10 BRIDEMAIDS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Matthew 5:17-18, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete. For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one yod or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.”
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

G3331
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is
From G3346; transposition, that is, transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law): - change, removing, translation.

Same word used here:

Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Clarke:

There is made of necessity a change also of the law - The very essence of the Levitical law consisting in its sacrificial offerings; and as these could not confer perfection, could not reconcile God to man, purify the unholy heart, nor open the kingdom of heaven to the souls of men, consequently it must be abolished, according to the order of God himself; for he said, Sacrifice and offering, and burnt-offering, and sacrifice for sin, he would not; see Psa_40:6, Psa_40:7, compared with Heb_10:5-10, and with Psa_110:4, where it is evident God designed to change both the law and the priesthood, and to introduce Jesus as the only Priest and Sacrifice, and to substitute the Gospel system for that of the Levitical institutions.

So since we know the law was changed, let's go back to what Christ said:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Not even a "period" from the law could be removed or changed until "heaven and earth pass". The law did change and in a quite a large way thus we know that heaven and earth did pass away at the cross. This of course is a reference to a heaven and earth age passing not the actual Heaven or Earth disappearing or being replaced.

Revelation 21:1-2, “And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. And I, Yoḥanan, saw the set-apart city, renewed Yerushalayim, coming down out of the heaven from Yah, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

Did Revelation 21 already happen?
No. This is a reference to the literal new heaven and new Earth rather than heaven and Earth ages.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

G3331
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is
From G3346; transposition, that is, transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law): - change, removing, translation.

Same word used here:

Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Clarke:

There is made of necessity a change also of the law - The very essence of the Levitical law consisting in its sacrificial offerings; and as these could not confer perfection, could not reconcile God to man, purify the unholy heart, nor open the kingdom of heaven to the souls of men, consequently it must be abolished, according to the order of God himself; for he said, Sacrifice and offering, and burnt-offering, and sacrifice for sin, he would not; see Psa_40:6, Psa_40:7, compared with Heb_10:5-10, and with Psa_110:4, where it is evident God designed to change both the law and the priesthood, and to introduce Jesus as the only Priest and Sacrifice, and to substitute the Gospel system for that of the Levitical institutions.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Not even a "period" from the law could be removed or changed until "heaven and earth pass". The law did change and in a quite a large way thus we know that heaven and earth did pass away at the cross. This of course is a reference to a heaven and earth age passing not the actual Heaven or Earth disappearing or being replaced.

No. This is a reference to the literal new heaven and new Earth rather than heaven and Earth ages.
They are both references to the literal heaven and earth. Nowhere does Mat 5 say the earth ages, it says "heaven and earth"

It may not be revealed any longer, as it was already revealed but it is easier...

Luke 16:16-17, “The Law and the Prophets were until John, since that time the Kingdom of YHWH is preached, and every man is pressed to enter it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail.”

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
What is your timing for this event concerning the 10 Bridemaids???
immediately after the tribulation, seperating sheep from the goats, when He returns, still future

John 5:28-30, “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the tombs shall hear His voice, and shall come forth – those who have practiced righteousness, to the resurrection of life, and those who have practiced evil matters, to a resurrection of judgment. Of Myself I am unable to do any matter. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own desire, but the desire of the Father who sent Me.”

Isaiah 24:1-6, "See, יהוה is making the earth empty and making it waste, and shall overturn its surface, and shall scatter abroad its inhabitants. 2 And it shall be – as with the people so with the priest, as with the servant so with his master, as with the female servant so with her mistress, as with the buyer so with the seller, as with the lender so with the borrower, as with the creditor so with the debtor; 3 the earth is completely emptied and utterly plundered, for יהוה has spoken this word. 4 The earth shall mourn and wither, the world shall languish and wither, the haughty people of the earth shall languish. 5 For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torah, changed the law, broken the everlasting covenant. 6 Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left.”

Mat 24:21-22, "For then will be great tribulation, such as has not come to pass since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever will be. And unless those days were shortened, there would no flesh be saved; but for the elect's sake, those days will be shortened."

Mat 24:29-31, “And immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give its light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Aḏam shall appear in the heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Aḏam coming on the clouds of the heaven with power and much esteem. And He shall send His messengers with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
immediately after the tribulation, seperating sheep from the goats, when He returns, still future

John 5:28-30, “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the tombs shall hear His voice, and shall come forth – those who have practiced righteousness, to the resurrection of life, and those who have practiced evil matters, to a resurrection of judgment. Of Myself I am unable to do any matter. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own desire, but the desire of the Father who sent Me.”

Isaiah 24:1-6, "See, יהוה is making the earth empty and making it waste, and shall overturn its surface, and shall scatter abroad its inhabitants. 2 And it shall be – as with the people so with the priest, as with the servant so with his master, as with the female servant so with her mistress, as with the buyer so with the seller, as with the lender so with the borrower, as with the creditor so with the debtor; 3 the earth is completely emptied and utterly plundered, for יהוה has spoken this word. 4 The earth shall mourn and wither, the world shall languish and wither, the haughty people of the earth shall languish. 5 For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torah, changed the law, broken the everlasting covenant. 6 Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left.”

Mat 24:21-22, "For then will be great tribulation, such as has not come to pass since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever will be. And unless those days were shortened, there would no flesh be saved; but for the elect's sake, those days will be shortened."

Mat 24:29-31, “And immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give its light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Aḏam shall appear in the heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Aḏam coming on the clouds of the heaven with power and much esteem. And He shall send His messengers with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”
Have some questions--I assume you dont believe anyone enters the 1000 years of Christ with flesh and blood? If you do where do they come from?

Those in the sheep/goat judgements came thru the Tribulation?

The Tribulation is not seven years??

I dont see anywhere where it speaks of a resurrection when the Lord returns to earth??

The few men who are left are unrighteous?

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Have some questions--I assume you dont believe anyone enters the 1000 years of Christ with flesh and blood? If you do where do they come from?
John 3:5-7, 5 יהושע answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he is unable to enter into the reign of Elohim. 6 “That which has been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which has been born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 “Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You have to be born from above.’

We are not spirit, but we are flash and blood currently. This in 1 Peter 1:3-9 is the translating.born into spirit body

1 Peter 1:3-9, “Blessed be the Elohim and Father of our Master יהושע Messiah, who according to His great compassion has caused us to be born again (#G313) to a living expectation through the resurrection of יהושע Messiah from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, having been kept in the heavens for you, who are protected by the power of Yah through belief, for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time,...."

1st resurrection translated into spirit body

Rev 20:4-6, “And I saw thrones – and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them – and the lives of those who had been beheaded because of the witness they bore to יהושע and because of the Word of the Mighty One, and who did not worship the beast, nor his image, and did not receive his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they lived and reigned with Messiah for a thousand years and the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended) this is the first resurrection. Blessed and set-apart is the one having part in the first resurrection. The second death possesses no authority over these, but they shall be priests of יהוה and of Messiah, and shall reign with Him a thousand years."

2nd resurrection thown into fire

Revelation 20:11-15, "And I saw a great white throne and Him who was sitting on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before the throne, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged from what was written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and She’ol gave up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 And Death and She’ol were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death.a And if anyone was not found written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

It says "few men will be left"

Possibly some of these make it through in the flesh, but it is not clear if they will or will not, remember what Isa 24:1-6 just said, the Earth destroyed, but "few men left"

Revelation 6:15-16, 15 And the sovereigns of the earth, and the great ones, and the rich ones, and the commanders, and the mighty, and every slave and every free one, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us Hos 10:8 from the face of Him sitting on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb,"

Isaiah 66:22-24, 22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make stand before Me,” declares יהוה, “so your seed and your name shall stand. 23 “And it shall be that from New moon to New moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,” declares יהוה. 24 “And they shall go forth and look upon the corpses of the men who have transgressed against Me. For their worm shall not die, and their fire not be quenched. And they shall be repulsive to all flesh!”

This proves that flesh and blood humans will be alive during that 1,000 years, yet Rev 20:4-6 and 1 Peter 1:3-9 all the righteous will be translated into spirit bodies. So where exactly they come from is not clearly written but I have 2 theories, however I don't want to get into theory too much in a Biblical Discussion Forum.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Those in the sheep/goat judgements came thru the Tribulation?
Only the sheep are translaed, possibly some goats could hide under mountian facilities

Revelation 6:15-16, 15 And the sovereigns of the earth, and the great ones, and the rich ones, and the commanders, and the mighty, and every slave and every free one, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us Hos 10:8 from the face of Him sitting on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb,"

Isaiah 24:1-6, "..... 6 Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left.”

The Tribulation is not seven years?
There are diffent views on this, it could be 7, 3 1/2 or longer but the wrath is seems to be 3 /12 years. I have not studied Daniel in maybe 5+ years on purpose because Im going to re study it like I have never read it before and see if I come to the same conclusion I did before.

I dont see anywhere where it speaks of a resurrection when the Lord returns to earth?

Revelation 11:15, 15 And the seventh messenger sounded, and there came to be loud voices in the heaven, saying, “The reign of this world has become the reign of our Master, and of His Messiah, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

Hosea 6:1-3, “Come, and let us turn back to יהוה. For He has torn but He does heal us, He has stricken but He binds us up. After two days He shall revive us, on the third day He shall raise us up, so that we live before Him. So let us know, let us pursue to know יהוה. His going forth is as certain as the morning. And He comes to us like the rain, like the latter rain watering the earth.”

Daniel 12:1-3, “Now at that time Miḵa’yl shall stand up, the great head who is standing over the sons of your people. And there shall be a time of distress, such as never was since there was a nation, until that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, every one who is found written in the book, and many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth wake up, some to everlasting life, and some to reproaches, everlasting abhorrence. And those who have insight shall shine like the brightness of the expanse, and those who lead many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.”

The few men who are left are unrighteous?
Not clearly written, possible according to the Prophets.

Finally

The Moadim give a nice overview of this in the Fall Feasts:

The Feast Days are prophetic shodow pictures of the works of Yahshua/Jesus 1st and 2nd coming

There are 2 "it is done" statements...

Fulfilled already
John 19:30, “So when יהושע took the sour wine He said, “It is done!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.”

Fulfilled already
1. Passover/First-fruits – Yahshua's Sacrifice(Passover), burial and resurrection (Presenting Hiself to YHWH - First Fruits)
2. Feast of Unleavened Bread – Removal of sin by Yahshua's perfect work as the Passover Sacrifice
3. Feast of Weeks – The blessing Holy Spirit of YHWH, coming into our lives stronger than ever

To be fulfilled in the future
4. Feast of Trumpets – Yahshua's return and gathering of the Saints
5. Day of Atonement – Yahshua leads the army of YHWH to destroy evil rulers of this world and satan is chained for 1,000 years
6. Feast of Tabernacles – Yahshua dwells on earth for 1,000 years teaching truth and righteousness
7. The Last Great Day – satan is loosed and swiftly destroyed, the Kingdom of YHWH reigns forever

To be fulfilled in the future
Revelation 21:4-8, “And Yah shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying. And there shall be no more pain, for the former matters have passed away. And He who was sitting on the throne said, “See, I make all matters new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and trustworthy. And He said to me, “It is done! I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the Beginning and the End. To the one who thirsts I shall give of the fountain of the water of life without payment. The one who overcomes shall inherit all this, and I shall be his Strength and he shall be My son. But as for the cowardly, and untrustworthy, and abominable, and murderers, and those who whore, and drug sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the false, their part is in the lake which burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There was no delay in the story. The foolish did not prepare properly and didn't have enough oil to keep their lamps lit. It's their fault not the bridegroom's fault.

Yes, going out during darkness to buy is definitely a reference to buying and selling during the tribulation. The 5 foolish represent those of the Apostasy that abandon Christ and are marked.
Amen the parables are communicating the message of Gods kingdom

“Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. (jesus return )And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

( The point of the parable )
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:1, 3-4, 6, 10-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

she was trying to teach them not to be complacent and just assume thier saved rather they should be preparing for the day they meet Jesus .

it’s more of the same in this kingdom parable it’s a call to repentance action and not becoming complacent and returning to sinful living

“Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his Lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My Lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; the Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, and shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:42-51‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s also on Paul’s letters

“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep, sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:1-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And peters

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:10-18‬ ‭

There’s a constant call for the believer to do right and not go back to the life of sin. Though at times I must say I’ve struggled with different areas over seven decades and never have reached perfect but still believe the lords gonna save me so I think repentence needs to be explored we to what it really is and how it comes to us and what the result is

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
This is a bittersweet story where all 10 bridemaids were prepared to meet the Lord but there was a delay and some became disillusioned and because of their actions they became the foolish. Sleeping sometimes refers to a christian's death before the resurrection but in this case they are fully alive. The Bridegroom was obviously the Lord. There was no condemnation for those sleeping as they waited on the Lord. The jewish wedding analogy is deeply entrenched in this story. It was custom in the days of Yeshua that the bridemaids escorted the Bride to the Bridegoom's abode ( in this case heaven ) along with the entourage of the Bridegroom. The bridegroom always came at night and tried to surprise the Bride and always came after dark so lamps were needed.

IMO the Bridemaids represents Israel; as God had always intended Israel to bring the message of salvation to the entire world, both jew and gentile alike. The nation of Israel was to lead the gentiles the way to Christ.

This story takes place during the Tribulation. The time of peace and security is over for Israel. A rebellion and a falling away is taking place. The foolish are saying: Is this the one we seek?? The dealers re the disciples of the antichrist leading some to destruction. The oil these dealers are selling is fuel for the lake of Fire!

We looked for peace, but no good came, for a time of healing, but behold terror. The snorting of the horses ( disciples ) is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallilons the whole land quakes. They come to devour the land all the fills it, the city ( jerusalem ) and those that dwell in it Jeremiah 8: 15-16
Matthew 25:1-13 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

I do not look at this as Israel but the saints whether Jew or Gentile.

3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

The Bible says thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

It appears it means the foolish was not well versed in the scriptures, and the wise were well versed in the scriptures.

Which the Bible says study to show thyself approved of God a workman that needs not to be ashamed.

The foolish took their lamps but no oil, and the wise took oil in the vessels with their lamps.

Which appears to mean the foolish did not have the Spirit which they fell short of understanding God's word, and overcoming the flesh, which some have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof, ever learning and never able to come to the truth.

The wise took oil in their vessels which seems like in themselves having the Spirit along with the lamp the word of God.

5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Because the foolish did not have the Spirit they could not be taken to heaven for they could not overcome the flesh which Jesus said the hypocrites will not be able to dwell with Him.

The wise had the Spirit so they could be caught up top be with Jesus.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Matthew 25:1-13 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

I do not look at this as Israel but the saints whether Jew or Gentile.

3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

The Bible says thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

It appears it means the foolish was not well versed in the scriptures, and the wise were well versed in the scriptures.

Which the Bible says study to show thyself approved of God a workman that needs not to be ashamed.

The foolish took their lamps but no oil, and the wise took oil in the vessels with their lamps.

Which appears to mean the foolish did not have the Spirit which they fell short of understanding God's word, and overcoming the flesh, which some have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof, ever learning and never able to come to the truth.

The wise took oil in their vessels which seems like in themselves having the Spirit along with the lamp the word of God.

5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Because the foolish did not have the Spirit they could not be taken to heaven for they could not overcome the flesh which Jesus said the hypocrites will not be able to dwell with Him.

The wise had the Spirit so they could be caught up top be with Jesus.

Then who would be the Bride?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018

So the foolish had the Spirit but ran out? That doesn't sound right. I think the oil is faith. You can start out with some faith but run out.

The olive oil in the lamps is faith.

Mat_24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Here a servant is not only faithful but wise! Like the wise virgins who did not run out of faith.

Mat_25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mat_25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Luk_12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

Luk_16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

Luk_16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

Luk_16:12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

Luk_19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

He spoke so much about the faithful servant in relationship to his Return and the parable of the ten virgins is about who he finds when he returns and he finds 5 wise virgins. They were faithful and wise IMO just like the others Christ mentioned above.

Rev_17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
They are both references to the literal heaven and earth. Nowhere does Mat 5 say the earth ages, it says "heaven and earth"

Which can be understood as shorthand for ages of those things. Remember, the law did change so heaven and earth passed in some form.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Which can be understood as shorthand for ages of those things. Remember, the law did change so heaven and earth passed in some form.
Everything changed, and incredibly so, at the cross. People's understanding of eschatology has gotten in the way of enjoying a new life in Christ in which all things are made new...2 Corinthians 5:17.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Y
Of course it never means what it says... Here are 7 passages stating it clearly will pass, there are many more also, but here are some.

Where is your Scripture showing heaven and earth passing is shorthand for an era or age? because I have a ton of Scripture showing heaven and earth passing and a new heaven and earth...

Matthew 5:17-18, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete*1. For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one yod or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.”

Revelation 21:1-2, “And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. And I, Yoḥanan, saw the set-apart city, renewed Yerushalayim, coming down out of the heaven from Yah, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

Isaiah 66:22-24, "“For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make stand before Me,” declares יהוה, “so your seed and your name shall stand. “And it shall be that from New moon to New moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath,b all flesh shall come to worship before Me,” declares יהוה. Footnote: bPossible meaning: Every week on the Sabbath. “And they shall go forth and look upon the corpses of the men who have transgressed against Me. For their worm shall not die, and their fire not be quenched. And they shall be repulsive to all flesh!”

Isaiah 65:17, ""For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind."

2 Peter 3:9-14, “9 יהוה is not slow in regard to the promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward us, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of יהוה shall come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with intense heat, and the earth and the works that are in it shall be burned up. 11 Seeing all these are to be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be in set-apart behavior and reverence, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of Elohim, through which the heavens shall be destroyed, being set on fire, and the elements melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we wait for a renewed heavens and a renewed earth in which righteousness dwells. 14 So then, beloved ones, looking forward to this, do your utmost to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless.”

Isaiah 51:6, 6 “Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look on the earth beneath, for the heavens shall vanish like smoke, and the earth wear out like a garment, and those who dwell in it die as gnats. But My deliverance is forever, and My righteousness is not broken."

1 John 2:17, 17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but the one doing the desire of Elohim remains forever."

Malachi/Malakyah 4:1-4, “For look, the day shall come, burning like a furnace, and all the proud, and every wrongdoer shall be stubble. And the day that shall come shall burn them up,” said יהוה of hosts, “which leaves to them neither root nor branch. 2 “But to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. And you shall go out and leap for joy like calves from the stall. 3 “And you shall trample the wrongdoers, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this,” said יהוה of hosts. 4 “Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant, which I commanded him in Ḥorĕḇ for all Yisra’ĕl – laws and right-rulings."

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Everything changed, and incredibly so, at the cross. People's understanding of eschatology has gotten in the way of enjoying a new life in Christ in which all things are made new...2 Corinthians 5:17.
Yet one of the main inward changes

1 John 3:24, “And the one guarding His commands stays in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He stays in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.”

Ezekiel 36:26-28, "A new heart, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments, and do them. And you will dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you will be My people, and I will be your Father."

Hebrews 10:16, “This is the covenant that I shall make with them after those days, says יהוה, giving My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I shall write them.”

Im told is justified by works, legalisim or judizing, not saying you said that, but I get that when quoting verses like that. The 5 chaste maidens surely did not reject the indwelling of the Spirit Hebrews 10:16 and the other verses I posted speak of, yet this is denied as well as all the verses showing the literal pass of heaven and earth...

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Where is your Scripture showing heaven and earth passing is shorthand for an era or age?
Let's first establish the fact that the law changed. Once that is agreed upon, then we know heaven and Earth passed away because the law could not change until that happened.

I'll re-post and show me where there is an issue:

G3331
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is

Same word used here:

Clarke:

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Let's first establish the fact that the law changed. Once that is agreed upon, then we know heaven and Earth passed away because the law could not change until that happened.

I'll re-post and show me where there is an issue:

G3331
metathesis
met-ath'-es-is

Same word used here:

Clarke:

Yet you ignored ALL the verses showing Heaven and Earth will literally be destroyed.

Also I understand Hebrews, I spent alot of time in prayer and study, there is a different in the original language yet "change" is applied 2 two different words:

Hebrews 7:13, “For He of whom this is said belongs to another tribe, from which no one had attended at the Altar. For it is perfectly clear that our Master arose from Yehuḏah, a tribe about which Mosheh never spoke of concerning priesthood.”

Hebrews 7:11-12, “Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed (#G3346), there is made of necessity a change (#G3331) also of the law.”

“For the priesthood being changed (#G3346), there is made of necessity a change (#G3331) also of the law.”

G3346 "change" is a removal of one (the Levitical priesthood ) and establishment of another (the priesthood after the order of Melchizedek)

G3331 "change" is a transfer (the law) form the Levitical to the order of Melchizedek

Luke 16:16-17, “The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to become void.”

The Levitical priesthood is deactivated, now the high priest is after the order of Melchizedek. The priesthood office remains the holder of the office changes. The law transfers mediation, and is mediated by the Messiah.

Hebrews 7:23-25, " 23 The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, 24 but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. 25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

Yet the Law of YHWH (not Moses) remains, and is mediated by Yahshua/Jesus

Matthew 5:17-18, " 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished."

Also an understandin of the Hebrew word "chadash" and why it has multiple entries in concordances is very helpful

Luke 16:16-17, “The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to become void.”

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
What is your timing for this event concerning the 10 Bridemaids???
I think that is an excellent question. Also you asked who is the bride? First the timing. It will be on a holy day as spelled out in Leviticus 23. If the Day of Pentecost/Shavuot, then the foolish virgins have not acquainted themselves to the Feasts of the LORD, which is a day of no labor, no buying or selling. (This occurs in the 3rd Hebrew month)

If it is the Feast of Trumpets, the day and hour no man knows because you are waiting on a visible crescent moon seen from Jerusalem. It is also another day of no labor, no buying or selling. (This occurs in the 7th Hebrew month)

I lean to a "rapture" occuring at Pentecost/Shavuot because this is the timing of the WHEAT HARVEST.
Mat_13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat_13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat_13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Who is the Bride? She recognizes that she is now free from the law of divorce and remarriage so that she can now remarry YHWH/YESHUA (The renewed Covenant/Contract/Marriage). She has accepted the Helper/Comforter the bridegroom has left her until He returns. She has left the idolatry and all vain pursuits to follow her Great Shepherd. She knows His voice and she obeys His commands. She can trust in the Bridegroom always and she will forever dwell with Him and will want to be the Proverbial wife that does her husband and children good always.

The bridegroom has left the bride for a short while, but He gave to us, His Bride, His loveletters of instructions and hope. He also warns of the consequences should He return and find her not diligently seeking Him and using His loveletters as a light or a lamp to light the path when she hears the shout "The bridegroom is coming".

Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

This following verse for me, I question if it might be Feast of Trumpets.

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Either way, I'll continue to read the loveletter and watch on both Feast Days for His RETURN.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Yet you ignored ALL the verses showing Heaven and Earth will literally be destroyed.
I was suppose to ignore them lol. No one disagrees with that.

The issue is whether or not the law changed, and if so, that means heaven and Earth passed away but in a non-literal sense.

Matthew 5:17-18, " 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished."
And more than an iota or dot changed, so heaven and earth did pass in some way. I propose it is a heaven and Earth age or period of time that changed and we know that the first covenant was replaced by the new so obviously the old covenant age ended and a new covenant age began, which Jesus referred to as a New heaven and Earth.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
I was suppose to ignore them lol. No one disagrees with that.

The issue is whether or not the law changed, and if so, that means heaven and Earth passed away but in a non-literal sense.

And more than an iota or dot changed, so heaven and earth did pass in some way. I propose it is a heaven and Earth age or period of time that changed and we know that the first covenant was replaced by the new so obviously the old covenant age ended and a new covenant age began, which Jesus referred to as a New heaven and Earth.
Explain to me how heaven and earth passing is fulfilled in another way, Im listening, im logging off, but Ill reply tomorrow, if im able, should be