Wisdom and Age

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Vladimir_Ukr

May 26, 2010
Here's word of Scripture.
To the man who pleases him, God
gives wisdom, knowledge and
happiness, but to the sinner he gives the
task of gathering and storing up wealth
to hand it over to the one who pleases
God.
Ecclesiastes 2:26

Dec 19, 2009
I believe wisdom is to know how to react to situations, and to do the thing that has the best outcome. IE if your having a problem with someone, you want to use wisdom to resolve it and not react on our emotions.
It would be hard to come up with a better answer than that, I suppose.

Dec 19, 2009
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

How does one know if one lacks in wisdom?
Perhaps one lacks wisdom if they are of the opinion they DON’T lack wisdom.

Dec 19, 2009
There is Wisdom and then there is Knowledge.
Knowledge is what you gain in the process of learning...via a variety of methods.
WISDOM is what you do with that knowledge, using the knowledge in ways that will result in positive outcome.

and STUPIDITY....is having the knowledge and NOT using it.

Maggie
Yes .

Dec 19, 2009
I was once told that wisdom is the abuility to live in faith what one has learned.
That it is not the knowladge, but living the knowladge that is the mesure.
God bless, pickles
I like your avatar, Pickles.

Feb 9, 2010
God said the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.

If somebody is old but has lived in the world and never came to God,then all they have learned is the ways of the world,so how can they be wise if it is the ways of the world.

God said wisdom is not in the number of years we have been on earth.

If somebody is with God then they are wise even if they only lived for God a year and are only 12 years old.

God called Samuel at an early age.

True wisdom comes from God,which even a 12 year old can be wise.
The wisdom of the world is foolishness to God,so somebody that is 80 years old but never came to God,would not be wise for it is the wisdom of the world which is foolishness with God.

Matt

C

charisenexcelcis

What is “relational”?

It seems to me that when I sin, life becomes unpleasant. Is that informational or relational?
Definitely relational. Information is black and white. So suppose that I know that you have a fear of water. That is just information. On the other hand, if I have wisdom I may be able to help you. That is relational. It may be based upon knowledge (information), but wisdom is always worked out in relationship to God and/or others.

Last edited:
S

socperkins

Job 32:1-10 [ESV] - So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. Then Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, burned with anger. He burned with anger at Job because he justified himself rather than God. He burned with anger also at Job's three friends because they had found no answer, although they had declared Job to be in the wrong. Now Elihu had waited to speak to Job because they were older than he. And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, he burned with anger.

And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said: "I am young in years, and you are aged; therefore I was timid and afraid to declare my opinion to you. I said, 'Let days speak, and many years teach wisdom.' But it is the spirit in man, the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand. It is not the old who are wise, nor the aged who understand what is right. Therefore I say, 'Listen to me; let me also declare my opinion.'

L

Lifelike

Is wisdom something we automatically acquire with age, or is wisdom something we earn by walking with the Lord? Or neither?
"out of the mouths of babes" when i became a christian I went from knowing nothing about Christianity to preaching the gospel by the holy spirit at age 19 and speaking things id never heard before (overnight)- i was teaching my self or should i say god was teaching everyone in the room including me! I found that there really is a resevoir, of all knowledge and wisdom that is in Christ and that we as christians have access to it. I have had a connection to this resevoir my whole christian walk - 14 years - and i have become a lot wiser over time, and have a lot stronger foundation and character now. So in that i would say that even as a babe in christ we have access to all wisdom and understanding, whatever is needed at the time, but through experiencing God and His word over time we come to a place of maturity and become wiser ourselves. Its like ive had a spring (of living water - word) flowing out of my inner man and that it has changed the vessel even (me) on its way out and has refreshed others also. Pretty cool huh. Different people's gifts operate differently but we all have access to the knowledge of God in Christ, we just express it differently :D

R

Redeemed79

Wisdom is acquired from the Lord and from those in the Lord. There is world wise, street wise etc but God would like us to be spiritually wise and that comes from God alone.

When you are spiritually wise, naturally wise follows suit.

I know what i mean, having trouble figuring out how to word right abd thinking it got something to do with that its 5am :)

C

charisenexcelcis

Wisdom is acquired from the Lord and from those in the Lord. There is world wise, street wise etc but God would like us to be spiritually wise and that comes from God alone.

When you are spiritually wise, naturally wise follows suit.

I know what i mean, having trouble figuring out how to word right abd thinking it got something to do with that its 5am :)
I think you said it very well.