Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 5, 2024
The text is John 17:20-22
Jesus is praying to the Father. I have a question about this.
Then Jesus prays that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me,
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me and I in thee, that they also may be one in us.
And finally he tells the Father: the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one.
Now we know that God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one (not dividing the substance).
But the big question is: how can a million people be one, even as God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one.
Let me know what you think?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
This scripture is a bit confusing. I can understand being a sweet savour of Christ if we are saved, but how are we a sweet savour of Christ if we perish? Please explain. Thank you.
John Gill explains it this way:

2 Corinthians 2:14, which success he illustrates by dividing the persons to whom he preached the Gospel, into two classes, they that are saved, and they that perish, 2 Corinthians 2:15, on whom it had different effects, diffusing death, and adding death to death in the one, and communicating life, and adding life to life in the other: and lest he should be thought to arrogate too much to himself, and other ministers of the word, of whom he speaks, he acknowledges his and their insufficiency to preach the Gospel, and make it effectual; and that all fitness for it, and all the virtue and efficacy of it, were from the Lord, 2 Corinthians 2:16, and then gives the reason why he, and the rest of the faithful ministers of the Gospel, were a sweet savour to Christ, as he had asserted, because they did not, as others, corrupt this box of ointment, but faithfully and sincerely poured it out, without mixing and adulterating it; and this they did as being in the view of the omniscient God, to whom they could appeal for their integrity and honesty,

Maybe this will help.

John 11:35) Jesus wept.