Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You mean after they are saved and continue to sin?
I’m saying when he said “ he does believe in Limited atonement “ he’s meaning that just Jesus dying for everyone’s sins isn’t going to save everyone that they have to believe the gospel.

He’s basically saying what Paul said here

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved,

if ye keep in memory what I preached ( his doctrine he preached for three years anong then ) unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all ( just the first thing he preached to them ) that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

and that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: after that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:1-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

pauls identifying the foundation ( the first thing I preached to you ) of the gospel

Now what your saying when “they” continue to sin “ they are disciples of Jesus who came to save sinners who realize they are sinners

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We all still fall short sometines but his word is full of grace towards us because he loves us so they are his disciples and will be judged by his ways look for the principles of his word in the gospel “what he’s actually saying “

“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. ( he’s talking about mercy , forgiveness , non judgement of each other )

And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:35-41, 46-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Some People think the Ten Commandments are the law of liberty , what do you think James , a follower of Jesus was talking about ?

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I’m saying when he said “ he does believe in Limited atonement “ he’s meaning that just Jesus dying for everyone’s sins isn’t going to save everyone that they have to believe the gospel.

He’s basically saying what Paul said here

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved,

if ye keep in memory what I preached ( his doctrine he preached for three years anong then ) unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all ( just the first thing he preached to them ) that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

and that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: after that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:1-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

pauls identifying the foundation ( the first thing I preached to you ) of the gospel

Now what your saying when “they” continue to sin “ they are disciples of Jesus who came to save sinners who realize they are sinners

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We all still fall short sometines but his word is full of grace towards us because he loves us so they are his disciples and will be judged by his ways look for the principles of his word in the gospel “what he’s actually saying “

“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. ( he’s talking about mercy , forgiveness , non judgement of each other )

And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:35-41, 46-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Some People think the Ten Commandments are the law of liberty , what do you think James , a follower of Jesus was talking about ?

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬
And that's why I made my post like I did. He believes Jesus only died for this many people and not everyone.

But the verses I gave in rebuttal show all people are God's Offspring and from Creation God made a way for man to find Him. And when God said to Repent He specifically said to ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, not just a select few.

So that doctrine of Limited Atonement does not line up with how God dealt with His offspring and Commanded everyone to Repent.

It also shows us therefore Christ died for ALL of God's Offspring, not just some of them.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
And that's why I made my post like I did. He believes Jesus only died for this many people and not everyone.

But the verses I gave in rebuttal show all people are God's Offspring and from Creation God made a way for man to find Him. And when God said to Repent He specifically said to ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, not just a select few.

So that doctrine of Limited Atonement does not line up with how God dealt with His offspring and Commanded everyone to Repent.

It also shows us therefore Christ died for ALL of God's Offspring, not just some of them.
Speaking of God's offspring.

Look what Paul writes in Romans Chapter 4.

16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring

Paul shows us that ANYONE of God's Offspring can be saved. Which is ALL of Creation.

So Limited Atonement is a farce and outright LIE!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Speaking of God's offspring.

Look what Paul writes in Romans Chapter 4.

16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring

Paul shows us that ANYONE of God's Offspring can be saved. Which is ALL of Creation.

So Limited Atonement is a farce and outright LIE!
Isn't that a reference to Abraham's offspring...the children of promise.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Isn't that a reference to Abraham's offspring...the children of promise.
Sorry was watching some video from another thread.

13 For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world

Paul is addressing Gentiles who are offspring from God's Creation that are becoming offspring to Abraham.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Sorry

13 For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world

Paul is addressing Gentiles who are offspring from God's Creation that are becoming offspring to Abraham.
I don't think so. Read the language again. The promise is to all who believe.

Paul is addressing primarily faith versus the law, and not Jews versus Gentiles.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I don't think so. Read the language again. The promise is to all who believe.

Paul is addressing primarily faith versus the law, and not Jews versus Gentiles.
I meant Paul is writing to the Gentiles specifically here.

But I agree, God's Salvation is for all of His Offspring to become offspring of Abraham through Faith.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I meant Paul is writing to the Gentiles specifically here.

But I agree, God's Salvation is for all of His Offspring to become offspring of Abraham through Faith.
I still don't see all humanity being spoken of here. What phrase suggests all of mankind?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I still don't see all humanity being spoken of here. What phrase suggests all of mankind?
Here, Paul is specifically only speaking to the Romans. But we know this letter comes recently after what he preached in Acts. So I am looking at the whole viewpoint.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Here, Paul is specifically only speaking to the Romans. But we know this letter comes recently after what he preached in Acts. So I am looking at the whole viewpoint.
You can believe as you will, but this passage is a poor proof text for the inclusion of all humanity in salvation.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
You can believe as you will, but this passage is a poor proof text for the inclusion of all humanity in salvation.
It was the concept of Faith that led me to post this scripture and then I went further to merge God's Offspring that He commanded to Repent in Acts 17 to Romans 4. Those who would Repent clearly tie into Romans 4. But instead of taking the old post and creating a clear thought with Romans 4, I copy/pasted my post about Acts 17 and then attempted to further my thought with Romans 4 and failed miserably.

I should have just made a new post and merged thoughts rather than how I did it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Alright

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Of course he did

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

he died for the sins of the world not only believers that means they can be saved but they are the ones saying “ I know him but yet what does it says about thier actions ? It’s where the rubber meets the road

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Not to save themselves from God's wrath, but to save themselves from "this untoward generation". And as a result, they separated themselves henceforth unto the care of the apostles.

[Act 2:40-42 KJV]
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
I would have bolded a diffeeent section of veerse 43..[/QUOTE]

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.[

THey saved themselves by gldly believing the word and being baptised as a seal of their salvation by faith.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I would have bolded a diffeeent section of veerse 43..
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.[

THey saved themselves by gldly believing the word and being baptised as a seal of their salvation by faith.[/QUOTE]

“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls….. praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:41, 47‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:38-39‬ ‭

“For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:27-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I would have bolded a diffeeent section of veerse 43..

THey saved themselves by gldly believing the word and being baptised as a seal of their salvation by faith.[/QUOTE]

"They saved themselves". Guess your POV is pretty much summed up with those three words. Actually, no surprise there.
Well, so much for Christ as the Saviour (at least in your mind).
Okay, based upon your statement, no need to discuss this further.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Christ died for ALL of God's Offspring, not just some of them.

he said that in the post you replied to . He died for all but only believers will be saved

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
I do not understand how this concept alludes them.[/QUOYE]

You mean "eludes them".

They want to be able to have something to boast about so bad
No.

that they can't give God all the Glory He is due.
No

They think "they" get to own there decision/choice
Yes.

when His word they claim to hold to so strictly tells us very clearly that ALL the glory belongs to Him
Yes.

and we can't even seek God without being drawn by Him.
True.

It's like this thread of ego and blindness just won't break.
Concentrate on the plank in your own eye first.

They hate to hear God gets the glory for that choice they think they made outside His power.

Noy so.

They seem to get mad about it.
Not so.