affair with a married man.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AgeofKnowledge

The advice in this thread is sufficient to extract yourself from an immoral and potentially dangerous liaison. Additionally, you may want to contact Celebrate Recovery for support and go through their step program.

T

ti14

This man you are with is already taken and you deserve to be with a man who is free to love and cherish you. Like many others have said, quit this relationship. When you are tempted to go back to him, remind yourself that you deserve better. The fact that this man is cheating on his wife shows that he is an ungodly man. You need a man who is a follower of Christ. This man that you are seeing can never make you a priority. You need a man who can give you his heart. You don't want to be second to another women. Now that you are a follower of Christ you are a princess. God wants to shower you with good gifts, so trust that God has the right man in mind for you. A man that won't use you. A man that will love you the way that Christ loves the church. Marriage with the person that God has for you is such a beautiful thing. Personally, it's the best relationship that I have ever experienced. When you come to Christ, he transforms you and gives you the strength to let go of your old self. You are a new creature in Christ. Renewing your mind is a daily process that happens through reading your word and praying without seizing. God bless you.
Thank you!! That was so beautifully written!!!

T

ti14

Thank you all for your response and prayers, with the strength of god I was able to end this relationship! I feel so amazing because I kicked the devil out my house.

Many made it seem like I was heart less, but I'm not. Many told me to threaten him by telling his wife, but that's not my place to tell and when the time is right god will let his wife now. I personally feel like threaten someone is wrong and cause anger when its not . I prayed for my sins and that God for gives me because no one is prefect and everyone sins, that why his son died on the cross so I sins could be washed away if we believe and trust in our father.

Thank you all for your prayers!

L

lcerveny

It's wrong! The Devil is telling you lies..........like there is nothing wrong with what your doing. Repent and God will forgive you....but if you continue you are setting yourself up for a lot of hurt. Don't believe the devils lies. What about his poor wife? Think about what you are doing. He is not having an affair with you because he loves you.........he wants what he is not getting in his marriage and that does not equal love.
God bless you!

G

Guitargirl1

We all make mistakes but..we don't all try to fix them. You should ask the Lord to give you guidence and to help you in this situation. I would tell them, it's over..can't continue on the wrong path. It's too many single people out here,and besides..you know it's wrong, all the way around, it's wrong! Don't be too hard on yourself, after all..we are all human. be thankful to know it's not the right thing to do, being with a married man!i am sure, he can say many things in your ear, to try to get you to keep it like it is, please don't listen to that..it's not right!Besides, even if he left his wife to be with you, whose to say..he doesn't have a habit of this? You don't want to settle for anyone who would live a life like that, not care anymore about a marriage than that.Break it off, tell a friend what's going on with you..they can help you out. If you decide to not tell anyone, then do it yourself, for yourself..and the wife.This is not the healthiest way to start a relationship, by being in a situation like this, it could even get you or him hurt, or worse! I hope you the very best outcome, please try to break it off ASAP, it would be so much better for you.don't allow this to happen again, only you can prevent these things. take the time to find out who someone is before going in deep with them, you just might run out of air! peace be with you and hope you find a quick solution to this issue!

C

Cino

This is something I'm very ashamed of and can't believe I let myself get into this.

I have been having an affair with a married man for about 6 months. I have recently let God back into my life and I feel like a new person and extremely blessed, but this affair is keeping me down because I know its not right but I have thoughts in my head telling me there is nothing wrong with what I'm doing. I have so much good going on in my life that I don't want it to be taken back because of my sins. I'm having a hard time ending it and he knows what to say to make me want to stay. I'm very confused and need help.
The affair must stop if you want to go back to God and find peace. End of story. You cannot continue to have an affair with man and say you are back with God. The two don't go together, sorry. And this man having the right words to tell you to stay, are not his words, but words of Satan that are put into this man. Satan is telling you that you are doing nothing wrong, and Satan is telling this man the words to tell you. Wake up! You must end this affair, and then you must get on your knees and ask God for forgiveness. You said you recently let God back into your life but don't be fooled. God is not back in your life if you are continuing to have this affair. Sorry, but those are almost blasphemous words. God cannot come back into a life that is living in sin. You must give up your sin first. Satan is telling you that everything is ok, and God is back in my life, and I am doing nothing wrong. You cannot have it both ways. I think deep down you should know that. Don't be fooled by yourself or Satan. Cut off the affair first... THEN let God back into your life....repent for your sin..... and then God may come back into your life. Tell this man that you can never see him again, and pray for the strength and grace to stay away from him.

C

ceecee

Thank you for being brave enough to post this...and for all of the wise, caring and ultimately Christian responses. I was in a similar situation but reading this thread gave me the strength to end my relationship - something I'd been praying about but unable to do previously. God bless you all.

J

JLS

This is something I'm very ashamed of and can't believe I let myself get into this.

I have been having an affair with a married man for about 6 months. I have recently let God back into my life and I feel like a new person and extremely blessed, but this affair is keeping me down because I know its not right but I have thoughts in my head telling me there is nothing wrong with what I'm doing. I have so much good going on in my life that I don't want it to be taken back because of my sins. I'm having a hard time ending it and he knows what to say to make me want to stay. I'm very confused and need help.
I'm wondering if you were able to get out of this...it's so difficult. Hurts so bad.

38miles

I echo the need to see a biblical counselor. And you need transparency and honesty with yourself and someone else. There are clear lies in you that seem to be able to bend you to their will...and you're not alone, but you need accountability from someone who can speak biblically. Have you gotten any advice from nonbelievers? Sometimes an unbeliever can corrupt a believer's thinking, not with intent to harm, but just because they don't view sin as we do.

J

JLS

I became involved with a married man knowingly however he lied from the beginning claiming the "divorce was almost final"...now I know not only was it not almost final but he was never getting a divorce in the first place. We're no longer seeing each other because he suddenly cut all contact (which is why I investigated his claims to getting a divorce). The pain and hurt are overwhelming. We're still somewhat in the same circle and on occasion have to interact due to professional reasons...needless to say...he treats me like he doesn't know me and we were working on a volunteer project together and he dropped his side of the project without saying anything to anyone and it greatly damaged a part of the project.
We were very close and I felt we knew each other from another time...he was my best friend. We went on a short but amazing trip together...had the best time and became even closer...literally he got up and went to work the next morning when when returned home and I simply never heard from him again for over a week...the only reason why I think he finally reached out was because I became quite un-nerved as you would expect. He met me crying claiming he was getting back with his wife and called off the divorce...(again...I believe in my heart now there was going to be a divorce). I'm dying inside right now...I have no contact anymore but still very much in love with him. I know it's not right...but I'm confused with my faith because just before I met this man, I asked God to bring me someone exactly like this man...seriously I felt like it was a prayer answered almost as if I ordered him from a menu...and then this happened...I know we have "free will" but is it free will if the person is lying to you the whole time and your actions are based on what they're saying to you?

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
You do realise this was posted 7 months ago?

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
I suspected my wife was having an affair. I mentioned this to a christian who told me as her husband I had unique authority over the marriage And suggested I pray that if she is involved wrongfully with a man that it be exposed. We prayed and then my friend said this type of prayer often takes two weeks or so to work and advised me to do nothing but wait and see.

About two weeks later, my daughter told me I should divorce my wife. She told me she had looked into my wife's text messages and found some to a man about kissing. My wife made a huge mistake when I confronted her. She tried to deny it and mitigate what happened. She tried to say that he kissed her on her cheek.

I said "I kiss my grandma, my mom, my kids on the cheek and we never text each other about that." I knew she was lying and because she did not tell me the truth, I find it very difficult to believe her. We are now separated and have been for years. I hope she comes back but if she does she will have to go the extra mile to earn my trust.
Wow! This is so transparent. It takes courage to be that transparent - even online. I'm sorry that happened in your marriage.

Jruiz

Dec 13, 2013
There is absolutely nothing to be confused about.. It's Wrong,Wrong,Wrong! What is it about woman so attracted to married men ? Or men in relationships ? What's so attractive about lying cheating scum bags ??Do you realy like to share men? (Gross) I only can"imagine", how the wife feels...does he have kids? Because you don't only cheat on your wife but also your kids..I think you know Exactly what to do! I don't feel sorry for you.. I feel sorry for the wife...put your self in her shoes ......so sad !

U

Ugly

There is absolutely nothing to be confused about.. It's Wrong,Wrong,Wrong! What is it about woman so attracted to married men ? Or men in relationships ? What's so attractive about lying cheating scum bags ??Do you realy like to share men? (Gross) I only can"imagine", how the wife feels...does he have kids? Because you don't only cheat on your wife but also your kids..I think you know Exactly what to do! I don't feel sorry for you.. I feel sorry for the wife...put your self in her shoes ......so sad !
As a friendly suggestion, i think you need to step back and look at where your heart is. I see by most of your recent posts there seems to be a lot of anger. I responded to your 'any men that don't cheat' thread, so i understand you're hurting. But its very apparent in your posts that your attitude and outlook on things seem affected and that your responses are tinged by the anger you're feeling. It may be wise that you work through these issues and your attitudes toward men in general before offering advice to people about men and their marriages.

May 3, 2013
If you were his wife... How would you feel if you know your husband cheats on you?

How would you feel if your children don't get the money they need and YOU weren't receiving that love you cling with that intercourse you might miss?

S

sam2014

I can imagine how difficult that could be for you. This is a hurtful situation all around. But think about how one day when you'll be married and happy. Could you imagine the hurt you would feel if your husband was doing that to you? I truly believe the Holy Spirit is encouraging you to do the right thing. But for this to work you have to incorporate more prayer into your life. You need to fall more in love with your God than this connection you have with this man. You know what the right thing to do is, so don't all of us when we sin...does that make us want to stop ...no, what makes us stop is when we see how we are hurting the same man who cared enough to die for our sins every time we engage in a sinful act. Ultimately your sin is already forgiven and the Lord see us perfect without sin, but sometimes we see ourselves less then that. Trust me the enemy is trying to distort your vision, I can almost guarantee you the Lord has something BETTER in store for you. Don't let the enemy distort your vision. This is a battle between good and evil. We already the know what the enemy wants. You already have the ViCTORY! CLAIM IT

Jan 14, 2014
I became involved with a married man knowingly however he lied from the beginning claiming the "divorce was almost final"...now I know not only was it not almost final but he was never getting a divorce in the first place. We're no longer seeing each other because he suddenly cut all contact (which is why I investigated his claims to getting a divorce). The pain and hurt are overwhelming. We're still somewhat in the same circle and on occasion have to interact due to professional reasons...needless to say...he treats me like he doesn't know me and we were working on a volunteer project together and he dropped his side of the project without saying anything to anyone and it greatly damaged a part of the project.
We were very close and I felt we knew each other from another time...he was my best friend. We went on a short but amazing trip together...had the best time and became even closer...literally he got up and went to work the next morning when when returned home and I simply never heard from him again for over a week...the only reason why I think he finally reached out was because I became quite un-nerved as you would expect. He met me crying claiming he was getting back with his wife and called off the divorce...(again...I believe in my heart now there was going to be a divorce). I'm dying inside right now...I have no contact anymore but still very much in love with him. I know it's not right...but I'm confused with my faith because just before I met this man, I asked God to bring me someone exactly like this man...seriously I felt like it was a prayer answered almost as if I ordered him from a menu...and then this happened...I know we have "free will" but is it free will if the person is lying to you the whole time and your actions are based on what they're saying to you?

Its only wrong if the guy was honest with you at the start... this is a guy who took you out on trips.. spend time with you talk to you swept you off your feet comfort when you needed it . He had you thinking something totally different divorce do not happen overnight ! so he had you thinking otherwise about how he was about to get a divorce this is a guy that knew everything how to work this situation he manipulated you because he saw the opportunity to do so. your not in the wrong in my eyes because you already in love its going to take some time.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
WARNING :YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME POSTING!!!!
YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME POSTING!!!!

This is a 7 month old thread and the OP only active for this thread....