Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Often I wish people would add a bit more commentary to the biblical texts they cite, to make it clear what they personally believe the texts mean, because clearly the same texts mean different things to different people. It's hard to tell sometimes whether the poster is agreeing with me or disagreeinhg.
just posting scriptures to support your point[/QUOTE]
I couldn't tell whether you were in support or correcting me.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It absolutely does and it is the only way, scripture makes it very clear

1 John 1:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
doesnt john explain this also ?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:8-10‬ ‭

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
Romans 7:24 - 8:17 contradicts you.

I agree.
No it's more like you are wrestling with scripture because you don't understand the new birth

It's good you agree but then you turn around and pretend you have to deal with it through your life, but you admit it you can't be born again until it is dealt with.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
just posting scriptures to support your point
I couldn't tell whether you were in support or correcting me.[/QUOTE]
I don’t think I’ve ever tried to correct you brother or really disagreed with you regarding the Bible sometimes I guess I. Trying to offer an additional thought to what you said or show more of the scripture you used .

honestly though I outta stay out of other peoples talks when i read through it gives me thoughts so I shouldn’t

i apologize Paul you are handle things well yourself

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Its sad how readily you reject any scriptures that don't fit a catechism written by men. And you are strawmanning here. I believe ALL the Bible, which says that Jesus is the Saviour and also says we need to save ourselves from the untoward generation we live among by believing in the Saviour.
[Act 13:48 KJV] 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.[/QUOTE]
Scripture of truth did not say " and as many as were ordained to eternal life will believe." Scripture is clear, that this is not about pre-ordained but those who have eternal life are those who have believed.

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
doesnt john explain this also ?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:8-10‬ ‭

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Of course, all have sinned.... so there goes our righteousness. but Jesus came to save sinners, so all qualify

But it is the righteousness of Jesus, that is why it is a gift, its not our righteousness

What about yourself, do you look to who you are in Christ or would you rather try and revive a dead man and talk about him

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
[Act 13:48 KJV] 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Scripture of truth did not say " and as many as were ordained to eternal life will believe." Scripture is clear, that this is not about pre-ordained but those who have eternal life are those who have believed.[/QUOTE]

He was referring to a specific event which had just occurred. From/by that, he revealed a biblical doctrine with
significance to all. All ordained to eternal life will/must come to believe.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Scripture of truth did not say " and as many as were ordained to eternal life will believe." Scripture is clear, that this is not about pre-ordained but those who have eternal life are those who have believed.
He was referring to a specific event which had just occurred. From/by that, he revealed a biblical doctrine with
significance to all. All ordained to eternal life will/must come to believe.[/QUOTE]
Nop, the scriptures didn't say "will/must believe", the clear one is "believed" (past)

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
significance to all. All ordained to eternal life will/must come to believe.
Nop, the scriptures didn't say "will/must believe", the clear one is "believed" (past)[/QUOTE]

So then you agree they were ordained to eternal life before they believed?

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Nop, the scriptures didn't say "will/must believe", the clear one is "believed" (past)
So then you agree they were ordained to eternal life before they believed?[/QUOTE]
I agree. They had been ordained to eternal life by believing the gospel before they then heard and believed Paul's report of God's commissioning him to go to the Gentiles.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
These Verses (below) prove Limited Atonement is a LIE from the pits of HELL:

26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth,
having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,

27 that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us,

28 for“‘In him we live and move and have our being’;
as even some of your own poets have said,

“‘For we are indeed his offspring.’

29 Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is
like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.

30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent

From Acts 17:26 - 28

Acts 17:30
:)

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
No it's more like you are wrestling with scripture because you don't understand the new birth

It's good you agree but then you turn around and pretend you have to deal with it through your life, but you admit it you can't be born again until it is dealt with.
What do those "it"s refer to?

I understand the new birth.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
It absolutely does and it is the only way, scripture makes it very clear

1 John 1:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
No one is born of God just because Jesus died for them and took away their sins and reconciled them to God. We are born again by receiving a new spirit after we put our trust in the One who died for our sins.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Some are not children of God but of the devil.

John 1:11 - 13

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
I understand the new birth.
If you could explain it i would believe you but you cant explain something you don't know.

What do those "it"s refer to?
Ok wow...I said "You can't be born again until your sin has been dealt with, and you can't pay for it yourself"

You said " I agree"

I said "It's good you agree but then you turn around and pretend you have to deal with it through your life, but you admit it you can't be born again until it is dealt with. "

So It's good you agree...that sin has to be dealt with before you are born again.... but then you turn around and pretend you have to deal with sin throughout your life, but you admit you can't be born again until sin is dealt with.

Hopefully you see your position and that's why I said you don't understand the new birth because you cant explain it

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Acts 13:48 is not a doctrine like Roger wants to make it but it definitely signifies Paul's Calling to the Gentiles.

Look at Peter and Cornelius in Acts 10. Gentiles saved but no mention they were ordained before they heard the Gospel.

Look at Paul to Romans, Corinthians, Ephesians, Galatians, Thessalonians, etc...no mention of any of them ordained before hearing the Gospel.

So Acts 13:48 is a ONE TIME Event to prove Paul was the Apostle to preach and reach the Gentiles.

Kind of reminds me of the Blind Man whose parents nor him sinned but was Blind for Jesus to get Glory.

One Time event.

No grounds for a Doctrine because it NEVER happens again.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The shed righteous blood of Jesus Christ is sufficient for all but
efficacious only unto those who believe by grace through faith.

Acts 10:43~ All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name.
:)

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
No one is born of God just because Jesus died for them and took away their sins and reconciled them to God. We are born again by receiving a new spirit after we put our trust in the One who died for our sins.
It is because Jesus took away our sins that God can become one with us, The spirit that Christians receive is the Spirit of Christ, if not that Spirit you are not a child of God

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.