a decision..not so sure was right

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kristielee003

Well, today i made a decision..not sure if it was the best, but i followed what was in my heart... i broke it off with my boyfriend I am so tired and exhausted from the fighting, the tears I cry, and I am so tired of not being happy. It just seems as if though no matter what, me and him just can't seem to get along and maybe thats the point, maybe me and him aren't suppose to be together. IDK.. The only thing that worries me now is my daughter.. She is going to have to be raised by a split up family...And thats not fair to her..So what do i do, do I try to make things better for her sake..Or do i follow my heart and make this situation to where it will be better for the both of us? My heart is heavy and broken, i just dont know.

K

kenisyes

I read through all your posts. Can I ask a question? Maybe you are too young in the Lord to answer, but it must be asked. What Scripture did you act on when you broke up with him? Following Scripture is better than following your heart.

J

Jordache

Logically, knowing only what you've posted hear, it may be a good thing that you broke up. If you are so unhappy and not married, then breaking up is a healthy option. Sometimes parents apart provide a much safer environment for children than they do together.

U

Ugly

Well, today i made a decision..not sure if it was the best, but i followed what was in my heart... i broke it off with my boyfriend I am so tired and exhausted from the fighting, the tears I cry, and I am so tired of not being happy. It just seems as if though no matter what, me and him just can't seem to get along and maybe thats the point, maybe me and him aren't suppose to be together. IDK.. The only thing that worries me now is my daughter.. She is going to have to be raised by a split up family...And thats not fair to her..So what do i do, do I try to make things better for her sake..Or do i follow my heart and make this situation to where it will be better for the both of us? My heart is heavy and broken, i just dont know.
I don't intend this as mean or critical, but really, this is just the consequence of having children outside of a healthy marriage. Sometimes we just have to live with our choices. You say its not fair for her to have a split family, but it wasn't fair for her to not have a loving husband and wife as a start to her existence to begin with. At this point 'fair' goes out the window. Again, i don't mean that to be judgmental, i don't know you or your situation, just pointing out some truths with the intention to help.
Though i do think its wise that you broke up with your boyfriend. If you're arguing that much, and that badly now, getting married won't help. Marriage isn't a band aid, or meant to repair relationships. Marriage is meant for people who are emotionally healthy enough to understand and live out their roles in marriage as being selfless and sacrificing. If you two are arguing, its evident one or both of you are not ready for marriage.
Yes, its rough for a child to have a split family, but it would be worse if that child were raised in a family of anger, bitterness, fighting, and what would still end up in divorce.
Don't confuse feelings with the idea you are 'supposed' to be with someone. Feelings can be attached to anyone. That doesn't make them right.

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
Your daughter will be happy if you are happy.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Kristie, I realize that that decision must have been incredibly hard, but I'm so glad that you made it :). I know that you just got saved a few days ago, Sis, and there's a special verse I want to share with you. Psalm 68:5 says: "Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation". He'll take care of both you and your daughter :). He's so glad that you came to Him, and you can still be civil with your ex and your daughter can see her dad sometimes. You don't have to stay in the relationship you were in to let your little girl know both her parents. I'm really glad you left; I thought that it was the right decision, but I prayed that Jesus would show you what to do, as I didn't want you to just take my word for it. The next time you think that you're in love, be really careful about it, and make sure he says "I do" at the alter before you consummate the relationship. You're so special and loved by our Father in Heaven; He wants you to have a husband who will love you and stay with you until he dies instead of a guy who's happy to just have you as his own for a few years :).

L

libertygirl

God knows about the trials and difficulties of this life, that's why Jesus came, not just for our salvation but to help us and to make us whole. God will take care of everything. He is bigger than this situation. Continue to pray, seek the Lord, and teach your daughter about God, it will help tremendously. God is going to help you through it all because He is God, and He has blessing and provision for your life. You can trust Him. I will be praying. :) <3

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Kristie, we cannot always know if we made the perfect choice, but as long as we trust in Jesus, His perfect will be with us.
I continue to keep you all in my prayers in Jesus. :)

Hugs and God bless
pickles

P

psychomom

Kristie...I love you. :)

I am praying this morning for peace for you, dear child.
Remember, no one loves your little girl more than Jesus does. :)
God will take care of you both.
Just follow Him, and do what you know to do...pray...read the Bible...go to a church where you and your daughter
can learn about what God says in the Word, and have fellowship with other believers.
You can connect with others, and hopefully mature women who love the Lord
and have raised a family, and know the love of God.
And perhaps even there may be some older men who can be as fathers to your little one. :)

When we are on the path the Lord has for us, we can know we are safe,
and trust in the One Who places us on that path.
He IS love! :)
-ellie

S

simplyme_bekah

I lift you up in prayer to our Lord asking that he lets you feel his arms around you and that he gives you guidance and direction for your life I ask on Jesus name amen. I stayed with my daughters dad thinking it was the best thing for her for 9 years and I would love to have the chance to redo that and leave within the first year knowing what I know now. Follow what your insides are telling you.

S

shekaniah

Seek the wisdom of God
Find a mentor at church
And don't for get to come here for prayer!
Nothing wrong with going with what your gut is telling you,
It could be God's leading...keep asking for His wisdom
God Bless you and Keep you (both)
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Please let us know how things are going, Kristie! We're more than happy to pray for you and to try to help. I hope that you have a joyful and fun Thanksgiving, Sis!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I will pray that God will guide your steps. I know you're probably sad and thinking about your ex, but try to focus on your relationship with Jesus, and cast your burdens to the Lord... He will sustain you. (Psalm 55:22) &#9829;