יְהוָה Is The Cause Of Deception

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 18, 2011
Whose doing was it, that the builders rejected the stone which has become the chief cornerstone? "This was the Lord's doing."

22 The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. 23 This was the Lord's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. (Psalm 118:22-23)

42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord's doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes'? (Matthew 21:42)

10 Have you not even read this Scripture: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. 11 This was the Lord's doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes'?" (Mark 12:10-11)

17 Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone'? 18 "Whoever falls on that stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder." (Luke 20:17-18)

1 Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, 2 being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. 4 However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand. 5 And it came to pass, on the next day, that their rulers, elders, and scribes, 6 as well as Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the family of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. 7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, "By what power or by what name have you done this?" 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: 9 If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, 10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:1-12)

4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame." 7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone," 8 and "A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. (2 Peter 2:4-8)

Mar 22, 2011
I agree. An its d same 2day. Ephesians 4 10 is so over looked cause wolfs have entered d church conquering d people of God. Giving them another gospel. Doctrines of devils

Jan 18, 2011
I agree. An its d same 2day. Ephesians 4 10 is so over looked cause wolfs have entered d church conquering d people of God. Giving them another gospel. Doctrines of devils
Right. The Lord caused them to reject the cornerstone.

S

Shwagga

Just to clarify, are you calling God a deceiver?

A

AnandaHya

"rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.'

its great to post scripture but you should interpret for others too or its just another tongue no one truly understands.

the key point is:

God takes what the world rejects and makes it clean and into LIVING STONES (which is us people, the ones who have the Holy Spirit living inside us) and together we form the CHURCH or the BODY of God and we do things together and in unity to show the world that GOD exist.

JESUS is our FOUNDATION and CORNERSTONE. The First BORN Son.
We are adopted children because of Jesus' love for us we are made right in the eyes of God. (if your not christain and don't have the Holy spirit just ignore the post, or confess and ask for God to help you out)

God does not deceive, people just don't get it.

Matthew 13:13-15 (New King James Version)

13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘ Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should[a]heal them.’

YouTube - EL SHADDAI BY AMY GRANT

Feb 24, 2011
You DO know that Hebrew word is God's name in Hebrew, right?

A

AnandaHya

yeah the title does make you want to scream heretic doesn't it?

Hey Trust, whose name are YOU trusting in?

Jan 18, 2011
yeah the title does make you want to scream heretic doesn't it?
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. (2 Timothy 2:24-26)

Hey Trust, whose name are YOU trusting in?
The name of the Lord: יְהוָה.

Jan 18, 2011
"rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.'

its great to post scripture but you should interpret for others too or its just another tongue no one truly understands.
I did. Didn't you read the OP?

the key point is:

God takes what the world rejects and makes it clean and into LIVING STONES (which is us people, the ones who have the Holy Spirit living inside us) and together we form the CHURCH or the BODY of God and we do things together and in unity to show the world that GOD exist.

JESUS is our FOUNDATION and CORNERSTONE. The First BORN Son.
We are adopted children because of Jesus' love for us we are made right in the eyes of God. (if your not christain and don't have the Holy spirit just ignore the post, or confess and ask for God to help you out)
Nothing you've said here relates to the topic. Did you read the scriptures I posted? These scriptures aren't talking about believers; they're talking about "the builders" who "rejected the stone which has become the chief cornerstone." The builders are the religious leaders, and the stone which has become the chief cornerstone is Christ (see Acts 4:1-12, which is in the OP).

Matthew 13:13-15 (New King James Version)

13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘ Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should[a]heal them.’

YouTube - EL SHADDAI BY AMY GRANT
This is a great example. And what does it mean?

11 And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that 'Seeing they may see and not perceive, And hearing they may hear and not understand; Lest they should turn, And their sins be forgiven them.' " (Mark 4:11-12)

As it says, he spoke in parables so that they would not perceive or understand. Why? "Lest they should turn, And their sins be forgiven them."

S

Shwagga

No, it's not our place to make accusations against the Lord. His ways are not our ways.
The title of your thread is יהוה (the Lord's name, for the sake of those who can not read Hebrew) is the cause of deception.. How are you not implying that the Lord is a deceiver?

Thanks.

Jan 18, 2011
The title of your thread is יהוה (the Lord's name, for the sake of those who can not read Hebrew) is the cause of deception.. How are you not implying that the Lord is a deceiver?

Thanks.
I never said that I was implying that He does not deceive. You asked if I was calling Him a deceiver, and I pointed out that it's not our place to make accusations against the Lord. Your language made it out to be an accusation, which it isn't. Maybe you hoped I wouldn't notice the way you were phrasing it. Seems deceptive. ;)

S

Shwagga

I never said that I was implying that He does not deceive. You asked if I was calling Him a deceiver, and I pointed out that it's not our place to make accusations against the Lord. Your language made it out to be an accusation, which it isn't. Maybe you hoped I wouldn't notice the way you were phrasing it. Seems deceptive. ;)
According to Oxford dictionary:

Deception:
Noun; the action of deceiving someone:obtaining property by deception.

Root:
Late Middle English: from late Latin deceptio(n-), from decipere 'deceive'.

Deceive:
Verb; (of a person) cause (someone) to believe something that is not true.

Deceiver:
The noun form of deceive.

Root:
Middle English: from Old French deceivre, from Latin decipere 'catch, ensnare, cheat'.

In short, the way you phrased the thread "the Lord is the cause of deception", is actually very insulting and you are actually calling God a deceiver.

S

Shwagga

I'd also like to add you aren't just calling God a deceiver but the very cause of all deception. The Bible attributes the deceiver role to satan, not God. Jesus said that satan has been lying since the beginning. (Not God)

Numbers 23:19 (NKJV)
“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Jan 18, 2011
I'd also like to add you aren't just calling God a deceiver but the very cause of all deception. The Bible attributes the deceiver role to satan, not God. Jesus said that satan has been lying since the beginning. (Not God)

Numbers 23:19 (NKJV)
“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
The first thing to note is that, although God "does whatever He pleases," it is nevertheless true that "God ... cannot lie" (and therefore, of course, does not lie).

3 But our God is in heaven; He does whatever He pleases. (Psalm 115:3)

2 in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began, (Titus 1:2)

19 "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)

It is indeed "Satan" who lies, who "deceives the whole world," as he is the "father of" "lie," and "does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him."

9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9)

44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. (John 8:44)

And so it is that "the coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish."

Yet, who is it who will send this "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3)? It is God, who "will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie." Why? "Because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved." "[T]hat they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

So, if God cannot lie, how can He deceive anyone? As it says, by sending delusion. It is Satan who lies, but it is God who causes them to "believe the lie." God created Satan, and, like all things, Satan exists only because God upholds him by the word of His power (Hebrews 1:3).

24 This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)

R

Ramon

Okay. God does not deceive, but if people reject to hear God then he will GIVE THEM OVER to Satan so that they should believe a lie. So if you say God is the cause of deception it is YOU who are deceived. But people are deceived when they fill themselves with their own lusts. And if you lust to play with words to open up assumptions against God in any way, even against his Spirit, you are playing with a dangerous thing. Any implication, whether obvious or dubious might just bring the wrath of God on you. Be careful my friend with this thing you call knowledge.

Jan 18, 2011
Okay. God does not deceive, but if people reject to hear God then he will GIVE THEM OVER to Satan so that they should believe a lie. So if you say God is the cause of deception it is YOU who are deceived. But people are deceived when they fill themselves with their own lusts. And if you lust to play with words to open up assumptions against God in any way, even against his Spirit, you are playing with a dangerous thing. Any implication, whether obvious or dubious might just bring the wrath of God on you. Be careful my friend with this thing you call knowledge.
You can change the wording around if you like. I'll stick with the wording that's used in scripture.

Jan 18, 2011
The Bible attributes the deceiver role to satan, not God. Jesus said that satan has been lying since the beginning. (Not God)
Okay. God does not deceive, but if people reject to hear God then he will GIVE THEM OVER to Satan so that they should believe a lie. So if you say God is the cause of deception it is YOU who are deceived.
9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. (Ezekiel 14:9)

Jan 18, 2011
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God. (Psalm 20:7)

Whom shall I trust?

8 It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. (Psalm 118:8)

The lesson:

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; (Proverbs 3:5)