Yet Another Calvinistic (Presbyterian) to allow Gay Clergy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

FireOnTheAltar

Presbyterians Clear Way For Gay Clergy

by The Associated Press

text size A A A
May 10, 2011

After decades of debate, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) on Tuesday struck down a barrier to ordaining gays, ratifying a proposal that removes the celibacy requirement for unmarried clergy, in the latest mainline Protestant move toward accepting gay relationships.

The change was endorsed last year by the Presbyterian national assembly, but required approval by a majority of the denomination's 173 presbyteries, or regional church bodies. Before Tuesday, the vote stood at 86-62 in favor of change. The Presbytery of the Twin Cities Area, based in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minn., cast the key 87th vote needed for a majority in support of ratification came during a meeting Tuesday night. So far, 62 presbyteries have voted against the measure.

Differences over the Bible and homosexuality have split Protestant groups nationally and worldwide for years. Within the Presbyterian Church, about 100 of the 11,000 congregations had already broken away ahead of the vote, but a group of large theologically conservative congregations, which calls itself Fellowship, has decided to remain in the denomination for now.

The measure approved Tuesday eliminates language in the church constitution requiring that clergy live "in fidelity within the covenant of marriage between a man and a woman, or chastity in singleness." The new provision instead requires ministers to "submit joyfully to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in all aspects of life." Each regional body will decide who it should ordain, and some districts are expected to continue to reject gay and lesbian candidates.

The new policy would take effect on July 10, after all presbyteries complete their voting.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville, Ky., is the largest Presbyterian denomination in the country.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
astonishing how some people think their denomination is the only one that has not been infiltrated.

huh...:)

does Rev 21 say the foundation has already been laid?

can we fairly say the Lord as The Cornerstone and His Apostles ARE that foundation?

and so, then is it fair to say we do not lay any other foundation?

this is one aspect of cessationism: not a denial of the Power or Ministry of The Holy Spirit, but seeing that the Apostolic era occurred one time. when the New Covenant Church was born.

if this is seen in scripture, we are compelled to examine the NAR.

when we do, much of the confusion in the church today becomes clear for what it is. and the NAR didn't just "happen".

Rick Joyner – Knight of Malta

“This Order, which at various times in the progress of its history received the names of Knights Hospitalers, Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Rhodes, and lastly, Knights of Malta, was one of the most important of the religious and military orders of knighthood which sprang into existence during the Crusades which were instituted for the recovery of the Holy Land. It owes its origin to the Hospitalers of Jerusalem, that wholly religious and charitable Order which was established at Jerusalem, in 1048, by pious merchants of Amalfi for the succor of poor and distressed Latin pilgrims…

“The Organization of the Order in its days of prosperity was very complicated, partaking of both a monarchial and a republican character. Over all presided a Grand Master, who, although invested with extensive powers, was still controlled by the legislative action of the General Chapter…”

“…There are now two bodies-one Catholic and the other Protestant, but each repudiates the other…”
“The degree of Knight of Malta is conferred in the United States as “an appendant Order” in a Commandery of Knights Templar. There is a ritual attached to the degree, but very few are in possession of it, and it is generally communicated after the candidate has been created a Knights
Templar…”

Source: An Encyclopedia of Freemasonry and Its Kindred Sciences,” etc. by Albert G. Mackey, M.D., Thirty-Third Degree, Volume I, published by the Masonic History Company, Chicago, New York, & London, 1925, Volume One, pp. 392-95

~

we can all, for a time, be deceived, and to think that we can not is, in itself deception.
The Lord will NOT, however leave His own in deception as a permanent condition.

the conspiracy and deception is so extreme (and we ain't seen NOTHIN' yet), that if Jesus Himself didn't do the 'keeping', not one of us would emerge from it.

this, then, is one part of The Holy Spirit's TRUE Commission: to lead us into all truth....that means, in part, that we will see error and deception for what it is.

~

so who is Rick Joyner, for example? and why do we need to know?

~

Articles on C. Peter Wagner's "New Apostolic Reformation" as well as false spiritual warfare teachings. This page includes the "successul apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers" named on the Wagner Leadership Institute's site as those with "proven effectiveness in ministry, communications skills and a recognized anointing for the impartation of ministry skills". Beware of these "Latter Rain" advocates who would lay another foundation than the one already laid in Jesus Christ and the Apostles and Prophets of Scripture!

Go directly to these exposes:

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/newapostolic.html#rjoyner

~

Hebrews 5
Warning Against Apostasy
11 About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, 13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. 14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

zone
http://christianchat.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=441670

F

FireOnTheAltar

The title of the thread should read: "Yet Another Calvinistic (Presbyterian) Organization working to allow Gay Clergy. I was in the process of making changes when my computer published this thread.

U

unclefester

Thought I'd highlight a couple of reviews for those not so inclined to bother looking.

(1) Rick Joyner's False Teachings by Joseph R. Chambers, D.D., 1998

"The first time I picked up material written by Rick Joyner I immediately sensed the spirit of darkness and deception. Reading his material is similar to reading New Age materials. His approach is to take anything in Scripture and make it mean anything that suits his theological aims. There is no faithfulness to established facts of interpretation. It's a smorgasbord of ideas loosely connected with the generous use of out-of-text Scripture to prove his point."
(2) Rick Joyner: Christian Gnostic by Vanguard Magazine, 1998
[SIZE=+0]"Joyner is associated with the Kansas City Prophets (Paul Cain, Bob Jones, Mike Bickle et al) who have been discredited for a number of reasons ..." Read Part 1 - Civil War and then Part 2 - Gnosticism.[/SIZE]
(3) Rick Joyner's Book, "The Final Quest" Should Be Called "The Big Lie"! by Joseph R. Chambers, 1999
[SIZE=+0]"The book by Rick Joyner, entitled The Final Quest, should be labeled “The Final Lie.” It is absolutely the biggest pack of “ultimate lies” from demons and devils that I have ever reviewed."[/SIZE]
(4) The Call By Rick Joyner - A Reviewby Kevin Reeves, 5/01
"In my opinion, there are great problems with both of Joyner's books concerning this “vision”. He would have us accept that Jesus took him to the 3rd heaven, that he spoke face-to- face with Christ, that spirits of great Christian reformers and even people from his own time who had died spoke with him and revealed their hidden earthly lives, and that he was being guided by and having wisdom imparted to him from angels, and all this taking place in what he calls the highest level of revelation, and then he tells us in “The Call” that we have to sort through all this and decide which portions he is relating are true and which are not! When you say, "The Lord said," (as Joyner did repeatedly in both books), you are giving the weight of heaven to your testimony. But if in the next breath you deny the certainty of the revelations, you effectively dismantle your own testimony."
(5) The Final Question - A Review Of "The Final Quest" By Rick Joyner by Kevin Reeves, 7/01
"Only one thing remains, a “final question”, if you will--If we would not believe an unpopular leader’s testimony because his revelation of “Jesus” contradicts the very Word of God, should we then lend credence to Rick Joyner’s little volume, when the testimony in his book does not match the Scriptural record?"
(6) Climbing Joyner's Gnostic Mountain by Orrel Steinkamp, The Plumbline, Volume 7, NO. 3, July/August
Rick Joyner is the most obvious Gnostic in the church today.
(7) The Colossian Heresy (3 Part Series) by Pastor Bob Deway, Twin City Fellowship, 1/03
The danger of being “taken captive” by the same heresy that was threatening the Colossians is as real today as it was in first century Colossae. The Greek word for “taken captive” means “to carry off as spoil.”[1] The plunder of the battle turns out to be those who are the victims of the false teachers and there are many. The Holy Spirit inspired and preserved Paul’s writing on this so that all Christians of subsequent generations would be warned and preserved from this devastating error. However, most contemporary Christians are unaware of what the issues were in Colossae and how the Colossian “philosophy” is being promoted today in several different forms...

(8) Rick Joyner: Africa and the NEW BREED by Discernment Research Group, Herescope, 02/06/06 (9) Rick Joyner and Doctrines of Devils by Joseph Chambers, Paw Creek Ministries, 3/31/07
The Bible warns us to watch and listen for doctrines of devils (I Timothy 4:1). Dominion Theology, Joel's Army, Manifest Son's of God and the total deception by the Charismatic movement...
(10) Rick Joyner ... Another Spirit by LocalPastor, YouTube video, 1/09
Another spirit as evidenced by the Latter Rain transferable impartation in Rick Joyner meetings. Joyner is the one who is trying to bring Todd Bentley back into ministry and is one of Bentley's mentors.
(11) False Prophet Rick Joyner & Todd Bentley’s Adulterous Re-Marriage by MorielDanny, 3/11/09
Todd Bentley, the criminally convicted homosexual pedophile turned drunken heretic and adulterer who kicked old ladies in the face and stomach on YouTube at the failed Lakeland, Florida counterfeit revival has entered into a biblically adulterous re- marriage while under a “process of restoration” led by biblically proven false prophet Rick Joyner.
(12) Shamanism in the Church - Occult "Eagle Spirituality" Manifests in Popular "Prophetic" Ministries by TBC Extra, March 2007
Other "apostolic-prophetic" leaders who often teach with or promote Bob Jones also use the symbol of an eagle in their ministry logo: Paul Keith Davis, Rick Joyner, Bobby Conner, Cindy Jacobs, and others. Does this mean they also have the spirit of Swift to help them "carry out the purposes of God?" Not necessarily-but the connection between "eagle spirits," shamans, and today's neo-prophetic seers is unmistakable. This is the New Spirituality.
(13) "PROPHETS, ETC." by Jewel van der Merwe, Discernment Newsletter, Volume 4, Number 2 March/April 1993
Paul Cain and Rick Joyner produce The Morning Star Prophetic Bulletin. In the January, 1993 issue the comments on President Clinton were most "enlightening": "The Lord said that He was giving us a new president who is better than we deserve. He represents a reprieve from a New World Order that the Church is not prepared to face at this time..."
(14) THE HIGHER LIFE OF RICK JOYNER - CHASING THE DELUSION OF POWER AND DOMINION by G. Richard Fisher, 2000
Joyner’s claims of revelation knowledge produce a dulling effect in regard to a desire for the Scriptures. He is a “broken reed” and will pass away like other purveyors of error. He will leave them with nothing but “rabbit trails,” distractions and illusions. Our Bibles are a far safer bet. Joyner’s books are a jumble of confusion. One has to wade through a lot of sludge to find a few nuggets of truth.
(15) The Final Quest reviewed by Steve Mitchell, Jeff Smith and Mike Oppenheimer, Let Us Reason Ministries, 2009
As I read this book carefully it became increasingly hard to be open to believe this mans message came from Jesus himself. I found myself growing more and more suspicious, as I carefully put what was said alongside the Holy Word of God that we are to hold as true. Finding myself 3/4 of the way through I was a moved to tears for those who would find this as believable, because they would then be absorbing a whole different doctrine of the savior and scenario of the end times.
(16) Todd Bentley Videos Page by Christian Research Ministries, 2009
This page contains selected videosand DVDs on Todd Bentley and his associates within the Word-Faith movement and the New Apostolic Reformation.
(17) The ElijahList - The biggest distributor of false prophecies in cyberspace compiled by Sandy Simpson, 4/08
This is a sampling of false prophecies by many false prophets that have been distributed by ElijahList. I have been collecting ElijahList newsletters for years. The following are but a tiny fraction of the false prophecies ElijahList has sent out. Prophesy, that is predictive, is to be judged not only on whether or not the prophecy came true, but on how it depicts the character and testimony of God, and whether or not it teaches what the Bible teaches. If a Third Wave prophet happens to, on the very off chance, get a prediction right his prophecy must still be judged as to whether or not it is consistent with the law and the testimony (Is. 8:20). If it is not it is a lying prophecy, not from the Lord, but from either the delusions of his or her own mind (Jer. 14:14) or from evil (Jer. 23:10) which has it's origin from the evil one (Jas. 3:15, 1 Jn. 3:8).
(18) Adrift in the River of God (Parts I, II, and III) by Mishel Montague, 4/19/10
I don’t recall exactly how it started or when the decisive moment was. I do not know how I got to the point of being so deeply entrenched in apostasy and deception. I can not definitively point to one moment pand declare that that is when the deception began and my destructive course was charted. I simply don’t know. What I do know is that I was convinced. I was convinced of my being on the right path. I was one of God’s chosen, His elite, His enlightened ones. “Get into the River” was our mantra and our manifesto.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Thought I'd highlight a couple of reviews for those not so inclined to bother looking.

(14) THE HIGHER LIFE OF RICK JOYNER - CHASING THE DELUSION OF POWER AND DOMINION by G. Richard Fisher, 2000
Joyner’s claims of revelation knowledge produce a dulling effect in regard to a desire for the Scriptures. He is a “broken reed” and will pass away like other purveyors of error. He will leave them with nothing but “rabbit trails,” distractions and illusions. Our Bibles are a far safer bet. Joyner’s books are a jumble of confusion. One has to wade through a lot of sludge to find a few nuggets of truth.
THANK YOU FESTER!

i found this part especially disturbing, and i can testify i see it happening. it's part of the whole thing isn't it?

Joyner’s claims of revelation knowledge produce a dulling effect in regard to a desire for the Scriptures.

thanks again Fester. sometimes folks are scared to look. but we HAVE TO. once we know their buzzwords they are easier to spot.
love zone

F

FireOnTheAltar

(1) Rick Joyner's False Teachings by Joseph R. Chambers, D.D., 1998

"The first time I picked up material written by Rick Joyner I immediately sensed the spirit of darkness and deception. Reading his material is similar to reading New Age materials. His approach is to take anything in Scripture and make it mean anything that suits his theological aims. There is no faithfulness to established facts of interpretation. It's a smorgasbord of ideas loosely connected with the generous use of out-of-text Scripture to prove his point."
(2) Rick Joyner: Christian Gnostic by Vanguard Magazine, 1998
[SIZE=+0]"Joyner is associated with the Kansas City Prophets (Paul Cain, Bob Jones, Mike Bickle et al) who have been discredited for a number of reasons ..." Read Part 1 - Civil War and then Part 2 - Gnosticism.[/SIZE]
(3) Rick Joyner's Book, "The Final Quest" Should Be Called "The Big Lie"! by Joseph R. Chambers, 1999
[SIZE=+0]"The book by Rick Joyner, entitled The Final Quest, should be labeled “The Final Lie.” It is absolutely the biggest pack of “ultimate lies” from demons and devils that I have ever reviewed."[/SIZE]
(4) The Call By Rick Joyner - A Reviewby Kevin Reeves, 5/01
"In my opinion, there are great problems with both of Joyner's books concerning this “vision”. He would have us accept that Jesus took him to the 3rd heaven, that he spoke face-to- face with Christ, that spirits of great Christian reformers and even people from his own time who had died spoke with him and revealed their hidden earthly lives, and that he was being guided by and having wisdom imparted to him from angels, and all this taking place in what he calls the highest level of revelation, and then he tells us in “The Call” that we have to sort through all this and decide which portions he is relating are true and which are not! When you say, "The Lord said," (as Joyner did repeatedly in both books), you are giving the weight of heaven to your testimony. But if in the next breath you deny the certainty of the revelations, you effectively dismantle your own testimony."
(5) The Final Question - A Review Of "The Final Quest" By Rick Joyner by Kevin Reeves, 7/01
"Only one thing remains, a “final question”, if you will--If we would not believe an unpopular leader’s testimony because his revelation of “Jesus” contradicts the very Word of God, should we then lend credence to Rick Joyner’s little volume, when the testimony in his book does not match the Scriptural record?"
(6) Climbing Joyner's Gnostic Mountain by Orrel Steinkamp, The Plumbline, Volume 7, NO. 3, July/August
Rick Joyner is the most obvious Gnostic in the church today.
(7) The Colossian Heresy (3 Part Series) by Pastor Bob Deway, Twin City Fellowship, 1/03
The danger of being “taken captive” by the same heresy that was threatening the Colossians is as real today as it was in first century Colossae. The Greek word for “taken captive” means “to carry off as spoil.”[1] The plunder of the battle turns out to be those who are the victims of the false teachers and there are many. The Holy Spirit inspired and preserved Paul’s writing on this so that all Christians of subsequent generations would be warned and preserved from this devastating error. However, most contemporary Christians are unaware of what the issues were in Colossae and how the Colossian “philosophy” is being promoted today in several different forms...

(8) Rick Joyner: Africa and the NEW BREED by Discernment Research Group, Herescope, 02/06/06 (9) Rick Joyner and Doctrines of Devils by Joseph Chambers, Paw Creek Ministries, 3/31/07
The Bible warns us to watch and listen for doctrines of devils (I Timothy 4:1). Dominion Theology, Joel's Army, Manifest Son's of God and the total deception by the Charismatic movement...
(10) Rick Joyner ... Another Spirit by LocalPastor, YouTube video, 1/09
Another spirit as evidenced by the Latter Rain transferable impartation in Rick Joyner meetings. Joyner is the one who is trying to bring Todd Bentley back into ministry and is one of Bentley's mentors.
(11) False Prophet Rick Joyner & Todd Bentley’s Adulterous Re-Marriage by MorielDanny, 3/11/09
Todd Bentley, the criminally convicted homosexual pedophile turned drunken heretic and adulterer who kicked old ladies in the face and stomach on YouTube at the failed Lakeland, Florida counterfeit revival has entered into a biblically adulterous re- marriage while under a “process of restoration” led by biblically proven false prophet Rick Joyner.
(12) Shamanism in the Church - Occult "Eagle Spirituality" Manifests in Popular "Prophetic" Ministries by TBC Extra, March 2007
Other "apostolic-prophetic" leaders who often teach with or promote Bob Jones also use the symbol of an eagle in their ministry logo: Paul Keith Davis, Rick Joyner, Bobby Conner, Cindy Jacobs, and others. Does this mean they also have the spirit of Swift to help them "carry out the purposes of God?" Not necessarily-but the connection between "eagle spirits," shamans, and today's neo-prophetic seers is unmistakable. This is the New Spirituality.
(13) "PROPHETS, ETC." by Jewel van der Merwe, Discernment Newsletter, Volume 4, Number 2 March/April 1993
Paul Cain and Rick Joyner produce The Morning Star Prophetic Bulletin. In the January, 1993 issue the comments on President Clinton were most "enlightening": "The Lord said that He was giving us a new president who is better than we deserve. He represents a reprieve from a New World Order that the Church is not prepared to face at this time..."
(15) The Final Quest reviewed by Steve Mitchell, Jeff Smith and Mike Oppenheimer, Let Us Reason Ministries, 2009
As I read this book carefully it became increasingly hard to be open to believe this mans message came from Jesus himself. I found myself growing more and more suspicious, as I carefully put what was said alongside the Holy Word of God that we are to hold as true. Finding myself 3/4 of the way through I was a moved to tears for those who would find this as believable, because they would then be absorbing a whole different doctrine of the savior and scenario of the end times.
(16) Todd Bentley Videos Page by Christian Research Ministries, 2009
This page contains selected videosand DVDs on Todd Bentley and his associates within the Word-Faith movement and the New Apostolic Reformation.
(17) The ElijahList - The biggest distributor of false prophecies in cyberspace compiled by Sandy Simpson, 4/08
This is a sampling of false prophecies by many false prophets that have been distributed by ElijahList. I have been collecting ElijahList newsletters for years. The following are but a tiny fraction of the false prophecies ElijahList has sent out. Prophesy, that is predictive, is to be judged not only on whether or not the prophecy came true, but on how it depicts the character and testimony of God, and whether or not it teaches what the Bible teaches. If a Third Wave prophet happens to, on the very off chance, get a prediction right his prophecy must still be judged as to whether or not it is consistent with the law and the testimony (Is. 8:20). If it is not it is a lying prophecy, not from the Lord, but from either the delusions of his or her own mind (Jer. 14:14) or from evil (Jer. 23:10) which has it's origin from the evil one (Jas. 3:15, 1 Jn. 3:8).
(18) Adrift in the River of God (Parts I, II, and III) by Mishel Montague, 4/19/10
I don’t recall exactly how it started or when the decisive moment was. I do not know how I got to the point of being so deeply entrenched in apostasy and deception. I can not definitively point to one moment pand declare that that is when the deception began and my destructive course was charted. I simply don’t know. What I do know is that I was convinced. I was convinced of my being on the right path. I was one of God’s chosen, His elite, His enlightened ones. “Get into the River” was our mantra and our manifesto.
I guess this is supposed to be some sort of attack on my beliefs seeing as I am a Continuationist? Should I chalk up this little expression of your carnal Christianity as a result of spiritual immaturity? The funny thing is I don't remember saying much of anything to you Fester to warrant such attention. Considering the topic of this thread, I hope you're not developing some sort of twisted crush. *lol*

Anyways, I'm not offended. I'm not a fan of either Joyner or Bentley. I'm definitely not an advocate of hyper-spirituality. In fact, I don't believe Bentley should ever be allowed behind a pulpit ever again.

F

FireOnTheAltar

Seeing as you folks believe in Once Saved Always Saved, do you believe that a person can be a practicing homosexual and still be saved?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I guess this is supposed to be some sort of attack on my beliefs seeing as I am a Continuationist? Should I chalk up this little expression of your carnal Christianity as a result of spiritual immaturity? The funny thing is I don't remember saying much of anything to you Fester to warrant such attention. Considering the topic of this thread, I hope you're not developing some sort of twisted crush. *lol*

Anyways, I'm not offended. I'm not a fan of either Joyner or Bentley. I'm definitely not an advocate of hyper-spirituality. In fact, I don't believe Bentley should ever be allowed behind a pulpit ever again.
Bentley should be in prison for fraud and probably manslaughter (the stage 4 cancer victim the "Lord" told him to kick in the stomach died a few days later).

J

judgedebra

It all boils down to , JESUS WIN!!!!! Satan loses and he already knows it , that is why he is running to and fro like a ravenous lion devouring. When it is time to stand before Jesus and make an account of what these clergy have done, what do you think Jesus is going to say; Good and faithful servants or I never knew you. I hate to be them that have a greater part in the church and teach something else than the doctrine of Christ. Woe to them!

F

FireOnTheAltar

It all boils down to , JESUS WIN!!!!! Satan loses and he already knows it , that is why he is running to and fro like a ravenous lion devouring. When it is time to stand before Jesus and make an account of what these clergy have done, what do you think Jesus is going to say; Good and faithful servants or I never knew you. I hate to be them that have a greater part in the church and teach something else than the doctrine of Christ. Woe to them!
Amen Debra. Compromise is never the answer.

M

Meridoc

One crazy thing about this ruling is during the past 5 years while they were trying to pass this 100 CONGREGATIONS left the denominations, i mean if 100 churches walk away over this might you feel the need to sit down and recheck whether this is a good idea? I mean they are saying that you can be under Lordship of Christ and at the same time ignore what the bible teaches. Can't have one without the other.

F

FireOnTheAltar

One crazy thing about this ruling is during the past 5 years while they were trying to pass this 100 CONGREGATIONS left the denominations, i mean if 100 churches walk away over this might you feel the need to sit down and recheck whether this is a good idea? I mean they are saying that you can be under Lordship of Christ and at the same time ignore what the bible teaches. Can't have one without the other.
I couldn't agree more.

S

Scotth1960

Presbyterians Clear Way For Gay Clergy

by The Associated Press

text size A A A
May 10, 2011

After decades of debate, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) on Tuesday struck down a barrier to ordaining gays, ratifying a proposal that removes the celibacy requirement for unmarried clergy, in the latest mainline Protestant move toward accepting gay relationships.

The change was endorsed last year by the Presbyterian national assembly, but required approval by a majority of the denomination's 173 presbyteries, or regional church bodies. Before Tuesday, the vote stood at 86-62 in favor of change. The Presbytery of the Twin Cities Area, based in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minn., cast the key 87th vote needed for a majority in support of ratification came during a meeting Tuesday night. So far, 62 presbyteries have voted against the measure.

Differences over the Bible and homosexuality have split Protestant groups nationally and worldwide for years. Within the Presbyterian Church, about 100 of the 11,000 congregations had already broken away ahead of the vote, but a group of large theologically conservative congregations, which calls itself Fellowship, has decided to remain in the denomination for now.

The measure approved Tuesday eliminates language in the church constitution requiring that clergy live "in fidelity within the covenant of marriage between a man and a woman, or chastity in singleness." The new provision instead requires ministers to "submit joyfully to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in all aspects of life." Each regional body will decide who it should ordain, and some districts are expected to continue to reject gay and lesbian candidates.

The new policy would take effect on July 10, after all presbyteries complete their voting.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), based in Louisville, Ky., is the largest Presbyterian denomination in the country

Friends,

Worldwide Religious News Russia Orthodox Church CIS Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) re: "gay marriage" ceremony Russian temple razed to the ground!
http:.. wwrn.org/articles/656/?&place=russia-cis&section=orthodox

Priest sacked and church destroyed after gay wedding row "Ananova", October 9, 2003
"A priest has been sacked, his church bulldozed and the wreckage burnt (to the ground) after he allowed the building to be used for a gay marriage last month"

The Russian Orthodox Church does not mess around with or tolerate homosexuality
the whole church temple where one sinful priest was allowing a gay ceremony was totally destroyed and burnt to the ground. This sin should not be present and is incompatible with the piety and spirituality of holy (Russian) Christian Orthodoxy.

In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington PS Heterosexual sins should also not be tolerated, and any persons who have sinned need to repent and seek God's mercy/forgiveness.