Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tmb

Why am I having so much trouble letting him go? I know I need to. It was thirty years of marriage now we are divorced. He acts like he wants us to work. I keep believing him. Wanting to believe him. He says all the right things, but still runs to other woman for their attention. He had gotten away from God. When he was following the Lord all was the best. Now he leads me on. Why do I keep falling for someone who has changed. Changed into someone I don't know anymore. Doing things so out of character. Please help!! Thank you

themusicmiss

Apr 1, 2010
I reallllly shouldn't reply as I have NO expertise advice in relationships and Im in an awkward stage of life HOWEVER, don't blame yourself for loving him...and giving him another chance...come on, thirty years? thats amazing. No one in my University can last 3 weeks let alone thirty years. But I guess its his prerogative to go do that cos its the freedom thing I guess.. I've heard that looking back to the "glory" days of relationships is what helps one get back in touch with the significant other, why dont you try talking to him? If you have kids, maybe explain your feelings to them and they can also kinda let him know..I think its important as he was with you for so long.
I'll be praying..

S

sassylady

You need to see long term changes before you believe him, and it does not sound like he is ready.

My ex and I were married 25 years when I found out he had been molesting our daughters. He and I seemed to be fine, so I don't understand what happened to him, and it has been very hard to let him go. He has never admitted responsibility for any of this and been lying to his family for years. It's the saddest thing short of death I can imagine but he cannot be a part of our lives any longer. The pain lessens as time goes by and with God's help. You need to keep moving on with your life without him but continue to pray for his soul.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Why am I having so much trouble letting him go? I know I need to. It was thirty years of marriage now we are divorced. He acts like he wants us to work. I keep believing him. Wanting to believe him. He says all the right things, but still runs to other woman for their attention. He had gotten away from God. When he was following the Lord all was the best. Now he leads me on. Why do I keep falling for someone who has changed. Changed into someone I don't know anymore. Doing things so out of character. Please help!! Thank you
I don't know your background, and you haven't given specifics of the problems. I don't think it's fair for people to give detailed advice without any information, especially advice about not reconciling.

The Lord commanded through Paul, "Let not the wife depart from her husband. But if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And let not the husband put away his wife."

T

Tmb

He has committed adultery over and over. I took him back over 100 times. I got a divorce and he wants to try and work things out. He is still lying and seeing other women. He keeps telling me he wants me loves me and is done with all the others.mi want to believe him. I want us to work. I don't know why I keep falling for it..

K

kaylagrl

He has committed adultery over and over. I took him back over 100 times. I got a divorce and he wants to try and work things out. He is still lying and seeing other women. He keeps telling me he wants me loves me and is done with all the others.mi want to believe him. I want us to work. I don't know why I keep falling for it..

You keep falling for it because you're in love with what could be and what was.Those good times,the memories over the years.Its hard for the heart to erase all that.Its hard not to hope,especially if you are a woman.My advice tho Im no professional is self care.Find someone to help guide you through and stand firm against his abuse.You have to let it go.You cant find peace and happiness till you do.Be blessed.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Don't waste any more of your precious years on this piece of trash. A man that loves his wife does not cheat on her, even once, let alone countless times. A man that loves his wife does not even think about such things. Unless you truly enjoy being kicked in the teeth I would avoid this man like the plague. He is not even worth the time of day.

J

JesusistheChrist

Hi, Tmb.

What, in your estimation, led to him "getting away from God"?

I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I'm sincerely sorry to hear of your present situation. I hope that it improves.

T

Tmb

Thank you...I need to do that..the day after Christmas I am cutting the yo yo string. I am not a toy to be played with and tricks done on! I have been praying and I keep hearing God over and over telling me to step aside and let him (God) do his work. He keeps telling me he can't while I am in the way. Thank you for the confirmation. Anything else would be appreciated... Thank you again and God bless everyone

T

Tmb

He prayed for something's and said God doesn't answer. Well God did answer his prayers just not the way he wanted. God answers our prayers not how we always think. He answers his way...the best way...Gods way. So he said the heck with it and turned away.

J

JesusistheChrist

He prayed for something's and said God doesn't answer. Well God did answer his prayers just not the way he wanted. God answers our prayers not how we always think. He answers his way...the best way...Gods way. So he said the heck with it and turned away.
Thanks for your reply.

I'll be praying for both of you.

O

OzDavo34

Stay strong sister

praying for you

God bless

A

AbbeyJoy

I'm single but what I can say is he doesn't seem ready for a marriage relationship...and needs help just saying

Dec 22, 2014
Why do you keep falling for him? Hmm... could it be that God is trying to reveal you something? Obviously I can't possibly tell you what it is that God is trying to teach you (only the Holy Spirit can); but I have a feeling from all this, something rather majestic will come out and when our ears hear it, we shall be amazed and praise our Lord; Christ Jesus who lives inside you.

You were told that you are the light of the world... and we both know that it's really not about you, but the "Light" who is far deep, at the center of your very soul: Jesus Christ. So what shall we say of all these moments of chaos and total confusion? Only that they're meant to bring out the miraculous part of you. Every master of storytelling will tell you that "Conflict and "Irony" are the 2 major every story needs in order to succeed: Moments when a gap breaks open between expectations and results.

And so you expect your heart to be 100% over with this man, yet your heart does the exact opposite. You know what happens? We (the audience) lean back in our seats, chew some popcorn, thinking: "Holly cow... now this is going to be interesting. What's she gonna do now? What's she gonna do?" :)

Here's what I would do if I were you. I would let my heart do it again, for the 100th time. :) But this time, I would warn it: "There's a chance that he will disappoint you again. And when he does, don't come crying to me. You'll have been warned."

Try to consider your heart and your mind as your 2 kids inside your home (i.e. your head). And you being the mother, you are responsible to keep the order in the house. So when one kid says "we should watch tv" and the other screams "no! we'll go out to play!" It's mom's responsibility to break the fight.

In this case, the mind is saying "we're not letting him in our home ever again." But the heart is saying "no, we'll let him come home. He said he won't do it again." So what's it gonna be, mom? I think a compromise would be to give him one last chance, and if he does it again, then he's out for good this time. There won't be a 101st time.

That's just an idea... it matters not what you do, but how you feel about it. Whatever it is, make sure you feel you're in control. That's all. And remember, the light in you (i.e. Jesus Christ) will be revealed to the world. This may be one of those moments, but trust me, there will be lots and lots of other opportunities for you to "shine"... moments of conflict and irony.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2014
I can relate to what you are going through here. My husband had an affair in 2012, he quit with her and came back. All was good for awhile, but then I started to get "red flag" warnings. I had told myself that if this ever happened again, I was done. There are too many STD's out there, and staying in that relationship would be unhealthy in more ways than one. Last Friday I found a website in his phone history where married people can hook up for affairs. He had logged on innumerable times. I told him I knew about it yet he still lied about everything, even trying to tell me that it isn't even a site like that, that it's a stupid comedy site. I got on it and checked it out myself...it isn't about comedy!!!!!!
He believes in God but has never accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. He believes that God is ok with him and how he is living his life.
I left him last Friday night. I will be praying for him still, that the walls of his heart are knocked down, and that his eyes and ears are opened to the truth. My husband is deceived. All I can do is step aside and pray for him, just as you have to in your situation. It's not easy, it hurts, very much. But this can also be an opportunity for you and me to grow, and to have a greater testimony about Jesus Christ and what He can do-through us. We can love our husbands, but we don't have to be doormats in doing so.
Pray, just pray!! (Hugs)

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
You need to leave him alone and pray for him, and get others to pray for him as well. When people start doing things out of character, it is usually a good sign that a demon has influence over that person. Make no mistake, demons are real, and they exist.

^i^