Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 7, 2024
No I didn't ask you if a person could be saved without God. I'm asking if a person can be saved without a priest or pastor, or even a Bible,
I know what you asked the first time and the answer is the same, God did say you need a Priest or Pastor to be saved. He never said you need a bible, that's not required of sheep

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
I know what you asked the first time and the answer is the same, God did say you need a Priest or Pastor to be saved. He never said you need a bible, that's not required of sheep

So any person who died without a pastor/priest died in sin. So when the Bible says call on the name of the Lord and be saved, it's lying.

Mar 7, 2024
Why would God open the eyes of those He made for destruction? He wouldn't according to you two.
I'm not God, so I don't know who He elected to save before He created the world. That's His business and nobody has a right to demand He reveal it to them. Witchcraft was invented to try and find out what God has hidden, so we know that God hates those who try to get into His private business, He casts them into the lake of fire

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
I'm not God, so I don't know who He elected to save before He created the world. That's His business and nobody has a right to demand He reveal it to them. Witchcraft was invented to try and find out what God has hidden, so we know that God hates those who try to get into His private business, He casts them into the lake of fire
Ok so what do you do with this verse. Just rip it out?

“But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign LORD who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves.” – 1 Peter 2:1

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021

“But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign LORD who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves.” – 1 Peter 2:1
Think you meant 2 Peter 2:1

[2Pe 2:1 KJV] 1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Think you meant 2 Peter 2:1

[2Pe 2:1 KJV] 1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
My bad, not enough time to change a post sometimes. Thank you. So how do you consider this verse?

Mar 7, 2024
So any person who died without a pastor/priest died in sin. So when the Bible says call on the name of the Lord and be saved, it's lying.
Everyone had a preacher, God sent His men in every age to preach the gospel of salvation. Even people from isolated parts of the world gave testimonies of Angels appearing to them with the gospel message. And apart from that God is still sovereign in salvation, so He is able to save people from every age.

But those who have heard the gospel are without excuse, because they are not under the same covenant as the ancient people.

Here's a little verse suggesting one needs a Minister.

Roman 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent?

Mar 7, 2024

That verse proves that one must be an Elect of God, because His Sheep hear His voice. The rouge sheep will be deceived every time, because the enemy is vastly superior and infinitely more wise than any man. Nobody escapes the enemy, unless God rescues them out of bondage to him.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
My bad, not enough time to change a post sometimes. Thank you. So how do you consider this verse?
No problem. It's been a while since I really read it, but off the top, and as I recall, I believe the ones who fall under the "bought them" category, are the elect.

[2Pe 2:9 KJV] 9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
No problem. It's been a while since I really read it, but off the top, and as I recall, I believe the ones who fall under the "bought them" category, are the elect.

[2Pe 2:9 KJV] 9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Humm thanks for the answer, perhaps I should start a thread on this verse. Interesting.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
All mankind needs the power of death in his life removed ,because in all life in all men is his life First and foremost.

everything-johncalvin.png

Mar 7, 2024
All mankind needs the power of death in his life removed ,because in all life in all men is his life First and foremost.

View attachment 262990
What type of life are you referring to. Is it biological or spiritual life, these are very different from each other. Science doesn't accept that spiritual life exists, they think everything is organic and electronic and nothing else

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
What type of life are you referring to. Is it biological or spiritual life, these are very different from each other. Science doesn't accept that spiritual life exists, they think everything is organic and electronic and nothing else
Gen 1:27-28 heavenly life of all men created in Adam

Gen 2:7. Heavenly life of all men recreated in earthly man

Screenshot_20240420-002515.png

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Agree MerSee - and of which we are so informed of by this verse.

[Luk 1:77 KJV] 77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
Consider:

Just a few verses later says this (of that same person [John the Baptist]),

"80 And the child [/ JtB] grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel."

Then, later, in Acts 3:26 (Peter speaking to "ye men OF ISRAEL" vv.12,15),

"God, having raised up His servant [/Jesus--'raised up' to a position of prominence in His earthly ministry BEFORE the Cross], sent Him first to you, blessing you in turning away each of you from your wickednesses." (speaking to/for/about the same [in blue ^ ] as the context in Lk1 ;) )

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ Which is why Jesus had said the following in Matt15:

The Syrophoenician Woman [Mk7:26 says of her "The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation..."]
(Mar 7:24–30 )

Mat 15:21
Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
Mat 15:22
And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
Mat 15:23
But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
Mat 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 15:25
Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26
But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Mat 15:27
And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Mat 15:28
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Consider:

Just a few verses later says this (of that same person [John the Baptist]),

"80 And the child [/ JtB] grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel."

Then, later, in Acts 3:26 (Peter speaking to "ye men OF ISRAEL" vv.12,15),

"God, having raised up His servant [/Jesus--'raised up' to a position of prominence in His earthly ministry BEFORE the Cross], sent Him first to you, blessing you in turning away each of you from your wickednesses." (speaking to/for/about the same [in blue ^ ] as the context in Lk1 ;) )
It is the Lord's way alone to give knowledge of salvation unto His people, not John's. The "his" day of "his shewing" is Christ.

[Luk 1:76-77 KJV]
76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

The "his" of verse 80 is again, Christ.

The "you" of Acts 3:26 are the elect.

[Rom 9:6-8 KJV]
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, [are they] all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these [are] not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

[Act 3:25, 26 KJV]
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.