Millennium

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
MILLENNIUM​

I find that quite a lot is said in Scripture regarding the 7 year Tribulation.

Yet very little is said regarding the 1,000 year Millennium.
So I am putting forward what I have found plus what I assume, in the hope that others will contribute to this and we can all learn from it. Please stick to the Millennium subject.

I believe there are two main considerations.

1. Who are the occupiers?
2. What duties do they have, or what do they do?
----------------------------------------------------
Jesus will reign for a Thousand years with all believers. -- Isaiah Chapt. 2. and 11. +60+61 / Zech. 5B -11. + 14: 16-21. Rev. 20: 6.
Tribulation Martyrs.--
Rev. 20: 4. /
Israel restored. -- Isaiah 11:1 to 12:8 & 30:15 & 45:17. & Chapt. 60. / Zeph 2: 4 to 3:20. / Rom. 11:23-27.

Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His bride The Church. --
I find that this takes place on Earth at the beginning of the Millennium. (The Marriage takes place in Heaven during the Tribulation).
Matt. 26:29./ (Luke 12:35-37. refers to Second Coming, not the Rapture). / Eph.5:25-27. / Rev.19:9.

Peace. -- Mic. 4: 1-8. / Psm. 46: 8,9./

One Language. -- Zeph. 3: 9-13 / Isai. 2:2-4. + Chapts. 65 & 66.

Duties of saints. -- 1 Cor. 6: 2-3. /

Satan bound for a thousand years. -- Rev.20:1-3./

Satan released at the end of Millennium. Rev. 20: 7-10.

The Great White Throne Judgement. (Final Judgement). Rev. 20:11-15.

No Marriage. -- (No procreation, in glorified state.) Mat. 22: 29-30. / Mark 12: 25.

It appears to me that there will be those in the Kingdom who have not attained a glorified state, i.e., probably those who died before reaching an age of accountability. Or perhaps had a mental, or some other disability which prevented them from choosing to follow Christ. These ones it would appear are given the chance to accept Christ’s salvation, without which none (This side of Calvary) may enter Heaven. Acts 4: 12. -- These could be the ones referred to in Isai. 65: 17-25, who during the Millennium will have long life, and experience Birth, Sin, and Death. O.T. saints & glorified Christians may have the responsibility of leading these ones to know Jesus as their Saviour but many will not be saved and will join Satan in his final battle (Armageddon) at the end of the Millennium. Rev. 16: 16.

There appears to be 3 Stages in the Resurrection of believers;
1. Christ with the first fruits, (Old Testament Believers), at His resurrection.
2. For the Christians: = At the Rapture of the Church, Dead and living Christians.
3. At end of Tribulation: = All believers dead or living, Jew and Gentile.
But for unbelievers there appears to be just one resurrection, to face Judgement. – Rev.20:5

Please try to be constructive & back up statements and ideas with Scripture.
O that we all enter the Millennium. God Bless you all.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
MILLENNIUM​

So I am putting forward what I have found plus what I assume, in the hope that others will contribute to this and we can all learn from it. Please stick to the Millennium subject.

Jesus will reign for a Thousand years with all believers. -- Isaiah Chapt. 2. and 11. +60+61 / Zech. 5B -11. + 14: 16-21. Rev. 20: 6.
Tribulation Martyrs.--
Israel restored. -- Isaiah 11:1 to 12:8 & 30:15 & 45:17. & Chapt. 60. / Zeph 2: 4 to 3:20. / Rom. 11:23-27.

I find that this takes place on Earth at the beginning of the Millennium. (The Marriage takes place in Heaven during the Tribulation).
Matt. 26:29./ (Luke 12:35-37. refers to Second Coming, not the Rapture). / Eph.5:25-27. / Rev.19:9.

No Marriage. -- (No procreation, in glorified state.) Mat. 22: 29-30. / Mark 12: 25.

It appears to me that there will be those in the Kingdom who have not attained a glorified state, i.e., probably those who died before reaching an age of accountability. Or perhaps had a mental, or some other disability which prevented them from choosing to follow Christ. These ones it would appear are given the chance to accept Christ’s salvation, without which none (This side of Calvary) may enter Heaven. Acts 4: 12. -- These could be the ones referred to in Isai. 65: 17-25, who during the Millennium will have long life, and experience Birth, Sin, and Death. O.T. saints & glorified Christians may have the responsibility of leading these ones to know Jesus as their Saviour but many will not be saved and will join Satan in his final battle (Armageddon) at the end of the Millennium. Rev. 16: 16.

1. Christ with the first fruits, (Old Testament Believers), at His resurrection.
2. For the Christians: = At the Rapture of the Church, Dead and living Christians.
But for unbelievers there appears to be just one resurrection, to face Judgement. – Rev.20:5

I've not found a single verse showing a 7 year tribulation.

Only a 3.5 year tribulation.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Christ and the firstfruits
I agree with.

Next the resurrection for the saved when Jesus comes. The 1000 years begins, Satan is bound and the saved are taken to their mansions in Heaven.

This is the first resurrection mentioned in John... the resurrection of life.
Joh 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Only 2 resurrections are mentioned.

The 2nd is the resurrection of damnation.

Rev 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

They Reign with Christ for 1000 years, the devil is bound and the rest live not again until the second resurrection.

Judgement comes on those not found in the book of life....
Rev 20:14-15
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The holy city comes down from heaven

Rev 21:1-4
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

From this point there is no more death. No suffering or pain. The former things are passed away...
God makes all things new. The earth will not have any sign of sin.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Zech 14:16 Then every one that survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of booths. 17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain upon them. 18 And if the family of Egypt do not go up and present themselves, then upon them shall[e] come the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths. 19 This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths.

This is concerning the few surviving the 7 year Tribulation

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Zech 14:16 Then every one that survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of booths. 17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain upon them. 18 And if the family of Egypt do not go up and present themselves, then upon them shall[e] come the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths. 19 This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths.

This is concerning the few surviving the 7 year Tribulation
Nothing about a seven year tribulation in those verses.

The christians in Israel are persecuted for 3.5 years before zech 14.
Then God brings the nations around Israel against Israel to punish it for not keeping his commandments and persecuting the body of Christ.The nation of Israel as we know it today will be destroyed.
Then the nations that attacked Israel are destroyed. This destruction does not take seven years nor will it take 3.5 years.

Then the kingdom from the Euphrates to the Nile will be given to the christians dwelling there and the Israelis who were persecuted will reign with Christ for 1000 years.

After 1000 years the nations outside of the promised land such as Persia and Ethiopia will come against Israel and those nations will be destroyed

That is two times nations attack Israel.The first time Israel is destroyed because they do not keep the commandments of God and the second time(after 1000 years) God protects Israel because at that time they are keeping the commandments of God.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
No more shall there be in it
an infant that lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not fill out his days,
for the child shall die a hundred years old,
and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;
they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit;
they shall not plant and another eat;
for like the days of a tree shall the days of my people be,
and my chosen shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain,
or bear children for calamity;[c]
for they shall be the offspring of the blessed of the Lord,
and their children with them.
24 Before they call I will answer,
while they are yet speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
the lion shall eat straw like the ox;
and dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt or destroy
in all my holy mountain,
says the Lord.” Isaiah 65

Can only happen during the Millenium

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Looks like Blade doesn't comprehend scripture. ×

3.5 years blade,not 7
Read the bible.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
This takes place at the beginning of the millinium.

Ezekiel 37
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.

5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
This takes place during the millinium

Ezekiel 37

21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
This takes place after the millinium.

Ezekiel 38

38 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

10 Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:

11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Israel shall rule over the nations in the Lords land during the millinium.

Isaiah 14
And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Assyria,Egypt and Israel shall all speak the same language during the millinium and dwell together in peace.

Isaiah 19

18 In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord Almighty. One of them will be called the City of the Sun.[a]

19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20 It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. 21 So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. 22 The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. 24 In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing[b] on the earth. 25 The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
MILLENNIUM​

Tribulation Martyrs.--

Quick note.
I just got done studying Psalm 72 last week.
I think there are a number of prophesies in the OT that often go unnoticed in the OT as to their time period. Psalm 72 was one of those for me. The beginning and a couple other places referred to David's reign; however the rest is a messianic prophecy dealing with His kingdom on earth. The preachers/ teaching priests/ pharisees and saducees confused His first and second advents. Jesus clarified, but they still rejected Him. Anyhow that was the sidenote I keep in mind when reading His rebukes and teachings in the gospels. Here's the 72nd psalm.

Psalm 72, Millennial Prophesy

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
3 a half years = 1260 days
A day for a years.

1260 years was perfectly fulfilled by the persecuting power of papal Rome.

The church recieved a deadly wound in 1798 and today everyone has gone back to her.

Look at history.... the Book of Dan and Rev both reveal this 3 and a half year time prophesy has already past.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
538 to 1798 = 1260 days of years.

The church controlled the state in 538.
The deadly wond from Nepolian of France happened in 1798.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
And yet, had the Peace Treaty been put into action, why are we still 1 1/3 years away from the Red Heifer being old enough to be sacrificed and its ashes used to anoint a new High Priest for the 3rd Temple so at mid-trib the AC can sit in it claiming to be God and stopping daily sacrifice to fulfill Thess/Dan?

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
And yet, had the Peace Treaty been put into action, why are we still 1 1/3 years away from the Red Heifer being old enough to be sacrificed and its ashes used to anoint a new High Priest for the 3rd Temple so at mid-trib the AC can sit in it claiming to be God and stopping daily sacrifice to fulfill Thess/Dan?
Israelis are making sacrifices on a daily basis but not to God.Why would you believe Israelis will make sacrifices to God before the day of the Lord when the word of God says they don't?
They are making sacrifices for what they worship.

Amos 5

“Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
26 You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
the pedestal of your idols,
the star of your god[b]—
which you made for yourselves
27 Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,”
says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Israelis are making sacrifices on a daily basis but not to God.Why would you believe Israelis will make sacrifices to God before the day of the Lord when the word of God says they don't?
They are making sacrifices for what they worship.

Amos 5

“Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
26 You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
the pedestal of your idols,
the star of your god[b]—
which you made for yourselves
27 Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,”
says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.
But not in a Temple where the AC can sit and fulfill prophecy.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
538 to 1798 = 1260 days of years.

The church controlled the state in 538.
The deadly wond from Nepolian of France happened in 1798.

1260 days is 42 months.

Do you understand what a month is?

Revelation 11
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.