A dangerous theology?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Wow Rick way to start fights! Funny how the subject engenders flared debate.

You guys...

Abiding, I ponder about the same things. How is it we both read the same Bible and seek the same God and come up with such different answers? I dunno, other than making sure we'll interact with each other over it, I don't know. It is a puzzle.

But what I can say is which seeking leads to an actual experience, and actual functioning of the Word? On my side, I've spoken a word of healing in the name of Jesus and seen the person recover; I've felt the Holy Spirit's leading and been taken to places I shouldn't have been to deliver a word that was confirmed by the receiver; I've prayed in the spirit for the blood of Christ to cover me and keep me out of foreign jails and He has kept me out of foreign jails. On your side you say that all can't happen. So either I'm experiencing the spread of good thru heresy or you're denying the power of God. And I'm not saying that to incite anger, but to show the chasm and danger of these subjects on both sides.

But like you say how do we reconcile it?

Honestly I hope you're right, as far as I'm concerned we can cut to the chase and jump to the new earth this very moment. But I just don't see it. What I see is that was lost was lost in this world, and what is to be restored will be restored in this world. We appropriate Christs heavenly reign in part here and now, but He will do so directly and in whole soon. But that's just me, and I'm a functionalist. When the Spirit leads me to break up the Krishnas in prayer I'll break up the Krishnas thru prayer.

U

unclefester

One spirit may say to me, "That person who sneaks in here and upsets little things in my life has no right to be doing so and if I can find who they are I will confront them to give them a piece of my mind and warn them to stop!"

But another spirit says, "Why do you put so much effort into resisting those I allow to interfere with you that you might learn self-control and unshakable obedience to my love by means of them?"

Which spirit would you say is of God and the one that is best I obey?

How did you learn that?
I can only surmise that my learning comes from reading the divinely inspired Word of God, which evidently pales in comparison to a few here, including yourself, who literally hear God the Father Himself direct them in all truth. Kinda makes me wonder why we even need our bibles for instruction and guidance when we can access some here that God Himself speaks to directly. Why read the book when we can hear directly from it's Author ? Or does God only speak directly to those whose obedience is unshakable ? We "obey" when we recognize our sinful condition and our need for repentance ... and know in our hearts without doubt that none can come to the Father except thru His only begotten Son and Saviour given us in Jesus Christ. His written testimony and Word (the bible) is sufficient to instruct us in all things. If you find my words confrontational and/or sneaky, I really can't apologize for that. I am confident in Whom I have believed ... without literally hearing His voice.

B

Bistabuster

Right, Jesus Christ is sitting upon His throne in heaven. The world is under the power of satan as the Bible states. Ergo the world is not under Christ's rule. That is the whole point of the millenial rule, to put the world under His rule. This world, this planet, under the physical rule of Man as God originally intended with Adam.
The cross took the power away from Satan. Jesus now rules the Kingdom.

B

Bistabuster

I have noticed this too, (not just with zone), I understand that not everyone is where another is in their Christian walk (spiritual growth), but what I don't understand is why some are asking questions (seemingly wanting to learn) and then when others answer their questions, they jump all over them with both feet and are rude, sarcastic and puts everything that person says down. If one isn't serious about learning, then why ask questions, unless it is only to keep things stirred up and to cause strife between others. When there are many words spoken, it reveals what truly lies in a persons heart.

And again I will say what I have said in other threads. Don't believe everything people tell you. If someone asks a question and gets an answer or several different answers, they need to go to the Bible, open it, pray for God to reveal the truth to them, and then look it up for themselves to see if what they have been told goes with Gods word or contradicts the word of God. God will not leave a child sitting in confusion when they honestly and genuinely are searching for His truth and answers. He will let them know His truth.

:):):)
Hear hear! Thank you.

B

Bistabuster

I agree 100%. That's how I learn. By testing what people say against Scriptures. If I don't agree, I don't agree. 9 X out of 10, you're not going to change the minds of other people. The only way is if they're willing to learn without other people poisoning the message that you're trying to give the other person. It is up to that individual to decide whether they accept it or not. Not for another member to jump in and bash the message and convince the person trying to learn something and tell them to walk away because it doesn't match the bashers interpretation. For starters, it's not the bashers conversation!

It's good to see sincere people on this site. I'm new here and I don't know many of you but it is refreshing to see people like this.

A

Abiding

Wow Rick way to start fights! Funny how the subject engenders flared debate.

You guys...

Abiding, I ponder about the same things. How is it we both read the same Bible and seek the same God and come up with such different answers? I dunno, other than making sure we'll interact with each other over it, I don't know. It is a puzzle.

But what I can say is which seeking leads to an actual experience, and actual functioning of the Word? On my side, I've spoken a word of healing in the name of Jesus and seen the person recover; I've felt the Holy Spirit's leading and been taken to places I shouldn't have been to deliver a word that was confirmed by the receiver; I've prayed in the spirit for the blood of Christ to cover me and keep me out of foreign jails and He has kept me out of foreign jails. On your side you say that all can't happen. So either I'm experiencing the spread of good thru heresy or you're denying the power of God. And I'm not saying that to incite anger, but to show the chasm and danger of these subjects on both sides.

But like you say how do we reconcile it?

Honestly I hope you're right, as far as I'm concerned we can cut to the chase and jump to the new earth this very moment. But I just don't see it. What I see is that was lost was lost in this world, and what is to be restored will be restored in this world. We appropriate Christs heavenly reign in part here and now, but He will do so directly and in whole soon. But that's just me, and I'm a functionalist. When the Spirit leads me to break up the Krishnas in prayer I'll break up the Krishnas thru prayer.
Sometimes i might type and sound emotional when im not. Im not here
much, so im not even sure where we were disagreeable.

Im sure not saying the Power of God isnt in the life of His servants.
Yet i may disagree that tongues is a way to move Gods hand or that
prayer will keep you out of jail.....my disagreement would never be that
Gods power isnt in effect....just might say something like nope, dont think this or that
was why it happened....for example Paul said He spoke in tongues more that them all
and his butt went to prison....the next man may have a different experience.
We all should pray and walk by faith...but His will will come to pass when and how He sees fit.
There are alot of people in these forums that give testimony how their notable
experiences brought about supernatural powers through some special spiritual method.
Im all for the supernatural, just dont buy the special tricks, or moves folks pin the credit on.
Prayer and faith. The rest is God and His own will. Thats how i see it.