Will Some Christians Go To Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 10, 2013
I dont consider myself christian or religious. I consider myself nothing. I believe God is I am. I am his.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
I should have answered this first. This is rather important. It depends on what you mean by the term Christians. If you mean the righteous, then no, the righteous are never condemned. If you mean people who believe they are christian, and profess it, then obviously Yes because most people who think they are christian are not known by God. If you mean SAVED, then the answer is still yes. Saved, can lose their salvation.

Scripture shows these things clearly.
1. A non believer can blaspheme the holy spirit, the unforgivable sin, by loving wickedness and hating righteousness. This is a direct and hardcore opposition to God and literally denies this lost soul any opportunity to be saved.
2. A newborn in Christ, just having heard the truth and believed it can blaspheme the holy spirit by deliberately sinning after accepting salvation. Again, this is unforgivable sin. It has to be deliberate, not incidental. Scripture is clear.
3. A semi mature christian, having a relationship with God, but not yet mature, can blaspheme the holy spirit by allowing the world to choke off his faith.
4. A mature Christian, and this is me as it is described in Hebrews, One who has been enlightened ectera, can blaspheme the holy spirit by merely falling away.
5. Angels can blaspheme the holy spirit by one act of disobedience. We know Satan and his followers were angels, We know they disobeyed God, and we know they are damned and there is no hope for them.

All of this is scriptural. I quoted the verses for this in other posts in this thread.

If i may assist any of you further please ask
Your servant in Christ
Joseph

You have got the message well Sir. Thanks for directing many to the Truth.

Unfortunately many just reply without reading the message and allowing the HOLY SPIRIT to direct them to what the message is all about.
This message is not talking about the Righteous in CHRIST. The Righteous in CHRIST bear fruits. They are the branches of CHRIST that bear fruits.
The LORD is directly talking to those who are deceiving themselves that they are Christians while they are not. As you rightly said above.
It is not the Will of GOD our HOLY FATHER for anyone should perish. The LORD wants all to repent and be saved.

Mar 10, 2013
Amen brother. How pure your words are and how full of the spirit of our God you must be! I am going to add you to my friends. I believe we may well learn so very much from one another. thank you for serving our God.

Your servant in Christ,
Joseph

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Amen brother. How pure your words are and how full of the spirit of our God you must be! I am going to add you to my friends. I believe we may well learn so very much from one another. thank you for serving our God.

Your servant in Christ,
Joseph
In the NAME OF JESUS, you are lovely welcome my precious brother. GOD'S knows those who are His. Blessed be our Beautiful LORD JESUS forever and ever.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
hades = Greek = grave = G86
sheol = Hebrew = grave = H7585

hell = Greek = geenna = Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] - valley
and [H2011] - Hinnom ); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell. = Does not exist.

Rom. 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Sorry i should have been more clear. The verse you quoted is beautiful and perfect and stands as it is. However, you need to realize it is staying those who are in, Meaning currently. People can be unsaved and lost forever, people can be born again and then defy God, People can have a relationship with Christ and let themselves get choked off from God by the world, and people can even be enlightened and mature and simply fall away. Isnt it obvious even Angels can lose their position by merely disobeying God one time??? That is precisely how Satan and his followers lost their position and then were cast out. You have to get the big picture, meaning know all the word, not just small pieces of it brother. Read the verses i quoted.
If i may assist you further please let me know.

Your servant in Christ
Joseph
If you're right, none of us have any hope. Thankfully, however, you're wrong.

S

SpoonJuly

Here we go again with a salvation is not eternal, salvation can be lost, salvation can be given back, God is not strong enough to keep you, God needs your help in keeping you saved. Round, and round and round we go again.
Those who support such false teaching will never accept the truth. My concern is if they are really saved. I pray they are.
This thread should be ignored. I will.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Is the grave Sheol or Hades?

I can never remember the difference.[/QUOT

Reminds me of the verse hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire, which is the final place of the damned.
Greetings joeyruready,

Sheol is the Hebrew version of Hades in the Greek i.e. they are the same place, which is a temporary place of torment until the end of the millennial kingdom when all of those in Sheol/Hades will be resurrected and will stand before God at the great white throne judgment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strong's Concordance
sheol: underworld (place to which people descend at death)
Original Word: שְׁאוֹל
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: sheol
Phonetic Spelling: (sheh-ole')
Short Definition: Sheol
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
of uncertain derivation
Definition
underworld (place to which people descend at death)

grave, hell, pit
Or shol {sheh-ole'}; from sha'al; Hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), including its accessories and inmates

Strong's Concordance
hadés: Hades, the abode of departed spirits
Original Word: ᾍδης, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: hadés
Phonetic Spelling: (hah'-dace)
Short Definition: Hades
Definition: Hades, the unseen world.

HELPS Word-studies
86 hádēs (from 1 /A "not" and idein/eidō, "see") – properly, the "unseen place," referring to the (invisible) realm in which all the dead reside, i.e. the present dwelling place of all the departed (deceased); Hades.

From a (as negative particle) and eido; properly, unseen, i.e. "Hades" or the place (state) of departed souls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to the event of the rich man and Lazarus, there were two areas in Sheol/Hades which were separated by a great chasm. One area being the place of torment and the other a place of comfort/paradise, which is where all of the OT saints were prior to Christ's resurrection. Since Christ's resurrection when the righteous die their spirits depart and go immediately to be in the presence of the Lord (Philippians 1:22-24). And when the wicked die, their spirit departs and still goes to that place of torment in Sheol/Hades.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I dont consider myself christian or religious. I consider myself nothing. I believe God is I am. I am his.
Well Joey, you can't be "His" unless you are a Christian -- a genuine Christian. As to GOP, he is deliberately calling people who are not really saved "Christians". That is either foolish or deceptive.

Mar 10, 2013
Well Joey, you can't be "His" unless you are a Christian -- a genuine Christian. As to GOP, he is deliberately calling people who are not really saved "Christians". That is either foolish or deceptive.
I am sorry just because you choose a name or a label for me does not mean that is who i am. Actually i consider myself an adopted Jew. After all, the Jews are God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved. They are the natural branches, many cut off because of non belief. I am the unnatural branch grafted in to the vine. It doesnt really matter what we call ourselves, or what we believe in the end, "the only thing that matters is faith expressing itself in love" It doesnt even matter if we know God, however it is crucial that God knows us, because what did he say to the damned? Depart from me, I never knew you.
I prefer not to be called a christian because most people who call themselves by that name are lost or just a disaster. I find more Christ like people in alleys and dark corners of this world than i have found in churches labeled "christian." Just like this site, alot here are saved, Most are lost and deceiving themselves, "do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves do what it says" too many seem to think it is so important to be right in a conversation that they are biting and devouring one another over and over again. Nothing Godly about that at all. Its simple math and practice. LOVE=Obedience. Whatever we do to the least person we do to God so, we only actually love God as much as the person we love,OBEY, the least. PEOPLE just cant add. They cant see. IT requires humility to understand and practice. Love for God is obedience to his commands and the summation of the law is two commands. LOVE the lord your God with all your heart and soul and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. Since Loving God is obedience to his word, the first law JEsus quoted there is only fulfilled by fulfilling the second law. When will people comprehend that it isnt our job to tell people what to believe. It isnt our job to correct them. To point out everything they do wrong. It is our JOB to serve in love. SERVE. What servant tells his master what to do or think or believe? That servant will be beat and cast out. What servant speaks ill of his master to his face or behind his back? The master knows all things and will cast that servant out also. IT is only the servant that is always serving, always obedient, always prepared who is blessed by his master, this is the servant to whom our master will say, "well done good and faithful servant" and will pile blessings and fortune upon that servant because of his loyalty and faithfulness.

IF you only love God as much as the person you OBEY the least??? Just how much are any of you LOVING GOD. THESE ARE FACTS. The one who leads must make himself servant to all. HUSBANDS love your wives as CHRIST loved the church and gave himself up for her as a fragrand offering and sacrifice to GOd. I TELL you the TRUTH, Jesus made himself nothing. HE allowed us to hang him on a cross while we were his enemies. HE died for us as we crucified him. IF you do not accept your guilt in his death you can not be covered by his blood which you shed. AND IF JESUS who was innocent and pure and HOLY and PERFECT made himself NOTHING, how much more indeed should we who are corrupt and sinful and completely guilty and deserving of eternal damnation make ourselves NOTHING OF NOTHING. This is one of my names. You call me what you want to. God calls me UNWORTHY OF UNWORTHY, NOTHING OF NOTHING, when things are named twice in scripture it is because they are the utmost of the thing. Those names fit me indeed perfectly. AS it is written, JESUS CAME to save sinners of whom I am the WORST. CALL me what you will. I AM not CHRISTIAN. I AM HIS. I belong to God. I was bought at a price. I honor God with my body. I worship my God in Spirit and in truth. I sing praises to him all day long. PRAISE YOU GOD MY FATHER YOU ARE MY WITNESS YOU KNOW MY WORDS ARE TRUTH. YOU ARE I AM WHO I AM. I am yours. I would happily BE God's slave or the dirt under his feet because i am not worthy of even being the dirt UNDER YOUR FEET. YET GOd calls me his child. That is another one of my names. I am a child of the living God. WHO ARE YOU?????

Oh I am also your servant.
YOU have a servant, did you know?
ASkl anything of me i will obey you,
That is my job.

EVEN if you are evil and ask me to go a mile with you i will go with you two. HOWEVER if you ask me to sin i will not do that. I do that way too much allready it sickens me. PUT a gun to my head and ask me to be rude. I will not do it. You will have to shoot me. WE are commanded to love even our enemies. MY enemies are all who do satans work. My enemies are evil men with wicked intentions. Satan himself is my enemy. IF SATAN HIMSELF came to me now and asked me to do anything that was not sin, I WOULD OBEY HIM. IF he asked me to do anything that was sin, I would tell him no. SAME FOR ANY PERSON GOOD OR WICKED. IT is a pleasure to obey Godly men and women. Everything they ask is things i am happy and even longing to do. It is a burden to obey the wicked but I do so knowing this is God's way of calling them to repentance.
DONT YOU KNOW it is written, if you love only those who love you what reward will you receive? Dont the tax collecters and sinners do this? I TELL YOU LOVE YOUR enemies. IN doing so you will store up for yourself rewards in heaven, but even more than this, God will bless you richly and abundantly. Everything you do will prosper. Your cup will overflow. Your wealth will be so great that you can not give it away faster than God will pile it onto you. I BELONG to GOD. HE is the alpha and omega, The one who is and who was and who is to come. The almighty. The only name that is above all other names. THE GREAT I AM. JOIN me. OBEY GOD. FOLLOW ME AS i FOLLOW GOD. OBEY ME AS MY WORDs are GOD;s words. LOVE GOD IN SPIRIT AND IN Truth. WALK IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD BY WALKING IN OBEDIENCDE TO ONE ANOTHER. ALL GLORY AND HONOR AND POWER ALWAYS BE TO OUR GOD AND FATHER FROM WHOM ALL GOOD THINGS COME.

Your servant in Christ
JOSEPH,
NOT a christian.

Mar 10, 2013
Just so you know, this is a joke because i love to laugh, I wanted to answer you with just this line.

YES I CAN. lol.

Mar 10, 2013
Oh yea i completely forgot to reply to the second part of what you said. AS TO GOP???

BROTHER when GOP speaks the spirit within me testifies to itself that GOP's words are God's words. I FEEL God's spirit moving in power throu GOP's words and witness and testimony and nearly every single word that flows from his heart out his mouth.

What do i feel when i read your words??? nada. no spirit/no fire, no agreement from God/ Please consider this prayerfully. If i may be of service to you in any way please ask me. IF you consider anything i say to have been wise, research my past posts. All you have to do is type my name into the search. My screen name is the question God told us it comes from three scripture verses about being ready, first to be ready when the master comes, second to be prepared to give a reason for the hope that we have and third being prepared for battle with evil. Joey, are you ready. or, hi my name is joey, ARE YOU ready. I love play on words and to play with words if you read my posts you will see this.. Anyway few people find my posts important. I understand if you dont.

Your servant in Christ
JOEY

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
After reading this message you will know the answer to this question: “Will Some Christians Go To Hell?”

Some Christians after accepting JESUS CHRIST as their LORD and SAVIOR, they do nothing with the Word of GOD. They are laid-back Spiritually; they’re Lukewarm, neither hot nor cold.
Such Christians are called “Lukewarm Christians.” They think of themselves as “normal” Christians. They jeer at some others as “too Spiritual” or fanatical, but they themselves are Spiritually inactive, lethargic and complacent about the things of the Spirit.

Now let us look at what the LORD JESUS said about such people.
The LORD’S disposition towards such Spiritual Lassitude and Ineffectiveness is revealed in Matthew 25:14- 30, John 15:1-3, Revelation 3:15-16 and in many other scriptures.
HE said, “I am the True Vine, and my Father is the Vinedresser. Every branch of Mine that bears no fruit, He takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit (John 15:1-3). I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If a man does not abide in Me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into fire and burned (John 15:5-6).”
And again JESUS said, “I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my Mouth (Revelation 3:15-16).”
This is serious, coming from the Lips of the MASTER (JESUS CHRIST).

A Christian who remains lukewarm would end up going to hell if he/she does not repent.
If you’ve been a Lukewarm Christian, the LORD says, “Be zealous therefore, and repent.” To be zealous means to be afire. It means to let your Spiritual fire burn with unquenchable intensity. The LORD JESUS says, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven (Matthew 5:16).”

Every one of us must take a stand for the GOSPEL and be effective in our Christian walk. Be on fire for the LORD.
Let the things of the Spirit excite you. Get into the flow of the Spirit. Be known as a burning and a shining light. Be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

Thank You HOLY FATHER for Thy WORD today in JESUS’ NAME.
Thank You LORD JESUS, those whom you love, you reprove and chasten.
JESUS IS LORD.

I’d like to add a couple more biblical examples...

In Revelation, in speaking of sexual sin, God says “Come out of her My people, or you also will share in her wrath.” (hell)

Also...

“But if you sin willfully there no longer remains a sacrifice for your sins.”

Or...

”Many are called, but few are chosen.”

(Look up the difference between the Elect and the Very Elect).

Last edited:
P

pottersclay

I should have answered this first. This is rather important. It depends on what you mean by the term Christians. If you mean the righteous, then no, the righteous are never condemned. If you mean people who believe they are christian, and profess it, then obviously Yes because most people who think they are christian are not known by God. If you mean SAVED, then the answer is still yes. Saved, can lose their salvation.

Scripture shows these things clearly.
1. A non believer can blaspheme the holy spirit, the unforgivable sin, by loving wickedness and hating righteousness. This is a direct and hardcore opposition to God and literally denies this lost soul any opportunity to be saved.
2. A newborn in Christ, just having heard the truth and believed it can blaspheme the holy spirit by deliberately sinning after accepting salvation. Again, this is unforgivable sin. It has to be deliberate, not incidental. Scripture is clear.
3. A semi mature christian, having a relationship with God, but not yet mature, can blaspheme the holy spirit by allowing the world to choke off his faith.
4. A mature Christian, and this is me as it is described in Hebrews, One who has been enlightened ectera, can blaspheme the holy spirit by merely falling away.
5. Angels can blaspheme the holy spirit by one act of disobedience. We know Satan and his followers were angels, We know they disobeyed God, and we know they are damned and there is no hope for them.

All of this is scriptural. I quoted the verses for this in other posts in this thread.

If i may assist any of you further please ask
Your servant in Christ
Joseph

How can a non believer blaspheme the holy ghost? Let alone a newborn in christ.

P

pottersclay

Oh yea i completely forgot to reply to the second part of what you said. AS TO GOP???

BROTHER when GOP speaks the spirit within me testifies to itself that GOP's words are God's words. I FEEL God's spirit moving in power throu GOP's words and witness and testimony and nearly every single word that flows from his heart out his mouth.

What do i feel when i read your words??? nada. no spirit/no fire, no agreement from God/ Please consider this prayerfully. If i may be of service to you in any way please ask me. IF you consider anything i say to have been wise, research my past posts. All you have to do is type my name into the search. My screen name is the question God told us it comes from three scripture verses about being ready, first to be ready when the master comes, second to be prepared to give a reason for the hope that we have and third being prepared for battle with evil. Joey, are you ready. or, hi my name is joey, ARE YOU ready. I love play on words and to play with words if you read my posts you will see this.. Anyway few people find my posts important. I understand if you dont.

Your servant in Christ
JOEY

Feelings nothing more than feelings trying to da da ta ta...:rolleyes:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
We're going to be the judges of angels...

Maybe we'll go to hell on fact-finding inquiry

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Hello OneFaith,

In Revelation, in speaking of sexual sin, God says “Come out of her My people, or you also will share in her wrath.” (hell)

Just fyi, the reference to the kings of the earth committing adultery with the woman, is not referring to literal, physical sexual relations but spiritual adultery. An example would be like when Israel was unfaithful to God by worshiping the graven images (idols) of the surrounding nations, they were said to be playing the harlot, committing spiritual adultery against God.

Here in Revelation 17, The kings of the earth committing adultery with the woman, is in symbolic for engaging with her in her her pagan practices and teachings. The scripture goes on to say that "the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated by the wine of her adulteries," which again is referring to the inhabitants of the earth engaging in her pagan beliefs and practices.

Therefore, those whom God has chosen, He is saying to those who have become involved with the practices and teachings of the woman "come out of her my people, so that you will not partake of her plagues."

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Depends on what you class as a christian???

If you are referring to a true christian, someone that practices what they preach and has true faith. None of these will have part in the second resurrection. True Christians will inherit eternal life.

hell means the grave so everyone that dies goes to the grave.

But some that claim to be christians will not be saved. Claiming the name of Jesus is not enough. God is Judge and said:
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. ....
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Not every one that saith, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of the Father which is in heaven.

What we claim, what blood line we have, or what church we belong to does not mean anything when God is the Judge.

Dec 12, 2013
No one who has by faith trusted into the correct message of salvation will lose it and make hell....the verbiage, Greek verb tense, context all teach eternal salvation and life that cannot be lost. A child of God by faith is dealt with as SON OR DAUGHTER and whipped or loses reward for sin or unfaithfulness....not cast away!

Those who teach differently deny context, verb tense and serve a weak false god incapable of keeping HIS PROMISES...

Jesus, MY GOD will never leave me nor forsake me and will finish and complete the good work of faith HE BEGAN IN ME.