Your Biggest Struggle...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Adding to my earler reply,
I think that Philippians 4:8 can be applied here as well...

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Philippians 4:8 :)

K

Kim82

My struggle is setting unrealistic standards only to be sorely disappointed in the end.

How do I renew my mind? 1Cor 1:26-31 always brings me back from the pit of despair.

I don't need to worry about all the things I can't do, or my lack of achievements or what I don't have in life. I just need to trust God, that He'll make a way for me, and that He'll work everything out.

M

morefaithrequired

What is your biggest struggle as a Christian...?

How often do you pray about it...?

How do you "renew your mind?"

I mean YOU specifically, not how generally....
I'm glad someone is asking these kinds of personal questions because that is what most interests me. By reading each others' struggles we can support each other.
biggest struggle? seeing the purpose of my relatively short (20 to 30 years as im aged 60) future on earth. Apart from supporting my wife, what exactly is God asking me to do? I mean taking in to account my physical problems such as back pain. I cant stand for long without pain occurring. doesn't that rule me out of a lot of volunteering?
Not only seeing my purpose but also having some joy to look forward to. Is this because I have no kids and therefore grandkids? ive lost my zing and have little ambition. im heading for depression if I don't solve this one.
I ask God a lot about this one. Maybe 10 times a day. But do I trust Him? No and there lies the problem. Maybe I suspect he has some more pain in store for me. To toughen me up? is it payback for past sins? You can see I have a bad image of God. I need to see Him as the Good Shepherd I know. But this punishing image keeps presenting itself.

Feb 28, 2016
when I want peace of mind against any struggle, I meditate upon The Spiritual only -
that is, scripture, keeping my thoughts correct, thinking upon that which is Holy -
and when my 'mind' wants to 'drift and go back', which it will constantly do,
then i have to 'check myself' and bring my mind into the OBEDIENCE of GOD...
sometimes it can take a while to bring my mind into total communion with Christ,
but, after the struggle of this, the rest is 'gravy', it's 'total comfort-quietness-assurance'...