video]
It's gotta be the hats, they know Jesus will tell them, get that ridiculous thing off but they prefer the hats.

Dec 12, 2013
Look......they have been temporarily blinded by God so salvation can come to the Gentiles......one day in the future they will collectively look upon him whom they have pierced and weep for him as one weeps for the loss of a firstborn son.....their eyes will be opened collectively to the Lion of the Tribe of Judah and they will believe!

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
God said he would only save a remnant - and it would be a short work.

Rom 9:27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, “THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED;

Rom 9:28 FOR THE LORD WILL EXECUTE HIS WORD ON THE EARTH, [fn]THOROUGHLY AND QUICKLY.”

Literally: cutting it short

Dec 12, 2013
God said he would only save a remnant - and it would be a short work.

Rom 9:27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, “THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED;

Rom 9:28 FOR THE LORD WILL EXECUTE HIS WORD ON THE EARTH, [fn]THOROUGHLY AND QUICKLY.”

Literally: cutting it short
Sure....what is left after they are whittled down....Zechariah

A

AuntieAnt

Hi OneGodBeliever1 ~ A co-worker who is Messianic Jew (Christian Jew) shared with me that most Jews believe some prophecies haven’t been fulfilled yet and are still waiting for the return of the Messiah. They believe Jesus was mostly a false prophet and therefore don't accept Christian beliefs. Also, they don’t believe in worshipping a person, so that's why they reject the claims that Jesus is the Holy Son of God.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
There were a number of reasons. The Sadducees saw him as a threat to their position. They were benefactors of the Roman occupation and feared reprisals if they allowed him to continue. The Chief Priest said that it was better for one man to die than the whole nation perish. To others he didn't fit their idea of what the Messiah would be like. They expected a conquering King like David. They still are.

The main reason though was that it was in Gods plan. Jesus avoided kingship. Satan offered him the whole world. Some Jews tried to make him King by force. He avoided claiming Messiah-ship, referring to himself as the Son of Man. The kingdom he offered was a spiritual kingdom not the one they expected.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Because they are blind.

Their blindness and foolishness (Spiritually speaking) is more intense than in most of other nations.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2016
They will accept Christ at the second coming after almost being totally destroyed by the Anti-Christ doing the Great Tribulation. Christ rescues them - or all would had died. God will turn a person over to the "spirit of slumber."( Romans 11:8). This applies to a person also who rejects the Cross.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2016
They will accept Christ at the second coming after almost being totally destroyed by the Anti-Christ doing the Great Tribulation. Christ rescues them - or all would have died. God will turn a person over to the "spirit of slumber."(Romans 11:8). This applies to a person also who rejects the Cross.
​Please study this! Romans 11:8

D

Depleted

That's okay. I don't know why you come on here promoting a false god and blaming it all on others' beliefs either.

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
In John 5, Jesus said that He was the Son of God. The Jewish leaders took this to mean that Jesus said that he was equal to God because the Jews were monotheistic believing in one God and God does not have a son. (There is God and angels but no princes which are sons of God because a prince is the son of a king and God and in the future or now if you prefer, Jesus and God are the King of kings.) Jesus goes on to explain when He will be equal to God in the New Jerusalem or if you prefer, Jesus is always equal to God.
The Athanasian Creed was written to defeat Arius who believed Jesus was humanly begotten (he had a beginning) and God is one. You can read the Athanasian Creed to see Athanasius' come back against Arius.
Then there was the matter of following the laws of Moses and circumcism that Paul had to deal with.

K

kaylagrl

Ya,Im with Lynn. Islam doesn't believe the truth about Christ either.So if you are here to bash Jews you're going to find that I for one am not going to put up with it.As the Bible says,take the log out of your own eye first...