Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grey

Why is the Universe so vast? Because I haven't got a clue.

H

Harley_Angel

God needs a huge work place for His projects.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
So we can wonder at his greatness.
God bless, pickles

M

MaggieMye

I think the universe's expanding is God expanding Himself. Not that He IS the universe, but the it is an EXTENTION of Himself...always expanding, always creating, always creating more ...mysteries for us and glory and beauty for Him.

Maggie

I

Israel

The universe is for us as we won't be limited to the earth in spirit bodies.

J

jasonfight7

So we look in awe in God's Great Creation....

W

worldlover

let's ask God when we get to heaven. :)

C

Consumed

even better, God holds the universe in the palm of His hand, from his pinky to his thumb outstretched id hope, and to think He stoops down and looks at earth and focuses in on us with such care and love How big is God????.

K

kujo313

My favorite photo of all time is from the Hubble Telescope. One day, those brainiacs decided to aim it at a small dark spot between some stars and turn that puppy on "high". It took eleven days to get a picture back. Before then, they was saying stuff like "We're gonna see the edge of the universe! The beginning of Time, itself! The farthest objects from the 'Big Bang'!"
When the photo came back, what did they see? Hundreds of more galaxies!

It's like God saying, "Oh yea?!"
We shall see wonders in the Heavens!

C

charisenexcelcis

Reminds me of the hymn:
1. Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature, O thou of God and man the Son, Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown.2. Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands, robed in the blooming garb of spring: Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer who makes the woeful heart to sing.3. Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight, and all the twinkling starry host: Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer than all the angels heaven can boast.4. Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations! Son of God and Son of Man! Glory and honor, praise, adoration, now and forevermore be thine.

S

socperkins

I think God loves to create and that's why he just keeps expanding things. Humans are the same way.

Feb 9, 2010
That can make a person wonder,how the universe can be unending,but if it had an end,you would wonder why can't it keep going because it would seem like there would be something on the other side.

God's Spirit is unending,for the Bible says that the heaven and the heaven and heavens cannot contain God.No matter how high the highest heaven,God is bigger than that.

That can make a person wonder that God can always exist,but if it started with a different being that created God,then who created that being that created God.

It would be the same as the universe having no end because then it would be created beings that have no end.There would be no start to created beings but would keep going backward in created beings with no start of a created being.

While people wonder how can the universe be unending,they would wonder how can the universe have an end.

While people wonder how can God always exist with no beginning,they would have to wonder how can created beings not have a start but keep going backwards in created beings with no start of a created being.

It would seem like it is easier to understand the universe is unending and God has no beginning.

Matt

Feb 9, 2010
The universe has to be vast because God's Spirit is unending.

The Bible says God is in all and through all,and we are in God and we have our movement and being because of Him.

We are inside of God.

H

Harley_Angel

I dunno...probably a lot. I mean, the whole of creation is a little bigger than a birdhouse made out of popcicle sticks. I made a tablecloth that pretty much took up my entire room...so, I mean...how much space would you need for galaxies and the like?

Dec 19, 2009
I dunno...probably a lot. I mean, the whole of creation is a little bigger than a birdhouse made out of popcicle sticks. I made a tablecloth that pretty much took up my entire room...so, I mean...how much space would you need for galaxies and the like?
The question might arise whether or not there is life on other planets.

But each human being is one of the Lord’s projects, yes?

May 21, 2009
Cause God said let there be light and the light is still exspanding everyday!

May 16, 2010
It reminds me of where those bodies are that CHRIST demonstrated off he Mount of Olives and WHY there is a church on every city town and and villiage from Jerusalum to Russia and everywhere in between!