a WOW moment..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Gosh, Im so sorry you lost your sister. I do believe it was God or an angel who comforted you. I will pray for you and your family.

el

Dec 6, 2006
All I can say is that had to have been God. What else could it have been?

I am sorry for your loss Beth... And yes, it was totally God! Only He can bring an unexplainable peace in such moments... What would we do without Him seriously... <3

P.s. Beth you are beautiful :)

J

Jullianna

Ok, this is a little emotional for me so bare with me.
I would not classify this as a WOW moment, but it was one of those times that something happened and you just can't explain it.

On June 26 my sister passed away(not asking for pity here just so you know), and my mother, brother in law, minister and myself were by her bedside. No one else was in the room with us.
I was watching her chest and her respirations were slowing. Almost like I was in a trance. Then, suddenly through all the tears I felt an overwelming peace about me. Can't even to begin to explain it, but when you are watching your sister die it is kind of strange to call it a GOOD feeling, but it was pleasant.
At that moment i felt totally calm and peaceful. Something in me told me that everything will be ok...then, not a minute later she took her last breath.

That moment was a "wow" moment in a way, but I can honestly say that I have never felt that before.
I had a similar moment when my stepdad passed away. It was as if the entire room was filled with peace and light. It's TOTALLY a God thing. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister, but am so glad that He wrapped His arms around you when she left you.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I had a similar moment when my stepdad passed away. It was as if the entire room was filled with peace and light. It's TOTALLY a God thing. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister, but am so glad that He wrapped His arms around you when she left you.
Thank you, and thank you for the compliment EL

MY mom was talking about when my dads mom passed away. She said she was in the hospital room with my aunt and they were both sitting by my grandmothers bedside. They said at the same moment both of them pushed their chairs back like they needed to make room for something....possibly an angel.....strange but kind of a nice feeling at the same time

A

allforfun

Since my mother passed, I've had little moments of "wow", angles are watching and helping me mourn.

Someone called me by my first and middle name and they really shouldn't have been able to know my middle name. My mother often used to call me by it though.

It is been nice and I just say "Hi Momma".

L

Liz01

I have a wow moment each time i go to church and then feel as if God is talking to me directly through the pastor, making me to remember that the word of God is a word of life from a living God. :)

J

Jullianna

I was sitting at a 4 way stop at a busy highway intersection this morning, when something told me to sit still for a minute. I thought..what? did I forget my cell or something? As I leaned over to look in my purse while I was sitting there, a VERY large truck hauling a VERY large trailer blew through the stop sign at a VERY high rate of speed. Had I not been sitting still, I would have been killed and you all would not be receiving anymore FB messages from me. So, when God slows you down, stands in your way or tells you to stop, do it. You may never know what He&#8217;s saved you (or someone else) from.Have a VERY blessed day! I know I have so far&#8230;and it&#8217;s only the beginning. :) It was a very WOW moment!

el

Dec 6, 2006
:) Gotta love God's perfect timing!... Although we have trouble waiting and believing sometimes... But it's the most perfect and effective and successful and safest time we can ever get!.. Thanks for sharing this wonderful WOW moment with us Jullianna! SO glad to still have you here with us!! God bless!! *hugs* <3

J

Jullianna

El, I'm praying for your family and fully expecting to hear about some WOW moments in your lives :) Luv you! :)

el

Dec 6, 2006
El, I'm praying for your family and fully expecting to hear about some WOW moments in your lives :) Luv you! :)
Aww thanks so much! I just can't wait to experience that WOW moment either!!! I'll email ya a little update though...Luv ya too! &#9829; :)

L

Liz01

I was sitting at a 4 way stop at a busy highway intersection this morning, when something told me to sit still for a minute. I thought..what? did I forget my cell or something? As I leaned over to look in my purse while I was sitting there, a VERY large truck hauling a VERY large trailer blew through the stop sign at a VERY high rate of speed. Had I not been sitting still, I would have been killed and you all would not be receiving anymore FB messages from me. So, when God slows you down, stands in your way or tells you to stop, do it. You may never know what He’s saved you (or someone else) from.Have a VERY blessed day! I know I have so far…and it’s only the beginning. :) It was a very WOW moment!
This is definitely a Wow moment! Im glad you are still here and can make us remember the amazing way that God act in our lives :)

A

AgeofKnowledge

My wows usually involve loss and sickness. Old age has crept up on me... lol.

L

Liz01

My theory says that old age arrive until you have 70 and you are only 48 AgeofKnowledge, so i think you maybe have many nice wow moments that you dont want to tell us ;)

H

Heart2heart

My wow moment was when the holy spirt directed the man of God prophet t b joshua (Welcome to SCOAN | The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations | Home) to sit by me at of 50,000 people in the congregation i was sitted with him and i felt the annointing power o God in my presence.i got ma miracle at dat same spot..it was realli a wow moment cus i nva deserve dat grace of God.

K

Kooper

This year, I went to go for church to another small community. I stood outside the hall to where they were having the service. It was raining in the evening, and I stood there. The clouds in the distance to where the sun was setting broke and it gave off this crimson glow to the sky as it rained. And off in the opposite direction of the setting sun, there, a rainbow formed. A second rainbow formed over the first one. It was faint.

Later, as the rain clouds passed and the sun set, the sky cleared to reveal stars and the cresent moon. I sat off to the side of the hall and noticed that the nothern lights were starting to form. As an hour or two pasted, those lights turned into thick streams that glided across the sky. Looked like they were dancing.

I was in awe.

Aug 2, 2009
I think this was one of the best threads on CC so I'm bumping it. Beth, I'm really sorry if my doing this bothers you in any way. I did think about how it might affect you before I decided to bump it. Hope you can forgive me if it does.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I think this was one of the best threads on CC so I'm bumping it. Beth, I'm really sorry if my doing this bothers you in any way. I did think about how it might affect you before I decided to bump it. Hope you can forgive me if it does.
It's fine. I don't mind at all.