10 Peaceful Thoughts on a Scary Election Day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
10 Peaceful Thoughts on a Scary Election Day

Nathan Joyce is the senior pastor of Heartland Worship Center

I woke up this morning anxious about the elections. I have my convictions about our local, state, and national candidates. I felt nervous that the outcome might not go my way.
During my time with Jesus this morning I had to confess the worry that was in my heart that stemmed from lack of confidence in Him. Jesus tells us not to worry, and when we do it tends to originate in the fact that our confidence has been placed in other places than Him. For a few moments worry and fear dominated my heart because my hope was placed in today’s election. Forgive me, Lord!
With that in mind, I hope to give you several thoughts that might bring peace to your heart on a very scary day.

(1) God governs the universe and will remain the supreme executive leader after today for eternity.

(2) The nations (including America) will rage and seek to have us put our confidence in them. The Bible says that they rage in vain.

(3) Nothing can overcome God’s ultimate plan to glorify Himself through His Son Jesus.

(4) God can use both good and bad circumstances to expand His kingdom. Whether you like the outcome or not, stay faithful to Jesus by praying that God will use all these things for His glory.

(5) If your candidates win, you will be tempted to place your hope and trust in those candidates.

(6) If your candidates lose, you will be tempted to lose hope and trust in God’s continued work.

(7) Win or lose, we will be tempted to forget our prime objective to make the name of Jesus great throughout the world. Legislation can protect godly values but it cannot enlarge the kingdom of God. Only the church can do that.

(8) Trust in God doesn’t make us passive. Pray, vote, and use your civic influence toward righteousness and justice.

(9) Trust in God makes us confident no matter the outcome. He has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and confidence. Perfect love casts out fear. If you are living in fear, you are not living “in Christ.”

(10) One day a unanimous bi-partisan election will occur in which every knee will bow, every tongue confess, and people of every nation, tribe, language, and culture will pronounce Jesus as Lord!

May you seek the God of peace today so that the peace of God remains within you!

Nathan Joyce is the senior pastor of Heartland Worship Center

willfollowsGod

Apr 14, 2011
Amen. I like those peaceful thoughts!