Predestination is misunderstood...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
It is a bumpy ride
Thank you, friend in the risen Jesus given you to express the truth you just expressed to me to see clearer than have, yet have it even deeper now, How high, wide and deep is this forgiveness, reconciliation, wow?
Isaiah 6:1-7
I, see me in court. The prosecutor is Evil. That literally takes anything I have done or might do and takes that to God, the Judge of all, not only me does evil do that to, it is To stop anyone, including me from entering God's courts with thanksgiving and praise (Psalms 100:4) over what is done for us all by Son on that cross. What is done? (Psalms 103:12) How far is the east from the west? it seems there is no end , to me I see that at least in thanksgiving and praise to God. so as said, I am in Court, I say thank you to God the Judge of all. Then I ask how to say no to unrighteousness? God replies trust me in my risen Son of you. It is not of work(s), it is of the done work(s) of my son for you.
He is the Word. John 1:1.
He set the example by having the Word become flesh. John 1:14

Problem is?
He has only given us a few good teachers. (James 3:1)
Yet, many wish to claim they are the few. (2 Timothy 4:3)

His ways are not our ways. (Isaiah 55:8)
So when we read for ourselves?
We can settle too easily for our ways, and then seek like minded believers to bond with for reassurance.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road
that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate
and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing,
but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."
Matthew 7:13-15

Jesus came to give us life more abundantly.

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

The way that leads to life is under pressure and strict in application......
Until the life is found, leading to a peace and capacity for life the world can not know.

Sad to report. Few find it. Jesus said so.

That is why we need to run the race this way...

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Cor 9:24​

Each one of us should be running as if we are the only one who will get the prize.
Believe me. When its over there will be more than one.

But, that's the mental attitude we need to keep having because many things will be coming against us trying to keep us from making right choices.

It all comes down to one thing. Our relationship with Jesus Christ by means of walking in the Spirit as to be led into finding more and more truth to live in and live by.

grace and peace ............

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
He is the Word. John 1:1.
He set the example by having the Word become flesh. John 1:14

Problem is?
He has only given us a few good teachers. (James 3:1)
Yet, many wish to claim they are the few. (2 Timothy 4:3)

His ways are not our ways. (Isaiah 55:8)
So when we read for ourselves?
We can settle too easily for our ways, and then seek like minded believers to bond with for reassurance.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road
that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate
and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing,
but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."
Matthew 7:13-15

Jesus came to give us life more abundantly.

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

The way that leads to life is under pressure and strict in application......
Until the life is found, leading to a peace and capacity for life the world can not know.

Sad to report. Few find it. Jesus said so.

That is why we need to run the race this way...
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Cor 9:24​

Each one of us should be running as if we are the only one who will get the prize.
Believe me. When its over there will be more than one.

But, that's the mental attitude we need to keep having because many things will be coming against us trying to keep us from making right choices.

It all comes down to one thing. Our relationship with Jesus Christ by means of walking in the Spirit as to be led into finding more and more truth to live in and live by.

grace and peace ............
You are given insight, as that be what God does to his children in belief to his love and mercy given them, taking no credit to themselves. At least begin to learn this truth and see it come to fruition. (Phil 1:6) tells me this truth, thank you
Oh, and if you have not read this book called "Classic Christianity" by Bob George, I suggest you read it to read it for you and others too, thank you

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
You are given insight, as that be what God does to his children in belief to his love and mercy given them, taking no credit to themselves. At least begin to learn this truth and see it come to fruition. (Phil 1:6) tells me this truth, thank you
Oh, and if you have not read this book called "Classic Christianity" by Bob George, I suggest you read it to read it for you and others too, thank you
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge
and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may
be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness
that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11​

studier

Apr 18, 2024
Who has truth? God knows.

It will be sorted out at the right time.

In the meantime all sides think only they have the truth and "RMA's" and humility are traded for poor behavior that does not evince true discipleship (John13:35).

Admittedly taking liberties here to make a point:

1 Cor. 14:23 NKJ Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place FORUM, and all speak with tongues DIFFERENT "TRUTH", and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

NKJ Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, 6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7 Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. (Rom. 15:5-7 NKJ)

11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. (2 Cor. 13:11 NKJ)

NKJ Philippians 2:1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. 5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, (Phil. 2:1-9 NKJ)

8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For "He who would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. 12 For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil." 13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? (1 Pet. 3:8-13 NKJ)

NKJ Ephesians 4:1-16 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.......11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head-- Christ--16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

In my studies of eschatology, among other things, I at times wonder why we look at it the ways we do and do not seem to notice what our Lord is working to accomplish among His people. The corporate maturity of the Body of Christ seems severely lacking.

But, as you say, God knows and it'll get sorted out. Likely in spite of us as it seems has always been the case.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I'm taking magnesium to keep me extremely relaxed for these forums. "It's all good" Cameron...
It does seem some have personally changed be ready to give an answer to be prepared to insist your answer is accepted.

studier

Apr 18, 2024
You just need the Lord, sis.
Thanks sis.

Maybe you're always smiley like your avatar. I was not given that gift. Men have depleted His nutritious creation. He prescribed a little mag for me like Paul prescribed a little wine for Timothy.

You prescribe the smiles, Cameron the aspirin, me the mag, clean living, and as much quiet time in His Word in His Spirit as possible.

NKJ Psalm 44:8 In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. Selah (‎סֶֽלָה)

Your [old] bro in Christ in Spirit.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
I'm taking magnesium to keep me extremely relaxed for these forums. "It's all good" Cameron...
Adam's body was molded and formed with the elements/dust of the earth.
Magnesium being one of those natural occurring elements.

Many today are deficient in magnesium because of inferior farming methods being used.

A deficiency in magnesium would cause one not to be able to relax. Its needed for our bodies
for normal function ... not something we add to act as a tranquilizer..

But, when we have enough magnesium?
Its to keep us as tranquil as God would grant us to be.

Then the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
Genesis 2:7

God used the original multi mineral to give Adam his body.

;)

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
You just need the Lord, sis.
Need to know the Lord designed us to have magnesium.
Have it in sufficiency for your brain not to suffer from a lack of brain synapses.

The human brain is made up of approximately 86 billion neurons that “talk” to each other
using a combination of electrical and chemical (electrochemical) signals. The places where
neurons connect and communicate with each other are called synapses.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK526047/

Magnesium not a drug anymore than water is a drug used to quench thirst.
People who have higher natural nervous energy for mentality need to watch for its benefits.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019

"For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world
to be holy and blameless in His presence."

Ephesians 1:4​

It does not say that we were simply chosen by Him.
But, specifically, that we were "chosen in Him."

What does "chosen in Him" mean?

Understanding that phrase is the key to understanding predestination.

grace and peace ..............
Not disagreeing but one cannot just toss out all the other teaches on this verse. If one is saying "what that verse really means".. sure ok.. see ya. I can't just toss out all those other scholars just because I disagree.

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
Again, are you expecting the rapture? Soon?
I didn't answer before because I find the question nonsensical and therefore don't know how to answer. Timing is irrelevant as I'm with the Lord 24/7 now and am content whether I'm here or there. (earth or heaven)

About the only time I consider a resurrection body would be nice now is when I'm forced to get down on my hands and knees to clear out the dust bunnies from under the bed or do too much in the garden and wake up sore the next morning, then I say "Lord, could do with that spiritual body right about now".

My concern is the Lord's return as that effects everyone, not just me. Hard to watch the "stupid is as stupid does" decisions being made around the world at the moment and watching people suffer because of it.

If not for the Lord ... (let sawdust now say) ... !! ;)

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Not disagreeing but one cannot just toss out all the other teaches on this verse. If one is saying "what that verse really means".. sure ok.. see ya. I can't just toss out all those other scholars just because I disagree.
Somebody has got to be right if there is a God in Heaven ....

And, yes. All the others wrong.

Choose your side.

Some will get it right. Not all.

If your walk with God in the Spirit is correct?
You will eventually 'find yourself' having the truth needed for this time in history.
Just like certain birds fly to a warmer climate for the winter you will find it....

In Christ .... grace and peace!

studier

Apr 18, 2024
I didn't answer before because I find the question nonsensical and therefore don't know how to answer. Timing is irrelevant as I'm with the Lord 24/7 now and am content whether I'm here or there. (earth or heaven)

About the only time I consider a resurrection body would be nice now is when I'm forced to get down on my hands and knees to clear out the dust bunnies from under the bed or do too much in the garden and wake up sore the next morning, then I say "Lord, could do with that spiritual body right about now".

My concern is the Lord's return as that effects everyone, not just me. Hard to watch the "stupid is as stupid does" decisions being made around the world at the moment and watching people suffer because of it.

If not for the Lord ... (let sawdust now say) ... !! ;)

Thought this deserved a reply beyond an emoji.

First paragraph, good answer! I'm right with you on your second sentence. It's basically a part of my eschatology.

Second paragraph: At this age the resurrection body is almost always on my radar. Also, for years I've considered it every time I have to drive or travel these days. A body of light or some kind of different physics to be above and out of the madness seems beyond wondrous.

Third: Completely agree. I was involved in some pretty focused local community legislation discussions some years ago and was also deep in certain studies at the time. I recall trying to tell people that it was clear to me that God was increasingly judging and turning people over to their "worthless' (reprobate) minds per Romans 1 and we should be concerned with this. I recall telling them it was clear it was going to worsen. As it worsened, I recall trying to explain how God controls the capacity for thought re: truth and it was clear He was pulling the reins tighter and people were going to get more and more stupid in regard to truth and reality. It's not surprising to me where we are now, but as you say, it's hard to watch and be exposed to it. We'll see where it goes...

Fourth: I'll watch for what sawdust says. I'm always listening for what our Lord says. Probably distracted here and there, but normally not apart from being aware I am.

Thanks for the comments!

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Noah wasn't in the water and lot wasn't in Sodom so not sure how you figure they were in the judgment.
Humans were dead by day 3 to 5 of the torrential rain but Noah was still in it for 40 days and nights.