Will Christ set up His literal Kingdom on earth in the future?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There are many Christians who erroneously believe that the second coming of Christ was accomplished in AD 70, and that He has already established His Kingdom on earth. That this idea is completely delusional is proven by the history of the world since that time, as well as the evil which we see happening worldwide daily, and even as we speak. If this is evidence of Christ’s Kingdom, then the one who gets the last laugh is Satan.

There are some other Christians who believe that Christ’s eternal Kingdom is strictly spiritual and invisible, and that is all there is to it. This too has no support in Scripture, since it ignores all the prophecies related to this subject.

The Bible is very clear that the Lord Jesus Christ – the Son of Man – will one day destroy all the kingdoms of this world and establish His own Kingdom on earth, with universal peace, justice and righteousness, and His saints will reign with Him. We see an intimation of this in the prophecy of Daniel, but all the prophets testify that this is to become a reality after His second Coming.

Daniel 2:34,35,44,45

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king... And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Daniel 7:13,14,18,21,22,26,27
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed... But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever... I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom... But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

How should we interpret Daniel in the light of the rest of Scripture?

1. The Ancient of Days is God the Father. and the Son of Man is Christ the Son.

2. The Stone cut out of the mountain is the Stone which the builders reject – Christ the Solid Rock.

3 God sets up His Kingdom with Christ as the King over “the whole earth”, while the saints of the most High also possess this Kingdom.

4. All other kingdoms of the world are destroyed, and all dominions “shall serve and obey Him” (Christ)...
“And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed”.

The above prophecy makes it clear that this will be a real, literal, visible, tangible Kingdom in which Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords, and rules the earth with a “rod of iron”
. Daniel said that “the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure” which means that you can take it to the bank.

While the initial phase of that Kingdom will be the Millennium (1,000 years), it will not end there. After the New Heavens and the New Earth are brought into existence, God will have His eternal Kingdom on earth (and throughout the universe) with Christ as the King. That is because all authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to Him.

A

Ariel82

Jesus Kingdom is already set up in HEAVEN.

eventually this earth and this heaven will be destroyed and there will be no more seas.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017

eventually this earth and this heaven will be destroyed and there will be no more seas.
You need to study this matter before responding, since what you are suggesting is to ignore the Scriptures provided. So why don't you tell us what these prophecies mean?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Nope.......

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Yes a literal kingdom as shown in the verses you posted

Mat 19:27-29, “Then Kĕpha answering, said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. What then shall we have? And יהושע said to them, “Truly I say to you, when the Son of Aḏam sits on the throne of His esteem, you who have followed Me in the rebirth, shall also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Yisra’yl. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My Name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”

Ezekiyl 48:35, "“All around: eighteen thousand cubits. And the name of the city from that day is: יהוה is there!” (In Hebrew: יהוה Shammah)

Revelation 21:3-4, "And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father. And YHWH will wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, nor will there be any more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Hebrews 13:14, "For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come."

Revelation 21:1-4, “And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, (Isa 65:17) for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. (Isa 66:22) And I, Yoḥanan, saw the set-apart city, renewed Yerushalayim, coming down out of the heaven from יהוה, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."21:3, "And I heard a loud voice from the heaven saying, “See, the Booth of יהוה is with men, and He shall dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and יהוה Himself shall be with them and be their Mighty One. shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying. And there shall be no more pain, for the former matters have passed away.”

Revelation 21:9-27, "And one of the seven messengers who held the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and spoke with me, saying, “Come, I shall show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the set-apart Yerushalayim, descending out of the heaven from יהוה, having the esteem of יהוה, and her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal, and having a great and high wall, having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve messengers, and names written on them, which are those of the twelve tribes of the children of Yisra’yl: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve emissaries of the Lamb. And he who spoke with me had a golden measuring rod, to measure the city, and its gates, and its wall. And the city lies four-cornered, and its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the rod: twelve thousand stadiad – the length, and the breadth, and height of it are equal. (Approx. 2216 kilometres or 1377 miles) And he measured its wall: hundred and forty-four forearms, according to the measure of a man, that is, of a messenger. (Approx. 66 metres or 216 feet) And the structure of its wall was jasper. And the city was clean gold, like clear glass. And the foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls – each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was clean gold, like transparent glass. And I saw no Dwelling Place in it, for יהוה Strength Almighty is its Dwelling Place, and the Lamb. And the city had no need of the sun, nor of the moon, to shine in it, for the esteem of יהוה lightened it, and the Lamb is its lamp. And the nations, of those who are saved, shall walk in its light, and the sovereigns of the earth bring their esteem into it. And its gates shall not be shut at all by day, for night shall not be there. And they shall bring the esteem and the appreciation of the nations into it. And there shall by no means enter into it whatever is unclean, neither anyone doing abomination and falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.”

Aug 7, 2016
It's pretty bad that I haven't read much the old testament, but I have seen and look at Daniel sometimes, I think it is cool how some of the imagery of Daniel matches up with some of the Revelation. What I also find interesting about the Revelation is it talks about a time that is to come quickly, not 2000 years away.

No Nehemiah6, I don't believe that there is a literal kingdom that is going to be established, here on earth that comes out of the sky, and Jesus Christ is literally reigning for 1000 years.

There are some that may agree with you, but I don't because of my acceptance of a different form of viewing scripture, because I see the Lord Jesus Christ already coming back it changes the whole dynamic of the Holy Bible, which is amazing for us all to have in our hands!

But there is a spiritual kingdom that has be established, the Kingdom of God that is spiritual, and that never ends, that can never be shaken like I shared about in the Hebrews 12 thread I shared earlier, with everyone, looking unto Jesus Christ as our author and finisher of our faith.

Anyone who has faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is part of the kingdom of God, because of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
He will absolutely set up a literal kingdom which will last for a literal 1000 years. It says in the bible that the government will be on His shoulders. That has yet to happen so it must be a future event. I agree with your complete post. Good job in outlining it in a way that it is understood.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It's pretty bad that I haven't read much the old testament, but I have seen and look at Daniel sometimes, I think it is cool how some of the imagery of Daniel matches up with some of the Revelation. What I also find interesting about the Revelation is it talks about a time that is to come quickly, not 2000 years away.

No Nehemiah6, I don't believe that there is a literal kingdom that is going to be established, here on earth that comes out of the sky, and Jesus Christ is literally reigning for 1000 years.

There are some that may agree with you, but I don't because of my acceptance of a different form of viewing scripture, because I see the Lord Jesus Christ already coming back it changes the whole dynamic of the Holy Bible, which is amazing for us all to have in our hands!

But there is a spiritual kingdom that has be established, the Kingdom of God that is spiritual, and that never ends, that can never be shaken like I shared about in the Hebrews 12 thread I shared earlier, with everyone, looking unto Jesus Christ as our author and finisher of our faith.

Anyone who has faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is part of the kingdom of God, because of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
There is a tremendous amount of prophecy in the OT that tells about future events that have not yet taken place. If all prophecy is figurative and not literal than there is no value in the words as no one would be capable of understanding them. Besides Daniel I highly recommend that you read Isaiah, Ezekiel and Jeremiah. That would be an excellent start in beginning to read the OT which is just as much the Word of God as the NT is. Without being familiar with the OT you are serious hindered in understanding the NT. Even Jesus read the Old Testament.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
There are many Christians who erroneously believe that the second coming of Christ was accomplished in AD 70, and that He has already established His Kingdom on earth. That this idea is completely delusional is proven by the history of the world since that time, as well as the evil which we see happening worldwide daily, and even as we speak. If this is evidence of Christ’s Kingdom, then the one who gets the last laugh is Satan.

There are some other Christians who believe that Christ’s eternal Kingdom is strictly spiritual and invisible, and that is all there is to it. This too has no support in Scripture, since it ignores all the prophecies related to this subject.

The Bible is very clear that the Lord Jesus Christ – the Son of Man – will one day destroy all the kingdoms of this world and establish His own Kingdom on earth, with universal peace, justice and righteousness, and His saints will reign with Him. We see an intimation of this in the prophecy of Daniel, but all the prophets testify that this is to become a reality after His second Coming.

Daniel 2:34,35,44,45

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king... And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Daniel 7:13,14,18,21,22,26,27
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed... But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever... I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom... But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

How should we interpret Daniel in the light of the rest of Scripture?

1. The Ancient of Days is God the Father. and the Son of Man is Christ the Son.

2. The Stone cut out of the mountain is the Stone which the builders reject – Christ the Solid Rock.

3 God sets up His Kingdom with Christ as the King over “the whole earth”, while the saints of the most High also possess this Kingdom.

4. All other kingdoms of the world are destroyed, and all dominions “shall serve and obey Him” (Christ)...
“And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed”.

The above prophecy makes it clear that this will be a real, literal, visible, tangible Kingdom in which Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords, and rules the earth with a “rod of iron”
. Daniel said that “the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure” which means that you can take it to the bank.

While the initial phase of that Kingdom will be the Millennium (1,000 years), it will not end there. After the New Heavens and the New Earth are brought into existence, God will have His eternal Kingdom on earth (and throughout the universe) with Christ as the King. That is because all authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to Him.
I agree that the Lords kingdom on earth will be through the people of the saints who remain here on earth.
Isaiah 60:2-3 describes a time when the people of the earth will be in darkness, without illumination from God, thus requiring them to seek the Lords saints for illumination. This can then only be after the judgment sits and decides to take away the beast's kingdom to consume and destroy it unto the end.

Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

A

Ariel82

You need to study this matter before responding, since what you are suggesting is to ignore the Scriptures provided. So why don't you tell us what these prophecies mean?
no what i suggest doesn't ignore scriptures, just your interpertation of those scriptures.

how do you know I have not studied the matter in depth, perhaps in greater depth than yourself?

why should i tell you what the prophecies mean, when you don't believe I have studied them at all?

A

Ariel82

compare Daniel to these passages and tell me what you come up with....

[h=1]Revelation 21 English Standard Version (ESV)[/h][h=3]The New Heaven and the New Earth[/h][FONT=&quot]21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,[b] and God himself will be with them as their God.[c] 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”6 And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. 7 The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”[/FONT]
[h=3]The New Jerusalem[/h][FONT=&quot]9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,11 having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed— 13 on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 And the one who spoke with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city and its gates and walls. 16 The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its width. And he measured the city with his rod, 12,000 stadia.[d] Its length and width and height are equal. 17 He also measured its wall, 144 cubits[e] by human measurement, which is also an angel's measurement. 18 The wall was built of jasper, while the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every kind of jewel. The first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.[/FONT]

Apr 15, 2017
Christ will rule on earth for 1000 years in the future,and the kingdom on earth restored to the Jews.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus fulfilled the law because He is a sinless man,and is the perfect King,High Priest,Prophet,saint,sacrifice,and whatever else He had to fulfill with the roles people do,and godliness,but He has not fulfilled the role of King on earth yet,for He came as a humble servant.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Jesus will rule on earth for 1000 years and fulfill the role of King on earth fulfilling the law that must be done on earth,and at the end of that period heaven and earth shall pass away,and the saints shall go to the New Jerusalem the place that Jesus went to prepare for the saints,and the former heaven and earth shall not be remembered,nor come to mind,for they are associated with sin and rebellion.

The 1000 years reign is also the time the kingdom on earth is restored to the Jews.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Israel is blinded in part,the majority accept the Old Testament,but not the New,until salvation is no longer available to the Gentiles,and so all Israel shall be saved when God turns them to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah,and saves them when the world attacks them at the battle of Armageddon,and the kingdom restored to them.

Eze 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
Eze 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
Eze 39:23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
Eze 39:24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.
Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

The man of sin will establish peace in the Middle East and it will pave the way for all Jews to go to Israel,and the Jews and the Gentiles will be separated,and when the world accepts the beast kingdom then repentance and salvation are no longer available to the Gentiles,and the fullness of the Gentiles will be come in,and God will turn Israel to the truth.

When God turns them to the truth they shall know the Lord their God from that time forward,and He will never hide His face from them again,which means they will be in the truth from that point forward nothing wavering.

If it was a prophesy from the past Israel would of been in the truth from that time forward,and if they say it is the Babylonian captivity they would of been in the truth from that time forward and would of never rejected Christ.

But we see Israel is still blinded in part,and salvation is still available to the Gentiles,so it could of not been a past prophesy.

The heathen shall know that God was always on Israel's side but hid His face from them temporarily,but restored the kingdom to them for God always brings Israel back to the truth,and Israel as a nation must come to the truth for salvation is of the Jews,and the New Jerusalem is patterned after Israel,and the 12 tribes of Israel,and the 12 apostles of the Lamb are written in the New Jerusalem,and the Old Testament,and New was given to them,and a Gentile when saved becomes a Jew inward,and part of the commonwealth of Israel.

Jer 46:27 But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
Jer 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Israel will be the only operating nation,government,in the millennial reign of Christ.

Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
Luk 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

In the future the nation of Israel will say blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Jesus shall be King over all the earth,and will rule with His saints,and the heathen that God spared at the battle of Armageddon shall have to go up year after year to Jerusalem to worship Jesus.

Jesus will fulfill the role of perfect King on earth,ruling with a rod of iron,and there will be peace on earth for 1000 years,and nobody will recognize and God or religious figure but Jesus.

When Jesus fulfills the role of perfect King on earth,heaven and earth shall pass away,for then the law is fulfilled on earth.

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

There is no way they can put this in the past,or not on earth.

A

Ariel82

FYI, I do believe that Jesus will reign on Earth IN THE FUTURE...just that His reign will be ETERNAL in the NEW HEAVEN and NEW Earth.

how do you recoil those Scriptures with your view of the 1000 years ending, when they say the KINGDOM WILL BE ETERNAL?

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

A

Ariel82

[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]
Galatians 3:16
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The "1000 years" is a symbolic number not meant to be taken literally, it represents the rule on earth through Christ seated in the heavenlies of the 144,000 first fruits of the book of revelation that were being called into the gospel in the 1st century AD:

James 1:1 James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.

Christ entered the kingdom at death and was and is still seated at the right hand of the Father - the kingdom is his glory and this is the time that Israel was redeemed (that is the believing of the 12 tribes):

(Luke 24:21 KJV) But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

The above two people had the same view of the kingdom and the redemption of Israel, that it would consist of a literal kingdom on earth.

Luke 24:25 And He said to them, “O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!

Luke 24:26 Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?”

Luke 24:27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

Mark 10:37 They said to Him, “Grant that we may sit, one on Your right and one on Your left, in Your glory.

It's plain from the statements in Mark that they wanted to rule with Christ in his kingdom, in other words his glory.

Now according to our futurist literal kingdom promoters Christ has been sitting around "up there" waiting for his kingdom/glory to be established rather than accepting that the kingdom does not come with observation or of this world and was established after his death and ascension:

Luke 17:20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

A

Ariel82

Revelation 12
9And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers[SUP]b[/SUP] has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.11And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

Notice: HOW Satan was defeated and tossed out Heaven. He will be defeated and cast out of Earth also.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
"Thy Kingdom come" The Good news of the comming Kingdom of God to earth.
After human misrule causes great tribulation that almost wipes out civilization,

The living Christ is coming as “King of kings and Lord of lords” (Revelation 19:11-21),
to put down the rebellion of warring nations (Revelation 17:14), and establish God’s
world-ruling government over all nations (Daniel 2:44; 7:9, 13-14, 18, 22, 27; Isaiah 9:7).

He went away (to heaven) to be coronated, and to return to Earth (Luke 19:12-27).
He will then be on the Earth—Zechariah 14:3-4, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 (Nahum 1:5)
“We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come;
because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned” (Revelation 11:17)
“The mountains quake at him, and the hills [will] melt…” (Nahum 1:5), (Rev. 16:18)

-The seventh angel sounds-Kingdoms of current world become Christs (Rev 11:15)
Will commit thy government into his hand, established with judgement and jutice.
(Isaiah 22:21) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,
upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom,...(Isaiah 9:7)

Beginning of that rule and world government “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them,
and judgment was given unto them…and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years”
(Revelation 20:4).(Isaiah 11:2-4) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall
separate them one from another,...Matthew 25:32

-A Kingdom appointed to the saints , made rulers over some cities.
the glorified saints of God made perfect,cities will be ruled by spirit beings.

Jesus said: “And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will
I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron…” (Rev 2:26-27).
And again, “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne [on this Earth]”
(Revelation 3:21; Luke 1:32-33). And, “…we shall reign on the earth” (Revelation 5:10).

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;(Luke 22:29)
Some resurrected saints will rule over 10 cities, some over five (Luke 19:12-19)
Saints shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, (Daniel 7:18)
We shall inherit the earth. (Psalms 25:13-22:26, 37:9, 22,29) not flesh and blood.

It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name
of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there. (Ezekiel 48:35)

17At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and
all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem:
neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go
no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city
of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God:
and I will write upon him my new name.

And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt
be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name. (Isaiah 62:2)

-Jerusalem, the future headquarters city of the Earth (Haggai 2:6-8)
-Land Beneath Sea Reclaimed, converted to Jerusalem(Isaiah 60:5, 11:15).
World’s gold and silver reserves under the seas for beautiful decorations there.
-Gods latter house shall be greater than of the former (Haggai 2:9)
-Jerusalem is uniquely describes as being “compact together,” tall 122:3

-Desolate land shall be tilled - will be like the garden of Eden (Ezekiel 36:34-35)
-Build the waste cities-fresh produce-drink there own wine-farming (Amos 9:14)
-Waste cities “filled with flocks of men” being very social(Ezekiel 36:36-37-38)
-Superhighways between major cities (Isaiah 19:23)

-Cities being crime-free , dwell safely-none be made afried (Ezekiel 34:28-Micah 4:4)
-No more Violence, nor wasting, nor destruction (Isaiah 60:18)
-Cities overflow with prosperity (Zechariah 1:17) -Equitable property distribution
- every man shall own his vine and fig tree (Micah 4:4-Lev25) and

-“Joy and gladness-thanksgiving-the voice of melody(Isaiah 51:3)(Jeremiah 33:10-11)
-Where old men and old women dwell -full of boys and girls playing (Zechariah 8:4-5)
-No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up (Isaiah 35:9 )
-There will be Shepherds and local animal husbandry (Jer. 33:12)

-Pure Water—Fertile Deserts where trees grow (Isaiah 35)
-No more hunger-He will raise up a plant of renown (Ezekiel 34:29)
-A new sharp threshing instrument -the mountains made small(Isaiah 41:14-16)
-If any thrist and seek water, the God of Israel will not forsake them. (ver 17-18)

Trees planted and growing-consider and understand that the [Eternal] hath
done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it” . (verse 19-20)

--All will speak the same language, a pure language from God (Zephaniah 3:9).
God will also destroy the idols, Ezekiel 30:13, Micah 5:10-15, Zechariah 13:2

Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst
of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing. (Isaiah 14:7)
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name.
Psalms 66:4 -

Sorry to say you are wrong, because God has spoken it,
and He is not one to go back on His word (Isaiah 55:11)

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016

I gather from your statement that you don't know much about the Bible and God's WORD or you are allegorizing all the scripture?

A

Ariel82

Galatians 4
24Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar. 25Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia;[SUP]e[/SUP] she corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26
But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.

A

Ariel82

I gather from your statement that you don't know much about the Bible and God's WORD or you are allegorizing all the scripture?

no only the sections that God says are allegory. i actually take most of it literally. like there will be a literal NEW heaven and NEW earth and that isn't just figurative language.

also i believe Jesus will LITERALLY come back and destroy this world and cast Satan into the fiery pit.

i have found the mistake most people make on forums is to group anyone that doesn't agree with their thoughts as "them" and assume that "they" all believe the same things.

However its a false assumption. Just because we agree on certain points of theology, doesn't mean we don't have points of disagreement.

this isn't a salvation issue for me.

it comes down to: how does what you believe cause you to live your life NOW?

does it free you to be more like Christ or does it cause fear or pride or laziness?

Last edited by a moderator: