After separation/divorce/widowhood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
I wanna know, has anyone else ever felt suicidal? I mean , divorce, 5 children, no job, zero friends, zero money, zero self esteem....zero everything y'all. I mean, how bad can it get? I had to cry out to God for help.
since suicide is extremely emotional & personal, most people won't admit they thought of committing suicide. i've wanted to die awhile back but not in the way of suicide, just thought i was worthless especially since my parents beat us physically & spiritually to a very extreme level. all the neighbors knew what was going too. i will pray for you. not related to this issue here but sometimes people have to be brought to absolute hopelessness to realize they need Jesus. may you inherit all of God's blessings!

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
It’s ok to feel these things, we are only human but try not to dwell on such thoughts.
Yes, well said, as God, Through our Grace apostle, Exhorts:

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever​
things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things​
are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of​
good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,​
think on these things.​
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and​
heard, and seen in me, do: and The God of Peace Shall be with you."​
(Philippians 4:8-9)​

And, Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Hello sis...

Never been married...no kids my struggles are different from yours but there were times those thoughts came into mind but I chose to keep going and It was the best and the right decision I had made ... Yes... It can be difficult to stay positive but things are going to get better you can make it through 💪

It is quite hard right now but u need to be strong for your kids...the only person they can rely on right now is their beloved and precious mom 🙏🏼💪

Don't lose hope because God's promises never fail ❤️

Praying for you 🙏🏼 God bless you ❤️

Jun 3, 2023
God has to be our ultimate source of joy and peace. But, to get to that place... I hear Christians say they are there (I truly wonder if they understand what they're saying). I am not, and not sure how to get there. And, until I do, I feel lost without the basics of this life: job/career/purpose, mate, and friends.

I have thought about suicide, but a) my survival instinct's too great, b) I would hurt too many people, and c) I'm not sure how God would respond to it. Ultimately, that tells God that we did not trust His way for us, and I'm not sure what would happen after my soul left my body.

Job went through a terrestrial Hell. I have experienced what I call a "Job-lite": joblessness, homelessness, and my wife having gone Home before I did, and at a young age. I am now unemployed again, and I still am alone. I'm worried about losing my little mobile home. I am 58, and I am asking God, "When is this going to stop? WILL it ever stop? I do not want to live this way. I know I am to be clay in your hands, but must my life be this way until the end?? Must the painful "sculpting" go on perpetually? Most Christians seem to have periods of blessing and disciplining. After 14+ years of being without a woman in my life (and getting less pretty each day), and with the past 6 or so years experiencing very choppy waters employment-wise, and now being in AZ for 3.5 years and still with zero social life, how much longer is this going to go on?? I know I need to trust Your wisdom. Help me to do that, but please... please... take Your heavy hand from me the millisecond it is possible!"
Now This!!!! God sure has His amazing ways of speaking to us. Calvary's blessings to you Friend.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Apostle paul was never married yet he gave marriage principles many are led to follow ..one doesn't need to go through a circumstance to gain experience .the holy spirit teaches friend .
Yep, He teaches. But to say that you don't need experience is quite an ignorant statement. It tells me that you have much of real life to endure before you are capable of providing wisdom to others. You are obviously young and idealistic. Life will crap on you at some point. And, when it does, you then will understand the phrase "ignorance of youth".

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I wanna know, has anyone else ever felt suicidal? I mean , divorce, 5 children, no job, zero friends, zero money, zero self esteem....zero everything y'all. I mean, how bad can it get? I had to cry out to God for help.
I get you. I understand. Grieving the loss of the life you had that made you happy is a very tough road.

I watched my wife's body lower into the ground on April 11, 2009. Before this, I thought my clueless and simplistic advice to grievers should have been enough to alleviate their pain. "They're in Heaven! Still alive! Don't hurt so much!!" Then, I lost a part of me. Then, I became a far better grief counselor. Experience was the needed teacher.

I am still alone, and now my career seems on the ropes again. Taking on a job that I'd seek out at 18 is the last thing I want to do. This is not where you see yourself at 59 when you are in your 30s. You expect things to iron out over time and become more stable.

All I can say is try to believe in your heart that God is not unjust, that His purposes are higher than ours. His judgments are made from a place of wisdom and righteousness that we were not designed to comprehend. All looked lost to the Jews when they were between the Egyptian military and the Red Sea. Faith is what we need right now, and learning to make God our treasure. This is what I've been praying for. Because, unless God gives me these other things again, I will have no reason to live this stupid life.

So, that would be my suggestion. Also, seek out those who've gone through similar things. Do not see the counsel of those who have not, because they simply will not be able to provide you with the perspective you need.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Yep, He teaches. But to say that you don't need experience is quite an ignorant statement. It tells me that you have much of real life to endure before you are capable of providing wisdom to others. You are obviously young and idealistic. Life will crap on you at some point. And, when it does, you then will understand the phrase "ignorance of youth".
...But God .

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The Bible talks about this, the foolishness of youth. It's one reason, I'm fairly certain, God tells people to honor their parents. They've lived more and therefore, learned more. You will too, if you live long enough.

I'm done with this guy, who needs a few life lessons to kick some humility into him.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
The Bible talks about this, the foolishness of youth. It's one reason, I'm fairly certain, God tells people to honor their parents. They've lived more and therefore, learned more. You will too, if you live long enough.

I'm done with this guy, who needs a few life lessons to kick some humility into him.
Matthew 11 28 -30
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Roman 8:1. Just understand that whatever is begotten of the flesh is unto destruction ,friend .

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I get you. I understand. Grieving the loss of the life you had that made you happy is a very tough road.

I watched my wife's body lower into the ground on April 11, 2009. Before this, I thought my clueless and simplistic advice to grievers should have been enough to alleviate their pain. "They're in Heaven! Still alive! Don't hurt so much!!" Then, I lost a part of me. Then, I became a far better grief counselor. Experience was the needed teacher.
I have such experience too.