Do you listen to podcasts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
I love listening to podcasts. They give me insight in the World we live in, they challenge me, they deepen my understanding and I have noticed it also builds a stronger foundation for my faith.

We here in Norway have a theology podcast I love. It takes one Christian author from each century and one of the books or text he sometimes also she) has written. One episode per week and two weeks on each author. I have learnt more about Augustine and St Benedict and so many others.. Names I have always known, and read about as a under graduate at University. Now, through this series, they come alive and I notice my faith grows deeper and have stronger roots. To be part of a 2000 year long discourse in Christ, and being part of the same body of Christ through millenium is just mind blowing. I also listen to a series on CS Lewis that I really enjoy as well. https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2NzbGV3aXMvZmVlZC54bWw?ep=14

Do you have any podcasts you would like to share?

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
I used to be a really regular podcast listener, now it's a bit more occasional. Here are just some that I've listened to (with varying degrees of regularity).

Reasonable Faith
Unbelievable?
Virtue In the Wasteland
The Rest Is History
Issues, Etc
Ask NT Wright Anything
Stand to Reason

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
I know unbelievable and Ask NT Wright. They are both at premier, right? The others i have to check out. Kiitoksia :)

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
Yes. But I don't think either one of those two have produced new episodes since Justin Brierley left Premier. Regarding the others, "The Rest Is History" is not a Christian podcast, although one of the hosts (Tom Holland - the historian, not the Spiderman actor) seems to have come pretty close to becoming a Christian if he isn't one already.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
A podcast is like a steak. It can be wonderful, rough going or absolutely worthless, depending on which one you pick.

Does a drybar comedy podcast count?

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
Yes. But I don't think either one of those two have produced new episodes since Justin Brierley left Premier. Regarding the others, "The Rest Is History" is not a Christian podcast, although one of the hosts (Tom Holland - the historian, not the Spiderman actor) seems to have come pretty close to becoming a Christian if he isn't one already.
Do you have any Finnish speaking podcast recommendations? I follow some finlands-svenska, but not suomenkielisia.

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
A podcast is like a steak. It can be wonderful, rough going or absolutely worthless, depending on which one you pick.

Does a drybar comedy podcast count?
Doesn't it?

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
Do you have any Finnish speaking podcast recommendations? I follow some finlands-svenska, but not suomenkielisia.
I do less of my podcast listening in Finnish, and those that I do listen to in Finnish tend to be on politics, social issues, etc. The only exception that I can think of right away would be this one that deals with various issues in philosophy, theology and apologetics: https://soundcloud.com/user-605761881 and I haven't listened to enough of their episodes to completely make up my mind about it, but it may be worth checking out if you're interested in those topics.

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
I do less of my podcast listening in Finnish, and those that I do listen to in Finnish tend to be on politics, social issues, etc. The only exception that I can think of right away would be this one that deals with various issues in philosophy, theology and apologetics: https://soundcloud.com/user-605761881 and I haven't listened to enough of their episodes to completely make up my mind about it, but it may be worth checking out if you're interested in those topics.
I like politics too :), although I haven't been following Finnish society so closely the latter years

icequeen

Nov 8, 2019
I think of a CS Lewis quote when I listen to podcasts. "We read to know we are not alone". But I apply it to listening instead

May 13, 2024
I love listening to podcasts. They give me insight in the World we live in, they challenge me, they deepen my understanding and I have noticed it also builds a stronger foundation for my faith.

We here in Norway have a theology podcast I love. It takes one Christian author from each century and one of the books or text he sometimes also she) has written. One episode per week and two weeks on each author. I have learnt more about Augustine and St Benedict and so many others.. Names I have always known, and read about as a under graduate at University. Now, through this series, they come alive and I notice my faith grows deeper and have stronger roots. To be part of a 2000 year long discourse in Christ, and being part of the same body of Christ through millenium is just mind blowing. I also listen to a series on CS Lewis that I really enjoy as well. https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2NzbGV3aXMvZmVlZC54bWw?ep=14

Bible Project Podcasts... lots of topics and interesting things to consider
https://bibleproject.com/podcasts/the-bible-project-podcast/

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
LOL
I occasionally listen to Anna Elise 10- life....a true crime podcast that discusses those who commit murder/torture and how they try to get away with it....

Sometimes it's a crime of opportunity by deranged individuals and some are highly premeditated....it's a variety.

People do their people thing. Some are really twisted biscuits.

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
I’m listening to podcasts whenever I’m driving. Usually about PTSD and how to cope with it.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023

No.
Too much trash and opinions and lies to sort through.
Time would be better spent in prayer and study of Scripture.

May 27, 2024

Do you have a description or name instead? Sounds interesting but Google podcasts is defunct.

Also, I have listened to some thoughtful episodes of the Cold Case Christianity podcast.

Otherwise I listen to a lot of political and entertainment- based podcasts.

Political:
The Rubin Report is hosted by a gay man but it's easy to forget since he has a lot of thoughtful, conservative things to say. He will even rail against the transgender indoctrination of children with you.

God introduced me to the TV show Monk (available on Peacock and still played on live TV in reruns) and taught me lots of things through it, so I consequently have listened to a lot of Monk and Tony Shalhoub- themed podcast. (Tony, a Christian, plays Monk.) Here are my favs.

Monk Podcasts:
The Junk Monk Podcast.
No Funkin' Simply Monkin'
The Randy Disher Podcast (Hosted by Jason Gray-Stanford who was on the show).

Tony Shalhoub podcasts:
The Clam by Amanda Quaid (A fun little story but only 1 episode)
Tony Shalhoub Episode of Bullseye with Jesse Thorn (NPR)
Tony Shalhoub Episode of Fresh Air (NPR)
Not a podcast, but also catch him on the TV show "Finding Your Roots" if you have a PBS streaming subscription. His family went through a lot!

Misc. Other podcasts:
Freakaomics
Masters of Scale
Chasing Life (A health/medicine podcast)
Fake Doctors, Real Friends (A delight, but only for the first few episodes for before the corresponding show 'Scrubs' got too dirty.)

Nov 8, 2019
Do you have a description or name instead? Sounds interesting but Google podcasts is defunct.

Also, I have listened to some thoughtful episodes of the Cold Case Christianity podcast.

Otherwise I listen to a lot of political and entertainment- based podcasts.

Political:
The Rubin Report is hosted by a gay man but it's easy to forget since he has a lot of thoughtful, conservative things to say. He will even rail against the transgender indoctrination of children with you.

God introduced me to the TV show Monk (available on Peacock and still played on live TV in reruns) and taught me lots of things through it, so I consequently have listened to a lot of Monk and Tony Shalhoub- themed podcast. (Tony, a Christian, plays Monk.) Here are my favs.

Monk Podcasts:
The Junk Monk Podcast.
No Funkin' Simply Monkin'
The Randy Disher Podcast (Hosted by Jason Gray-Stanford who was on the show).

Tony Shalhoub podcasts:
The Clam by Amanda Quaid (A fun little story but only 1 episode)
Tony Shalhoub Episode of Bullseye with Jesse Thorn (NPR)
Tony Shalhoub Episode of Fresh Air (NPR)
Not a podcast, but also catch him on the TV show "Finding Your Roots" if you have a PBS streaming subscription. His family went through a lot!

Misc. Other podcasts:
Freakaomics
Masters of Scale
Chasing Life (A health/medicine podcast)
Fake Doctors, Real Friends (A delight, but only for the first few episodes for before the corresponding show 'Scrubs' got too dirty.)
Thanks for this long list. I will check some of them out.