AFT decides not to ban AR-15 ammo

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Not being American I know this will sound controversal I don't get the right to carry arms, or for that matter why anyone would want. I still remember of the news report of the toddler in a shop shooting his mother. This would not happen if no-one had the right to have a gun. Also guns are less likely to fall into the wrong hands.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Not being American I know this will sound controversal I don't get the right to carry arms, or for that matter why anyone would want. I still remember of the news report of the toddler in a shop shooting his mother. This would not happen if no-one had the right to have a gun. Also guns are less likely to fall into the wrong hands.
you are aware that even though guns are "banned" in the UK, the outlaws still have guns.

S

Sirk

Then you have not been around the neighborhoods I have been in, as they are automatic and not semi-automatic.
And I know about semi-automatic weapons as I use to own a AK-47 and used it for dear hunting, as the semi-automatic function and removing the bayonet from it and using a slide clip made it legal for hunting.

Guns our fine to own and I support them being owned, just not in the automatic variety that I see in the neighborhoods I have grown up in and been to.
you used an AK-47 for deer hunting? Did you field dress it with the bayonette on the end of it? Lol. Wow dude....you're something else.

It it is illegal to own a fully automatic weapon without a special license. I'm guessing the ones you supposedly have "in the neighborhoods you've been in" probably got there thru your buddies...Eric holder and Barack Obamas fast and furious debacle.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Lots of military grade rifles double just fine for hunting. Back in the day, before all these authoritarian regulations were foisted to denude moral everyday citizens of their right to bear arms and defend themselves; I liked the M1 Garand for that purpose. But, the AK47 works fine for deer and hog even without the bayonet... lol.

As always, you have to check the nanny libtard laws to make sure you have the right sized clips and whatnot.

you used an AK-47 for deer hunting? Did you field dress it with the bayonette on the end of it? Lol. Wow dude....you're something else.

It it is illegal to own a fully automatic weapon without a special license. I'm guessing the ones you supposedly have "in the neighborhoods you've been in" probably got there thru your buddies...Eric holder and Barack Obamas fast and furious debacle.

S

Sirk

Lots of military grade rifles double just fine for hunting. Back in the day, before all these authoritarian regulations were foisted to denude moral everyday citizens of their right to bear arms and defend themselves; I liked the M1 Garand for that purpose. But, the AK47 works fine for deer and hog even without the bayonet... lol.

As always, you have to check the nanny libtard laws to make sure you have the right sized clips and whatnot.
I prefer my 25/06 for deer. I have a semi auto 223 that's fun for varmints. In my mind, a firearm like an ak or ar are good for varmint and target shooting. I realize people use them for bigger game but it has always seemed off to me.....maybe it's because it feels to me like they are not ideal for safe hunting practices.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Well a man's got to eat. LOL!

I prefer my 25/06 for deer. I have a semi auto 223 that's fun for varmints. In my mind, a firearm like an ak or ar are good for varmint and target shooting. I realize people use them for bigger game but it has always seemed off to me.....maybe it's because it feels to me like they are not ideal for safe hunting practices.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Some criminals in the UK have guns but I would feel far more unsafe if we had the right to bear arms. Yes some of the police in specific situations are armed and when I lived in Northern Ireland the police were normally armed. We do not in the UK have much gun crime. When talking about knife crime, if you carry a knife you are much more likely to get stabbed so I see guns in the same way. I think it is in part what you grow up being used to

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Some criminals in the UK have guns but I would feel far more unsafe if we had the right to bear arms. Yes some of the police in specific situations are armed and when I lived in Northern Ireland the police were normally armed. We do not in the UK have much gun crime. When talking about knife crime, if you carry a knife you are much more likely to get stabbed so I see guns in the same way. I think it is in part what you grow up being used to
and if someone breaks into your house seeking to cause you harm, what you going to do? yep you will be just another victim on the news,

Now me, I'll just shoot the person that breaks into my house seeking to cause me harm, thus eliminating the threat. thus the criminal will be the victim on the news and not me.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Most break in's in the UK are burglaries, break in's tend to happen when the home owner is out. If I was in the house, I would barricade myself and family in a room away from the person who had broken into the house and phone the police. If I was able to get out the house I would.

Chainhand

Jun 1, 2013
Screen+shot+2010-09-29+at++Wednesday,+September+29,+10.05+AM.png

article-2313942-1974D490000005DC-694_634x522.jpg

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
and if someone breaks into your house seeking to cause you harm, what you going to do? yep you will be just another victim on the news,

Now me, I'll just shoot the person that breaks into my house seeking to cause me harm, thus eliminating the threat. thus the criminal will be the victim on the news and not me.
There's pros and cons with guns. My step dad has them all around the house. My uncle doesn't have one. It's all preference. It's all a matter on you knowing how to use the gun, and not being like the whack jobs you see on the news. Or not letting your kids get hold of the gun.

S

ServantStrike

If you're comparing Ireland to England that's comparing apples to oranges until the last what 20 years or so?

And look at the stats from other posters - you're no safer now than you were when honest citizens could own guns. What did banning them accomplish other than make you feel better if the murder rate didn't change?

Ask yourself this question - have you never in your life complained about something your government did? I've never met a single person anywhere in the world who has never felt that their government failed them in some way or another.

People don't gain rights, they lose them through laws and social policy shifts. Can you say with certainty that 50 years from now things will be the same that they are today? How about 100 years - do you think future generations will enjoy the quality of life that you enjoy at this moment? Aren't you at all concerned that some day, something horrible might not happen and those in power could abuse it?

Can't happen here are famous last words. Ask the Russians, or the Germans, or the Chinese - all three of those countries saw millions die at the hands of their fellow countrymen because of situations that they never would have thought possible.

I'm not advocating taking up arms because your taxes go up. I'm not even saying you need to protect your own life. I'm saying you need to give careful consideration to how to protect other people's lives. Some of those people don't know Christ - and their eternity is not your eternity. Maybe if they lived longer, that could change.

So what makes you, or myself, or anyone else qualified to decide that someone can or cannot defend themselves or those around them? What scriptural command says that 100 percent of the time without fail, we are to turn the other cheek so far that we end up dead, or those around us end up dead? What passage of scripture indicates that all Christians who are murdered are martyrs and a witness for Christ?

A

AgeofKnowledge

And you'll be being a good neighbor for the "next person" won't be victimized... maybe raped if it's a woman maybe murdered too.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Most break in's in the UK are burglaries, break in's tend to happen when the home owner is out. If I was in the house, I would barricade myself and family in a room away from the person who had broken into the house and phone the police. If I was able to get out the house I would.
and if the person breaking in isn't just there to steal stuff but kill you and anyone else in the house. you call police, and when they finally do show up you are all dead or seriously injured. and we read about you in the news.

S

ServantStrike

and if the person breaking in isn't just there to steal stuff but kill you and anyone else in the house. you call police, and when they finally do show up you are all dead or seriously injured. and we read about you in the news.

Yeah, there is that aspect of things too.

Again, people seem to like to legislate away firearms so that they feel safer, but never seem to look at the stastics behind what happens when you do that. If we forget for a minute the glaring problem of what happens to a disarmed populace when another armed populace (either their own government or someone else's government) decides to attack - there is still the problem of the safety of this disarmed populace.

A good police response time in a populated area is somewhere between 10-15 minutes. A lot can go down in that period of time - easily enough time to end up raped, beaten, or murdered.

Gun or no gun someone can kill in under a minute with the average kitchen knife. 15 minutes for a squad car to get there is an eternity. If a nation ended up under attack for some reason, then the response time for military troops is even longer. There was a time not too long ago that even in the US, the government realized this and encouraged gun ownership as a means to increase national security.

Someone who gets murdered in a developed nation with the freedom of religion probably isn't a martyr for Christ like an early church Christian that died for refusing to deny Christ under Roman rule. They're an unfortunate victim that more likely than not didn't even mention Christ during their last moments.

And taking away one single tool used to protect people from becoming victims has strangely enough not stopped more people from becoming victims. Perhaps because criminals don't follow laws, and when someone is intent on doing bodily harm, they'll find a way to do it.

A

AgeofKnowledge

We get serial murders come through periodically here in SoCal. The night stalker was well known but we've had plenty of them come through that were only a blurb on the evening news.

More than a few of them are from Mexico and Central America that illegally cross over the border, do their raping, robbing, and/or murdering, and then slip back across the border afterwards undetected.

Some like to take souvenirs to later relive these crimes. At times it's their victim's jewelry/clothes but other times it's body parts. The night stalker, for example, carved out a lady's eyes he had just raped. He took her eyes with him.

I 100% guarantee that if one of these cretin's try to creep into my house: I'm going to blow his head clean off with a 12 gauge home defense shotgun. And I mean clean off.

I'll feel good about it too knowing I did my part for my neighbors and my community.

S

Sirk

The average person doesn't even know how to confront a home intruder and will likely kill someone unnecessarily or will have their firearm used against them.