1 Corinthians Chapter 1...Grammar Study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How do you see my studies? (multichoice)

• I have no interest in the studies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are ok if that is what you want to do

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • They are perversive and should stop now

• You should present in a different manner

• I am learning from them

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

cfultz3

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Direct KJV from E-Sword:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Textus Receptus expressed out [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:6 ουG3756 PRT-N - (not (abs. neg.)) καλονG2570 A-NSN - (good (valuable, virtuous)) τοG3588 T-NSN καυχημαG2745 N-NSN - (the boasting is) υμωνG4771 P-2GP - (your*) ουκG3756 PRT-N - (not (abs. neg.)) οιδατεG1492 V-RAI-2P - (you* had known) οτιG3754 CONJ - (that) μικραG3398 A-NSF - (little) ζυμηG2219 N-NSF - (a ferment) ολονG3650 A-ASN - (all) τοG3588 T-ASN φυραμαG5445 N-ASN - (the dough) ζυμοιG2220 V-PAI-3S - (ferment causes to ferment) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:7 εκκαθαρατεG1571 V-AAM-2P - (you* are to have cleansed out) ουνG3767 CONJ - (accordingly) τηνG3588 T-ASF παλαιανG3820 A-ASF - (the old) ζυμηνG2219 N-ASF - (ferment) ιναG2443 CONJ - (so that) ητεG1510 V-PAS-2P - (you* could be) νεονG3501 A-NSN - (new(refreshed, regenerated)) φυραμαG5445 N-NSN - (dough) καθωςG2531 ADV - (since) εστεG1510 V-PAI-2P - (you* are now) αζυμοιG106 A-NPM - (unfermented) καιG2532 CONJ - (and ) γαρG1063 CONJ - (seeing that) τοG3588 T-NSN πασχαG3957 ARAM - (the Passover) ημωνG1473 P-1GP - (our*) υπερG5228 PREP - (in place) ημωνG1473 P-1GP - (our*) | ετυθη | εθυθη |G2380 V-API-3S - (Passover was sacrificed) χριστοςG5547 N-NSM - (Christ) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:8 ωστεG5620 CONJ - (so then) εορταζωμενG1858 V-PAS-1P - (we should observe this feast) μηG3361 PRT-N - (not (qual. neg.)) ενG1722 PREP - (by (instrumentality)) ζυμηG2219 N-DSF - (ferment) παλαιαG3820 A-DSF - (old) μηδεG3366 CONJ-N - (nor) ενG1722 PREP - (by (instrumentality)) ζυμηG2219 N-DSF - (the ferment) κακιαςG2549 N-GSF - (of malice (wickedness not ashamed to break laws)) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) πονηριαςG4189 N-GSF - (of depravity (evil purposes and desires)) αλλG235 CONJ - (but rather) ενG1722 PREP - (by (instrumentality)) αζυμοιςG106 A-DPN - (the unfermentedness) ειλικρινειαςG1505 N-GSF - (of purity (ingenuousness, sincerity)) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) αληθειαςG225 N-GSF - (of truth) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Personal rendition with grammatical notes:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:6-8 Your* boasting is not (abs. neg.) good (valuable, virtuous). You* had not (abs. neg.) known that a little ferment causes all the dough to ferment. Accordingly, you* are to have cleansed out the old ferment so that you* could be new dough. Since you* are now unfermented and seeing that our Passover, Christ, was sacrificed in our place, we should observe this feast not by (instrumentality) old ferment nor by (instrumentality) the ferment of malice (wickedness not ashamed to break laws) and depravity (evil purposes and desires), but rather, by (instrumentality) the unfermentedness of purity and truth.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Talking points:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]you* had not known = the 'not' is an absolute negative. If it were meant to ask a question it would have been in the qualitative negative. The point is that they did not know that allowing sin could possibly corrupt them all, otherwise they would have mourned instead of allowing that sort of relationship amongst them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]a little ferment causes all the dough to ferment = as it was with this church, allowing one's self to ferment in a little sin causes the whole body to ferment in sin.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]you* are to have cleansed out the old ferment (Aorist Active iMperative) = a command which is to have been performed by the subject. We, through our willingness to hearken to God as to what He desires from us as an individual, do clean out the old man so that we can become a new man. It is not that we decide what is wrong with us and that we are to fix it ourselves while we walk with Him , but as He leads you and you listen, He is the One who is purging you, seeing that you give Him reign as your Lord. The only thing on your part is to listen and be obedient (hearken) to Him as what He desires from you. He is the One who is sanctifying and we are the ones who are being sanctified by Him, all glory goes to Him, just be faithful in your trust in Him to complete what He has started in you. If you learn anything, learn this: a little yeast ferments the cavities of pure dough.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]our Passover, Christ = Barnes explains it very well. Since the Jews were to put away ferment (that which infests the whole lump) from among them when their paschal lamb was slain, we Christians must also put away infestational sins, seeing that our paschal Lamb has been slain. Though Paul is speaking to a church here, as to put away that fornicator, it also applies to us as individuals in putting away sin from our hearts. [/FONT]

C

cfultz3

Oh Greenie,

where you is?

C

cfultz3

Correction

1Co 5:6-8 Your* boasting is not (abs. neg.) good (valuable, virtuous). You* had not (abs. neg.) known that a little ferment causes all the dough to ferment. Accordingly, you* are to have cleansed out the old ferment so that you* could be new dough. Since you* are now unfermented and seeing that our Passover, Christ, was sacrificed in our place, we should observe this feast not by (instrumentality) old ferment nor by (instrumentality) the ferment of malice (wickedness not ashamed to break laws) and depravity (evil purposes and desires), but rather, by (instrumentality) the unfermentedness of purity (ingenuousness, sincerity) and truth.

purity = sincere religion which lacks cunning, guile, or worldliness. Openly straightforward.

G

GreenNnice

1Co 5:6-8 Your* boasting is not (abs. neg.) good (valuable, virtuous). You* had not (abs. neg.) known that a little ferment causes all the dough to ferment. Accordingly, you* are to have cleansed out the old ferment so that you* could be new dough. Since you* are now unfermented and seeing that our Passover, Christ, was sacrificed in our place, we should observe this feast not by (instrumentality) old ferment nor by (instrumentality) the ferment of malice (wickedness not ashamed to break laws) and depravity (evil purposes and desires), but rather, by (instrumentality) the unfermentedness of purity (ingenuousness, sincerity) and truth.

purity = sincere religion which lacks cunning, guile, or worldliness. Openly straightforward.
Yes, as stated , I worked in deplorable conditions a couple days straight and sickness resulted , rats are NOT something you want to let get in your working quarters, hard lesson learned , but, praise God, He got me through it , and, its nearly cleaned up and ready for what He wants me to do next :) Prayer for that area of my life appreciated , Christ peeps and, Maya God of all answer your cries our to Him, both your silent ones and alouds :)

Let's first look at these opening verses that deal with a very real bad sin, the very real potential we will soon find out of one bad (spoiling) apple in a barrel will infect the whole barrelfull.

1Co 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 1Co 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 1Co 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

To me, the word 'commonly' speaks of nothing out of the ordinary, this speaks volumes of the spiritilual level of learning this church us at, 'milk,' not yet ready for 'solid food,' and, the lauding favortism of 'I of Paul,' 'I of Cephas,' 'I of Appolos,' 'I of Christ,' teacher admiration gets exponentially outdone by this winning man, having done a bad 'deed,' with his 'father's wife.'

Paul expresses powerful presence of himself there in the church although this is a letter written by Paul not in their presence physically but, indeed, Paul IS spiritually with them, both his spirit which is with the power of Jesus Christ, and, 'power' equals the Holy Spirit, FYI.

Paul speaks in the imperative (command) , telling these that just stood and watched and who are arrogant that they SHOULD have been mourning for this man, which would, perhaps, make this man repent, perhaps, the Lord leads, and, this brings the next point that Paul is , in a very long sentence of chiding these standbyers , says that he is asking now in powerful form through calling on 'the name of Jesus,' for the Corinth church body to remove this fornicating man from their presence. And, then to salvation is spoken, this man who was a part of the church, I'm guessing a great personality, since he committed this deed and others were just 'arrogant' about his act, as this man probably was boasting of 'it,' could one draw conclusion, this man can, perhaps, be saved unto salvation of his 'spirit' even though his act is so bad, and, not just is the man kicked out but Paul hands the man over to Satan, do you almost sense thus like Job, except Job was blameless and this man was blameworthy? This sinning man's flesh is to he destroyed so that he can still be saved. Most interesting, but God uses Satan for a means of punishment, does this speak of this man having been God's before willfully succumbing to his fleshly , fornicating choice? What does verse 10 tell us, and, contrast that verse with 11?

Looking at the next verses , 6 thru 9, this man is leavened bread, and the church is, as a whole, is unleavened, symbolic of 'purity,' so by this man's illicit, immoral behavior others now are becoming weakened, slowly unstitched from the word of God implanted in them. Can grave consequences result from a 'good apple' meeting a 'bad apple,' you donknow that dual meaning there? Good person of God & bad person of God.
The bad apple is very quickly able to smear the 'good' with its bad IF the situation is not addressed clearly and punctually, of which Paul does indeed do 'both.'
Paul then exhorts them to be of 'unleavened,' free of the levity, not to mention, severity, of becoming leavened bread that will take the yeast right out of ya , infecting you to rise to your pride, and, this results only in malice of thought, action--wickedness.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cfultz3

Welcome back Greenie and glad to hear you are better.......

G

GreenNnice

Welcome back Greenie and glad to hear you are better.......
90%, still a tinge of something, but, Yes, I am thankful my great God kept me from any great length of time sickness. Praise be His name, I was sick for close to 4 months last year, not admitting it at time but God was speaking to me, of those rats' . I have NO regrets , it was time well spent , including beginning to comment in bible discussion forums, after having been only in singles forum previous 2 years.

So, let's go ! Christbro, you are being greatly treated (blessed) by our King of kings and Lord of lords, our Almighty God, Prince Of Peace, Holy One, Counsellor, may He continue to use you to treat others to tasty understanding of our most blessed words from our God as He leads your studying, revealing, showing, teaching of His great Truth that is led through your spirit in Him, greatly, grandly, royally, to be praised, with prayers of supplication and thanksgiving.

May this work continue to bring ALL glory to God, for in this glory given to the Glorious One goes ALL power and honor and majesty, you are awesome in my sight, precious Lord, I will follow you.

What a mighty God we serve, cee, let's be nothing less than faithful to His calling(s) on our life as He leads. The Lord leads, let us worship, through His Spirit, for those who do shall be revealed His Truth.

:)

C

cfultz3

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Direct KJV from E-Sword:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:9 εγραψαG1125 V-AAI-1S - (I wrote) υμινG4771 P-2DP - (unto you*) ενG1722 PREP - (by (instrumentality)) τηG3588 T-DSF επιστοληG1992 N-DSF - (this epistle (letter)) μηG3361 PRT-N - (not (qual. neg.)) συναναμιγνυσθαιG4874 V-PMN - (to associate yourselves with (keep company with)(middle voice)) πορνοιςG4205 N-DPM - (with fornicators) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:10 καιG2532 CONJ - (yet) ουG3756 PRT-N - (not (abs. neg.)) παντωςG3843 ADV - (entirely) τοιςG3588 T-DPM πορνοιςG4205 N-DPM - (to disassociate yourselves from those fornicators) τουG3588 T-GSM κοσμουG2889 N-GSM - (of the world (orderly arrangement)) τουτουG3778 D-GSM - (this) ηG2228 PRT - (or) τοιςG3588 T-DPM πλεονεκταιςG4123 N-DPM - (those covetous (desiring more)) ηG2228 PRT - (or) αρπαξινG727 A-DPM - (extortionious (plunderous, rapacious)) ηG2228 PRT - (or) ειδωλολατραιςG1496 N-DPM - (idolatrous) επειG1893 CONJ - (otherwise) οφειλετεG3784 V-PAI-2P - (you* need) αραG686 PRT - (then) εκG1537 PREP - (from (departure)) τουG3588 T-GSM κοσμουG2889 N-GSM - (this world (orderly arrangement)) εξελθεινG1831 V-2AAN - (to have departed) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:11 νυνιG3570 ADV - (just now) δεG1161 CONJ - (but) εγραψαG1125 V-AAI-1S - (I wrote) υμινG4771 P-2DP - (unto you*) μηG3361 PRT-N - (not (qual. neg.)) συναναμιγνυσθαιG4874 V-PMN - (to associate yourselves with (keep company with)(middle voice)) εανG1437 COND - (if) τιςG5100 X-NSM - (any) αδελφοςG80 N-NSM - (brother) ονομαζομενοςG3687 V-PPP-NSM - (is being called) | ηG2228 PRT - (or) | ηG1510 V-PAS-3S - (he is) | πορνοςG4205 N-NSM - (a fornicator) ηG2228 PRT - (or) πλεονεκτηςG4123 N-NSM - (a coveter) ηG2228 PRT - (or) ειδωλολατρηςG1496 N-NSM - (an idolater) ηG2228 PRT - (or) λοιδοροςG3060 A-NSM - (a reviler (abusive speaker)) ηG2228 PRT - (or) μεθυσοςG3183 N-NSM - (a drunkard) ηG2228 PRT - (or) αρπαξG727 A-NSM - (an extortioner) τωG3588 T-DSM τοιουτωG5108 D-DSM - (this sort) μηδεG3366 CONJ-N - (and not (abst. qual. neg.)) συνεσθιεινG4906 V-PAN - (to sup with (eat in union)) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:12 τιG5101 I-NSN - (what is it?) γαρG1063 CONJ - (for (reason why not to keep company or to sup with such)) μοιG1473 P-1DS - (unto me) καιG2532 CONJ - (also) τουςG3588 T-APM - (those) εξωG1854 ADV - (outside) κρινεινG2919 V-PAN - (to judge) ουχιG3780 PRT-I - (by no means (intens. abs. neg.)) τουςG3588 T-APM - (those) εσωG2080 ADV - (within) υμειςG4771 P-2NP - (you*) κρινετεG2919 V-PAI-2P - (if you* judge) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:13 τουςG3588 T-APM - (those) δεG1161 CONJ - (and as) εξωG1854 ADV - (outside) οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM - (the God) κρινειG2919 V-PAI-3S - (God does judge) καιG2532 CONJ - (also) εξαρειτεG1808 V-FAI-2P - (you* shall put away) τονG3588 T-ASM πονηρονG4190 A-ASM - (the one who is evil) εξG1537 PREP - (from (origin)) υμωνG4771 P-2GP - (you*) αυτωνG846 P-GPM - (them) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 5:9-13 By (instrumentality) this epistle (letter), I wrote to you* not (qual. neg.) to associate yourselves with (keep company with)(middle voice) fornicators, and not (abs. neg.) entirely to disassociate yourselves from those fornicators of this world (orderly arrangement), or those covetous (desiring more), extortionious (plunderous, rapacious), or idolatrous, otherwise, you* need then to have departed from (departure) this world (orderly arrangement). But, I just now wrote to you* not (qual. neg.) to associate yourselves with (keep company with)(middle voice) any brother if he is being called a fornicator, or a coveter, or an idolater, or a reviler (abusive speaker), or a drunkard, or an extortioner, and not (abst. qual. neg.) to sup with (eat in union) this sort. For (reason why not to keep company or to sup with such) what is it to me to also judge those outside, if you* by no means (intens. abs. neg.) judge those within you*. But as God does judge those outside, you* shall also put away the one who is evil from you* (them?).[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]not to associate yourselves with = this is in the subjunctive, that is, it is a qualified negation. The only reason it is not absolute is simply because: otherwise it would be needful to leave this world. This also speaks as to why 2Co 6:14 (be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers) is also spoken with a qualified negation. So, he is not talking about those on the outside of the Church, those who need us to come and tell them of Christ, but those who would call themselves brothers/sisters and would be a part of the church. Such people who continues to live in sin, after the appropriate procedure of correcting a brother/sister has been exhausted (Mat 18:15-18), are not to be a part of the church, or even have communal supper with them (with the same meaning of: I will come in and sup with you). If they are to be thrown out of the Body of Christ because of them living in sin, then does that not represent how they could also be thrown of the Christ's Bride? Take into consideration the reversal of verse 13 with the understanding that I wish you to understand that salvation can be lost, and therefore, take heed that you do not subcome to a life (habitual practice) of sin, but that you remain in the race until the end of the race, and it is there that you shall receive your reward: having returned to an actual fellowship with your God. So, take this into consideration:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]verse 13 reversed: Put away from yourselves that wicked person. Those who are outside (just spoken about having thrown one out of the church), God judges. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]To your spirit, I speak. Listen!![/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]You see, this man was thrown out of the church. And what does it say concerning those who are on the outside: God judges those outside. He went back into the world, and there, continues living in his sin. But worry not, God is there behind him waiting for him to turn back around and see Him standing there with open arms, calling him back to his family through the beckoning of His Spirit. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]And while he was out there, he started to swindle his inheritance, indeed, that which he received as a son from his Father. As a result of his inheritance having wasted away, he had to find a brow sweating job, placing himself back under God's curse of heavy toil because of disobedience in Eden. No longer did he have the rest found in his Lord's house, but become a servant performing deeds for unclean swines and whose wages left him begging for the swines' scrap. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]But you see, he came to his senses in 2Co 2:5-10 and turned around and looked toward home, looking for forgiveness. Having sought forgiveness of his wayward rebellion, he not only found it with his brothers and sisters, but we see that his Father was overly joyous to see his son walking upon the only path which was leading him home, the path of repentance.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]While he was out there in the world, he was dead in his rebellion and was considered lost without a Shepherd. But he repented of his wickedness and prayed to his Father if perhaps the thought of his heart would be forgiven him and through this repentance we see that this lost son was found and had a Shepherd once again and that he became alive once AGAIN after he was found walking back in sorrow. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Now these questions beg to be asked: what if he decided that salvaging for the swine's pods under the sweat of his brow were the place he wanted to be? What if he wanted to remain a servant of another? What if God was never hearkened to before he died? Can it be said that the son found forgiven even though he never sought it before he died? Did he not become alive AGAIN when he turned back towards home in repentance and was then found not to be lost? Give 1Co 5:13 consideration.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I hope I have made my point: contend for your faith so that you would be found to have been a faithful servant worthy of his pay: an everlasting fellowship with our Creator, as it was before we rebelled. Think not that you can live as a servant of the swine and a servant of God. As you are out in the world living in habitual sin, you are under God's judgment. 'Come home my wayward child", is God's beckoning echoed behind you. RE-turn home!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Parable of the Lost Son (from some website)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.“Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. [/FONT]

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate. [/FONT]

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’ “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’“‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]For what is it to me to also judge those outside, if you* by no means judge those within you* = judgment begins at the church. How can you judge others righteously when you do not judge those of your own house?[/FONT]

G

GreenNnice

New International Version 1984

9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”

--------^^^^^-------vvvvvvvvvvvvvv---------
The prodigal son requires a thinking understanding, revealed tiniest detail by detail, by the Lord. What of this 'prodigal' can be paralleled with this 'immoral.' What or this son, he was a believer. What of this immoral man, having done the dirty with his father's wife, this immoral's stepmom, NOT mom, if be any confusion. He was called a 'brother' by Paul, too, part of this Corinth body who Paul stated early in 1 Cor. 1 had spiritual gifts, that was not something to even remotely fight over, who were 'saints called of the work of Jesus Christ,' does it say in early chapter 1 of 1 Cor. too, no?

So, this is an interesting extrapolation and co-urging by cee that we must hearken to He who calls us and risking going off away from the Father's hand (TAKEN!) is not wise, Satan is cunning, you, in that brief respite of freedom only THINK you are wise. :(

Paul questions rhetorically that 'what business is of the church to expose the deeds of darkness of a turned, evil man, who took the cup of Satan, does any certain betrayer of Jesus come to mind? When WE take the cup that the greed inside us (our FLESH) willingly gives in to,cSATAN is right THERE to SNATCH us up all the while cradling us as he let's us drink this 'cup' of DEATH ! JUDAS died, didn't he, his greed deed became his own undoing of dying, DYING in the field he bought for 30 shrieks of silver, the 'Field of Blood.'

God will harden our hearts further in some cases or just allow the wicked to be Hung and strung, so to speak, by Satan. Read John 12 for more on this, middle verses of chapter, think its 27-37.

But Paul is wickedly direct about the sin of an immoral person in the church, don't just sit there, GET togETHER and tell this man, in Love, HE NEEDS TO GO, prophetically, righteously JUDGED , because this man IS part of this believing body (nonbelievers outside church are God alone's JUDGING, ), , God will deal with his sin and that is good, great, rather, for God to show man way to mercy, away from judgment, for the alternative is SATAN taking this immoral's soul !

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cfultz3

Direct KJV from E-Sword:

1Co 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
1Co 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
1Co 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
1Co 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
1Co 6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

Textus Receptus expressed out

1Co 6:1τολμαG5111 V-PAI-3S - (any dare) τιςG5100 X-NSM - (any) υμωνG4771 P-2GP - (of you*) πραγμαG4229 N-ASN - (a matter) εχωνG2192 V-PAP-NSM - (having) προςG4314 PREP - (towards) τονG3588 T-ASM ετερονG2087 A-ASM - (one another) κρινεσθαιG2919 V-PPN - (to be judged) επιG1909 PREP - (over by) τωνG3588 T-GPM αδικωνG94 A-GPM - (those wicked) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) ουχιG3780 PRT-I - (not at all be judge(intens. abs. neg.)) επιG1909 PREP - (over by) τωνG3588 T-GPM αγιωνG40 A-GPM - (those holy (saints))

1Co 6:2ουκG3756 PRT-N - (not (abs,. ng.)) οιδατεG1492 V-RAI-2P - (you* had known) οτιG3754 CONJ - (that) οιG3588 T-NPM αγιοιG40 A-NPM - (the saints (holy ones)) τονG3588 T-ASM κοσμονG2889 N-ASM - (this world (orderly arrangement)) κρινουσινG2919 V-FAI-3P - (saints shall judge (judicially distinguish)) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) ειG1487 COND - (if) ενG1722 PREP - (by (instrumentality)) υμινG4771 P-2DP - (you*) κρινεταιG2919 V-PPI-3S - (world is judged) οG3588 T-NSM κοσμοςG2889 N-NSM - (this world (orderly arrangement)) αναξιοιG370 A-NPM - (unfit) εστεG1510 V-PAI-2P - (you* are) κριτηριωνG2922 N-GPN - (of judgments (suits, cases)(as by having a judge's seat)) ελαχιστωνG1646 A-GPN-S - (of smaller matters)

1Co 6:3ουκG3756 PRT-N - (not(abs. neg.)) οιδατεG1492 V-RAI-2P - (you* had known) οτιG3754 CONJ - (that) αγγελουςG32 N-APM - (angels) κρινουμενG2919 V-FAI-1P - (you* shall judge (judicially distinguish)) μητιG3385 PRT-I - (you* had not known whether at all) γεG1065 PRT - (if indeed) βιωτικαG982 A-APN - (you* shall judge things of this life)

1Co 6:4βιωτικαG982 A-APN - (things of this life) μενG3303 PRT - (indeed) ουνG3767 CONJ - (accordingly) κριτηριαG2922 N-APN - (judgments over(suits, cases)(as by having a judge's seat)) εανG1437 COND - (if...then) εχητεG2192 V-PAS-2P - (you* would have) τουςG3588 T-APM εξουθενημενουςG1848 V-RPP-APM - (the ones having had been least esteemed) ενG1722 PREP - (in) τηG3588 T-DSF εκκλησιαG1577 N-DSF - (the church (calling-out)) τουτουςG3778 D-APM - (those) καθιζετεG2523 V-PAI-2P - (then you* appoint to those judgments)

1Co 6:5προςG4314 PREP - (towards) εντροπηνG1791 N-ASF - (confusion (shame (in the sense of being confounded (G1788)))) υμινG4771 P-2DP - (in you*) λεγωG3004 V-PAI-1S - (I speak) ουτωςG3779 ADV - (as) ουκG3756 PRT-N - (no (abs. neg.)) εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S - (wise is) ενG1722 PREP - (in) υμινG4771 P-2DP - (you* (the church)) σοφοςG4680 A-NSM - (wise person) ουδεG3761 CONJ-N - (nor) ειςG1520 A-NSM - (one) οςG3739 R-NSM - (who) δυνησεταιG1410 V-FDI-3S - (who will enable himself (middle deponent)) διακριναιG1252 V-AAN - (to have discerned) αναG303 PREP - (evenly (in the middle: fairly)) μεσονG3319 A-ASN - (between) τουG3588 T-GSM αδελφουG80 N-GSM - (the brother) αυτουG846 P-GSM - (his)

1Co 6:6αλλαG235 CONJ - (but rather) αδελφοςG80 N-NSM - (a brother) μεταG3326 PREP - (with) αδελφουG80 N-GSM - (a brother) κρινεταιG2919 V-PPI-3S - (brother is judged) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) τουτοG3778 D-NSN - (this same verdict) επιG1909 PREP - (after) απιστωνG571 A-GPM - (unbelievers)

Personal rendition with grammatical notes:

1Co 6:1-6 Any of you* having a matter towards one another dare to be judged over by those wicked and not at all (intens. abs. neg.) be judge over by those holy(saints)? You* had not (abs,. ng.) known that the saints (holy ones) shall judge (judicially distinguish) this world (orderly arrangement)? And if this world is judged by (instrumentality) you*, you* are unfit of judgments (suits, cases)(as by having a judge's seat) of smaller matters? You* had not (abs. neg.) known that you* shall judge angels? You* had not known whether at all if indeed you* shall judge things of this life? Accordingly, if you* indeed would have judgments (suits, cases)(as by having a judge's seat)over things of this life, then appoint those having been least esteemed in the church (calling-out) to those judgments. I speak towards confusion (shame (in the sense of being confounded (G1788))) in you*, as no (abs. neg.) wise person is in you* (the church) nor one who will enable himself (middle deponent) to have discerned evenly between his brother. But rather, a brother is judged with a brother and that same verdict after unbelievers!

Talking points:

shall judge (Future Active Indicative)...world is judged (Present Passive Indicative) = first note that the KJV have both in the future tense. But, it is interesting to note the two tenses used in verse 2. We all have a glimpse of understanding that there will be 12 judgment seats for 'humans' to judge the 12 tribes of Israel from Mat 19:28 and Luk 22:30, and without getting into the mechanics of how, who, when, and why, let us agree that there are 12 seats for humans to judge from. And just because they are judgment seats, that neither means that we are to hand out verdicts of condemnation, of which sort of judgment only belongs to the Lord. I think, seeing that through authority verdicts could be given, being made kings and priests (Rev 1:6), and whatever other authority which He shall give to us in His Kingdom, that we are not judges as the Lord is a Judge, but that through the seat we are given to seat upon, we display the diversities of gifts given to us by God's Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 lists nine of them (word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discernment, tongues, interpretation of tongues). Romans 12:6-8 gives addition to this list and 1 Corinthians 12:28 (apostles, prophets, teachers) expands Romans.

What I find interesting is, 'the world is judged', as though it has already been judged by us. I understand that Christ is the Judge and it is His adverse or blessed verdict which falls on all. So it cannot mean that we have judged the world, as to be one who passes a verdict. Could it mean that the world through us is judged based on the gifts given to us by God? Example: Christ is our wisdom from God, through this wisdom, we speak judgment. Again, through healing: we show God as equitable (perfect in His love towards all) and merciful.

This is very interesting and I would like for us to expand upon this. What are some thoughts and Scriptures to help us to understand what is being spoken about here?

C

cfultz3

Direct KJV from E-Sword:

1Co 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
1Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 6:7 ηδηG2235 ADV - (already) μενG3303 PRT - (indeed) ουνG3767 CONJ - (therefore) ολωςG3654 ADV - (utterly) ηττημαG2275 N-NSN - (a deterioration (failure, fault, defeat (from G2274: to make worse))) ενG1722 PREP - (in) υμινG4771 P-2DP - (you* (the church)) εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S - (deterioration is) οτιG3754 CONJ - (because) κριματαG2917 N-APN - (judgments (verdicts)) εχετεG2192 V-PAI-2P - (you* have) μεθG3326 PREP - (among (association)) εαυτωνG1438 F-2GPM - (your selves) διαG1223 PREP - (because of (channel of an act)) τιG5101 I-ASN - (what) ουχιG3780 PRT-I - (not indeed (intens. abs. neg.)) μαλλονG3123 ADV - (rather) αδικεισθεG91 V-PPI-2P - (you*be done wrong) διαG1223 PREP - (because of (channel of an act)) τιG5101 I-ASN - (what) ουχιG3780 PRT-I - (not indeed (intens. abs. neg.)) μαλλονG3123 ADV - (rather) αποστερεισθεG650 V-PPI-2P - (you* be deprived (defrauded)) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 6:8 αλλαG235 CONJ - (but rather) υμειςG4771 P-2NP - (you*) αδικειτεG91 V-PAI-2P - (you* do wrong) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) αποστερειτεG650 V-PAI-2P - (you* do deprive) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) ταυταG3778 D-NPN - (these things you* do towards) αδελφουςG80 N-APM - (brothers) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 6:9 ηG2228 PRT - (or) ουκG3756 PRT-N - (not (abs. neg.)) οιδατεG1492 V-RAI-2P - (had you* known) οτιG3754 CONJ - (that) αδικοιG94 A-NPM - (the unjust (violate justice)) βασιλειανG932 N-ASF - (Kingdom) θεουG2316 N-GSM - (God's) ουG3756 PRT-N - (not (abs. neg.)) κληρονομησουσινG2816 V-FAI-3P - (unjust shall inherit) μηG3361 PRT-N - (not (qual. neg.)) πλανασθεG4105 V-PPM-2P - (you* ought be deceived ) ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (neither) πορνοιG4205 N-NPM - (fornicators) ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (nor) ειδωλολατραιG1496N-NPM - (idolaters) ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (nor) μοιχοιG3432 N-NPM - (adulterers) ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (nor) μαλακοιG3120 A-NPM - (effeminates (catamites in the sense of playing the opposite gender in a same sex relationship)) ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (nor) αρσενοκοιταιG733 N-NPM - (sodomites (the mates of the effeminates)) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 6:10 ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (nor) κλεπταιG2812 N-NPM - (thieves) ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (nor) πλεονεκταιG4123 N-NPM - (covetous) ουτεG3777 CONJ-N - (nor) μεθυσοιG3183 N-NPM - (drunkards) ουG3756 PRT-N - (none (abs. neg.)) λοιδοροιG3060 A-NPM - (revilious (evilly speaking)) ουχG3756 PRT-N - (none (abs. neg.)) αρπαγεςG727 A-NPM - (extortionious) βασιλειανG932 N-ASF - (Kingdom) θεουG2316 N-GSM - (God's) ουG3756 PRT-N - (not (abs. neg.)) κληρονομησουσινG2816 V-FAI-3P - (they shall inherit) [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Co 6:7-10 Therefore, a deterioration (failure, fault, defeat (from G2274: to make worse)) is utterly indeed already in you* (the church) because you* have judgments (verdicts) among (association) your selves. Because of what? You* rather not indeed (intens. abs. neg.) be done wrong? Because of what? You* rather not indeed (intens. abs. neg.) be deprived (defrauded)? But rather, you* do wrong and do deprive, and these things you* do towards brothers! Or had you* not (abs. neg.) known that the unjust (violate justice) shall not (abs. neg.) inherit God's Kingdom? You* ought not (qual. neg.) be deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminates (catamites in the sense of playing the opposite gender in a same sex relationship), nor sodomites (the manly mates of the effeminates), nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkard, none (abs. neg.) revilious (evilly speaking), none (abs. neg.) extortionious. They shall not (abs. neg.) inherit God's Kingdom.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]deterioration = Spiritually speaking, that which breaks down the union of the Body, collectively and individually, causes what could be called a 'fracture' which, over time, expands until there is division, a crack in the Body's harmony.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]you* do wrong and deprive = that which belongs to a fellow of the Body, does not actually belong to that individual, but belongs to the Church (not the building, but to each other). It is but material things compared to our everlasting treasures in Heaven.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Jn 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Jn 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]had you* not known that the unjust shall not inherit God's Kingdom = he just told them how unjust they were by taking a brother to court for what was being considered to be a wrong done towards another by defraud, instead of going to the saints who are to be the judges of the world. Those who took it to court was actually the ones who were doing the wrong thing and was depriving another brother of was to have been freely given to him out of love. They were being unjust in their action against the brother.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]unjust...you* ought not be deceived = he is saying that we are not to be deceived into thinking that since we are Christians, we can do unjustly and be not held accountable as those who he listed. In the absolute tone, he is saying that anyone who is not practicing justice (equality), WILL NOT inherit God's Kingdom. There is no doubt in the usage of the absolute negative, we are to be equatable (perfect) in our dealings with those we consider brothers and those we consider enemies, just as our Father in Heaven.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. [/FONT]

G

GreenNnice

Pretty plain and simple this one who WAS a partaking believer in this Corinth church became unrighteous.

Unrighteous= wrong standing (relationship) with God. IF the man HAD asked for forgiveness, all is well, Christ peeps, we are not having this conversation. However, this 'brother,' 'so-called' brother did never REPENT. This is a critical thing, cee is not there yet but in 2 Cor. 2 Paul speaks of the importance of asking forgiveness EVEN WHEN Paul wasn't sure of needing to ask forvit or not, afterall, it was the Corinth church following by lack of punishing this adultering man (sex with stepmom was offense) GRIEVED Paul.
So, why does Paul initiate leadershio, asking forcforgiveness even tho 9 of 10 odds he did nothing needing forgiveness?

Satan !

Ok, so don't be unrighteousness, it's result , if NOT treated by fasting out offender and lettingcGod handle Him, is DEATH to you, too, for YOU will have CHOSEN Satan's clutches :(

Choose Christ, be bold, my fellow peeps :)