Healthy recipes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 12, 2022
Ohio
Do you have any balanced recipes that keep your weight in check

Apr 27, 2024
I was going to suggest stir frys also. Use just a little oil in a good wok.
I used to make Chinese dishes all the time, like pepper steak and onion, beef and broccoli, and chicken w/ mixed vegetables.
But, I've gotten lazy about it all and now never mince ginger, I just pour the sauces into a zip lock back with the meat in it to marinade.
I suggest you use the following as a marinade...
2 TB Dark soy sauce
2 TB Rice vinegar, sweet and mild
1 tsp Oyster sauce
2 tsp Hoison sauce
1 tsp Seasame oil
1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp minced garlic

I don't measure any of it anymore, I knew the approximate amounts for the amount of food I prepare. Again, I skip the chicken broth and minced ginger... I only make a marinade for the meat, and not a brown/mother sauce... it's too time consuming. Drain the meat in the zip lock bag before adding to the pan. I cook the veggies first, spread them to the edges of the pan, then add the meat for about 5 minutes on medium-high. For beef dishes, use top sirloin... it makes a big difference having good meat. Bon appetite!