Page 51 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 46405
Like Tree68340Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #1001
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    42
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Not By Works

    First of all I would like to say hi to all my brothers &sisters in the Lord.
    Everything I say is backed by the Word of God. If you don't like what I say
    I won't get mad. God told me to preach the Word with boldness so I'm
    doing what He tells me to do. The word sinner is past tense. Anyone that
    is born again is not a sinner. People that have not accepted Jesus as their
    personal Lord and Savior are sinners.Let's see what the Bible says.
    1. Saved by Grace not works Ephesians2:8-9
    2. If we confess are sins God forgives us 1John1:9
    3. If anyone sins we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ
    the righteous 1John2:1
    4. God's Love John3:16-17,Romans5:8
    5.God's remedy for sin Romans6:23, John1:12, 1Cor15:3-4
    6. Assurance As a Believer Romans10:9-10, 1John5:13, John5:24,
    John20:31
    7. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is
    this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep
    oneself unspotted from the world. James1:27
    All these Scriptures are from the New King James Study Bible
    To God be the Glory
    Preacha24-7 Evangelist to the Homeless (Street Ministry)
    JustWhoIAm likes this.

  2. #1002
    Senior Member JustWhoIAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2016
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Preacha24-7 View Post
    First of all I would like to say hi to all my brothers &sisters in the Lord.
    Everything I say is backed by the Word of God. If you don't like what I say
    I won't get mad. God told me to preach the Word with boldness so I'm
    doing what He tells me to do. The word sinner is past tense. Anyone that
    is born again is not a sinner. People that have not accepted Jesus as their
    personal Lord and Savior are sinners.Let's see what the Bible says.
    1. Saved by Grace not works Ephesians2:8-9
    2. If we confess are sins God forgives us 1John1:9
    3. If anyone sins we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ
    the righteous 1John2:1
    4. God's Love John3:16-17,Romans5:8
    5.God's remedy for sin Romans6:23, John1:12, 1Cor15:3-4
    6. Assurance As a Believer Romans10:9-10, 1John5:13, John5:24,
    John20:31
    7. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is
    this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep
    oneself unspotted from the world. James1:27
    All these Scriptures are from the New King James Study Bible
    To God be the Glory
    Preacha24-7 Evangelist to the Homeless (Street Ministry)
    "Peter, do you love me?"
    "Well, yeah..."
    "Ok. Feed my sheep."
    Mommy, where's fluffy?

  3. #1003
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,595
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by garee View Post
    You would have to define fall away..Those who do fall and were trusting in a righteousness of their own to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame, they never received the Spirit of Christ. .Every time they fall because they do not trust in eternal security they must crucify Christ again and again. Better things accompany salvation to those who do have the Spirit of Christ according to His work of faith. They are given the understanding that no man can come unless the Father enables them and if He is drawing them in no way will he cast them out .He cannot deny himself . If Christ has begun the good work of salvation in us He promises He will finish it to the very end. The others group in the Hebrew six boat remain unsaved drifting out towards the sea..
    Well you have a lot to learn cos even the elect will fall away (BUT NOT LOST FOR LONG)
    27Then Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away,e for it is written:
    ‘I will strike the shepherd,
    and the sheep will be scattered.’
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  4. #1004
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,595
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    Jimbo - Hello. I am gone in the head. I do not know your theological position or where
    you stand in the faith. It sounds like you do not believe is Gods sense of holiness, and if
    I hold gay relationships are sinful, I am wrong and fascist.

    The problem with sending a society on the road to sexual impulses are ok and neutral,
    is it starts a runaway sexual abuse train, into more and more extreme practices.

    With the growth of porn, child abuse, sado mascism, things are getting worse, a whole
    generation growing up with access to rape discussion groups, turning women into purely
    sexual objects.

    Yet in Christ, we should just give in, and let this filth go by, because victorian morality is
    evil, and holding principles that lusts corrupt and destroy the heart is a fascist belief.

    So I know where you are coming from.
    LIKE I SAID your barking (totaly) and every time i read your thread i get more confused as you just seem to go off on one and totaly twist other peoples words without so much as sorry if im wrong.
    That makes you dangerous and verry sinful just saying
    dcontroversal likes this.

  5. #1005
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    Well you have a lot to learn cos even the elect will fall away (BUT NOT LOST FOR LONG)
    27Then Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away,e for it is written:
    ‘I will strike the shepherd,
    and the sheep will be scattered.’
    I like that. I had the thought come to me that we can do the same thing today. We can "strike the Shepherd" with false teachings about His character and His work on the cross and resurrection and this disturbs the sheep.

    Some scatter here and there "occupying themselves with various things" some take on religious activities - others act like the prodigal son. Both the prodigal son and the elder brother had wrong beliefs about their Father - just like we can too.

    But the Shepherd has a good habit of rising from the dead - even from the dead false mis-leading teachings of His true character and He comes to His sheep and let's them know His true character and work He did for them.

    What a great loving Lord we have! He said He will never leave nor forsake us and none will be plucked from His hand nor the hand of the Father.

    Does this want to make us go out and sin all we want now? No, a thousand times No! It makes us run to Him and His love that is in us gets manifested back to Him, to others and to ourselves as we see each group through His eyes and heart.

    Love never fails.

    dcontroversal and JIMBO43 like this.

  6. #1006
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,595
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    I like that. I had the thought come to me that we can do the same thing today. We can "strike the Shepherd" with false teachings about His character and His work on the cross and resurrection and this disturbs the sheep.

    Some scatter here and there "occupying themselves with various things" some take on religious activities - others act like the prodigal son. Both the prodigal son and the elder brother had wrong beliefs about their Father - just like we can too.

    But the Shepherd has a good habit of rising from the dead - even from the dead false mis-leading teachings of His true character and He comes to His sheep and let's them know His true character and work He did for them.

    What a great loving Lord we have! He said He will never leave nor forsake us and none will be plucked from His hand nor the hand of the Father.

    Does this want to make us go out and sin all we want now? No, a thousand times No! It makes us run to Him and His love that is in us gets manifested back to Him, to others and to ourselves as we see each group through His eyes and heart.

    Love never fails.

    Well said couldnt agree more. enjoyed reading that

    There is much to learn about the word there are many bridges in the word to cross. Many open bridges you can fall of too if you dont get the correct meaning or search your heart with guidance from prayer and the javelin.

    Thats right the prayer is a javelin able to tare down any wall and open them draw bridges cause there in scripture too for the one who seeks the truth with love in his heart.

    I say stuff wrong sometimes and i only hope that in my quest for truth i dont get blinded by the enemy as one can do so much damage blinfully following a lie or fighting for a lie.

    Satan loves to make you believe a lie so much so that you fight for it and fall out. The enemy loves revenge on one of Gods. The reality is when the time is right what truth you seek will be shown but only when your ready For some truths will really hurt like mad which you may not like and become a stumbling block because you where not strong enough to deal with the hurt.

    Only satan loves that he will just tell you stuff anyway first chance he gets where as God he waits he endures he knows when your ready and when your not.
    God i hate satan so much so i want to thrust a sword throuh his heart
    Last edited by JIMBO43; January 24th, 2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  7. #1007
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,119
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge, i really appreciate it. I am just wondering why you said that works are result of the SALVATION ONE ALREADY POSSESS. Has the Lord our savior returned already or has tribulation, resurrection & judgment day passed me by without knowing it? As a Christian we eagerly await in HOPE for the coming of our savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. By saying that we ALREADY POSSESS OUR SALVATION would invalidate or disprove our HOPE for these things. This i think is the reason why there is an argument regarding good works. Please enlighten me regarding this or correct me if i’m wrong. The ff; verses may help. Thanks.


    1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be DISQUALIFIED for the prize.


    Romans 8:24-25, For in this HOPE we were SAVED. But HOPE THAT IS SEEN IS NO HOPE AT ALL. Who hopes for what he ALREADY HAS? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

    Hebrews 11:1 Now FAITH is being sure of what we HOPE for and certain of what we do not see.

    1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


    Romans 13:11 And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our SALVATION IS NEARER NOW THAN WHEN WE FIRST BELIEVED..

    1 Peter 1:9 for you are RECEIVING(ongoing process) the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

    Matthew 19:17-21,23 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS.” “Which ones?” the man inquired. Jesus replied, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’” “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?” Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

    Hebrews 13:8-9,21 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them. (May God) equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

    John 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

    1 Corinthians 15:56-58 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

    Hebrews 9:27-28 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to BRING SALVATION to those who are waiting for
    him.


    Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.


    Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil
    Lost--->hear message-->exercise faith-->believe message-->acknowledge Jesus--->saved/born again of Spirit-->spiritual growth and maturity-->works/fruit

    One cannot...
    a) Understand the word
    b) Grow spiritually
    c) Produce fruit unless already in the VINE

    Creation also speaks
    a) apple seed falls to the ground
    b) apple seed sprouts (born)
    c) apple tree grows and matures
    d) apple tree bears fruit

    Fruit and or works are a result of being born again, growth and maturity

    The works are the result of salvation that one already possesses

  8. #1008
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,595
    Rep Power
    27

    Talking Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge, i really appreciate it. I am just wondering why you said that works are result of the SALVATION ONE ALREADY POSSESS. Has the Lord our savior returned already or has tribulation, resurrection & judgment day passed me by without knowing it? As a Christian we eagerly await in HOPE for the coming of our savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. By saying that we ALREADY POSSESS OUR SALVATION would invalidate or disprove our HOPE for these things. This i think is the reason why there is an argument regarding good works. Please enlighten me regarding this or correct me if i’m wrong. The ff; verses may help. Thanks.


    1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be DISQUALIFIED for the prize.
    Positive mental attitude good scripture.


    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Romans 8:24-25, For in this HOPE we were SAVED. But HOPE THAT IS SEEN IS NO HOPE AT ALL. Who hopes for what he ALREADY HAS? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
    mouth watering .

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Hebrews 11:1 Now FAITH is being sure of what we HOPE for and certain of what we do not see.
    wise words our father is a wise guy chuckle chuckle .

    1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Romans 13:11 And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our SALVATION IS NEARER NOW THAN WHEN WE FIRST BELIEVED..
    iI HOPE IT COMES MY WAY .

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    1 Peter 1:9 for you are RECEIVING(ongoing process) the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
    Ongoing like theres more. An endless fountain of youth. Spiritual stature.


    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Matthew 19:17-21,23 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS.” “Which ones?” the man inquired. Jesus replied, “‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’” “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?” Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
    Not if your name is donald trump hes such the elder. chuckle chuckle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Hebrews 13:8-9,21 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them. (May God) equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

    John 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

    1 Corinthians 15:56-58 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

    Hebrews 9:27-28 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to BRING SALVATION to those who are waiting for
    him.


    Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.


    Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil
    His word is written on our hearts and mind we all no it secretly where all flowers waiting to bloom .

  9. #1009
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,119
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Preacha24-7 View Post
    First of all I would like to say hi to all my brothers &sisters in the Lord.
    Everything I say is backed by the Word of God. If you don't like what I say
    I won't get mad. God told me to preach the Word with boldness so I'm
    doing what He tells me to do. The word sinner is past tense. Anyone that
    is born again is not a sinner.
    People that have not accepted Jesus as their
    personal Lord and Savior are sinners.Let's see what the Bible says.
    1. Saved by Grace not works Ephesians2:8-9
    2. If we confess are sins God forgives us 1John1:9
    3. If anyone sins we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ
    the righteous 1John2:1

    4. God's Love John3:16-17,Romans5:8
    5.God's remedy for sin Romans6:23, John1:12, 1Cor15:3-4
    6. Assurance As a Believer Romans10:9-10, 1John5:13, John5:24,
    John20:31
    7. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is
    this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep
    oneself unspotted from the world. James1:27
    All these Scriptures are from the New King James Study Bible
    To God be the Glory
    Preacha24-7 Evangelist to the Homeless (Street Ministry)
    You do understand that John wrote almost 20% of the New Testament, He is a saved, immersed disciple of Jesus that Jesus loved....He wrote 1st John and said....

    IF WE say that WE have NO SIN, WE are deceived and the truth is not in us.

    What he says in 1st John contradicts your bolded, underlined statement.....maybe you should rephrase it to when a Child of God fails and sins we have an advocate with the Father who mediates, forgives and cleanses us of ALL SIN.

  10. #1010
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    You do understand that John wrote almost 20% of the New Testament, He is a saved, immersed disciple of Jesus that Jesus loved....He wrote 1st John and said....

    IF WE say that WE have NO SIN, WE are deceived and the truth is not in us.

    What he says in 1st John contradicts your bolded, underlined statement.....maybe you should rephrase it to when a Child of God fails and sins we have an advocate with the Father who mediates, forgives and cleanses us of ALL SIN.
    You miss out, when Christ takes away our sin and guilt it is as if we have never sinned,
    we are clean, pure and holy. But it is this purity and cleansing you cannot handle which
    is why calvanists invented imputed righteousness, rather than faith is credited as righteousness.

    How far does the invention of theology go?
    We are called the Holy people of God, because redeemed and purified that is what we are.
    But again though scripture declares this and Paul calls the corinthian church in this manner
    you cannot handle to biblical reality so sodden in sin and guilt you are. If this was not so
    you would declare that you are truly redeemed and Holy walking with Christ in the Spirit.

  11. #1011
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,119
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    You miss out, when Christ takes away our sin and guilt it is as if we have never sinned,
    we are clean, pure and holy. But it is this purity and cleansing you cannot handle which
    is why calvanists invented imputed righteousness, rather than faith is credited as righteousness.

    How far does the invention of theology go?
    We are called the Holy people of God, because redeemed and purified that is what we are.
    But again though scripture declares this and Paul calls the corinthian church in this manner
    you cannot handle to biblical reality so sodden in sin and guilt you are. If this was not so
    you would declare that you are truly redeemed and Holy walking with Christ in the Spirit.
    You prove by this statement that you do not understand the word of God, not the present tense of John's writing....HE INCLUDES HIMSELF by the use of WE and is writing unto SAVED BELIEVERS...you take the cake for one who lacks understanding....serious....!

    Originally Posted by dcontroversal You do understand that John wrote almost 20% of the New Testament, He is a saved, immersed disciple of Jesus that Jesus loved....He wrote 1st John and said....

    IF WE say that WE have NO SIN, WE are deceived and the truth is not in us.

    What he says in 1st John contradicts your bolded, underlined statement.....maybe you should rephrase it to when a Child of God fails and sins we have an advocate with the Father who mediates, forgives and cleanses us of ALL SIN.
    eternally-gratefull and garee like this.

  12. #1012
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,258
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Not By Works

    You miss out, when Christ takes away our sin and guilt it is as if we have never sinned,
    we are clean, pure and holy. But it is this purity and cleansing you cannot handle which
    is why calvanists invented imputed righteousness, rather than faith is credited as righteousness.
    Well of course the work of Christ's faith is imputed .What else could it be if it is not of ourselves.

    How else could Abraham who cannot see God believe and therefore seek after Him ? Use his imagination as a source of faith?

    James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was "imputed" unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

    Roman informs us no one seeks after God and therefore no one understands something they have no way of finding out. I would suggest God must to the first work of faith working in us to both will and do His good pleasure.

    As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.Rom 3:10


    Sounds like you are promoting a self righteousness doctrine.

    Will you be found with a righteousness of your own self or one imputed as we are informed in Philippians 2 ?

    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Phi 2:12

    Work to gain salvation, or work out what He freely gives of His work of faith , labor of His love?

    Can't serve two masters .It either self , or Christ. Who will you serve today?

  13. #1013
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,119
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by garee View Post
    Well of course the work of Christ's faith is imputed .What else could it be if it is not of ourselves.

    How else could Abraham who cannot see God believe and therefore seek after Him ? Use his imagination as a source of faith?

    James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was "imputed" unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

    Roman informs us no one seeks after God and therefore no one understands something they have no way of finding out. I would suggest God must to the first work of faith working in us to both will and do His good pleasure.

    As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.Rom 3:10


    Sounds like you are promoting a self righteousness doctrine.

    Will you be found with a righteousness of your own self or one imputed as we are informed in Philippians 2 ?

    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Phi 2:12

    Work to gain salvation, or work out what He freely gives of His work of faith , labor of His love?

    Can't serve two masters .It either self , or Christ. Who will you serve today?
    Yeah the bible is clear....the faith and righteousness of Christ is imputed to the one who exercises faith into the finished work of Christ while our sin (all sins ever committed) are nailed to the cross and paid for dia the blood of Christ....When he said it is FINISHED--->that equals PAID IN FULL and there is nothing else needed to satisfy the HEAVENLY FATHER.....my debt has been paid and settled by Jesus...end of story!

  14. #1014
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by garee View Post
    Well of course the work of Christ's faith is imputed .What else could it be if it is not of ourselves.
    How else could Abraham who cannot see God believe and therefore seek after Him ? Use his imagination as a source of faith?
    James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was "imputed" unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
    Roman informs us no one seeks after God and therefore no one understands something they have no way of finding out. I would suggest God must to the first work of faith working in us to both will and do His good pleasure.
    As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.Rom 3:10
    Sounds like you are promoting a self righteousness doctrine.
    Will you be found with a righteousness of your own self or one imputed as we are informed in Philippians 2 ?
    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Phi 2:12
    Work to gain salvation, or work out what He freely gives of His work of faith , labor of His love?
    Can't serve two masters .It either self , or Christ. Who will you serve today?
    This is where the confusion comes in. Christ gives us a platform, a new life, a new creation
    a chance to walk cleanly with Him. The question is will you walk cleanly or from the world.

    If it is from the world you will die, if from the Spirit you will live.
    Sin destroys us, everything we stand for, and are. It is poison to our souls.

    So we are washed clean and given the opportunity to drink again from the cup of the
    world or the cup of the Spirit.

    People talk about how God sees us, and judgement as if that is everything, when it is
    actually are you going to be defiled or walk in purity?

    Without washing and cleansing, we have no hope, because purity is impossible.
    With cleansing there is now a choice.

    Those who compromise with sin, already have denied Christ and the way.
    They either had no commitment and never got clean, or once clean have no commitment
    to learn how to walk and follow, so immediately fail and walk away.

    Are you worthy of the redemption Christ has called you to or is it just a joke?

  15. #1015
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    397
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Yeah the bible is clear....the faith and righteousness of Christ is imputed to the one who exercises faith into the finished work of Christ while our sin (all sins ever committed) are nailed to the cross and paid for dia the blood of Christ....When he said it is FINISHED--->that equals PAID IN FULL and there is nothing else needed to satisfy the HEAVENLY FATHER.....my debt has been paid and settled by Jesus...end of story!
    In a company, the CEO or the head of the company gives the orders and the employees do the works. (1 Corinthians 11:3) Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. CHRIST IS THE HEAD AND WE ARE HIS BODY WHO DOES HIS WORK HERE ON EARTH BEING LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.(eph 5:23,1 cor 12:28, rom 8:14, gal 5:18)New International Version 1984 John 14:12-13 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

    Matthew 9:37-38 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” consider the parable of the workers in the vineyard(mat 20:1-16))& the other parables regarding the kingdom of God like the parable of the talents(mat 25:14-30) thus the ones who WILL BE SAVED are the workers of Faith in LOVE(1 john 4:8&16, gal5;6)

  16. #1016
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,119
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    In a company, the CEO or the head of the company gives the orders and the employees do the works. (1 Corinthians 11:3) Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. CHRIST IS THE HEAD AND WE ARE HIS BODY WHO DOES HIS WORK HERE ON EARTH BEING LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.(eph 5:23,1 cor 12:28, rom 8:14, gal 5:18)New International Version 1984 John 14:12-13 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

    Matthew 9:37-38 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” consider the parable of the workers in the vineyard(mat 20:1-16))& the other parables regarding the kingdom of God like the parable of the talents(mat 25:14-30) thus the ones who WILL BE SAVED are the workers of Faith in LOVE(1 john 4:8&16, gal5;6)
    Sorry...this is not a company ruled by a CEO.....and the bible is clear...Salvation is a current, eternal possession.....the bible is clear...NOW are you the SONS OF GOD and it DOTH not YET APPEAR what you shall be.....the works STEM from and come from one that is already born again and EVEN CREATION SPEAKS TO THIS.....

    Creation also speaks
    a) apple seed falls to the ground
    b) apple seed sprouts (born) <---CREATION SPEAKS
    c) apple tree grows and matures
    d) apple tree bears fruit

    Fruit and or works are a result of being born again, growth and maturity

    The works are the result of salvation that one already possesses

  17. #1017
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,258
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Not By Works

    This is where the confusion comes in. Christ gives us a platform, a new life, a new creation
    a chance to walk cleanly with Him. The question is will you walk cleanly or from the world.
    He gives us by a work of His faith, that works in us to both will and do His good pleasure(imputed righteousness) a new eternal spirit that will never perish and a new heart.... a way to walk cleanly.

    Paying the full wage of our sin by the second death he experienced for us in our place. We will not come into condemnation. He did not give us a chance as if there was something we could add or contribute to His finished work.

    If it is from the world you will die, if from the Spirit you will live.
    Sin destroys us, everything we stand for, and are. It is poison to our souls.
    Yes.

    So we are washed clean and given the opportunity to drink again from the cup of the
    world or the cup of the Spirit.
    We never had an opportunity to begin with. we are born spirutl seprated without Hope and without God in this present life.

    As new creatures He causes us to walk in the newness of eternal spirit life, now that we have our sin forgiven in whole and not just in part..

    People talk about how God sees us, and judgement as if that is everything, when it is
    actually are you going to be defiled or walk in purity?
    It’s our goal to walk in purity seeing we have a new spirit that could never die. . When we deny Him in unbelief he cannot deny he has paid the full wage by experiencing the second death in our place. This turns us towards Him so that then we can repent, aving heard the voice of His grace and mercy,making it possible to repent.

    Without washing and cleansing, we have no hope, because purity is impossible.
    With cleansing there is now a choice.
    If we confess our sins H is faithful,,having by faith worked to pay the wage. He therefore continually cleanses us very day, as Him who has begun the good work .... finish it all the way to the end of the age.. If we say we are not sinners we make Him out to be a liar.

    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us 1 john

    Those who compromise with sin, already have denied Christ and the way.
    They either had no commitment and never got clean, or once clean have no commitment
    to learn how to walk and follow, so immediately fail and walk away.
    They would be the ones in Hebrew six. They crucify the lord of Glory every time they repent making their work of repenting the cure.
    Belter things accompany salvation called redemption.

    Are you worthy of the redemption Christ has called you to or is it just a joke?
    If I was worthy why would I need Christ to suffer the second death in my place?

    There is nothing dead men can do to get themselves saved. If he has not paid the full wage he has paid nothing.He does all the work of salvation(creating new creatures).

    Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. Eze 36:25
    Last edited by garee; January 25th, 2017 at 08:26 PM.

  18. #1018
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by garee View Post
    If I was worthy why would I need Christ to suffer the second death in my place?

    There is nothing dead men can do to get themselves saved. If he has not paid the full wage he has paid nothing.He does all the work of salvation(creating new creatures).

    Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. Eze 36:25
    Garee - stop looking at what I am writing from only one perspective.

    You are saved. You have met the Lord. You have embraced him repented of your sins
    and commited to walk with Him.

    Now all of a sudden you say, no I will walk my own way.

    This is all I am saying. No you will not because you know that is why you came to
    the Lord to walk with Him.

    Yet people are saying no it does not matter how you walk, that is not part of the
    relationship, the saving is the point. And to excuse their failure and lack of
    cleansing, power, freedom, it is because God never intended it to happen.

    Maybe this is too much for you to grasp.

    It is like getting ready to run the 100 meters and then just sitting in the stands
    watching the activity. The whole point was to run and reach the finishing tape,
    not just get ready, and pretend having you name entered is actually running.

  19. #1019
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,119
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    Garee - stop looking at what I am writing from only one perspective.

    You are saved. You have met the Lord. You have embraced him repented of your sins
    and commited to walk with Him.

    Now all of a sudden you say, no I will walk my own way.

    This is all I am saying. No you will not because you know that is why you came to
    the Lord to walk with Him.

    Yet people are saying no it does not matter how you walk, that is not part of the
    relationship, the saving is the point. And to excuse their failure and lack of
    cleansing, power, freedom, it is because God never intended it to happen.

    Maybe this is too much for you to grasp.

    It is like getting ready to run the 100 meters and then just sitting in the stands
    watching the activity. The whole point was to run and reach the finishing tape,
    not just get ready, and pretend having you name entered is actually running.
    Maybe it is too much for you to grasp that Jesus saves eternally through faith and the blood being applied......hopefully you wake up before it is too late....and for sure before you go before his throne boasting of your good works and how righteous you are.....!

  20. #1020
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Maybe it is too much for you to grasp that Jesus saves eternally through faith and the blood being applied......hopefully you wake up before it is too late....and for sure before you go before his throne boasting of your good works and how righteous you are.....!
    You are a blind preacher.
    If you walked with a pure heart you would know what these words mean

    Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
    Matt 5:8

    This is what we are all called to do.

    Maybe you cannot achieve this, and have never known cleansing and forgiveness
    in your life. So I encourage you to confess your sins before Christ and His cross
    and ask God to sprinkle your conscience with His blood, so you might know what it
    is to walk in purity with Him.

    And my boasting is the Christ and Him crucified, because anything which I have become
    is through His work alone.

    But all you know appears defeat and failure, so any success must be self righteousness,
    not judgement on your situation.

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 08:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 04:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 01:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 07:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM