Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 337
Like Tree355Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Catholicism

  1. #201
    Senior Member wwjd_kilden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    34,929
    Rep Power
    131

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by MultilingualMessenger View Post
    ...but it is though. People who deny Jesus' divinity usually aren't here for long; they end up reported and banned. (At least, from what I've seen they do, but I could have missed something...)
    Maybe
    but it doesn't explain why some here think all Catholics are going to hell , not the large number of threads discussing the topic. Maybe we need to rename the entire place to Protestantchat to make sure we show how unwanted the Catholics (apparently) are?
    Demi777 and FranC like this.

  2. #202
    Senior Member mailmandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2014
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,832
    Rep Power
    193

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    Maybe
    but it doesn't explain why some here think all Catholics are going to hell, not the large number of threads discussing the topic. Maybe we need to rename the entire place to Protestantchat to make sure we show how unwanted the Catholics (apparently) are?
    Did you read my post #173? That sums it up for me. If a particular church perverts the gospel, then most (not all) people who attend that church will most likely follow the false teachings of that church to their doom, yet those who believe the gospel IN SPITE of what that particular church teaches will be saved regardless. Once you truly believe the gospel and come to realize the church you are attending perverts the gospel, you will most likely leave that church, as I did. I've visited Catholic websites before and discussed Christian doctrine with them. Some of them respectfully disagreed with me and others became very rude with me. I even had a couple of Catholics tell me I was going to hell because I left the Roman Catholic Church.
    I'm not a bad guy. I'm just misunderstood.

    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

  3. #203
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,837
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Catholicism is a false, evil religion. Christianity is the one true religion.. Catholics also believe that the dead can hear us and answer our prayers.. But Christians know that is just a bunch of baloney.
    What a strong statement Blue.

    Could you please go back in history to the beginning, after the asension, and tell us:

    when the word Catholic was first used,
    who kept Christianity together the first few hundred years or so,
    and which church put the canonized gospels and letters into one book called the New Testament.

    I believe we could all learn from this.
    Thanks.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  4. #204
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,837
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Did you read my post #173? That sums it up for me. If a particular church perverts the gospel, then most (not all) people who attend that church will most likely follow the false teachings of that church to their doom, yet those who believe the gospel IN SPITE of what that particular church teaches will be saved regardless. Once you truly believe the gospel and come to realize the church you are attending perverts the gospel, you will most likely leave that church, as I did. I've visited Catholic websites before and discussed Christian doctrine with them. Some of them respectfully disagreed with me and others became very rude with me. I even had a couple of Catholics tell me I was going to hell because I left the Roman Catholic Church.
    Maybe this is why you speak with respect...You know what it feels like to be demeaned!
    I was Banned from a top Catholic site because I debated with one of their top posters, who has an important youtube site, we were having a nice and cordial disagreement but I was too grace oriented for them.

    I would like to say that, in your own way, you're very legalistic.
    If a person follows what their church teaches and they believe this to be the truth and Jesus is a part of their life, how could you say they'll end up lost?

    I keep repeating that Jesus saves...Not doctrine.
    I wonder if we here understand this.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  5. #205
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,837
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    Maybe
    but it doesn't explain why some here think all Catholics are going to hell , not the large number of threads discussing the topic. Maybe we need to rename the entire place to Protestantchat to make sure we show how unwanted the Catholics (apparently) are?
    May I?

    Catholics that are knowledgeable feel a bit arrogant because they feel only they have the truth.
    Some here become a bit arrogant because they feel only they have the truth.

    How many truths are there?
    The Bible is the truth.
    But Catholics also believe their doctrine is biblical...
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  6. #206
    Member MrStevish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2017
    Age
    43
    Posts
    49
    Blog Entries
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Interesting topic here. I was baptized in a Church of God 12 years ago. I was not baptized Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Episcopal, or Orthodox.

    I am not Catholic and I pray the Rosary, pray the Stations of the Cross, pray the Chaplet of Mercy, watch EWTN Daily Mass, and I read the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops daily reading.

    I read the ESV bible and I am not an Evangelical Protestant.

    I read InTouch Ministry Daily Devotions and watch Charles Stanley Youtube sermons and I am not Baptist.

    I own an Episcopal prayer book and I pray prayers out of the book and I am not Episcopal.

    I read the Daily Saints, Reading, and pray the Prayer of the Hour from the Online Chapel on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and I am not Orthodox.

    So, what am I? I am Christian.
    FranC likes this.

  7. #207
    Senior Member Ahwatukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2015
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,589
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by MrStevish View Post
    Interesting topic here. I was baptized in a Church of God 12 years ago. I was not baptized Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Episcopal, or Orthodox.

    I am not Catholic and I pray the Rosary, pray the Stations of the Cross, pray the Chaplet of Mercy, watch EWTN Daily Mass, and I read the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops daily reading.

    I read the ESV bible and I am not an Evangelical Protestant.

    I read InTouch Ministry Daily Devotions and watch Charles Stanley Youtube sermons and I am not Baptist.

    I own an Episcopal prayer book and I pray prayers out of the book and I am not Episcopal.

    I read the Daily Saints, Reading, and pray the Prayer of the Hour from the Online Chapel on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and I am not Orthodox.

    So, what am I? I am Christian.
    With all due respect, it sounds like you are religious.

    Our baptism should be into Christ. It is a symbolic act of our being buried with Christ and coming up as the new person in Christ. Therefore, baptism should be performed on those who understand that they are dying to the sinful nature and coming up as the new man in Christ. This why children should not be baptized and that because they aren't old enough to understand the meaning behind it and neither have they lived long enough to experience the sinful nature in order to die to it. Roman Catholicism baptizes children because they believe that it saves you from original sin, which is false.

    Those who pray the Rosary are dishonoring Christ, for it puts the focus on Mary. While it is true that Mary was blessed in that the Lord used her to bring Christ into the world in the flesh, she cannot and does not evoke grace upon people, nor is she a co-savior nor a co-mediator.

    However, Mary is not really who is behind the Rosary or any of the other worship. When Constantine deemed Christianity as the official religion of Rome, along with it came the pagan practices stemming from Babylon. Queen of heaven worship was transposed upon Mary, mother and son worship of Semiramis and Tamuz, Isis and Horus, etc., was transposed onto Mary and Jesus. The worship of the pantheon of god's was transferred over as the prayers to the saints. The RCC distorted the institution of the bread and cup, changing into the Eucharist where transubstantiation takes place and where the priests call Jesus down thousands of times per day into the Eucharist where they believe they are literally eating the flesh of the Lord and drinking His blood.

    My advice to you is, don't be concerned with denominations, but study and follow after the word of God. Don't pray to the saints, reciting pre-written prayers, but pray directly to the Father in the name of Christ. Come away from those pagan practices, which is idolatry and by which many will be destroyed.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ...

    I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ...

    This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit ....

  8. #208
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,837
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by MrStevish View Post
    Interesting topic here. I was baptized in a Church of God 12 years ago. I was not baptized Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Episcopal, or Orthodox.

    I am not Catholic and I pray the Rosary, pray the Stations of the Cross, pray the Chaplet of Mercy, watch EWTN Daily Mass, and I read the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops daily reading.

    I read the ESV bible and I am not an Evangelical Protestant.

    I read InTouch Ministry Daily Devotions and watch Charles Stanley Youtube sermons and I am not Baptist.

    I own an Episcopal prayer book and I pray prayers out of the book and I am not Episcopal.

    I read the Daily Saints, Reading, and pray the Prayer of the Hour from the Online Chapel on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and I am not Orthodox.

    So, what am I? I am Christian.
    Mr S

    I like how you think.

    Some here will tell y ou you're doing something or other wrong.
    If you're honoring God, you're doing everything right.

    Won't we be surprised when we get to heaven and find out that God is not Catholic, or Baptist,
    or Church of God, or Lutheran, or ANYTHING.

    HE'S GOD. And God accepts the worship you give him.

    Some here say they believe Jesus saves them, but REALLY they believe their doctrine saves them.
    DOCTRINE DOES NOT SAVE US. If it did, why did Jesus have to go to the cross.

    I love your post.
    Keep doing what you're doing.
    All prayer is worthy.
    DustyRhodes likes this.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  9. #209
    Senior Member Ahwatukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2015
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,589
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    Mr S

    I like how you think.

    Some here will tell y ou you're doing something or other wrong.
    If you're honoring God, you're doing everything right.

    Won't we be surprised when we get to heaven and find out that God is not Catholic, or Baptist,
    or Church of God, or Lutheran, or ANYTHING.

    HE'S GOD. And God accepts the worship you give him.

    Some here say they believe Jesus saves them, but REALLY they believe their doctrine saves them.
    DOCTRINE DOES NOT SAVE US. If it did, why did Jesus have to go to the cross.

    I love your post.
    Keep doing what you're doing.
    All prayer is worthy.
    Hello FranC,

    I have to wholeheartedly disagree with your conclusion here. Speaking of doctrine scripture states the following:

    "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." 2 Tim.2:3-4

    "
    But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves."
    (2 Pet.2:1)

    "
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!" (Gal.1:8-9)

    Not all ways lead to God, but only through Christ and therefore, one had better make sure that they have the right Christ. We are in a battle in these last days, with Satan through people distorting the word of God at every turn. Roman Catholicism is referred to as "the woman who rides the beast." She is Mystery, Babylon the great. She is designated as such because within her can be found most of the idolatrous practices that stemmed from Babylon. God even has people within Mystery, Babylon and is calling them to come out of here because of her idolatrous practices.

    Like I said, not all ways lead to God and eternal life. It is because of the current deception that many mainline evangelists are embracing Roman Catholicism, stating that there is no real difference between the two. But this is destined to take place and that because of the coming one world religion.

    My point is that if MrStevish is praying to saints and to Mary and practicing her other idolatrous practices, then he is following another Jesus and another gospel and you are encouraging him!

    We ought to be contending for the truth of God's word, not supporting false teachings.
    Demi777 likes this.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ...

    I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ...

    This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit ....

  10. #210
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: Catholicism

    The RCC is most likely the number one christian denomination with the most pagan practices and beliefs.
    Defending such is clear hypocrisy.
    When satanists run around talking to the dead and performing rituals, christians go wild.
    If a Catholic does that same stuff its acceptable?
    There is something wrong in that picture.
    Noone is saying that there are no Christians in the catholic church. But the doctrine and most im there arr ungodly. Not even speaking of the Vatican hmmm
    Tinuviel likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  11. #211
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,837
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    The RCC is most likely the number one christian denomination with the most pagan practices and beliefs.
    Defending such is clear hypocrisy.
    When satanists run around talking to the dead and performing rituals, christians go wild.
    If a Catholic does that same stuff its acceptable?
    There is something wrong in that picture.
    Noone is saying that there are no Christians in the catholic church. But the doctrine and most im there arr ungodly. Not even speaking of the Vatican hmmm
    You know, saying Catholics practice pagan practices kind of washes down pagan practices.

    It's kind of like saying a prostitute dates too much.
    It kind of washes down some girl who DOES date too much.

    See?

    Which pagan practices do y ou mean?

    Praying to the dead?
    How could you be sure they CAN'T hear us?
    I surely don't know. Have you been dead and you know for sure?

    Do you know about the Communion of Saints? It's really a beautiful idea.
    It says that we are all together. The dead and the living. Somehow it's all one dimension that we don't understand.

    If it makes somebody happy to pray to their dead boyfriend, so what? Let them be happy.
    Know what bothers me more?
    WOF

    Just as God anything and you'll get it.
    Does THIS bother you at all??

    I think that's far more pagan than anything any Catholic could do.
    I mean, to treat God as SANTA CLAUSE. yeah. This bothers me a lot more.

    So list some of these pagan beliefs that you think Catholics practice and we'll go through them one by one.

    Before we start, I do want to list a disclaimer:
    I believe everything Catholics practice is gotten from the bible.
    EXCEPT, I don't understand how they get the ascension of Mary and the Immaculate Conception bothers me although i do understand why they believe this.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  12. #212
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,590
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: Catholicism

    You know I know Blue's hearts is in the right place but I would have to disagree about Catholism being evil or at least Catholics being evil and going to hell. Just like Christianity there are many many denominations in the Catholic faith in fact I used to go to a Catholic forum to learn more about Catholics and I debated and discussed many things with them the most argued thing was the whole praying to marry and the fact they refused to rely on scripture to check if praying to mary was of God or man.

    But as much as I did find the typical Catholic and was in fact attacked quite a bit I also found some who were willing to discuss and listen they showed great humbleness and kindness in their words and how they responded they also spoke in a polite and logical manner even using scripture in the correct manner not twisting it to fit their own beliefs.

    Honestly some of the Catholics and so called heretics showed more of god's light and heart than many on here who go by Christian, in fact the light some of the Catholics showed is one I have rarely come across.
    I will say however that in light of that there are in fact many Catholics I met that were very typical
    blue_ladybug and FranC like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    A fired up Christian shouldn't be that big a deal. Our love should be an overpowering burning desire to serve and be in His presence

  13. #213
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,837
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahwatukee View Post
    Hello FranC,

    I have to wholeheartedly disagree with your conclusion here. Speaking of doctrine scripture states the following:

    "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." 2 Tim.2:3-4

    "
    But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves."
    (2 Pet.2:1)

    "
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!" (Gal.1:8-9)

    Hi A,
    What's interesting is that WE may have the incorrect doctrine. How could we know for sure? If I posted what the theologians of the early Church believed, it would resenble Catholicism more than Protestantism. These people were acquaintances of an Apostle or other and knew people who knew the Apostles. For instance, Ignatius of Antioch knew John the Apostle.
    So, I wouldn't be so sure we have it right. I go before God humbly and sit at His feet.



    Not all ways lead to God, but only through Christ and therefore, one had better make sure that they have the right Christ. We are in a battle in these last days, with Satan through people distorting the word of God at every turn. Roman Catholicism is referred to as "the woman who rides the beast." She is Mystery, Babylon the great. She is designated as such because within her can be found most of the idolatrous practices that stemmed from Babylon. God even has people within Mystery, Babylon and is calling them to come out of here because of her idolatrous practices.

    But like I said to Demi, what are these practices? I grew up Catholic and still attend Mass every now and then. I know their doctrine because I used to teach it. I'd like to know which practices are so horrible. They teach that one is to know Jesus, that He is the gate. Many don't understand this. However, I have to say that if one is practicing their religion honestly and humbly, even though it might be wrong, GOD will Honor them. God is not Catholic of Baptist or Lutheran --- we need to stop putting Him into a box.



    Like I said, not all ways lead to God and eternal life. It is because of the current deception that many mainline evangelists are embracing Roman Catholicism, stating that there is no real difference between the two. But this is destined to take place and that because of the coming one world religion.

    My point is that if MrStevish is praying to saints and to Mary and practicing her other idolatrous practices, then he is following another Jesus and another gospel and you are encouraging him!

    There is only ONE Jesus. Mr. S. is doing nothing wrong. He's praying. There are different ways to pray. If we pray in the wrong way, are we lost? This could get silly. If he is praying to Mary, let him be happy. Mary was the MOTHER of Jesus. I'm sure Jesus won't mind if some people pray to His mother. When we do not know how to pray, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. Romans 8:26

    I'm not worried about those who pray, I'm worried about those who DO NOT pray. We should direct our attention toward atheists not toward other Christians who may not be doing exactly what we b elieve is correct
    .


    We ought to be contending for the truth of God's word, not supporting false teachings.
    I believe that any religion that teaches Jesus is the Son of God, that He died for us and was resurrected, that believes in the Godhead or Trinity, and that believes in the resurrection of the dead, is a true religion. The details don't bother me as much as they bother Others. WHY do they bother you so much if all the correct foundational truths are met?
    longtrekker likes this.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  14. #214
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,837
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    You know I know Blue's hearts is in the right place but I would have to disagree about Catholism being evil or at least Catholics being evil and going to hell. Just like Christianity there are many many denominations in the Catholic faith in fact I used to go to a Catholic forum to learn more about Catholics and I debated and discussed many things with them the most argued thing was the whole praying to marry and the fact they refused to rely on scripture to check if praying to mary was of God or man.

    But as much as I did find the typical Catholic and was in fact attacked quite a bit I also found some who were willing to discuss and listen they showed great humbleness and kindness in their words and how they responded they also spoke in a polite and logical manner even using scripture in the correct manner not twisting it to fit their own beliefs.

    Honestly some of the Catholics and so called heretics showed more of god's light and heart than many on here who go by Christian, in fact the light some of the Catholics showed is one I have rarely come across.
    I will say however that in light of that there are in fact many Catholics I met that were very typical
    I've had the same experience.
    The hatred I see for Catholics here I do not see on Catholic forums. Although there is Always one rotten apple...

    I just wish we could love each other more.
    Anyone who loves Jesus, no matter what their doctrine, is a Brother of mine.

    So happy you posted...
    Blain likes this.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  15. #215
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    53,903
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    245

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Praying with rosaries, praying to/bowing down to statues is NOT in the bible. Neither is the idea that Mary remained a virgin her entire life, as some catholics believe. And nowhere in the bible does it say to pray to the dead, or that they can hear us..


    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    You know, saying Catholics practice pagan practices kind of washes down pagan practices.

    It's kind of like saying a prostitute dates too much.
    It kind of washes down some girl who DOES date too much.

    See?

    Which pagan practices do y ou mean?

    Praying to the dead?
    How could you be sure they CAN'T hear us?
    I surely don't know. Have you been dead and you know for sure?

    Do you know about the Communion of Saints? It's really a beautiful idea.
    It says that we are all together. The dead and the living. Somehow it's all one dimension that we don't understand.

    If it makes somebody happy to pray to their dead boyfriend, so what? Let them be happy.
    Know what bothers me more?
    WOF

    Just as God anything and you'll get it.
    Does THIS bother you at all??

    I think that's far more pagan than anything any Catholic could do.
    I mean, to treat God as SANTA CLAUSE. yeah. This bothers me a lot more.

    So list some of these pagan beliefs that you think Catholics practice and we'll go through them one by one.

    Before we start, I do want to list a disclaimer:
    I believe everything Catholics practice is gotten from the bible.
    EXCEPT, I don't understand how they get the ascension of Mary and the Immaculate Conception bothers me although i do understand why they believe this.
    Blain and Demi777 like this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    LOL.. I'll use that defense the next time I get accused of something.. lol


    To read my cancer, depression, physical pain & suicide testimonies, go to the Blog tab in my profile.



  16. #216
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,590
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    I've had the same experience.
    The hatred I see for Catholics here I do not see on Catholic forums. Although there is Always one rotten apple...

    I just wish we could love each other more.
    Anyone who loves Jesus, no matter what their doctrine, is a Brother of mine.

    So happy you posted...
    Sadly hatred tends to be on both sides. The way I see it one can have all the correct doctrines yet if they do not have that love inside them that comes from God's spirit alone then what does it matter? but one can know very few of the correct doctrines yet if they bear that amazing love in their hearts that comes from god's heart alone then even if they Catholic to me they are brothers and sisters in Christ.

    I actually might have accepted the hatred for Catholics had I not been the type of person to seek the truth for myself rather than blindly accept and believe what others see and think truth is as back then I was not near as strong in God's love as I am now.
    FranC likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    A fired up Christian shouldn't be that big a deal. Our love should be an overpowering burning desire to serve and be in His presence

  17. #217
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,590
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Praying with rosaries, praying to/bowing down to statues is NOT in the bible. Neither is the idea that Mary remained a virgin her entire life, as some catholics believe. And nowhere in the bible does it say to pray to the dead, or that they can hear us..
    True all true also it says specifically not to speak to the dead
    blue_ladybug and Demi777 like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    A fired up Christian shouldn't be that big a deal. Our love should be an overpowering burning desire to serve and be in His presence

  18. #218
    Senior Member PrynceNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    I've had the same experience. The hatred I see for Catholics here I do not see on Catholic forums. Although there is Always one rotten apple... I just wish we could love each other more. Anyone who loves Jesus, no matter what their doctrine, is a Brother of mine. So happy you posted...
    There are people who claim to love Jesus yet follow doctrines of devils. To say people are your brothers regardless of the doctrines they follow is pretty dangerous but that's your choice.
    Demi777 likes this.
    Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Acts 3:19 - Repent therefore and turn to God, so that your sins may be blotted out, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.
    Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the whole armor of God, so that you can stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

  19. #219
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,082
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexT2po View Post
    Is it necessary for you to be Catholic to go to heaven? Like to have confession and stuff? Idk because my grandmother is a strong Catholic, and so was my dad until he became more Protestant, which is what I am now. Some different denominations talk about how it's necessary to be that one to go to heaven. Is this true?
    Much to contribute here, but not all tonight.

    Here is a scripture for you, Alex...

    Hebrews 10:11-14: And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But this Man (Jesus), after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  20. #220
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: Catholicism

    Praying to the dead

    Deut 18:9-12

    When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

    Leviticus 20:6


    If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

    It is forbidden and done. The question is not if they hear us or not. God does absolutely NOT approve, oppodisite. He despises it. And so do I

    When the Priest breaks the bread the Priest drinks the wine only. Where is that biblical?

    Making rituals for the dead to ''not suffer" and bless them? This is not biblical either (pagan rooted)

    ''Blessing" dead bodies is pagan as well and Jesus said to us let the dead bury their dead. Yet they claim holy water and all sorts of things will help a dead person.

    Holy Water and crucifixes to drive out demons. Thats just a nogo and all roots back to pagans using symbols. Casting out devils with Devils. Pagan roots

    They worship Relic which is again Idolatry, which also already shows up with their Saints like Blasius to whom they pray ''set someone else's house on fire" pretty much. Pagan roots

    Confessing to a Priest for the forgiveness of sins, as him being ''exalted by God to do so" is unbiblical and a nogo. Confess your faults to one another so ye may be healed, not so you may reveive forgiveness. And that also again has pagan roots













    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    You know, saying Catholics practice pagan practices kind of washes down pagan practices.

    It's kind of like saying a prostitute dates too much.
    It kind of washes down some girl who DOES date too much.

    See?

    Which pagan practices do y ou mean?

    Praying to the dead?
    How could you be sure they CAN'T hear us?
    I surely don't know. Have you been dead and you know for sure?

    Do you know about the Communion of Saints? It's really a beautiful idea.
    It says that we are all together. The dead and the living. Somehow it's all one dimension that we don't understand.

    If it makes somebody happy to pray to their dead boyfriend, so what? Let them be happy.
    Know what bothers me more?
    WOF

    Just as God anything and you'll get it.
    Does THIS bother you at all??

    I think that's far more pagan than anything any Catholic could do.
    I mean, to treat God as SANTA CLAUSE. yeah. This bothers me a lot more.

    So list some of these pagan beliefs that you think Catholics practice and we'll go through them one by one.

    Before we start, I do want to list a disclaimer:
    I believe everything Catholics practice is gotten from the bible.
    EXCEPT, I don't understand how they get the ascension of Mary and the Immaculate Conception bothers me although i do understand why they believe this.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Catholicism Polytheistic?
    By MikeHenderson in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 13th, 2016, 03:27 PM
  2. Catholicism exposed
    By hermanodaniel in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: April 4th, 2012, 06:33 PM
  3. Catholicism is Evil
    By rodogg in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 14th, 2011, 09:13 PM
  4. Why Catholicism isn't Christianity...
    By Katy-follower in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: August 12th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Tags for this Thread