A little sinner here..... T-T

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JAungmann

I have an addiction to a certain sin (to keep it clean on here) I am a Christian, but I am struggling with my sin. I can't stop, I can't get enough, I keep begging God's forgiveness, but I keep repeating the same mistakes. I am afraid of what awaits me in the Afterlife. Satan has a strong grip on me, and I can't break free. Please pray for me and send me words of encouragement. God Bless

Dec 19, 2011
I had trouble to just stay strong and think about God more to stop yourself

0o0-Alexy-0o0

I dont know whats your sin but put a picture of jesus at a place you can easily see him when youre about to sin! he will discourage you!! good luck

Jan 8, 2012
I think.. i know what you mean..
But, You have to know that God is always with you no matter what you have done in the past. And no matter what your struggling with.. God is always with you and he loves you no matter what.
To get rid of your addiction is your own choice, You have to depend on god.. he will always give you a way out if you ask for it brother. You cannot fight temptations yourself, Pray, and keep praying each time you get this thoughts.
have strong faith in god!!! he is amazing, and he loves you so much. But you HAVE to stop this addiction in order to have a good relationship with him and to feel more pure, Ofcourse.. we are not perfect.
I know.. it is hard.. but that doubt you have its because.. Sin seperates you from god, You need to REPENT! once you get rid of this addiction, You will feel more happy about yourself, and you will have less doubts about what are you gonna face on your afterlife.
When you feel like doing this (Your Addiction) instead, just go listen to worship songs, or come to cc, And the best thing to do is pray for help from God.
God bless you brother, Good luck :).
PS. sorry my english sucks :D

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
First of all the bible says you have been freed from all sin and death (Romans 8: 2), cast your addiction on God for He cares for you, decide to change and ask Him to change your mindset towards sin. The bible says in 2 Corinthians 10: 4-5 that God has given to you authority to defeat every thought and everything that tries to exalt itself above Him. So when ever you are facing sin, rebuke the thought, refuse to sin and ask God to give you strength. God bless

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I agree with shemaiah, cast those cares on Him, for there is NOTHING too big for Him to handle. And one other verse for you...

1st Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

When you are tempted, pray and ask Him to help you resist. God bless.

L

Lovesong

I have an addiction to a certain sin (to keep it clean on here) I am a Christian, but I am struggling with my sin. I can't stop, I can't get enough, I keep begging God's forgiveness, but I keep repeating the same mistakes. I am afraid of what awaits me in the Afterlife. Satan has a strong grip on me, and I can't break free. Please pray for me and send me words of encouragement. God Bless
The bible says That Satan is the accuser of the breathren, he spends his time prosecuting things against us daily, but there is hope! Jesus Christ is our advocate where he spends his days defending us daily to God.

Be encouraged Jesus is on your side!

There is a big difference between being convicted and being condemned,
you sound like the devil is attacking you with condemnation, don't believe his lies.

Romans 12:1 - Says
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
-----------------------------

This means to:
Study the word, dwell and memorize it, so that when you are tempted you can say.

"Nope! It is written!...(then say the scripture)"

Jesus was tempted too see here he is our example to follow:

Matthew 4

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”[a]
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:
‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’

and,
‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”[b]

7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”[c]
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”
10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e]
11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

--------------------------
Jesus counter attacked the devils temptations by saying a scripture,
the scripture is as powerful as any two edged sword ;)

Don't worry God knows you are trying in your heart do not be discouraged, his mercies are new every morning and great is his faithfulness.

God is concerned with things of the heart, if we are sincere or not and really trying. You ask forgiveness, he forgives and forgets, and so on and on and on and on --infinity. :)

For the Lord is good ..and his mercies endure forever.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hello welcome to Christian Chat
I hope you are enjoying it here
May God Bless You,

Last edited: