A question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 24, 2012
the first thing what people seem to say to non believers like me is why don't you believe well im going to ask you a question and more than likely the answer you give me from this question will be the reason why i dont believe

but before i ask i need to tell alittle back story ill keep it short

there was an animator on the web he started in early 2000 his early teens his animations were bad to begin with but the storys he came up with and the voice acting was good enough to over come that and he made a really good show it made people laugh and be happy through out the years he got better and more famous and as a person he was really funny likable and kind and would help others with there own animation production he became one of the best animators on the web but one day he got cancer and after a 6 year long battle he died thousands of fans moarned his death thinking why such a kind funny person who gave us joy and entertainment in our lives be taken away at such a young age. people made tribute videos art works everything to show there respect for him and gave him a good send of we will all miss him he was one of my inspirations to carry on through life and get better at my own work.

now this is my question this animator was not a christian he didnt belong to any religion, would this animator who has done nothing wrong in his life and has showed kindness and made peoples lives a little bit better all over the world be sent to hell

that is my question
2 parts to my answer. 1. Your statement, "animator who has done nothing wrong in his life" is false. Every human being who has ever lived (minus Jesus) has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

2. To answer your question. We don't know. It's up to God. I didn't even bother reading anyone else's responses. If you read throughout the Bible, man always thinks he is one step ahead of God, knowing what God will say or do next, then God does something totally unexpected and totally surprises us. The Jews KNEW Jesus would stone the prostitute, but He didn't.

W

wolfywolfs

So a baby that is born and dies 5 mins later has done something wrong explain to me how or what sin that 5 min child had made

2 parts to my answer. 1. Your
statement, "animator who has done nothing wrong in his life" is false. Every human being who has ever lived (minus Jesus) has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

2. To answer your question. We don't know. It's up to God. I didn't even bother reading anyone else's responses. If you read throughout the Bible, man always thinks he is one step ahead of God, knowing what God will say or do next, then God does something totally unexpected and totally surprises us. The Jews KNEW Jesus would stone the prostitute, but He didn't.

J

Jordache

The not so easy answer is that we are all born with a sin nature. Many sins are not visible. You can't see lying, unforgiveness, or arrogance. The very core of us is sinful in nature until we ask Jesus to rule our lives and our sin nature is exchanged for His perfect nature. Very good people still sin. A rich person may donate millions to children with cancer, he may be doing it for notariety. That's sin. But no one can see his motivation.
Thins summing this man doesn't live in the heart of the amazon or is a member of the untouchables, he has had a chance to hear about Jesus. Maybe he never went to church, or saw a sermon, but he heard about Jesus. If he heard about Jesus and rejected him, he is in hell.
The problem is we also cannot judge this. God judges the heart that only he can see.

S

SaraNichole

so what your saying doesn't matter if your good or bad as long as you believe and ask for forgiveness before you die its fine

so by all accounts if Hitler accepted christian and said hes sorry for all hes done he was a with hatred filled with lies that others told him. he would go to heaven right. this is just an example im not saying hitler was a chrisitan or hes in heaven .
No. It is not enough to ask for forgiveness - the Bible tells us we must "repent" of our sins. This is a change of mind and a change of actions - it wouldn't be enough for Hitler to ask for forgiveness, but if he asked for forgiveness and really intended to fundamentally change from the evil, hate-filled man that he was into a born again man who loved God and did his best to obey His word, then yes, Hitler would go to heaven. That's the beauty of grace - nobody deserves heaven, but if they are willing to repent of all their sins big and little God will show His eternal mercy.

S

SaraNichole

So a baby that is born and dies 5 mins later has done something wrong explain to me how or what sin that 5 min child had made
This is a very difficult question. I believe that while the sin may not have manifest itself yet, the child is still born with sin. Think of sin like a disease, or a drug. Every day, "crack babies" are born addicted to crack because their mother used when she was pregnant. As soon as they are born, they begin to have withdrawal symptoms. It is clearly not their fault, but it is a condition that they are born with and will have to fight against the rest of their lives. However, in America no just judge would ever sentence that baby to prison for something he could not help...but if in his teens he went back to crack, then, yes, it would be just to punish him. We know that the Lord is a just God, and just like a judge would not sentence a helpless baby I do not believe that God would condemn him either to Hell. I believe that God, in His infinite wisdom, knows when it is appropriate to hold a child accountable and when to show grace.

L

Livi94

This is simply a question that no one can answer.Only the Lord can be the judge. I believe that Gos is God and he does whatever he pleases. I believe that if someone who is a good person with good morals, then they may certainly go to Heaven. I also believe that people who start their lives out on the wrong foot (to put it lightly) but they turn it around and are genuinely a moral person, then they may go to Heaven as well. It's God's call, not ours.