The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I never said that, other than to the context I was referring to

There are changes but not as drastic as people want to believe.

The New Covenant is based on Better Promises Heb 8:6
Jesus is our High Priest, No more human priesthood
Jesus is our Advocate, when Satan goes to accuse us
God is the one doing in the NC instead of the people doing Exo 19:7- He writes His law in our hearts and enables to keep when we don't rebel against them. Rom 8:7-8
No more animal sacrifices Heb 10:1-22
The blood of Jesus can cleanse us of all sin and unrighteousness 1 John 1:9
When He heals He says go and sin no more and gives us the power to do so John 14:15-18

God is so good! :love:
He surely is good !!!too good to impute the law of Moses on everyone and kill them lol

but why does it tell us everything that changed and say the law also changed ? Because it didn’t change or ?

Dec 13, 2023
They did not enter for reason of unbelief of God's character to care for them even in the face of abundant evidence of His continual care (the love that comes from Him rather than that which came from them), which amounts to a whole lot of disobedience as much as God continually displayed his care.
Unbelief is disobedience. Why its interchangeable in Heb 4:6. You might also want to read Eze 20:12 and Eze 20:21. The Ten Commanemtns were repeated 40 years later before the Israelites entered into Canaan (which is a type of heaven) for them to diligently keep.

Just like God tells us to keep so we can enter into our eternal rest in Christ Rev 22:14

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who [a]do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

In Christ rest there is no rebellion to Him or His commandments.

Isaiah 48:18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Dec 13, 2023
Only God knows who is teaching false doctrine or not. There's tests in scripture like 1 John 2:3-4 Isa 8:20 , Many so called believers got it so wrong with Jesus that they even crucified Him. Best to leave that in His hands, there is nothing we can hide from Him.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.
14 For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There is a simple test in scripture to know if we should listen to one or not because Jesus said "many" will come in His name teaching us doctrines that will only deceive us.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Yes your confusing Jesus and Moses Jesus preached the gospel he was born in Bethlehem bout 2000 years ago . Before you start o eying him you may want to learn what he was preaching and tbat it wasn’t the law of Moses

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we dont want this but I think this is your plank

“and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:13-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

When you read the Bible there’s an order Jesus is above all his words are special

He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. ( Moses mediation is moot now everything begins and ends with Jesus and his testimony )

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:31-36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Dec 13, 2023
Yes your confusing Jesus and Moses Jesus preached the gospel he was born in Bethlehem bout 2000 years ago . Before you start o eying him you may want to learn what he was preaching and tbat it wasn’t the law of Moses

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we dont want this but I think this is your plank

“and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:13-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

When you read the Bible there’s an order Jesus is above all his words are special

He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. ( Moses mediation is moot now everything begins and ends with Jesus and his testimony )

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:31-36‬ ‭KJV‬‬
So Moses wrote the Ten Commandments? Its the work of Moses? Its the covenant of Moses? Moses wrote what is in heaven Rev 11:19 before he was born that condemned Lucifer 1 John 3:8 Heb 4:15 When did Moses become God?

Please share these scriptures, because in my bible it all gives the Glory to God on the Ten Commandments as does Jesus Mat 15:3-14 . Is Jesus wrong to call the Ten the commandments of God and not the commandments of Moses. When did "My" (God) commandments Exo 20:6 turn into Moses being God. I am pretty sure Moses is not God, but was a servant of God.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Only God knows who is teaching false doctrine or not. There's tests in scripture like 1 John 2:3-4 Isa 8:20 , Many so called believers got it so wrong with Jesus that they even crucified Him. Best to leave that in His hands, there is nothing we can hide from Him.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.
14 For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.
“And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭31:26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭

Dec 13, 2023
“Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭31:26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.”

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭
What are you trying to prove here, if anything these help my argument.

The law of Moses was placed outside the ark. What was placed inside? Who wrote what was placed inside? What is that covenant called? What did Jesus call it?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Everyone who followed Moses died in the desert. Everyone who follows Christ lives.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
So Moses wrote the Ten Commandments? Its the work of Moses? Its the covenant of Moses? Moses wrote what is in heaven Rev 11:19 before he was born that condemned Lucifer 1 John 3:8 Heb 4:15 When did Moses become God?

Please share these scriptures, because in my bible it all gives the Glory to God on the Ten Commandments as does Jesus Mat 15:3-14 . Is Jesus wrong to call the Ten the commandments of God and not the commandments of Moses. When did "My" (God) commandments Exo 20:6 turn into Moses being God.
Your recycling the same circular arguments “ God wrote the commandments therefore he can’t change them “

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He said “ he would make another covenant not according to the one he made with them then “

Your argument is that God wrote them no one has disagreed your not hearing what it says he said he would make a new covenant with them not according to the first he made with them

moses didn’t preach the gospel Jesus didn’t preach the law . He only told people that belong to that covenant already that they needed to keep it because they were of that line of the fethers and until Jesus died his words didn’t take effect over Moses words you need to look at when Jesus died all his words became the covenant

“For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:16-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He actually says at the end “ according to all these words in the law “

The point is moses word was consecrated by animal blood Jesus came and spoke his word then shed his own blood to remit the old testaments accusations against us

Dec 13, 2023
Your recycling the same circular arguments “ God wrote the commandments therefore he can’t change them “

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He said “ he would make another covenant not according to the one he made with them then “

Your argument is that God wrote them no one has disagreed your not hearing what it says he said he would make a new covenant with them not according to the first he made with them

moses didn’t preach the gospel Jesus didn’t preach the law . He only told people that belong to that covenant already that they needed to keep it because they were of that line of the fethers and until Jesus died his words didn’t take effect over Moses words you need to look at when Jesus died all his words became the covenant

“For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:16-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He actually says at the end “ according to all these words in the law “

The point is moses word was consecrated by animal blood Jesus came and spoke his word then shed his own blood to remit the old testaments accusations against us
We have been through this before- its not the same covenant, its based on better promises Heb 8:6 as outlined with scripture previously. I don't think going through this a second time is going to help. Guess we will have to agree to disagree. God bless!

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
There is a simple test in scripture to know if we should listen to one or not because Jesus said "many" will come in His name teaching us doctrines that will only deceive us.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Actually, the test goes deeper than offered above. The true depth of the test is whether or not a person Loves others with the same Love that God has for His Son, Jesus. Do we Love others as we love ourselves? Do we make others more important than ourselves? Do we Love our enemies? And most of all, do we Love our own family members, for Peter taught that a person who does not Love their own flesh and blood, they are worse than unbelievers.

That, as far as I am able to determine, is the best Spiritual test to determine if self, and if others, possess the Spirit of Christ.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We have been through this before- its not the same covenant, its based on better promises Heb 8:6 as outlined with scripture previously. I don't think going through this a second time is going to help. Guess we will have to agree to disagree. God bless!
yeah toy make a promise with what you say lol a covenant is based solely on what God said to a man or in that case a nation the words are the promises that’s the point

The whole covenant is new from the word to the blood to the one who spoke the mediation of God word and yes what he said is totally different it’s better far better in every way

youe just confused by Moses words rather than looking from Christs words

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Please share these scriptures, because in my bible it all gives the Glory to God on the Ten Commandments as does Jesus Mat 15:3-14 . Is Jesus wrong to call the Ten the commandments of God and not the commandments of Moses. When did "My" (God) commandments Exo 20:6 turn into Moses being God. I am pretty sure Moses is not God, but was a servant of God.
“So Moses wrote the Ten Commandments? Its the work of Moses? Its the covenant of Moses?”

Moses was the mediator lol

“And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That is there so we can recognize when the new covenant was being given and who the mediator is

“And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee; From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:2, 12, 17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Moses words are what is called the book of the law , it’s also called the book of Moses or Moses law

airs not called tbat because Moses is God but because Moses was the one mediator chosen first by God and then by the people

we have a different mediation a different mediator that means the word is e word of the mediator ot was Moses words in tbe ot it’s Jesus words in the new

they don’t go together one is meant to bring us into the other and then be left behind like ishmael was left off from Abraham’s house but I showed you that allegory also and it didn’t make a dent lol

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
yeah toy make a promise with what you say lol a covenant is based solely on what God said to a man or in that case a nation the words are the promises that’s the point

The whole covenant is new from the word to the blood to the one who spoke the mediation of God word and yes what he said is totally different it’s better far better in every way

youe just confused by Moses words rather than looking from Christs words
The program just alerted me that Pilgrimshope quoted me but clicking the link brought me to this post where I can clearly see that he had quoted SB. I see now how I have been missing some replies and only happening to catch by chance. Just an fyi in case anyone else is experiencing any similar event. I don't mean to ignore anyone. Well, that is, unless I do. :LOL:

Dec 13, 2023
Benny Hinn doesn't know that he's a false teacher? True Children of God are unable to make such Judgments?
As stated there's test in scripture to let us know, and if we believe the teachings of Jesus like John 14:15 Mat 15:3-15 Mat 19:17-19 Mat 5:17-30 and follow His exmaple, its one way not to be deceived. Other than that God knows and nothing we can hide from Him.