The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
All of the bible which is the Law and Prophets hangs on Love.
Are you allowed to change scripture under the Law?

Jesus said "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

He did not say "..hang on love". He said "..hang on these two commandments."

He then said "A new commandment I give to you: Love one another as I have loved you."

The old is passing away because those under the law are passing away: the unrighteous.

The new is for those who live by the Spirit.

BUT, I digress. Delusion and blindness are at work in your cult's teachings. You will have to call on the Lord to show you mercy. He will then lift the blindness from your eyes.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
You can try to enter into your rest every seventh day to overcome the world, but I have already entered into His rest because He has already overcome the world.
These are the same cats who say obedience to the Law = intimacy with God and getting to spend time with Him. Such nonsense.

In Christ He, by the Spirit, is literally is in you and you are in Him. He is the mind, will, and emotion of your spirit. "Spend time with Him..." how moronic.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Look back at my last post real quick . Do you see how you have addressed absolutely nothing that is plainly in those scriptures ????

thats my only value in this forum each of us has something to contribute , for some reason not known to me Godbhas given me a tiny bit of ability to notice things in his word .

I’m not a teacher or great explainer of things that aren’t there my value is very limited . I’m saying this not because I think I’m something special or anything but others here have gifts also that are more on line with what your wanting to explain things to you I don’t have that part I’m just a sheep hoping the lord sees fit to save my scrawny pitiful soul from death ….so I’ve decided to look at the saviors word and ( just my opinion ) that’s where God speaks to believers in him

It’s just a thought not me coming against you . My only intention was to share those verses with you in hopes you might read them and consoder what it is they are actually saying

i don’t now or will o mean to offend you or argue for the sake of arguing I think those scriptures I shared have a lot of value for someone who considers what they say
You are very kind.

In this case, I like what Paul wrote: specifically about grace and faith vs the law:

"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed."

This is not Paul cursing anyone. This is letting the natural consequence of the Law take hold of the ones who claim the law must be followed.

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

Dec 13, 2023
Nothing was changed

Mat 24:37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

The bible is the law and Prophets it all hangs on love- love to God love to neighbor.

I'll ignore the name-calling and chalk it up as more spiritual growth and love needed.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Does someone with faith believe the teachings of Jesus and do them, or just hear them and not do them James 1:22 Rev 22:14 Isa 56:1-6

Jesus in His own Words tells us to live (do) His every Word. Mat 4:4

My understanding is faith is active and not passive, which leads us to establish the law Rom 3:31 and according to scripture His saints (saved) keep both the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. Its not just faith in Jesus but we need the faith of Jesus.

What faith did Jesus have? Was He a hearer only, or did He also do His Fathers will and keep all of the commandments John 15:10 and is our example to follow 1 John 2:6
Does someone with faith believe the teachings of Jesus and do them

they learn to hear them and receive faith in order to do them they come here to the torture they knew from the mosaic law

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:14-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

because

“And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, And every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: For all shall know me, From the least to the greatest.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭8:11‬ ‭

When a believer comes to Jesus they need to hear him that will lead them home because as they do that they hear faith and learn about doing what they heard so let’s say I think as a believer “ I don’t need to do it just hear it “ as I’m hearing I hear

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:46-49‬ ‭KJV‬‬

there’s a reason that’s so n the form it’s in and doesn’t just say what James said plainly James is affirming this sayong of heist but believers will begin to hear it as they abide in Christ believing and listening for many years a believer may not form the right hearing to hear it but that’s because God knows they aren’t ready for that step and isn’t going to overload us so we perish

faith is different from this

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It sounds like this instead

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; ( saved by faith and his promise to believers )

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

On one hand if I myself am holy and keep every commandment and ordinance Moses gave in his book of the law and never once mess up I’m justified before God but if o ever make a mistake when I’m found to be imperfect

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Versus faith in him and his words of life and truth and spirit believing the gospel he sent out to all creatures for thier everlasting salvation

awe just put our faith in Jesus and then listen to what our God has said as we do that he teaches us to repent and o ey him but allows us grace and mercy to abide with him until then

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Nothing was changed

Mat 24:37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

The bible is the law and Prophets it all hangs on love- love to God love to neighbor.

I'll ignore the name-calling and chalk it up as more spiritual growth and love needed.
Look though this is your word

“Nothing was changed”

This is what people are telling you that’s in Gods word

“For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7:12, 15-16, 18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a notice when the commandments were given he said “ keep fer away or I’ll destroy you all don’t come near me “

when he preached the gospel he said “ come all close and here me and live “

your conclusions “ nothing changed” “ the law the law “

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You are very kind.

In this case, I like what Paul wrote: specifically about grace and faith vs the law:

"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed."

This is not Paul cursing anyone. This is letting the natural consequence of the Law take hold of the ones who claim the law must be followed.

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”
Sabbath blessing Aaron is one of those with a gift to explain things and the patience to bear fruit and not argue

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Are you allowed to change scripture under the Law?

Jesus said "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

He did not say "..hang on love". He said "..hang on these two commandments."

He then said "A new commandment I give to you: Love one another as I have loved you."

The old is passing away because those under the law are passing away: the unrighteous.

The new is for those who live by the Spirit.

BUT, I digress. Delusion and blindness are at work in your cult's teachings. You will have to call on the Lord to show you mercy. He will then lift the blindness from your eyes.
You certainly have all my support.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Sabbath blessing Aaron is one of those with a gift to explain things and the patience to bear fruit and not argue
So what if he is sharing a false doctrine? Buddhists are very patient and willing to explain their views to anyone who will listen. At least Buddhists do not present "another Christ" as part of their beliefs.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Nothing was changed

Right love people and you won’t kill them cheat them steal from them ….ect it’s a result of the truth not the way we get there just look to Jesus and he’ll shave away ehats not necassary if we hear him we can trust Jesus he was inside the cloud not outside where they heard the tru pets and were terrified and said “ if we listen to God well surely die !!

a look at the other covenant when God declares come near and hear me and live

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
So what if he is sharing a false doctrine? Buddhists are very patient and willing to explain their views to anyone who will listen. At least Buddhists do not present "another Christ" as part of their beliefs.
It’s a gift brother your exactly right ot isn’t even false doctrine beong spread it’s just misunderstanding and that some flowers are about to bloom others are bout to die and some are just seeds in the ground yet because they need someone to drip some water upon them so the light can do it’s work

“And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.

For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself;

first the blade,

then the ear,

after that the full corn in the ear.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭4:26-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

just a maturation process on the new understanding God relayed

Dec 13, 2023
Look though this is your word

“Nothing was changed”

This is what people are telling you that’s in Gods word

“For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7:12, 15-16, 18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a notice when the commandments were given he said “ keep fer away or I’ll destroy you all don’t come near me “

when he preached the gospel he said “ come all close and here me and live “

your conclusions “ nothing changed” “ the law the law “

I never said "nothing changed" I said in Heb 7 it talks about the "law" that changed and that was the priesthood, because the law stated the priest needed to come from the tribe of Levi, but Jesus came from the tribe of Judea. Do you see why that law- the priesthood- needed to be changed in order for Jesus to be our High Priest? Which is the context.

It talks about the law of fleshy commandments- which is Col 2:14 Esp 3:15 which are the commandments contained in ordinances. What laws are these that were under the Levitical priesthood.... the context tells us

Hebrews 7: 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

So its referring to the animal sacrifices under the Levitical priesthood, that their blood made nothing perfect and could not take away sins. It was always just a placeholder for Christ who's blood can cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness.

Hebrews 10:4 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.

7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”[a]
8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

With the death of Christ He became our High Priest so no more animal sacrifices for sin, we can now go directly to Jesus when we sin, but when He cleanses He says go and sin no more.

Sin is still the same in the OT as it is in the NT.

Breaking any of the Ten Commandments

1 John 3:4 4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

Romans 7:7 7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”

Jesus came to save us from our sins, not in sin, and why He teaching not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments because in doing so one would be in fear of sin and Judgement. Mat 5:19-30

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I never said "nothing changed" I said in Heb 7 it talks about the "law" that changed and that was the priesthood, because the law stated the priest needed to come from the tribe of Levi, but Jesus came from the tribe of Judea. Do you see what that law- the priesthood needed to be changed? Which is the context.

It talks about the law of fleshy commandments- which is Col 2:14 Esp 3:15 which are the commandments contained in ordinances. What laws are these that were under the Levitical priesthood.... the context tells us

Hebrews 7: 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

So its referring to the animal sacrifices under the Levitical priesthood, that their blood made nothing perfect and could not take away sins. It was always just a placeholder for Christ who's blood can cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness.

Hebrews 10:4 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.

7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”[a]
8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

With the death of Christ He became our High Priest so no more animal sacrifices for sin, we can now go directly to Jesus when we sin, but when He cleanses He says go and sin no more.

Sin is still the same in the OT as it is in the NT.

Breaking any of the Ten Commandments

1 John 3:4 4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

Romans 7:7 7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”

Jesus came to save us from our sins, not in sin, and why He teaching not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments because in doing so one would be in fear of sin and Judgement. Mat 5:19-30
I had pulled tbat quote from your words I’m sorry I thought you had said that” nothing has been changed “ was just showing you the word of God says everything has changed including the law and commandment

Dec 13, 2023
There is a simple test in scripture to know if we should listen to one or not because Jesus said "many" will come in His name teaching us doctrines that will only deceive us.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Dec 13, 2023
I had pulled tbat quote from your words I’m sorry I thought you had said that” nothing has been changed “ was just showing you the word of God says everything has changed including the law and commandment
I never said that, other than to the context I was referring to

There are changes but not as drastic as people want to believe.

The New Covenant is based on Better Promises Heb 8:6
Jesus is our High Priest, No more human priesthood
Jesus is our Advocate, when Satan goes to accuse us
God is the one doing in the NC instead of the people doing Exo 19:7- He writes His law in our hearts and enables to keep when we don't rebel against them. Rom 8:7-8
No more animal sacrifices Heb 10:1-22
The blood of Jesus can cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness 1 John 1:9
When He heals He says go and sin no more and gives us the power to do so John 14:15-18

God is so good! :love:

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
No one enters His rest by being in rebellion to His commandments. In His rest there is no rebellion to Him or His commandments, just peace Isa 48:18.

Many of the Israelites never entered their rest into Canaan because they also rebelled against the Sabbath commandment Eze 20:21 Eze 20:13 something we are warned not to follow after their same path of disobedience Heb 4:6 Heb 4:11
They did not enter for reason of unbelief of God's character to care for them even in the face of abundant evidence of His continual care (the love that comes from Him rather than that which came from them), which amounts to a whole lot of disobedience as much as God continually displayed his care.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
He was defending and commending you.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
These are the same cats who say obedience to the Law = intimacy with God and getting to spend time with Him. Such nonsense.

In Christ He, by the Spirit, is literally is in you and you are in Him. He is the mind, will, and emotion of your spirit. "Spend time with Him..." how moronic.
Seriously, 'set aside a day for Him' ... thank you for the offer, but we abide in Him. :love:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There is a simple test in scripture to know if we should listen to one or not because Jesus said "many" will come in His name teaching us doctrines that will only deceive us.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Yeah but it still says this and you still won’t adress it

“If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did;( a better Hope than the law of Moses has been given a better covenant with a different law that isn’t the one coming under the levites of Moses )

by the which we draw nigh unto God. By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7:11-12, 18-19, 22, 25, 28‬ ‭

you seem to not be able to hear my argument to you try discussing with some others maybe it’s just all the scripture I use confusing you though it seems reletivwly plain and sort of like you just won’t hear it

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. ( we dont want to be in this cursed group )

…Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, ( we don’t want this mediation God to an angel to Moses to the people )

but God is one.( we want this mediation father son Holy Ghost )

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10-12, 19-20, 23‬

“Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:( John )

and the Lord, whom ye seek,( Jesus ) shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, Which shall prepare thy way before thee. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:2, 4, 14-15‬ ‭

everythong is being made new because the people are being baptized for remission of all tbier sins imputed by the law now they are about to receive the covenant spoken by the lord