2 out of 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Catlynn

:D yeeeaaahhhh that!

U

Ugly

I know that brains and humor are the obvious "right" choices, however, I can't lie and say that I wouldn't enjoy having looks at this point in life either. I kinda want my husband to be attracted to me physically. I work hard to be fit and healthy so that I can live a longer and fuller life and I don't really think it's wrong to enjoy the way that God made you. Don't make physical beauty your primary focus and don't allow the response from others to puff you up or become your focus either, but it's perfectly fine to enjoy it and to better yourself.
That's my two cents anyway. I know that a looooooot of people don't agree with me on the subject though. o_o *dodges tomatoes*
Not to worry, you have all 3 already. :p

H

Hellooo

I think I'd go with beauty and brains, if I absolutely have to go with two. I do want to be physically attractive to my spouse and I love to learn and challenge myself. Hopefully I wouldn't be as humorless as the grinch.

Aug 2, 2009
Looks
Brains
Humor

If you could only pick 2 of the 3 for yourself, which would you pick? Why?
Looks, period.

1) Brains are hardly noticed by anyone anymore, and 2) Humor makes people think you are funny but won't get you very far.

Looks on the other hand, are all that the world seems to care about now. Look at how far celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Megan Fox, Olivia Munn and Lindsay Lohan got just because they are good looking. There isn't a whole lot of brain cells between them and I don't remember them ever being funny or talented either. Its really all about looks.

J

Jullianna

But look where it gets most of them in the end :(

C

Chrissy77

over being smart, funny and non-existent. :/

You weren't referring to yourself, right?

Because I must say that I will never forget your avatar pic(ghosts).
I probably will have dreams of being chased by ghosts.
So how can you possibly say you non-existent because
I won't forget you.:p

H

Hellooo

A lot of celebrities would kill to be non existent, id imagine. Being famous and adored by millions sounds almost nightmarish to me, all that pressure and being put on a pedestal, and people just waiting for you to screw something up so they can bash you. That lifestyle leaves many feeling empty and lonely, or we wouldn't see so many celebrities acting out, going through multiple failed marriages, turning to drugs, and being reckless for attention. There's nothing wrong with smart and funny, own it! You're the only you there ever was, is, and ever will be. Who needs millions of fans, I cheerfully turn over the glory to God.

Aug 2, 2009
You weren't referring to yourself, right?

Because I must say that I will never forget your avatar pic(ghosts).
I probably will have dreams of being chased by ghosts.
So how can you possibly say you non-existent because
I won't forget you.:p
Thank you so much for that, Chrissy. :) Even though it might have been meant to be silly, it make me smile :) and I really needed that.

C

Chrissy77

Thank you so much for that, Chrissy. :) Even though it might have been meant to be silly, it make me smile :) and I really needed that.
It was meant to be silly but it did have a side note of seriousness to it.
If I can make you smile then my day is complete.:)

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
I've pondered on this for a bit, and let me offer a few lyrics and a link.

"Anything plain can be lovely, anything loved can be lost
Maybe I lost my direction, what if our love is the cost?
Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost" - by BareNakedLadies from 'Falling for the First Time'

Barenaked Ladies - Falling For The First Time (Video) - YouTube

Alright! ON THAT NOTE (pun intended), I think physical looks (though somewhat ambiguous) really do fall in the eye of the beholder. Someone might be lovely to me that's plain to someone else. None of us (except Jesus) are perfect, though we do aim for it. (with God's help, as we Methodists believe, perfection in the form of complete surrender CAN be attained in THIS life...though it's extremely hard and really rare...)

So, that pretty much takes care of the physical looks choice. I mean, granted, it's a little harder to be attracted to someone like quazi-moto...but I love that guy! He even gets a girl in the second movie!! I digress, however, and do understand that beauty if fading, but then...what is beauty really? I think being beautiful is something that hold no limits of age, fashion, or preference. It simply is. God created it, like other things, from Himself. (Well, 'God's self I should say, as 'He' surpasses gender or form, nonethless...)

As far Humor goes...people find different things funny. Sometimes I crack up at someone. Sometimes I moderately chuckle. Sometimes it's a smile. Other times...I sort of...shoot them down...in flames of blazing glory...pity really...my bad. That said, as long as they know how to be both serious and light hearted, I think the 'humor' thing finds its place. I don't need a comedian as a spouse (though it would be entertaining...). I just need someone who can have fun.

I guess that leaves 'smarts', as it were. Well, I would very much like an intelligent individual. I mean, you like to have challenging and engaging conversation with those you know and love. Then again, sometimes someone who just listens is nice too. I think it was Margret Thatcher's husband who said something like, "Better to stand quietly in the background with everyone wondering whether or not your an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove so." I suppose there are many types of 'wisdom' and 'intelligence'.

Well, what did we come to the conclusion of after all this?!!?!?!? It depends. Really, they're all negotiable, and rarely do you ever find someone at an extreme. So, I'll take you as you are! ...kind like Jesus!! (lol, I had to throw that in there...)

For me...it's not a 2 out of 3, but a 3 out of 3 in an entirely different list. I've posted it before, but here's another GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!!

1. Loves God more than anything/anyone (Seriously. I'm not saying she has to be a saint, but just that she really loves God, would do anything for Him, and is trying her best at their relationship, you know? ...or if not her best, at least trying...)

2. Loves me more than anyone else! (I used to let children get thrown in there, but someone wisely pointed out--on this site actually--that children grow up and leave...or die sometimes...and your spouse needs to love YOU more than even them...seriously...)

3. God says it's all good for us to be together. (Sort of the 'thumbs up', 'seal of approval', 'being ordained', or whatever else you wanna call it.

Everything after that is the 'flesh and appearance', luxury and niceness, ext....but that is definitely the skeleton!!! So yeah...