5 Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

1. If you could be any comic strip character (not superhero, sorry Jonathan) which would you be, and why?
Hobbes, from Calvin and Hobbes. I think that he and I are quite a bit alike: imaginative, loyal, logical, careful, but still likes to have fun. Plus, I have a stuffed animal that I adore, so...it's only fitting.

2. What is the best dish you know how to cook/bake?
I'm good at making breakfast foods (eggs/omelettes/french toast) but I also make these triple layer peanut butter brownies that make your blood sugar go up just by reading what is in them. My brother-in-law likes them so much that I have made them for him as his Christmas present two years in a row.

3. What was your favorite childhood book?
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! I actually got it for Christmas a few years ago...because I asked for it. I really am 24, I promise.
View attachment 80651

4. What was the last concert you attended?
Man, I haven't been to a concert in a long time. It was in college, my sophomore year? It was a Christian concert, I remember Lecrae and Tenth Avenue North were there, along with a few other artists I can't remember. We got really close seats. Which kills the ears but is more fun.

5. If the Lord called you into the mission field, what type of work would you ideally like to do?
The Lord called me into the mission field a few years ago for a short time. It ended terribly, but I enjoyed the work I did and it's likely what I'd want to do again. I did office work (emails, phone calls, organizing) and I worked with children who came from VERY broken homes and environments. I love doing both of those things so it was the best of both worlds.
Ah, Hobbes the tiger. Excellent!

I'm never heard of the book "Chicka Chicka, Boom Boom". Is it an American classic? Also, is it a story about two friendly coconuts? Finally, the title makes me think of "Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang" by Ian Fleming (of James Bond fame). Never be ashamed of being a big kid!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ah, Hobbes the tiger. Excellent!

I'm never heard of the book "Chicka Chicka, Boom Boom". Is it an American classic? Also, is it a story about two friendly coconuts? Finally, the title makes me think of "Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang" by Ian Fleming (of James Bond fame). Never be ashamed of being a big kid!
Beware of coconuts!

I saw the movie many years ago. I agree with you about there is no shame to be found in a "big kid"

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
1. what's your favorite fruit?

2. how do you feel about adrenaline-inducing activities?

3. describe a favorite sentimental possession.

4. describe what you'd consider a "near perfect day" spent with someone else, such as a friend or significant other.

5. in school, who was your favorite teacher and what did they teach? why were they your favorite?

1) hmm... This is a tough one, I would have to say mangos. They have a very succulent flavor.

2) I prefer adrenaline induced activities, so I can get a good workout and also, to show myself I can still hang with the youngsters..lol

3) Littlefoot, my land before time stuffed animal.

4) Barbeque and watch some college football or NFL.

5) To many to name here, I will say that they all had a significant impact on me.

T

Tintin

Beware of coconuts!

I saw the movie many years ago. I agree with you about there is no shame to be found in a "big kid"
You saw the movie about two coconuts in a coconut tree? What was it like?

J

Jonathan1977

Okay new questions:

1. If you could be any comic strip character (not superhero, sorry Jonathan) which would you be, and why?

5. If the Lord called you into the mission field, what type of work would you ideally like to do?
1)Garfield of course.
2)Boneless BBQ Ribs.
3)A Christian book called Quest. My copy is well worn.
4)A Casting Crowns concert.
5)I'm not sure. Wherever I am needed most I guess.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
1. What movie deserves a sequel?

Jim Hensen's Labyrinth with David Bowie, most assuredly, but it must be done RIGHT

2. What one toy would you like to throw repeatedly at a brick wall?

That kid-friendly tablet that talks on t.v. ... 'red bird' ... ugh!

3. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?

I was pretty blessed as a kid, so I can't think of anything. Though, when I was typing this, I thought of the one thing I wanted and never got: my divorced parents to reconcile.

4. Where do you not mind waiting?

Anywhere that I have a book, tablet or music...and it's not too hot or cold.

5. What is your most impressive car repair skill?

​I have none! :(

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012

Bucky or Agnes...they are me in comic form. ;)

17b76c13fe64812d8f06cd40ee146eae.jpg religion1-agnes.gif

Fruit Crepes with homemade custard and whipped cream. :)

Both are from Sesame Street: The House That Biff Built and There's A Monster At The End Of This Book
300px-BiffHouse.jpg grover_IMG_0189_thumb.jpg

Toby Mac with Skillet and Lecrae

Something to help women in the realm of worth and purity and providing clean water, food and skills for home and work.

A

Angel173

1. Which movie deserves a sequel?
I read more than watch tv so the top three books in order are Rodeo Dust, No One But You, Canyon Crossing
2. What toy would you like to throw repeatedly at a brick wall?
Dolls and clown toys
3. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?
Im not sure probably all the barbies they advertised on tv
4. Where do you not mind waiting?
I dont mind waiting in the rain
5. What is your most impressive car repair skill?
Washing them lol

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
Okay new questions:

i definitely have a "calvin" of "calvin and hobbes" in me: smart aleck-y, mischevious and a penchant for indulging my imagination.

this is hard for me to choose: friends seem to often request that i make my enchiladas and homemade tortillas, things i learned to make from a friend's mexican mom.

however, one of my passions is french cuisine--i love making a simple chocolate souffle.

probably anne of green gables, and the sequels by l.m. montgomery.

about two weeks ago i heard the eugene symphony perform beethoven's 7th symphony. but my musical leanings are all over the place. i'm also going to the christian music "fish fest" this summer, and have tickets to see tom petty and sarah mclachlan in the coming days.

i've thought a lot about this - i definitely am considering ministry as my next career. my heart is really with young people, especially those who are hurting and victims of abuse/neglect, or simply in crisis.

one such avenue that i've been praying and thinking about for a long time is opening a christian-based equine therapy-esque camp for kids. i've gone as far as develop a plan, write a proposal, and even have a couple people who've indicated they'd help me raise funds and/or donate/invest. we'll see what God has in store for me.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2014

i've thought a lot about this - i definitely am considering ministry as my next career. my heart is really with young people, especially those who are hurting and victims of abuse/neglect, or simply in crisis.

one such avenue that i've been praying and thinking about for a long time is opening a christian-based equine therapy-esque camp for kids. i've gone as far as develop a plan, write a proposal, and even have a couple people who've indicated they'd help me raise funds and/or donate/invest. we'll see what God has in store for me.
Sounds a great idea! :)

Blessings.

May 3, 2013

Hmmm!

Here is a blank check template....

and also here a link for a document you might download to check those funds accounts.

I

iTOREtheSKY

Ok..here's a new set of 5 Questions

1. At what age did you leave home & venture off on your own and/or what were the reason(s) you did?

2. Other than the Bible what is the most thought provoking and/or inspiring book you've ever read? (if you have more than one please feel free to list them all)

3. What is the one thing in your life that you have/own/love that would be the most difficult to get rid of if God told you he wanted you to?

4. What is/was the worst job you've ever worked at,or position you've held & how long did you work there?

5. If you were training for a fight,who would you rather have train you or in your corner to mentor you,and why?

A.) Micky (from Rocky)
B.) Mr. Miyagi (from The Karate Kid)
C.) Yoda (from The Empire Strikes Back)

B

BananaPie

5. If you were training for a fight,who would you rather have train you or in your corner to mentor you,and why?

A.) Micky (from Rocky)
D.) Chuck Norris (He counted to infinity, twice and has memorized pi)

D. Chuck Norris

Last edited:

hoss2576

May 10, 2014
1. At what age did you leave home & venture off on your own and/or what were the reason(s) you did?

18 - left for college

2. Other than the Bible what is the most thought provoking and/or inspiring book you've ever read? (if you have more than one please feel free to list them all)

See You at the Top - Ziglar and The 8th Habit - Covey

3. What is the one thing in your life that you have/own/love that would be the most difficult to get rid of if God told you he wanted you to?

Sounds silly but I still have my high school FFA jacket in my closet. It is the symbol of some very important people I met and lessons I learned. It would be hard to let it go even though it just hangs in my closet.

4. What is/was the worst job you've ever worked at,or position you've held & how long did you work there?

I worked at a Tyson chicken plant for two weeks during a college break. I helped degut chickens. Never Again!

A.) Micky (from Rocky)

At least then if I get my butt whooped, he can do his Miyagi Reiki and help heal me.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

A.) Micky (from Rocky)
Great questions:

1) Let's see my first venture overseas was when I was 16 with the Project Serve arm of YFC. Still can't believe mom let me go after I heard about the trip at a conference and we'd only talked to the organizer a couple times on the phone. I lived in the dorms during college. And after college I moved across country for my first job, but that only lasted for a year and I was back home. Since then I've pretty much lived in my parents' house when I'm not overseas.

2) We'll go with Diary of an old Soul by George Macdonald. It's a year's collection of daily devotional sonnets and you can probably find it free online now because it is that old. Some knowledge of Scottish words is helpful.

3) My computer.

4) Either cutting the cheese at the hamburger restaurant or being hired for a government job where no one had any idea how to train me or give me the background knowledge I needed. Substitute teaching was also pretty rough.

5) Yoda. I'd love to be able to do the whole force telekinesis thing.

T

Tintin

A.) Micky (from Rocky)
1. Late in life. I was 27 years old and had received a teaching contract at an interstate primary school. I'm back home while I don't have a full-time teach job. The transition was difficult at both ends.

2. I've read a few. "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn is a very comprehensive look at Heaven as portrayed in the Bible. It's a very enlightening book.
"Faith of Our Fathers: God in Ancient China" by Chan Kei Thong was unlike any other book I've read. It wasn't the greatest I've read but the subject matter was incredibly intriguing. The book chronicles the little known evidence for the first Chinese people being believers in the one true God (after their dispersal, along with everyone) from the tower at Babel). For close to two-thousand years, they were true to the one true God, but then fell away. Their beliefs and religious practices were corrupted and eventually gave way to Buddhism/Shinto etc. During the Middle Ages, they returned to worshipping one God. It's unknown if this was just tradition or faithfully practised. Then, just before World War one, China came under the cruel rule of atheism. I highly recommend the book, especially if you're Chinese or have Chinese friends/relatives.

3. My pride. I'm not arrogant as such but I still have my human pride. I want to do things my way. I'm working on that.

4. I worked in the back room at a book shop called "Dymocks". That wasn't the problem. The real issue was the boss and his wife were not very nice people and my job of unpacking books, sticking prices on all of the books etc. was mind-numbing and had to be done really quickly (the latter was more difficult than it sounds). I worked there for six or so months (it may have been longer). I can't remember if I was laid off or not but it wasn't a pleasant experience and I did try my best.

5. Truthfully, I've never seen Rocky or the original Karate Kid movie but I know of Micky, and of course, Mr. Miyagi. I'd probably go with Yoda. He's a Jedi Master - yo!

M

MissCris

A.) Micky (from Rocky)
1. I was 17, and I moved across the country to get married and...to just get away from the junk at home.

2. This is terrible, I can't remember the titles of either of the ones I immediately thought of. I've got too many children's books stuck in my head (Elmo can use the potty!)

3. I don't exactly own him, but my son- that's sort of exactly what's going on right now.

4. I think it was probably working in a warehouse, putting together um...air censors? Some kind of censor... For cars. So. Very. Tedious. I lasted about a month there.

5. Can't I choose two of them? Because Micky would probably be most effective for me, but Yoda... There is no try, only do.

I

iTOREtheSKY

I was 18. I was dying to get out on my own from the time I was 16,but just didn't have the money to do so. It's not that my parents were terrible people,I was just wanting my freedom to come & go and not be questioned or answer to anyone...just wanted my independence I guess.

Two different books. The first was "The Artist's Way" By Julia Cameron. The second was "Destined To Reign" By Joseph Prince. Both books helped me learn a ton about myself & God,as well as my relationship to Him & how He sees me.

I have already done this in some aspects. I guess because there's nothing material that I have any attachment to,it would have to be relationships or desires. Those are the most painful thing's to let go of.

The worst physically was for two summers I bailed hay for a farmer with some friends. For 8 hrs a day in a barn that was 120 degrees. Each summer we'd start the barn would be empty,and by the time we were finished , we couldn't even stand fully upright w/out hitting our heads on the ceiling. Imagine hay & straw in every part of yer body...sweaty,filthy,fast paced,back breaking work. It gave me a new respect for farmers & all that they do. Every. Single. Day. BUT...the worst job I ever had was working for Ponderosa Steakhouse. I worked there for 5 miserable years. Started as a dishwasher,to waiter,then onto cook. Horrible hours,crappy pay,no appreciation,dealing with children (by children I mean,adults who had the mentality of such) and a boss who went to my church,and was supposedly a Christian,but acted anything but one when there. I stayed because I got caught into the rut of thinking that I couldn't do anything else,so finally I left when I met a friend who got me a job where he worked making $3 more an hour to start & doing far less work.

A.) Micky (from Rocky)

​I'd prob choose Yoda for the simple fact that eventually there would be lightsaber training involved. But I'd really like to drink some Saki with Mr. Miyagi. Micky from Rocky,just yells too much,and is so darn grumpy! Ain't no one got time for that.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
1. At what age did you leave home & venture off on your own and/or what were the reason(s) you did? Never have. I still live at home.

2. Other than the Bible what is the most thought provoking and/or inspiring book you've ever read? (if you have more than one please feel free to list them all) 13 Reasons why...really opened my eyes to the thought that everyone isn't as a strong as you are and everyone doesn't handle problems the same way. The way I treat someone could effect on what happens next in their life. Some people are just weak. It's important that I try to make sure people around me know they are loved and appreciated.

3. What is the one thing in your life that you have/own/love that would be the most difficult to get rid of if God told you he wanted you to? Umm... my family?

4. What is/was the worst job you've ever worked at,or position you've held & how long did you work there? The job I have now is both the best and worst job I've ever had. Good days are good and bad days are real bad.

A.) Micky (from Rocky)
C.) Yoda (from The Empire Strikes Back)[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

B.