Ye shall know them by their fruits

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MarkWilliams

Jun 13, 2018
I am asking you to consider that some things happen that are not God's Will.

Example: God's Will for Adam and Eve in the garden was that they not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil (Gen 2:17).

God having planned for the redemption of mankind because He knew Adam and Eve would eat of the tree is not the same thing as God's Will was that Adam and Eve eat of the tree.

Clearly, God's Will was do not eat (Gen 2:17).

Because God knew Adam and Eve would eat, He provided what was needed in order to redeem mankind from Adam/Eve's foolishness.

God allowing something to happen is not the same as everything that happens is the Will of God.

When my kids were growing up, my will was that they make their beds before they went to school. That didn't always happen and sometimes they made their beds when they got home (or sometimes they didn't make their beds at all that day). Just because I allowed their beds to remain unmade does not mean it was my will.

So you cannot comprehend that God's Will is that all men be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth and instead you claim that we cannot take His Word "in the literal sense".

Then turn around and tell me "we should just take God at His Word and accept it as it is even when we can't comprehend it". :rolleyes:
The Bible overwhelmingly supports the view that God causes everything that happens to happen. There are more scriptures saying this than there are saying that God created everything then let it unravel as it pleases.

I don't think we can say that God is sovereign over all things then say that He allows other things to be out of His control. I know it's very hard to accept the Calvinist view of the Sovereignty of God, but we take sovereignty all the way to it's full meaning.

This view goes against our nature, but we are not dealing with a natural God who is bound by the laws of nature. He is infinitely wiser and all knowing, so I can accept the view that He knows absolutely everything including what we would do during our lives.

Feb 7, 2017
How can we know who the true believers are.

I wonder why we should worry about this. After all, as Jesus said, we are all evil (since God alone is good - Matt 19.17, Mk 10.18; Lk 18.19). Besides, who was it that said that it is to judge something or someone for ourselves?

Not to mention that Jesus was clear: we must love even the enemies (Matt 5:44,45). Therefore, it does not matter what the individual is or ceases to be. Since nothing happens by chance, therefore it was Jesus who brought them to us and it is up to us to open the door of our heart to them and love them, trusting that Jesus will not allow anything contaminated, impure or committing abomination and lies go in to us.

MarkWilliams

Jun 13, 2018
I wonder why we should worry about this. After all, as Jesus said, we are all evil (since God alone is good - Matt 19.17, Mk 10.18; Lk 18.19). Besides, who was it that said that it is to judge something or someone for ourselves?

Not to mention that Jesus was clear: we must love even the enemies (Matt 5:44,45). Therefore, it does not matter what the individual is or ceases to be. Since nothing happens by chance, therefore it was Jesus who brought them to us and it is up to us to open the door of our heart to them and love them, trusting that Jesus will not allow anything contaminated, impure or committing abomination and lies go in to us.
Ye shall judge them by their fruits.

We need to judge people, not to condemn them but just to know who we are dealing with. I wouldn't marry a person who is a false professor of faith in Christ. I wouldn't enter into a business venture with a corrupt person, yes we need to judge for practical purposes. We should not cast our pearls before swine either, so we need to use our judgement for the right reasons.

Mar 23, 2016
The Bible overwhelmingly supports the view that God causes everything that happens to happen. There are more scriptures saying this than there are saying that God created everything then let it unravel as it pleases.

I don't think we can say that God is sovereign over all things then say that He allows other things to be out of His control. I know it's very hard to accept the Calvinist view of the Sovereignty of God, but we take sovereignty all the way to it's full meaning.

This view goes against our nature, but we are not dealing with a natural God who is bound by the laws of nature. He is infinitely wiser and all knowing, so I can accept the view that He knows absolutely everything including what we would do during our lives.
Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Was it God’s Will that Adam and Eve eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live

Is it God’s Will that the wicked die?

Or is it God’s Will that the wicked turn from his or her evil way and live?

MarkWilliams

Jun 13, 2018
Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Was it God’s Will that Adam and Eve eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live

Is it God’s Will that the wicked die?

Or is it God’s Will that the wicked turn from his or her evil way and live?
Let me put it this please, lets just agree that God knows everything including those you mentioned. He is also almighty so He could have stopped them from happening. He already had a plan of salvation for the fall of man so He knew they would fall, so I would say He preordained it as He did all other things

Mar 23, 2016
Let me put it this please, lets just agree that God knows everything including those you mentioned.
I asked you very simple questions which required only a yes or no answer.

Why you will not answer is a question you need to ponder in your heart.

MarkWilliams said:
He is also almighty so He could have stopped them from happening. He already had a plan of salvation for the fall of man so He knew they would fall, so I would say He preordained it as He did all other things
What is your definition of "preordain"?

Thank you.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
This verse has always stymied me!
On the one hand He says: you couldn't do it because you have so little faith.
On the other hand He says even faith as little as a tiny seed is enough to do miracles...

It seems contradictory to me. I know it's not and there is just something I'm not seeing.
Mustard seeds start off as one of the smallest of all seeds, but will with a little nurturing, grow large enough for the birds to alight. Think of each prayer request as a prayer project. Be ensnared by the words of your mouth in a positive way. Be like the widow to the unjust magistrate, where your continual requests make the Lord weary from hearing it. Work at believing and resist doubts. A clear conscience equals full power faith. My point is that faith grows as do all of the fruits of the Spirit...

Feb 7, 2017
We should not cast our pearls before swine either, so we need to use our judgement for the right reasons.

"Be not wise in thine own eyes; Fear Jehovah, and depart from evil: it will be health to thy navel, And marrow to thy bones." (Prov 3.7,8).

T

theanointedsinner

That is a valid point, the Muslim's tell us Jesus was merely a prophet. If that were the case we would have to throw away most of the things He said. He said he was the Creator God. That is not just a prophet.

View attachment 184291

I remember saying to a person of Islamic faith, that Jesus is more than a prophet, and they took my words "out of context" and asked me why I say that Jesus is NOT a prophet, and I do not know how to answer, because it seems like either I will answer like a hypocrite, or I can answer based on his assumption, and "play along" which becomes bearing false witness ...

T

theanointedsinner

Peter said "I will lay down my life for you" (John 3:37)

Then Jesus answered, “Will you really lay down your life for me? (John 3:38)

does the question also apply "will you really bear fruit, before the rooster crows ...