Abortion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2011
Well firstly, I'm not going to have Americans dictate to me what they think a Good Christian should do. So all that political pro-life nonesense that goes on over there, I will ignore.

I believe that medical procedures like abortion should be legal and accessible for women. However it should be regulated and monitored.

I don't believe that women should abort babies just because they are unwanted.

I do believe in medical abortions for complications and still births etc. I believe that should be private conversation with a doctor.

S

sonjohn

but isnt the what if also an IMO reality. I mean if you are to really look at life most things are in an IMO basis no?
Excuse me for asking, but what is IMO?

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Genesis 4:10: "The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground"

It wasn't just Abel's blood that cried out, but also his future unborn family - his future children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, etc... all not able to be born because of his death. Think about all the blood crying out from the ground... all of those unborn babies and their future families that can no longer exist.

Abortion should be replaced with thoughts on adoption instead. There are many families that can't have children that would love a child of their own.

Jun 7, 2013
I have heard of several occasions where women got abortions and afterwards went into severe depression, cause they realized their baby was dead. I would never recommend it because of biblical reasons as well as psychological ones. There's so much wrong involved that I cannot see how someone could steer it to look right.
Yeah I agree sir. I've met people who couldn't handle the aftermath.

Religion aside, my views on the matter have changed since I became a father. How anyone would want to terminate something so special and rewarding is very difficult now for me to grasp.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I have heard of several occasions where women got abortions and afterwards went into severe depression, cause they realized their baby was dead
My mother had an abortion before she was a Christian and never forgave herself for it. She was in a terrible state at the time, particularly since it was her boyfriend's dad that forced her to have it, and she had no support from anyone at the time.

About 2 years later, after she became a Christian, she still struggled to forgive herself, but God put her in a situation where she saved a baby's life. She realized that although she had taken a life she had also saved a life :D

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I
ll takepopcorn and a beer since ill probably be condemned to hell with my answer anyways. I think life begins at birth and I dont have an issue with abortion especially in th case of rape or incest. For anyone thats tries the argument of the baby you kill could cure cancer...well sure he could also be the next jeffrey dahmer

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I'll takepopcorn and a beer since ill probably be condemned to hell with my answer anyways. I think life begins at birth and I dont have an issue with abortion especially in th case of rape or incest. For anyone thats tries the argument of the baby you kill could cure cancer...well sure he could also be the next jeffrey dahmer
Nautilus, you really need to test yourself to see if you're in the faith, because never have I come across a born again Christian that approves of abortion. Many non believers support it because they are in the world and do as the world does, but believers are not of this world, and we are set apart. (Read all of 1 John to test yourself)

Do you not believe scriptures like these?

Jeremiah 1:5: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you"

Isaiah 49:1: "Listen, O coastlands, to Me, And take heed, you peoples from afar! The Lord has called Me from the womb"

Psalm 139: 13-16: "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them"

(God's wrath on unrighteousness)
Romans 1:28-32:
"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them"

Jan 26, 2009
since the topic is abt abortion i was listening to this few min video thought u guys might love it
[video=youtube;uYK_BvheWe8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYK_BvheWe8[/video]

J

jinx

ok, I'll bite.......
IMO
abortion is wrong until the mother's life is in danger.

if the woman is raped, incest, or can't afford blah blah blah.... there is always adoption. plenty of couples out there wanting a baby and can't have one for one reason or another.

if the baby is going to be deformed.... then PRAISE GOD HE found you worthy enough to raise one of those special kids. not everyone can do that. Takes a special person to do so.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Nautilus, you really need to test yourself to see if you're in the faith, because never have I come across a born again Christian that approves of abortion. Many non believers support it because they are in the world and do as the world does, but believers are not of this world, and we are set apart. (Read all of 1 John to test yourself)

Do you not believe scriptures like these?

Jeremiah 1:5: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you"

Isaiah 49:1: "Listen, O coastlands, to Me, And take heed, you peoples from afar! The Lord has called Me from the womb"

Psalm 139: 13-16: "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them"

(God's wrath on unrighteousness)
Romans 1:28-32:
"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them"
So because I don't blindly follow things that in my opinion are detrimental to a secular society as a whole I should question my faith? Did I say anywhere in there that I would have one of my own aborted? No. But I'm not going to force others to live by my standards. They want to have abortions? Cool that's their choice and I'm not very worried about stopping them.