Without LOVE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2009
ok, now i was wondering..... what is YOUR thougts on this. I will tell you my thoughts. If you go to a country and do missions and reach out to others and love on them. People get saved. Healings occure..... but when u get home, you don't show the same love to your family. So what does all of the mission work profit? .......................... I believe it profits nothing..... because without love, it is meaningless. so................. if you are showing love to others but not to your family, I think it might be just a need to feel important or be seen.
ERIN (StringsOfWorship)

S

sweetie36

I havent gone to any other Country's, but I have never heard of people doing that.
I know its not right when People do that. I am guessing that you either know some one that has or had done that or you heard about someone doing that.

May 30, 2009
ok, now i was wondering..... what is YOUR thougts on this. I will tell you my thoughts. If you go to a country and do missions and reach out to others and love on them. People get saved. Healings occure..... but when u get home, you don't show the same love to your family. So what does all of the mission work profit? .......................... I believe it profits nothing..... because without love, it is meaningless. so................. if you are showing love to others but not to your family, I think it might be just a need to feel important or be seen.
ERIN (StringsOfWorship)
God is not interested in what you can do for Him. Its who are in Him. Many will do lots of works in His name and never make it. Its Knowing and understanding God. The Work of God is to believe Him and the one Who He sent. John 6:29

Jan 31, 2009
well One of the things I have learned in life is to not judge anyone unless we have heard all the evidence, we Don't know the whole story, just your side of it and most stories do have two sides, if people are invovled, If one can show love in another country, then they shouldn't having problems, loving their family, But thr Bible does say If a man is angry without a cause. so I don't know the whole story. They may have good cause to appear to love strangers more than their own family.

M

mcap

I am not sure why someone would do this,they must have under-lying reasons why.I can tell you I am filling out a volunteer application now to help in Ghana.I care very much about these people I have never met,and I also love my family.There are two sides to every story.

C

cornflakes

May be if its someone you know and you are sure that it is true you need to help them understand what is love.We are all work in progress nobody is perfect except God.I would suggest you help by praying for them to see their weaknessess and then then talk to them.

Mar 11, 2009
ERIN (StringsOfWorship)
Peace be to you
Hi it is important to communicate with the person involved so they know what they are doing.Make sure this is in private(unless you fear them,Then take a friend)Let what you said set with the person for awail, Pray to God for help.

If you where offending someone,wouldnt you want to know?If they still dissagree with you ask one of his church elders what he thinks.

Love a friend in God

Btw you question is a bible verse;)

A

agk

The subject line says it all.... who is going away and doing good work and not coming home and showing you love? And Why?
I know people who have gone on missions both for the right and wrong reasons. Sometimes you go because it is your call, sometimes you go because you feel obligated and sadly sometimes you go because you don't want to be where you are.

Can someone show love to people they don't know and not to those they do, yes and for many many reasons.
For some of us, due to an infinate number of reasons can give what seems our whole being to someone we don't know and yet to those who love us and support us and give to us, we just cant seem to do it.

Sometimes it is about appearing vulnerable or weak and sometimes it is about never having learned how to really interact with others on a intimate day-to-day basis.

I bet whomever you are speaking of, even if it is yourself, just doesn't have the intrapersonal skill set to show how much they care.

The good news is, anyone willing to go on a mission anywhere is probably willing to do the work at home too.

Status
Not open for further replies.