Woman denies stealing police car on camera--police show restraint, court shows mercy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
It's purpose is not to deter crime. It's purpose is to fit the punishment with the crime. And, it certainly insures that that individual will not do it again. It works very well.

Quantrill
It doesn't insure that they are innocent does it-- and that they won't hurt others in prison, or those for lessor crimes when they get out, which is one of the arguments driving modern bi-partisan justice reform: It is not sustainable or affordable at the current rate of incarceration, and it almost guarantees that those who were not criminally minded before, will be now, or in the future, and if they were not dangerous before, they now will be a danger to society.

The current system of justice in America discriminates racially, socially, and by gender, makes society more dangerous, and increases crime, and amounts to a violation of the 8th and 14th amendments, and also increases the welfare-state mentality by creating institutionalized dependency. I know that President Trump favors the death penalty, and I favor his economic recovery, and hard-work over a welfare state.

I'm not "pro-criminal," or "anti-police," or "pro-republican," or "pro-democrat," I have relatives who are, or have been police officers and honored soldiers. And I am not aware of having committed any offenses worthy of the government attention that I apparently have these days. I'm just anti-cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the law, and anti-discrimination, which is against the law, and "pro-Jesus!" He said, "I have not come to condemn the world, but to save it."

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Your opinion is interesting since God says otherwise. Look to the Penal law set up by God for Israel. Capital punishment by the state is also endorsed within the New Testament.
I respect your opinion, since you have the power of the law here! but, do police officers or soldiers pre-meditate using deadly force? Or do they just carry it out only when necessary in an active situation--

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
It doesn't insure that they are innocent does it-- and that they won't hurt others in prison, or those for lessor crimes when they get out, which is one of the arguments driving modern bi-partisan justice reform: It is not sustainable or affordable at the current rate of incarceration, and it almost guarantees that those who were not criminally minded before, will be now, or in the future, and if they were not dangerous before, they now will be a danger to society.

The current system of justice in America discriminates racially, socially, and by gender, makes society more dangerous, and increases crime, and amounts to a violation of the 8th and 14th amendments, and also increases the welfare-state mentality by creating institutionalized dependency. I know that President Trump favors the death penalty, and I favor his economic recovery, and hard-work over a welfare state.

I'm not "pro-criminal," or "anti-police," or "pro-republican," or "pro-democrat," I have relatives who are, or have been police officers and honored soldiers. And I am not aware of having committed any offenses worthy of the government attention that I apparently have these days. I'm just anti-cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the law, and anti-discrimination, which is against the law, and "pro-Jesus!" He said, "I have not come to condemn the world, but to save it."
It's hard to hurt others in prison when you're dead. If they have been convicted of a crime punishable by death, then they die. There are plenty of things wrong with our prison system. Capital punishment is not one of them, except in those states where it is not allowed.

There is not a lot of racial discrimination in our justice system. The large percentage of minorities in the prison system is due to them being more criminal a people. Their race is more prone to criminal acts.

If you're against cruel and unusual punishment and prison reform you, should get on a bandwagon for segregation by race in prison. For it is cruel to have a few white people in prison at the mercy of vast amounts of minorities. If you say that is against the 14th amendment, just remember, you already have segregation in prison. It occurs naturally. Because it is natural. It is all about race there.

Just because we are Christian, doesn't mean we allow criminals to go free or not punish them accordingly.

Quantrill

U

UnderGrace

Amen! Even in the old testament-- Jesus quoted that too which gives it incredible power and authority.

sometimes judges want to show mercy, or more severity, but are limited by the law.
Hosea 6:6 is not a blanket statement to be applied to the world.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I've ran as much as 110mph. Never 145. Though I know someone that decided to see how far into the red they could take their new Triumph TR7 and they far exceeded 145. Telephone poles are a blur at that speed.
I like the close of the video. The one officer asks after she's re-captured if someone has a cage because she's wiry. :giggle:
She fared better stepping her way out of those cuffs while in the car than did a male MMA fighter. The arresting officer grabbed the young man, who was standing cuffed outside the car and in good humor said something to the effect he can bring his cuffs to the front. Then he proceeded to bend, and back step over the cuff chain. He was caught between the chain when the officer became enraged at his effort, picked him up and slammed him on his head.
This boy was an upcoming MMA fighter and was paralyzed from the neck down instantly.
The cop never suffered disciplinary action. Because his "superiors" claimed he was stopping a potential escape. Right. Surrounded by cops and cuffed for a minor offense, a young man that would likely get bail immediately thinks he needs to escape. While surrounded by police.
That's not optimism. That's delusion.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
It's hard to hurt others in prison when you're dead. If they have been convicted of a crime punishable by death, then they die. There are plenty of things wrong with our prison system. Capital punishment is not one of them, except in those states where it is not allowed.

There is not a lot of racial discrimination in our justice system. The large percentage of minorities in the prison system is due to them being more criminal a people. Their race is more prone to criminal acts.

If you're against cruel and unusual punishment and prison reform you, should get on a bandwagon for segregation by race in prison. For it is cruel to have a few white people in prison at the mercy of vast amounts of minorities. If you say that is against the 14th amendment, just remember, you already have segregation in prison. It occurs naturally. Because it is natural. It is all about race there.

Just because we are Christian, doesn't mean we allow criminals to go free or not punish them accordingly.

Quantrill
I heard a teaching today on Christian radio. They were discussing that just because something is legal, does not mean that it is ethical. In NAZI Germany, for instance, it was legal to murder a class of people who, as you are implying, were not "equal" to a demonic, supremist concept of "superiority," and therefore were considered to be a "race [that is] more prone to criminal acts," as you described.
Who was the race more prone to criminal acts under that cult regime?
It's the same as the Islamist cult regime mentality (not the peaceful Muslims) who say, like the Nazi regime, that those who are "inferior," in their eyes should be "legally" put to death. On the radio show, they said that was the argument that the Nazi officers used in their defense after the war:
"Nothing they did was against the laws then."
When the powers of evil take over, it is truly frightening how they can "assimilate," people to believe and carry out their evil intentions, and spiral down to regions of Hell, devoid of any divine Light.

It's the same idolatry legalism that Jesus and John the Baptist referred to as coming from "vipers," who only know how to do one thing: strike at anything that moves, which they consider to be a threat, and is not one of the fellow vipers, therefore they must be inferior deserving of death. This is the same mentality that the cult religious leaders used to accuse Jesus of breaking their religious "laws," like healing people on the weekend, and therefore, He must be inferior because He didn't follow their corrupt theology, which actually distorted the Laws from God, and so was deserving of death.

The problem with the death penalty, even though there are those who appear to be, and may be, beyond redemption, like in the movie, "An Eye For An Eye," with Sally Field, it is impossible to apply a blanket policy for those who still have their humanity, and for those who seem sociopathic or psychopathic. Another movie about the death penalty was "Dead Man Walking," with Sean Penn, and Susan Sarandan I think, who was cast as a Nun.
I agree with President Trump that those who target police officers should get the death penalty, for instance. The problem is that it is impossible in modern society to ensure that the innocent are not put to death, due to the technologies available to manipulate reality. God knows who has, or has not done what-- and He "knows those who are His," as Paul said.
Therefore, it is better to leave decisions over life and death to divine justice, not flawed state/human justice.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I've ran as much as 110mph. Never 145. Though I know someone that decided to see how far into the red they could take their new Triumph TR7 and they far exceeded 145. Telephone poles are a blur at that speed.
I like the close of the video. The one officer asks after she's re-captured if someone has a cage because she's wiry. :giggle:
She fared better stepping her way out of those cuffs while in the car than did a male MMA fighter. The arresting officer grabbed the young man, who was standing cuffed outside the car and in good humor said something to the effect he can bring his cuffs to the front. Then he proceeded to bend, and back step over the cuff chain. He was caught between the chain when the officer became enraged at his effort, picked him up and slammed him on his head.
This boy was an upcoming MMA fighter and was paralyzed from the neck down instantly.
The cop never suffered disciplinary action. Because his "superiors" claimed he was stopping a potential escape. Right. Surrounded by cops and cuffed for a minor offense, a young man that would likely get bail immediately thinks he needs to escape. While surrounded by police.
That's not optimism. That's delusion.
that's very tragic to hear about. Someone should follow up on that.
That's a violation of trust in civil authority, and the officer clearly broke the law in a most grievous way, and should be removed from duty. do you have a link to the story?
and MPH = Miles Per Hour;
KPH = Kilometers Per Hour, which is used in Canada and England and maybe Australia and other countries? I think America is one of the last remaining countries to use the mile system. But, 145 Miles Per Hour would be equal to 233 Kilometers Per Hour;
145 is really moving.
the lady in the video was going 90 I think-- 90 Miles Per HOur, which is still pretty fast for the city.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
[
I heard a teaching today on Christian radio. They were discussing that just because something is legal, does not mean that it is ethical. In NAZI Germany, for instance, it was legal to murder a class of people who, as you are implying, were not "equal" to a demonic, supremist concept of "superiority," and therefore were considered to be a "race [that is] more prone to criminal acts," as you described.
Who was the race more prone to criminal acts under that cult regime?
It's the same as the Islamist cult regime mentality (not the peaceful Muslims) who say, like the Nazi regime, that those who are "inferior," in their eyes should be "legally" put to death. On the radio show, they said that was the argument that the Nazi officers used in their defense after the war:
"Nothing they did was against the laws then."
When the powers of evil take over, it is truly frightening how they can "assimilate," people to believe and carry out their evil intentions, and spiral down to regions of Hell, devoid of any divine Light.

It's the same idolatry legalism that Jesus and John the Baptist referred to as coming from "vipers," who only know how to do one thing: strike at anything that moves, which they consider to be a threat, and is not one of the fellow vipers, therefore they must be inferior deserving of death. This is the same mentality that the cult religious leaders used to accuse Jesus of breaking their religious "laws," like healing people on the weekend, and therefore, He must be inferior because He didn't follow their corrupt theology, which actually distorted the Laws from God, and so was deserving of death.

The problem with the death penalty, even though there are those who appear to be, and may be, beyond redemption, like in the movie, "An Eye For An Eye," with Sally Field, it is impossible to apply a blanket policy for those who still have their humanity, and for those who seem sociopathic or psychopathic. Another movie about the death penalty was "Dead Man Walking," with Sean Penn, and Susan Sarandan I think, who was cast as a Nun.
I agree with President Trump that those who target police officers should get the death penalty, for instance. The problem is that it is impossible in modern society to ensure that the innocent are not put to death, due to the technologies available to manipulate reality. God knows who has, or has not done what-- and He "knows those who are His," as Paul said.
Therefore, it is better to leave decisions over life and death to divine justice, not flawed state/human justice.
With that line of thinking we shouldn't have any laws to enforce. God knows. Leave it to Him. That is the way it was prior to the flood. No human governments with laws. Wickedness multiplied.

You say we should leave it to God. God however has given it to us. See (Gen. 9:6) "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man." Now what do you do? You want to believe Trump about policeman who are killed should get the death penalty. But God says 'whosoever sheddeth man's blood'?

Governments are from God. He establishes them. He gave man the responsibility to govern with laws and punishments. Therefore you do your part in the exercise of those laws. And part of that is putting people to death.

If you want to throw it back in God's lap, He just says no. He gave you the responsibility. If you're not willing to do it then you pay the price. You can house and feed them or let them go later upon society. But don't try and give it back to God when He has given it to you.

Quantrill

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
[

With that line of thinking we shouldn't have any laws to enforce. God knows. Leave it to Him. That is the way it was prior to the flood. No human governments with laws. Wickedness multiplied.

You say we should leave it to God. God however has given it to us. See (Gen. 9:6) "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man." Now what do you do? You want to believe Trump about policeman who are killed should get the death penalty. But God says 'whosoever sheddeth man's blood'?

Governments are from God. He establishes them. He gave man the responsibility to govern with laws and punishments. Therefore you do your part in the exercise of those laws. And part of that is putting people to death.

If you want to throw it back in God's lap, He just says no. He gave you the responsibility. If you're not willing to do it then you pay the price. You can house and feed them or let them go later upon society. But don't try and give it back to God when He has given it to you.

Quantrill
That's not what I was saying, "leave it to God" You are right, it says in Psalm 115:16 (ESV)
"The heavens belong to the LORD, but he has given the earth to all humanity."
Police officers and soldiers and others are authorized to used deadly force in the line of duty. That's just the way it is in this world. And the Lord confirmed that by endorsing state (national) authority by honoring a few Roman Centurions, who were respected by the Jewish people.
Jesus was descended from King David, a great warrior in history and King, who also wrote many Psalms. But, God also told him that his son must build the temple because he had "shed too much blood," as a warrior/king. And one of the most human leaders in the Bible, closer to God than many who wrote many Psalms, but he was somehow deceived into sending one of his commanders to the front lines to be killed so as to steal his wife. It would be difficult in the modern military.

But, the prophet Nathan's intervention helped him write Psalm 51--
"Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Savior, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness." (Psalm 51:14; NIV). Jesus took it one step further by saying that anyone who had hatred/vengeance of their own for their enemies, was guilty of "murder of the heart," except that the bloodshed is not visible, yet still punishable by death.

No soldier, who are authorized by a legitimate authority, should ever feel like they are beyond redemption after a king did that.
But a government will ordinarily not openly pre-meditate targeting individual enemies, except that they kind of did in the case of Iraq's Hussein. Like I said, the problem with the death penalty, is that it allows enough time to manipulate justice, where, say, gangsters might want to target an enemy by putting a murder weapon in their car, and so on.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
That's not what I was saying, "leave it to God" You are right, it says in Psalm 115:16 (ESV)
"The heavens belong to the LORD, but he has given the earth to all humanity."
Police officers and soldiers and others are authorized to used deadly force in the line of duty. That's just the way it is in this world. And the Lord confirmed that by endorsing state (national) authority by honoring a few Roman Centurions, who were respected by the Jewish people.
Jesus was descended from King David, a great warrior in history and King, who also wrote many Psalms. But, God also told him that his son must build the temple because he had "shed too much blood," as a warrior/king. And one of the most human leaders in the Bible, closer to God than many who wrote many Psalms, but he was somehow deceived into sending one of his commanders to the front lines to be killed so as to steal his wife. It would be difficult in the modern military.

But, the prophet Nathan's intervention helped him write Psalm 51--
"Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Savior, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness." (Psalm 51:14; NIV). Jesus took it one step further by saying that anyone who had hatred/vengeance of their own for their enemies, was guilty of "murder of the heart," except that the bloodshed is not visible, yet still punishable by death.

No soldier, who are authorized by a legitimate authority, should ever feel like they are beyond redemption after a king did that.
But a government will ordinarily not openly pre-meditate targeting individual enemies, except that they kind of did in the case of Iraq's Hussein. Like I said, the problem with the death penalty, is that it allows enough time to manipulate justice, where, say, gangsters might want to target an enemy by putting a murder weapon in their car, and so on.
All laws can be manipulated. You don't do away with the laws because of that. The only problem with the death penalty is when people don't use it.

Quantrill

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
All laws can be manipulated. You don't do away with the laws because of that. The only problem with the death penalty is when people don't use it.

Quantrill
At least we can agree on that, that laws, or at least the "rule of law," cannot be done away with. God gave the Ten Commandments. Jesus said He came to fulfill the law, at that time He may have been referring mainly to the religious law. Therefore, God has authorized the reform of the law in modern society, not replacement of it, especially in light of abuses of the law and rampant corruption. But, the law is a good thing, and the courts when they work well. I'm having to use the court to prevent the abuse of a vulnerable adult. The law is similar to the Bible with some legal terms that line up with it, and, it is quoted in a similar way as the Bible. But, Paul said that the law of God's grace is higher than legal justification, and that when Christians are led by the Spirit of God, and know Jesus, they will obey the Bible, and the law voluntarily.
But, I think I understand the point you are trying to make, that the "state" is authorized to used deadly force, but only as necessary to keep the peace and protect the vulnerable, until peaceful people "inherit the earth."

And this discussion all started with a girl stealing a police car for a "joy-ride" home. It's probably safe to say, she broke the law.